Coupa Software Inc Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Coupa Software Inc CEO Rob Bernshteyn
Rob Bernshteyn

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great Work life balance with Flexible Timings (in 16 reviews)

• Great Culture focused on customer success (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • normal growing pains of any newly IPO'd company (in 12 reviews)

• No Cons, working with great team (in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Couldn't get much better!"

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc full-time

Pros

People are great, platform is great and if you perform you have the opportunity for advancement either vertically or horizontally into a new role. Solid exec staff that is assertive but not arrogant, all while being humble. They have managed to keep the culture amazing even though growth has been rapid.

If you have a chance to work here do not pass it up, on top of everything the platform/service is something every company in the world needs and drives a real, believable ROI...as long as we continue to execute he sky is the limit.

Cons

No cons, just continue to monitor culture as we grow, done a great job so far!

Apr 3, 2017 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition and Enablement

Really appreciate your recognition of how we’re staying true to our culture, even through the rapid growth. Thanks for writing your review!

2. "Implementations Manager"

Current Employee - Implementation Manager in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Implementation Manager in Reno, NV

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent benefits, great work culture, room to grow

Cons

None at this time or after

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing because it's the best company I've been a part of.

Oct 12, 2017 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition and Enablement

We're proud you feel Coupa is the best company you've been a part of! Thanks for taking the time to write this review.

"Small-business feel in a big-business environment"

Current Employee - Engagement Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Engagement Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Despite the fact that we're a 700+ employee, global organization and growing, the keys leaders of the company are dedicated to keeping the 'small town' feel to Coupa. Although our teams are spread across the country (and sometimes the world), we still feel like a cohesive unit working towards the same company goals and vision. That's a rare find, even in small business today. And while Coupa compensates their employees wonderfully, the expectation to give of your entire self to your job is not present - work/life balance is encouraged and sometimes enforced. Coupa is also about community - we do a lot as an organization to support those in need and be active in our local communities . Volunteer work is encouraged and embraced!

Cons

Process and leadership alignment are probably our two Achilles heels. We could be thriving even more as a rapidly growing company if the right processes were in place to allow us to execute consistently and seamlessly. More importantly, those processes need to be adopted across the management level and directed in a consistent manner just the same.

Advice to Management

Let's get aligned on our processes and drive them just the same.

Sep 14, 2017 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition and Enablement

Thanks for taking the time to write your review and recognizing our strengths across the company. I encourage you to bring your ideas for process improvement to your manager, we're always open to new... More

4. "Great benefits/awesome culture - completely overworked"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Reno, NV

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture of Coupa is fantastic. The people I work with are amazing. The office is a great we environment. Catered lunches twice a week. Immediate health care. Huge opportunities to advance

Cons

We were told when we came on board that we were expected to resolve a certain number of cases per week. We are usually resolving at least 2 times as many.

While the product is solid,being in support we only every see the bad side. I've heard rumors of happy Coupa Customers, but I haven't met any

While the benefits are great, compensation is about 10-15 percent less than we should be getting.

Being a satellite office AND support we are definitely second class citizens compared to other positions and locations

Advice to Management

Hire more people
    Don't forget us

Oct 3, 2017 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition and Enablement

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We are hiring to reinforce all departments as we grow and I will bring your comments to the attention of management in Support!

"A perfect fit!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Coupa Village is a real thing! The company culture here at Coupa is what I have been looking for most of my career. Despite being a remote employee, I still feel so connected, supported, enabled and appreciated. There is a true desire to help each other be successful. Authenticity is usually the word I use when I talk about my company to family and friends. There are some incredibly talented people here to learn from and a lot of people eager to listen and learn. Couldn't be happier.

Cons

No one is perfect, Coupa included. We are still a younger company, we still have some lessons to learn. Internal process has its wrinkles, but the key difference here is that there is always an open-mindedness to work out issues as a team.

Advice to Management

We could benefit from better sales tools for quoting and contracts with customers.

Sep 6, 2017 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition and Enablement

Thanks for sharing your feedback! I’m happy to see that our remote employees feel fully engaged and supported by the Coupa Village as we’re growing across the world. If you feel that this ever... More

6. "Exceptional culture due to outstanding leadership"

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc full-time

Pros

Coupa is a great group of driven employees who care deeply about driving customer success. The leadership team is very focused and truly live the company core values. Great work/life balance and really fun team!

Cons

Takes time to get to know everyone because there are a lot of remote employees around the world

Aug 23, 2017 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition and Enablement

Thanks for your review! Our core values hold us accountable as a company to what we've promised our customers. It's great to hear your recognition of our leadership team staying true to our values!... More

"Still new but good energy here"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A truly collaborative environment compared to previous organizations that I have worked at. As an account executive, there is great opportunity. While there are signs of growing pains Coupa is a great place to work.

Cons

With all the growth, hiring for some key support roles in the sales team are lagging behind.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great communication channels and take us from Good to Great.

Sep 6, 2017 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition and Enablement

Thanks for your review. We’re constantly searching for top talent to join our organization and we’re on track to get you the support that you need. Thanks for your patience!

"Coupa Software, Reno. Support."

Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Reno, NV

I worked at Coupa Software Inc full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They pay more than average for Reno tech companies. They also have better benefits package than most Reno tech companies.

Cons

Incompetent management. That is the core problem. The Reno office is run so poorly that you will regret working here.

Advice to Management

Find a company that values incompetent leadership, like a call center. You will fit in better.

Oct 3, 2017 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition and Enablement

Thanks for writing your review after your time here at Coupa, we wish you the best in your next endeavor.

9. "Great company, culture, and vision"

Current Employee - Support Engineer in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Support Engineer in Reno, NV

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cross functional projects and collaboration are encouraged and unhindered at all levels and the transparency from the top down really helps each employee feel important to the overall company success

Cons

A few growing pains in process and scale for some areas but overall a minor issue at most as these are addressed very quickly

Aug 15, 2017 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition and Enablement

Thanks for your review!

10. "Training Operations Coordinator"

Former Employee - Training Operations Coordinator in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Training Operations Coordinator in Oakland, CA

I worked at Coupa Software Inc full-time

Pros

Great company, Lots of activity

Cons

Minimal feedback before taking action

Advice to Management

Give employees just a few more chance before cutting them off

Sep 6, 2017 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition and Enablement

Thanks for your review! We will share your comments to ensure management is giving constant and constructive feedback to their teams.