Couche-Tard Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Couche-Tard Président et chef de la direction Brian P. Hannasch
Brian P. Hannasch

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Flexible Schedule, Interaction with people (in 5 reviews)

• good job set , nice work environment , we do our best , employees work 110% , no problems so far (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Not many employee benefits other than employee discounts and unreachable mystery shopper monthly reward, Low pay(minimum wage) (in 3 reviews)

• Poor work environment (depends on the store) (in 3 reviews)

1. "Cashier/gas attendant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Johns, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Johns, CA

I worked at Couche-Tard (More than a year)

Pros

The regular customers make working there such an awesome experience, also the co workers become you family :) ! excellent experience

Cons

Minor irate customer here and there, no major cons in my experience.

Advice to Management

More compensation to each manager at each store.

2. "Training??"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Couche-Tard (Less than a year)

Pros

Pretty Laid back for the most part. No micromanagement

Cons

Lack of a formal training program. Learn by the seat of your pants. What little training there is gets cancelled or rescheduled on a regular basis

3. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Couche-Tard (Less than a year)

Pros

M&A just happened between Circle K and The Pantry. Many new exciting things.

Cons

Still in transition period, so there are still many uncertainties.

Advice to Management

Give more feedback especially to ex The Pantry Employee.

"Horrible environment and vindictive coworkers,don't trust circle k management"

Current Employee - CSSC in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - CSSC in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Couche-Tard (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great customers (most of the time) and being a csr you build great, loyal reltionships with regular customers. Working with money transactions improves math skills

Cons

Horrible managent that play favorites (e.g. I was just written up for going 0.3 hrs over 40 hrs for the week because the employee coming in as I was suppose to get off was late and there was a huge line so i tried to help get the line down....this was superbowl sunday and Ihad been alone for almost two hrs. Mean while nothing happens to that employee for being late. Also some employees can call in and say they will be there when they can and its ok, employees have pulled marijuana out on camera behind the counters and even came to work drunk and fell asleep behind the counter and nothing was done about it) and discriminate against employees that call them out on it especially if they are the minority (e.g. in my case i'm white in a hispanic dominate store and city). I have worked for the company going on four years and I have not once called in sick and have only been late once and that was because i was at the ER getting stitches. The only time time I've called in or missed work is the day I went into labor,gave birth and went on maternity leave. Speaking of which my OB/GYN gave me a note requesting a stool so that I could sit down for 10-15 min once every hr or two and requesting I that I get 15-20 min to sit and eat both of which I could do at the register so as to keep working and I was told by the store manager if I turned it in they would put me on maternity leave like it or not. But the pregnant hispanic girl got a stool and got to sit pretty much her whole shift for months. working here makes you feel like you're back in high school. Employees and managers are you best friend one day and giving you total attitude the next. They don't appreciate hard working employees, give slack to the lazy ones they're buddy buddy with and put your safety at risk by giving out uour schedule. I had a girl that was 86'd from our store for stealing threaten to kill me (told my assistant mngr) if she ever caught me off the property and as soon as I went on vacation they lifted the trespass and even though I caught her stealing several times nothing was done until an hispanic employee caught her. We have a lady that comes in and steals news papers 56oz cups and the metal coffee cups all the time she verbally abuses me and other customers and nothings been done yet my fiancee was 86'd from the store for confronting beer runners. And the only thing worse that that is the pay, again i'm going on 4 yrs and i only make $8.81 well that and they have train new employees and tell them if they have any questions my number is on the wall. And a co worker was suspended for a couple days for giving a customer complaining of cramps a midol. And i have good relationships with my regulars so some ofthem tip me some times cash some times smokes or an energy drink if i look sluggish this has been going on for pretty much the whole 4 yrs at 2 different stores through 8 different store managers and 2 DMs. Now they sent me on administrative leave pending an investigation into me accepting tips. For one my store manager tipped me and two if a customer feels the need to tip you it means you're doing something right.... more so when they tip 90% of the time they come in. Not only that but according to my new assit mngr the employee handbook says you're allowed to take tips and even if she's wrong how are they going to punish/fire an employee for accepting tips when the store manager tips the employees. She tipped me at least 3 times for around $50

Advice to Management

Respect the employees that care and are proven to be reliable and dependable. Stop with the favoritism and offer better pay....we dont even get discounts here....

5. "Don't work for Circle K"

Current Employee - Cashier in Loveland, OH
    Current Employee - Cashier in Loveland, OH

Pros

The customers are the reason I have stayed so long. I also like working 3rd shift. I also like everyones personality that I work with. We just need the teamwork. We also have a very fair boss.

Cons

In order for me to get my 40 hours I have to work three 3rd shifts and two 1st shifts. Some of the employees don't keep up on stocking. Theres definately no team work at the store I work at. They have this lame program called SEAL basically you sign it everyday and say what your going to do that day then you get evaluated. You dont get nothing if you get a good evaluation. Some corporate dummy thought it was a good idea. You only get a raise once a year and it only goes up to a quarter!!! There insurance isn't worth having. Your complaints don't get taken care of. But they keep coming up with more things that they want there employee to do for them. But they need to compensate the employees. This company just wants to have cheap waged employees. I worked for the company for 2 yrs all I recieveds was a lame pin I could put on my nametag. That read Service for 2 yrs a letter saying how much they apperciate me. 3rd year recieved nothing. There handbook needs redone. There are alot of things in it that aren't true. I had a brother in-law pass away in it your suposed to get payed for days you missed up to three. I missed two did I get payed no. I have worked with the company for 3 yrs. Do I get 2 weeks paid vacation no it goes by a percentage of hours worked. We have to tolerate alot of stuff from customers especially about prices. Let the corporate people work in a real busy Circle K for 2 weeks and let them see how much they like the job.

Advice to Management

There should be 2 people per shift. There should be a checklist for each shift on what needs to be done the employee should also have to intial it. There should be a policy where 3 strikes your fired. Give the employees a incentive to stay working with circle k. Give them a extra raise for every year worked. Give the employees discounts on merchandise. Show the employees you care and they will care about your business. Little incentives like a paid day off or sick days. I have worked with them for 3 yrs and have called off maybe 4 times. Due to illness or death in family. That kind of stuff needs rewarded. Prepay all pumps you won't have to worry about driveoffs!!!

6. "Senior Systems Administrator"

I have been working at Couche-Tard full-time

Pros

Technology, Hours, People, Flexibility, Projects

Cons

Red Tape, Pay, politics, vacation

7. "eh"

I worked at Couche-Tard full-time

Pros

the job is way too easy

Cons

the people are just down right terrible

8. "Don't work for this company"

Pros

Their are None I hate this company

Cons

They are the worst company ever

Advice to Management

Find a different job

9. "accounting/finance"

Former Employee - Staff Accountant
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant

Pros

some flexible hours after you have been there awhile - free coffee

Cons

horrible management, its all about them

Advice to Management

treat your employees like they are really worth their time & increase their pay

10. "Not so good with employees"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

Pros

No pros can be given

Cons

Work for pennies
    Not enough money to do a job you risk your life daily for
    Most managers treat employees bad
    Work overtime and get burnt out real fast

Advice to Management

Get to know your employees
    Need benefits
    Set up a better reward system.