Cover image for Coupa Software Inc

Technical Account Manager

70 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great culture and solutions that create real sustainable measurable business value for large and small companies(in 101 reviews)
  • "The people here are great to work with and have the same goal of contributing to Coupa's success.(in 75 reviews)
  • "Good benefits but not a lot else!(in 43 reviews)
  • "Company is true to it's three core values !(in 33 reviews)
  • "Great work life balance especially in the engineering organization (I've seen 20 years of silicon valley work at 1/2 dozen startups).(in 27 reviews)
Cons
  • "No training provided, tasks are assigned and they want employee to complete with 100% accuracy(in 8 reviews)
  • "People work hard and long hours here, and if you don't manage your work/life balance, no one will.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Health care is extremely expensive, the PTO is down right offensive. 2 weeks(10) days for the first 5 years AND it takes 6 months to be able to use any.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Coupa Software Inc and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Great Company

Nov 9, 2022 - Account Development Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Coupa is a great company with a helpful management team and a competitive but friendly ADR team

Cons

Coupa can allow for more mobility within the role

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company Culture

Nov 14, 2022 - Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work. One of the best company culture's I've ever seen. Everyone helpful and wants you to succeed.

Cons

Professional development is a challenge.

3. Join the Coupa Software Inc team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Be Wary of Internal Politics and Ageism

Nov 24, 2022 - Advanced Support Engineer in Reno, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

The best thing about Coupa is the team of people you work with. The company really endeavors to find some of the best and brightest. There are always projects and new initiatives coming about and the company does strive to innovate in their market sector. The company is a great place to work, just not in the support organization.

Cons

As much as the CEO would like to say this is a bottom up architecture of being supported by your managers, in the support organization it is anything but that. Promotions, Raises, anything that would benefit the actual worker (outside of Restricted Stock Units the worker cannot touch until vested) are locked behind the mentality of give nobody nothing so everyone gets nothing. My team had been overlooked when structural raises were given to the teams around us and below us. Some of the pay differences were of 5-10k per year for those who were several levels down and way less experienced. When the team pushed to fix it after 6 months there was still no resolution and we were told deal with it or find something new. Which some of us have. Managers who have been with the company longer than 2 years are very set in their ways and adhere to the old world style of management, along with the inherent bias that comes with being in an industry for such a long time. Managers will often look at external factors (like if you are several years younger than them) and make performance and training decisions based off of the fact they as the "older" generation owe you to teach you. (Yes this was a direct quote) Management also has a problem of letting issues fester and not address them immediately until its review season.

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company with amazing benefits.

Nov 9, 2022 - Technical Support Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Constant learning opportunities with lots of upward mobility. Great benefits and starting salary.

Cons

Work load can get heavy sometimes.

6. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Frustrating place to work

Nov 15, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Flexible work environment. Decent work-life balance in my experience, but is highly depending on your team, department, and manager. -Great place to get a lot of industry experience very quickly, though you’ll need to be able to hit the ground running. There are some opportunities for you to have a significant impact on the organization’s growth in creation of policies, procedures, and systems, but you’ll need to identify and own them.

Cons

-Very political organization. So many hoops to jump through to do very basic things for a company of this size. A lot of arrogance within upper management and people who have been with Coupa a long time. Decisions are frequently driven by the feelings and opinions of upper management, counter to researched input from many experienced individual contributors. Poor communication across the entire organization. Part of this may be due to disorganized internal communication channels, also because there are so many layers of management between individual contributors and people who are authorized to make decisions. -Compensation is not competitive with the market. I suspect it may be better depending on what department you’re in, based on trends from other reviewers. Coupa considers equity to be a significant part of total compensation (i.e. lower than average base pay + RSUs), however with the market being as turbulent as it currently is, you can miss out on a significant portion of your pay and end up significantly under-compensated by factors completely outside of your control. -Acquisitions are disorganized and disruptive. If you are acquired and not immediately laid off, the organization seemingly has little to no interest in retaining you long-term. Internal systems are immediately ripped out without careful consideration, and teams are expected to immediately adapt to the “Coupa way” of doing things. Incredibly disheartening to see teammates laid off, then jobs posted with their exact job description a month later. -Coupa's values are great in theory, but are practiced selectively. The "inverted org-chart" is meaningless, since individuals are not empowered to do much of anything on their own.

5 people found this review helpful

Coupa Software Inc Response

Chief People Officer November 2022 We value your feedback, and we are listening. Scaling a company is challenging but can only be achieved by providing our new and existing employees with growth opportunities and gaining industry experience. We see our inverted leadership structure as an opportunity to cultivate innovation and empower decision-making at all levels. We continue to initiate new programs within our company and managerial staff to disseminate Coupa's culture of fostering an open and action-oriented environment, intending to balance the needs and wants of our employees. At Coupa, we care about our employees' success. Please express your challenges with your supporting manager and escalate them to your leadership team, as appropriate. I'm also available to speak with you 1:1.

7. 5.0

Great place to work

Oct 24, 2022 - Sotfware Engineer in Pittsburgh, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, great benefits, good people.

Cons

Lots of work with fewer people

8. 4.0

Decent First Company with an Inclusive Work Environment

Nov 7, 2022 - Technical Support Engineer in Reno, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Friendly Staff - Good Benefits - The work environment is sometimes fast-paced (but there are always people to help)

Cons

- There are ever-changing documents for learning Coupa (or other applications associated with Coupa) that aren't always kept up-to-date - Onboarding was a little bloated and there wasn't much for my particular position to gain from this process

9. 5.0

Great Culture

Oct 24, 2022 - Associate UX Designer in San Mateo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, a joy to collaborate with different teams

Cons

Research department is currently building

10. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Benefits and Compensation

Nov 1, 2022 - Senior Account Executive in America, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Spend Platform is Outstanding, Comp. and Benefits are world class

Cons

Unreasonable expectations & Sales leadership wound a bit to tight?

11. 3.0

Many changed

Oct 26, 2022 - Manager, Client Services in Pittsburgh, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great career growth for hard work.

Cons

Company is growing really fast.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 833 Reviews
</>Embed

Coupa Software Inc Reviews FAQs

Coupa Software Inc has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 897 reviews left anonymously by employees. 79% of employees would recommend working at Coupa Software Inc to a friend and 80% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Coupa Software Inc employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Coupa Software Inc. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

79% of Coupa Software Inc employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Coupa Software Inc 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Coupa Software Inc to be benefits, senior leadership, career development and the cons to be work life balance, compensation.

Popular Careers with Coupa Software Inc Job Seekers