Country Pure Foods Reviews | Glassdoor

2.3
Ray Lee

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "plant manager"

Pros

busy place, interesting work, good place to learn

Cons

Employees could use more training

2. "Machine operator"

Former Employee - Machine Operator in Deland, FL

I worked at Country Pure Foods full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast pace job that keeps you going.

Cons

Supervisor and trainers knowing enough to train new employee

Advice to Management

Never have a supervisor on the floor alone until they are completely trained themselves.

3. "Couldnt make up their mind"

I worked at Country Pure Foods full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly place to work, employees work hard to satisfy Management

Cons

I applied and was hired for a specific position 2nd day on the job, they deceided they wanted me to perform unrelated duties - out side my previous job focus. I was then scolded for not performing and eventually let go - they wanted a completely differnt type of skill set. "were sorry but we dont wany your skill set, we should have thought this thru better"

4. "Draining"

Current Employee - Maintenance in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Maintenance in Akron, OH

I have been working at Country Pure Foods full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing at all it will make you appreciate your time you spend with your family because you will work everyday 12 hrs a day 7 days a week

Cons

Management is top heavy this company runs 7 days a week always short handed its shocking how upper management can blatantly fail to do their job yet they still keep their job and in some instances are promoted or praised it's really very shocking

Advice to Management

Quit being self centered and closed minded

5. "Maintenance tech."

Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Houston, TX

I worked at Country Pure Foods full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There's always work and overtime.

Cons

There's always too much turn around in management I had 4 maintenance managers and 3 plant managers in the time I was there. And Everytime a new manager would come I they wanted to do something different there was nothing structured..

Advice to Management

Not much to say because they don't keep managers long enough to make a difference...

6. "I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS PLACE IS STILL IN BUSINESS"

I have been working at Country Pure Foods full-time

Pros

Lots of overtime excluding June & July.Job security with union just don't point out on calling off work.

Cons

Upper management and some shift supervisors are a trip.They micro-manage everybody, union and non-union people. No respect for employees.Always looking for what you did wrong but never hold what upper management did wrong accountable.

Advice to Management

Develop a pm schedule for lines. We fix it when it breaks.This causes a lot of downtime ensuring 6/7 day work weeks.Also use your cameras for a purpose other than looking for employees doing something wrong,ex this line keeps having this same problem day after day,maybe we should look into this.Your employees have low moral because of the way you treat us.Only you can change this .

7. "Machine operator"

Former Employee - Machine Operator in Deland, FL

I worked at Country Pure Foods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of overtime
    Yea that's about it

Cons

Lots of overtime
    Management plays favorites

Advice to Management

If you going to ask for your employees to work 6/7 day work week (especially the 3rd shift) and the more problematic rooms (eco) you need to value them more and don't make them feel as if they will never live up to their coworkers. That room is a stressful environment!

8. "Anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in De Land, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in De Land, FL

I have been working at Country Pure Foods full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Still waiting to see it.

Cons

Most things at that establishment.

Advice to Management

Management does not seem to care about advice.

9. "Different"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

I have been working at Country Pure Foods full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A lot of chance to make money...OT

Cons

To much OT. Turnover. Majority of the management is in reasonable...

Advice to Management

Listen to employees

10. "A Company In the Midst of Transformation"

Former Employee - Operator in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Operator in Akron, OH

Pros

Country Pure Foods is installing brand new high speeds lines. The have an excellent QA department which ensure safe consumable products. A new union contract. There is a new procedure which all, just hired in, operators that must learn the different production lines. Country Pure Foods is acquiring other companies for growth .They have their excellent V Blends, Frozen Products, and it looks like they are expanding their water cup line along with a coffee line. Toyota/Sapporro owns them. Very good pay. 401K that pays half of your basis . At Country Pure Foods you'll work with some of the hardest working people that you'll ever have the chance to experience .

Cons

As I said in the title , " A Company in the Midst of Transformation" . There are some issues with the production equipment , which results in down time. This puts pressure on the maintenance crew . While I was working for them , Country Pure Foods replaced parts, they also had outside consultants , technicians come in to resolve the issues, but the adjustments didn't seem to last long enough. So because of this , during their busy season, they supply for the schools too, there is a 7 day work work. I do believe the newly installed , and soon to be installed , high speed lines should help to resolve this issue .

Advice to Management

While I was working there we had a meeting . At the meeting an issue was brought up about Climate Control , for there isn't any. The problem is that Country Pure Foods has asked for the funding for Climate Control, but gets rejected . Keep pushing for that funding. Myself, I really didn't have a problem with management . They were patient enough with me to adjust to the learning curve , but I just couldn't get it . I think it had to do with some of the 12 hour work days along with the bus ride . I would get home at 9 at night and have to be up at 4 in the morning . My advice to anyone who reads this. If you get hired in, give this company two years, then you'll be happy with your wait.