Country Pure Foods Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ray Lee

1. "A Company In the Midst of Transformation"

Former Employee - Operator in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Operator in Akron, OH

Pros

Country Pure Foods is installing brand new high speeds lines. The have an excellent QA department which ensure safe consumable products. A new union contract. There is a new procedure which all, just hired in, operators that must learn the different production lines. Country Pure Foods is acquiring other companies for growth .They have their excellent V Blends, Frozen Products, and it looks like they are expanding their water cup line along with a coffee line. Toyota/Sapporro owns them. Very good pay. 401K that pays half of your basis . At Country Pure Foods you'll work with some of the hardest working people that you'll ever have the chance to experience .

Cons

As I said in the title , " A Company in the Midst of Transformation" . There are some issues with the production equipment , which results in down time. This puts pressure on the maintenance crew . While I was working for them , Country Pure Foods replaced parts, they also had outside consultants , technicians come in to resolve the issues, but the adjustments didn't seem to last long enough. So because of this , during their busy season, they supply for the schools too, there is a 7 day work work. I do believe the newly installed , and soon to be installed , high speed lines should help to resolve this issue .

Advice to Management

While I was working there we had a meeting . At the meeting an issue was brought up about Climate Control , for there isn't any. The problem is that Country Pure Foods has asked for the funding for Climate Control, but gets rejected . Keep pushing for that funding. Myself, I really didn't have a problem with management . They were patient enough with me to adjust to the learning curve , but I just couldn't get it . I think it had to do with some of the 12 hour work days along with the bus ride . I would get home at 9 at night and have to be up at 4 in the morning . My advice to anyone who reads this. If you get hired in, give this company two years, then you'll be happy with your wait.

"Run away"

Former Employee - Manager in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Manager in Akron, OH

I worked at Country Pure Foods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stay as far away from this company as possible. Management needs a loud and clear wake up call to reality.

Cons

Company does not care about employees. They run you into the ground with the amount of hours required to work and be on call. Safety is not a priority and they try to manufacture products with 1970s style equipment. Rude and disrespectful and only care about themselves.

Advice to Management

Take a step back and get to know who your employees are. Allow them to have a life. Invest money in modern equipment and tools to do the job correctly so that you don't have to run 7 days a week because you don't know how to plan correctly.

"Small business with great potential"

Former Employee - Office Manager in Gulfport, MS
    Former Employee - Office Manager in Gulfport, MS

I worked at Country Pure Foods full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working for this company you have a family type feel. Everyone know one another and there is an easy flow of communication.

Cons

As with any small business there is not much room for advancement, but it is a great environment for learning.

Advice to Management

Monthly meetings with employees would be great!

"Factory"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ellington, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ellington, CT

I worked at Country Pure Foods full-time

Pros

Excellent benefits, hours generally allow home life. Workload consistent.l

Cons

Very poor training. Very cliquish group is very hard to break into.

Advice to Management

Train..train train!! You get back what you invest!

"It"

Former Employee - Machine Operator in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Machine Operator in Akron, OH

Pros

None, this place is awful. It's like a modern day slavery. A pay check. Very racist!!! Just nothing good to say!

Cons

You're just a number to these people. They don't care about your situation or anything. Forces you to work overtime every other day. If it's time for you to get off and they need you, forget about your plans. No understanding, I hate the place and will not recommend anyone to work there. It's a terrible place to work!!

Advice to Management

Yall suck as humans.

"It is a great place to work if career development is not important to you."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

I have been working at Country Pure Foods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small company atmosphere gives maximum visibility for projects that you are involved in. Convenient location makes it an easy commute for those in the Akron/Canton area. The pay seems to rival larger companies

Cons

No upward mobility or career development objectives. This is great if you are a director or VP but doesn't bode well for those caught in the middle. Some positions require frequent travel.

Advice to Management

Motivate your employees by valuing their opinions about changing "old" procedures to maximize efficiency. Train yourself and subordinates with current management techniques while cultivating/promoting continuous improvement. Reward those that follow along and get rid of those who don't.

"Enjoyed working with the company."

Former Employee - Materials Manager in Deland, FL
    Former Employee - Materials Manager in Deland, FL

I worked at Country Pure Foods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits, steady work load

Cons

Poor wages, poor wage increases, excepted overtime through holidays

Advice to Management

Increase the wages and more employees would consider staying for a longer period.

"Corporate Culture with Little Tolerance for Change"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Pros

-Great People
    -Pays above the industry Average
    -Understanding and flexible with personal life
    -Job security due to the industry
    -Access to senior management

Cons

The most frustrating thing about Country Pure Foods is the lack of research and business plans. When it comes to new products, we just go with whatever idea a sales manager comes up with for their region-- without doing any research on the benefit to the company and if it will sell in other markets.

Also, there is little room for growth and promotion. Most likely, you will stay in the position you are in for your entire career at Country Pure Foods.

The company does not respond well to new ideas and changing technologies. Also, the sales staff, while experience, is older and does not have any insight on new ways of selling.

Advice to Management

Start giving credit where credit is due. "Lower level" employees are doing work, and their managers are passing it off as their own. This creates little incentive for employees to do better work.

"QA"

I have been working at Country Pure Foods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, good benefits, some good people work here

Cons

Everything else. Horrible work-life balance.

Advice to Management

Take better care of your people, fix equipment, organize production better (there's no reason for this to be a 24/7 operation)

"Ridiculous"

I have been working at Country Pure Foods full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Laughing all the way to the bank due to working 7 days a week for at least the next 6 month. Other than that nothing comes to mind.

Cons

Working 7 days a week for at least next 6 months, maintenance isn't given adequate time to perform much needed PMs on machines resulting in excessive down time on machines. Management could care less, supervisors don't hesitate to throw other supervisors or employees under the bus. I've heard "I'm not racist but..." on a couple of occasions which actually means I like to base opinions on racial stereotypes which = racist..there's much more but it makes no difference I don't see any type of change happening there...ever

Advice to Management

They won't listen to advice, that's part of the problem