County of Churchill, NV Reviews

Updated Nov 22, 2017

3.6
County of Churchill, NV County Manager Jim Barbee (no image)
Jim Barbee
0 Rating
  1. "Collegial"

5.0

I worked at County of Churchill, NV for more than a year

Pros

The employer is collegial and supportive and the hours are great. The job also provides excellent opportunities to gain substantial experience from day one.

Cons

I really must strain to find any cons. The only thing that I can say is that the insurance is rather expensive.

Continue reading

County of Churchill, NV Response

September 5, 2019Human Resources Director

We agree that our dependent health insurance rates are not as low as anyone would like. Part of that is a function of the level of benefits the county provides and part of that is based on our demographics and claims history. We do pay 100% of the employee premiums. And, despite our high rates, retirees often opt to stay with our insurance when they retire (even though they must pay 100%) because of the great level of benefits that they cannot find anywhere else for the price. We continue to look at ways to reduce premiums, but we do not want to severely impact the benefit level.

2. "Seems great but not really"

2.0

I worked at County of Churchill, NV full-time

Pros

Some awesome people in other departments!

Cons

Small town types with no personality, low pay, benefits seem good until you realize how much they cost. Managers who think they rule the world. Absolute bureaucracy!

County of Churchill, NV Response

September 5, 2019Human Resources Director

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry your experience with us within the department for which you worked was not a positive one for you. Many of our employees work for us for many years because they love influencing and helping their local community, and they enjoy the pay and benefits and job stability Churchill County offers. Many of our managers are open-minded, collaborative, and employee-centric, trying to offer work-life balance when they can. We will continue to encourage all our managers to work cooperatively with their employees.

3. "Great employer in the area"

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fallon, NV

I have been working at County of Churchill, NV full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

You have the opportunity to have an impact on the community. Generous vacation and sick leave benefits. Well-paying job for this rural community. 100% employer-paid retirement - a great opportunity for a long-term career. 100% employer-paid premiums for employee-only insurance.

Cons

Limited opportunities for upward mobility because people do not leave very often. Each employee's work environment and culture differs based on the department you work in - sometimes work is done in "silos" because of the diversity of goals from one department to the next.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 3 reviews