Coupa Software Inc Employee Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Coupa Software Inc CEO Rob Bernshteyn
Rob Bernshteyn

Pros
  • Focus on customer success - GREAT product (in 20 reviews)

• Great work life balance especially in the engineering organization (I've seen 20 years of silicon valley work at 1/2 dozen startups) (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance can be a struggle at times (in 7 reviews)

• sometimes experiencing some growing pains (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great growing company, strong leadership, profound commitment and lovely people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unbelievable technology. Future proof in building, organically across the entire full suite. Inspiring culture. Everyone here is running a million miles an hour for the same purpose..success.
    Extremely smart people on the product teams
    Great client roster and references
    Great CEO who understands the space and can clearly communicate the vision
    Coupa focuses on giving teams at all levels the opportunity to take risks, explore new ideas and to take the initiative to shape our own destinies and be successful.

Cons

If you seek an environment to build a personal empire and play politics with other functions and colleagues, Coupa is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Let's not let our great success and future goals get to our heads. Stay humble- and listen to your people (your teams, and your incumbent customers alike).

Sep 26, 2016 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition and Enablement

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We’re all definitely working hard and smart to ensure success with customers, employees, and partners! When they’re all successful, so is Coupa!

2. "Couldn't get much better!"

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc full-time

Pros

People are great, platform is great and if you perform you have the opportunity for advancement either vertically or horizontally into a new role. Solid exec staff that is assertive but not arrogant, all while being humble. They have managed to keep the culture amazing even though growth has been rapid.

If you have a chance to work here do not pass it up, on top of everything the platform/service is something every company in the world needs and drives a real, believable ROI...as long as we continue to execute he sky is the limit.

Cons

No cons, just continue to monitor culture as we grow, done a great job so far!

"Great company"

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc full-time

Pros

Great work life balance, great opportunities to learn.

Cons

Opportunities for advancement lack. Could be more defined

Feb 6, 2017 – EVP People

Thanks for taking the time to write your review!

"Bridled by process, and inter-departmental politics."

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive
    Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic product, fantastic benefits, cutting edge leader within the industry. It's possibly the best product I've had the privilege to sell in my career to date.

Cons

Remote employees are disconnected from the mothership. Sales ops is a joke, takes days to receive approval on a quote for your customer/prospect even if there's no discount requiring approval.

Unfortunately, Coupa is a small company pretending to be a large one. They've riddled themselves with process, workflow and approval, and the basics of sales is difficult to accomplish.

Micro Management within sales is an ongoing issue. High turnover here, not because the product doesn't work or sell, it's because leadership wants to be involved in EVERY deal, and often muddies up the sales process.

Advice to Management

Leadership should be here to support their teams. Provide support when asked to, and remove hurdles within the process when brought to your attention. Right now, leadership is creating hurdles and more process, making it difficult to provide what our customers and prospects expect from us.

Jan 5, 2017 – EVP People

Thank you for your feedback. We agree with you that we have a fantastic product and benefits! There are inevitable growing pains when a smaller company is scaling at the rate which we currently are ... More

"Sales"

Pros

Great people, Great environment, awesome perks (FULLY stocked fridge).

Cons

Unless you live in San Mateo, Commute is kind of a pain. They do have a Caltrain shuttle, though, so they are public transport accessible.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Jan 5, 2017 – EVP People

Thanks for your review!

"Coupa Review"

Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer
    Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer

I worked at Coupa Software Inc (Less than a year)

Pros

Great compensation and company provides all kinds of food and even caters lunch once a week.

Cons

Employees can lose sight of just how beneficial the product is because as support, only the negative feedback is received.

Nov 29, 2016 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition and Enablement

Thanks for your feedback. You’ve brought up an interesting point in your “Cons” section that will be brought to the attention of the Technical Support leadership team. We are a leader in the spend ... More

"Management"

Current Employee - Director of Product Management in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Product Management in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc full-time

Pros

Destined for greatness. Incredible company.

Cons

Keep focused on the values and the vision.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

Nov 7, 2016 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition and Enablement

Thanks for your feedback! We appreciate it and will relay the compliment to our management team.

"Good company, not loyal to those who've been there"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Coupa Software Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits; Unlimited PTO for Salary, Great medical for individuals!

Cons

Management a bit full of themselves. If a person is moved into the incorrect role, little vision is seen where they can be better utilized and are instead just let go. No loyalty to long standing employees (2 plus years at Coupa is very much veteran status).

Advice to Management

Make sure you keep aware of areas that need good people and don't just remove those who are productive and useful just because you put them in the wrong position.

Nov 9, 2016 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition and Enablement

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. At Coupa, we encourage our employees to be open and express themselves. In fact, we think of our company as a platform for one’s self-expression ... More

"Working in Coupa"

Former Employee - Operations in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Operations in San Jose, CA

I worked at Coupa Software Inc (More than a year)

Pros

Very bright, hardworking and thoughtful people. There is a lot of free food (with a fair amount of junk food). The benefits are good.

Cons

The vacation is intentionally marketed by the Company as unlimited so that on being fired people, do not get pay for vacation that has not been taken. The work pressure is such that people do not often avail of enough - leave alone a lot of vacation.

Staff are forced to be available round the clock - you are rarely 'really' off. The pace of work that is unsustainable, people are burned and thrown out after they are ground down or if they are not in managements good books. The inverted pyramid shown in all hands, which supposedly represents the company, is a very funny lie only believed in by management. I have talked to people who also think its a ridiculous overworked joke.

Nov 29, 2016 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition and Enablement

Thank you for writing this review after your time at Coupa. We recognize and truly appreciate the valiant efforts of our employees and their relentless focus on Ensuring Customer Success. It's ... More

"Fantastic environment with lots of positivity"

Current Employee - Product Manager
    Current Employee - Product Manager

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The communication within the company is outstanding, and people trust the individuals they work with, regardless of team or title. It's an environment where if you have a question or comment, someone will listen and help guide you in the right decision. The company doesn't force their product on to their clients, but rather have created a product that truly is the best solution and clients have great - this makes it easy to have a winning culture.

Cons

Coupa is a growing international company, where people are based in multiple cities throughout the US and world. Although communication is good for the most part, it's generally easier to be in the same place. There are tons of projects happening at once, so you'll need to take the extra steps to ensure you know the full scope of what you're working on, otherwise it may cause issues.

Oct 18, 2016 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition and Enablement

Thanks for your feedback! At Coupa, we promote companywide communication to keep everything transparent because communication is the key to our success! Keep taking extra steps or asking questions to ... More