Coupa Software Inc Employee Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Coupa Software Inc CEO Rob Bernshteyn
Rob Bernshteyn

Pros
  • Focus on customer success - GREAT product (in 20 reviews)

• Great work life balance especially in the engineering organization (I've seen 20 years of silicon valley work at 1/2 dozen startups) (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance can be a struggle at times (in 7 reviews)

• sometimes experiencing some growing pains (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great growing company, strong leadership, profound commitment and lovely people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unbelievable technology. Future proof in building, organically across the entire full suite. Inspiring culture. Everyone here is running a million miles an hour for the same purpose..success.
    Extremely smart people on the product teams
    Great client roster and references
    Great CEO who understands the space and can clearly communicate the vision
    Coupa focuses on giving teams at all levels the opportunity to take risks, explore new ideas and to take the initiative to shape our own destinies and be successful.

Cons

If you seek an environment to build a personal empire and play politics with other functions and colleagues, Coupa is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Let's not let our great success and future goals get to our heads. Stay humble- and listen to your people (your teams, and your incumbent customers alike).

Sep 26, 2016 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition and Enablement

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We’re all definitely working hard and smart to ensure success with customers, employees, and partners! When they’re all successful, so is Coupa!

2. "Director Business Strategy"

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

small agile organisation and industry leading platform

Cons

normal growing pains of any newly IPO'd company

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on the culture

"Great company"

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc full-time

Pros

Great work life balance, great opportunities to learn.

Cons

Opportunities for advancement lack. Could be more defined

Feb 6, 2017 – EVP People

Thanks for taking the time to write your review!

5. "Great culture"

Current Employee - Vice President Professional Services in Reading, England (UK)

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture
    Freedom to do a great job
    Focus on customer and value

Cons

No office in UK so work at home a lot of the time
    Company in growth mode so some challenges in processes

Jan 27, 2017 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition and Enablement

Thanks for writing this review! “Freedom to do a great job” is a very strong and true statement!

"Breath of fresh air"

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere, everyone engaged and eager to help one another. The culture is really a nice change to the old plodding along and not considering others approach. Definitely feels like a close team, a family.

Cons

Work very hard, and need to manage the work/life balance to get it right.

Jan 27, 2017 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition and Enablement

Thanks for your review! We’re proud of our collaborative culture here at Coupa!

7. "Customer Success Manager"

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Initiative, dynamic and fast paced cutting edge leader in the industry with high focus on customer success. Amazing, smart and dedicated people with a solid & inspiring leadership from the CEO. Great platform for opportunities, to explore new ideas and enhance your skills across the board whist working with fantastic people!

Cons

Coupa is growing at a huge and exciting rate but sometimes this can lead to a dis-connect between head quarters in the US and those who work remotely across the world. Communication is generally good and pro-active but sometimes change happens so quickly that it can sometimes get lost in the multiple different channels, info or process/documentation points. Process/Approval documentation is one of the best I've seen yet and growing but still room for improvement.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep the US and regions linked and aligned. Ensure a more focused and collaborative on-boarding process, specific to EMEA overall also and not just predominantly Sales and the US.

Feb 6, 2017 – EVP People

Thanks for writing this review! As Coupa grows quickly across the world, we’re simultaneously working to refine our processes around onboarding for both US and International employees. We’re ... More

"Working for Coupa in EMEA"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in London, England (UK)

Pros

- Strong focus on teamwork
    - Coupa culture is at the top of everyone's agenda - feels like you are part of a close knit team
    - Everyone strives to keep ensure our customers are successful and can save $$$s
    - Exciting cloud platform that allows us to approach IT is new and ground breaking ways
    - People are respected and can thrive

Cons

- Can be hard work work to deadlines and pushing customers forward
    - US company that is growing into Europe has some pain, but the US is listening and turning things around
    - Remote working can be a challenge

Advice to Management

Culture isn't just "Coupa Culture" - US Management needs to understand local and country specific cultures need to be considered. US, French, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese, British, German, etc - we are all different and approach issues differently and do not like to be told to do things the US way!

Jan 27, 2017 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition and Enablement

Thanks for taking the time to write your review, we really appreciate it! Our Coupa Culture is very unique. We have an open and collaborative environment to support everyone in working at their ... More

"Moving Unsurpassed from Strength to Strength"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Tremendous work experience. Rapid growth and pure innovation exposues you to exciting and visible changes on a regular basis. While the work will often push you out of your comfort zone (which I regard as a positive), you really feel that you are leading in defining and extending the boundaries of a market. It feels purposeful.

Cons

You need to be able to work independently and you need to be a great communicator. This job is not for everyone, particularly those that want to hang back and 'coast' in a comfortable role without being stretched.

Advice to Management

Don't take your eye off the ball and get caught up in what the competition is doing - keep taking the high road and lead by example.

Jan 27, 2017 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition and Enablement

Thanks for your feedback! You’re right that Coupa employees need to be great communicators. Communication is the key to our success!

10. "Great Environment"

Pros

Great place to work, excellent people and atmosphere. Everyone is willing to help and listening to new ideas. A respectful environment with a change to train, learn and opportunities to progress professionally

Cons

The Career program is not clear

Jan 27, 2017 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition and Enablement

Thank you for your review! As you know, Coupa is growing fast with new hires but also with internal promotions for those who have earned them. Please have a conversation with your manager if you’re ... More

"Coupa Software"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Smart Interested People. Nice Environment. Great Benefits. Approachable management. Everyone gets involved and does their best. Everyone facing the same way, which means less conflict by personality, only healthy discussion on what is the right thing to do. Everyone can be heard if they want too. Provided with the tools and opportunities to succeed and make changes where needed. Very few Ego's.

Cons

Sometimes a struggle getting the balance between doing things correctly and doing them fast. Some minor challenges around growing fast and not knowing who should own what. Work/Life balance can be a struggle at times.

Advice to Management

Don't lose the culture within the growth.

Jan 27, 2017 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition and Enablement

Thank you for writing your review on Coupa! If you’re feeling like your work and personal life balance is not where you need it to be, please speak to your manager and use your PTO! We have a very ... More