Cover image for Coupa Software Inc
Logo

Add a Review

Coupa Software Inc Employee Reviews about "company is growing"

Updated Oct 18, 2021

77 Comments

Tech

580.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Coupa Software Inc~217718
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Coupa Software Inc? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Coupa Software Inc employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great culture and solutions that create real sustainable measurable business value for large and small companies(in 103 reviews)
  • "The people here are great to work with and have the same goal of contributing to Coupa's success.(in 80 reviews)
  • "Good benefits but not a lot else!(in 40 reviews)
  • "Company is true to it's three core values !(in 33 reviews)
  • "Such a great team to work with; such a great company to work for!(in 28 reviews)
Cons
  • "No training provided, tasks are assigned and they want employee to complete with 100% accuracy(in 7 reviews)
  • "The current office space is getting a little cramped but looks like they are moving to a newer and bigger office sometime mid(in 5 reviews)
  • "Health care is extremely expensive, the PTO is down right offensive. 2 weeks(10) days for the first 5 years AND it takes 6 months to be able to use any.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Coupa Software Inc and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "company is growing"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Coupa Review

Nov 21, 2016 - Technical Support Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great compensation and company provides all kinds of food and even caters lunch once a week.

Cons

Employees can lose sight of just how beneficial the product is because as support, only the negative feedback is received.

8 people found this review helpful

Head of Global Talent Acquisition and Enablement

Thanks for your feedback. You’ve brought up an interesting point in your “Cons” section that will be brought to the attention of the Technical Support leadership team. We are a leader in the spend management space because we create measurable value for our customers on a unified platform that is being adopted by all. We definitely want our employees to be able to remember why we’re winning this market.

2. 5.0

How it's supposed to be

Feb 10, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I joined Coupa roughly six months ago and it's been a breath of fresh air. The CEOs emphasis on hiring top talent and executing upon the core values of the company really shine through. It's an exciting and challenging environment to work in and I'm looking forward to growing with the company.

Cons

No cons. Be prepared to work hard and understand that your growing a business not supporting something that has been built before.

9 people found this review helpful

Head of Global Talent Acquisition and Enablement

Thanks for your feedback, we will continue to hire motivated professionals!

3. Join the Coupa Software Inc team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 2.0
    Current Employee

This once was a great place to work.

Jun 20, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The executive leadership here is solid and it shows. Rob is a visionary CEO and I'm grateful for where he has taken the company. - Our benefits package is the best I've seen

Cons

- People work hard and long hours here, and if you don't manage your work/life balance, no one will. Expect to receive calls during your vacation as well. - Depending who your supporting manager is, be prepared to be on your own. This includes lack of career guidance and advancements as well. - Rapidly acquiring companies creates dysfunctional teams and lack of cohesion across the organization. - Many great talent have left and either continue to leave or are considering doing so. - Because of misalignment in priorities across departments, lack of capacity and heavy processes, it may take years for your projects or ideas to be available to customers. - Base salary below industry standards.

9 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Review of Coupa

Feb 8, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great growth company and focus on customer success. Excellent products and extreme focus on innovation. Senior Management is very strong and great visionaries. Very transparent company to their employees and commitment to the development of everyone's career. Mature processes in place to drive success for the company.

Cons

The company is growing very quickly so it will be important to make sure people are in the right roles that can add the most benefit to the customers, the company and to their own career.

1 person found this review helpful

Head of Global Talent Acquisition and Enablement

Thank you for your review, we’ve had the same 3 core values since the beginning so we will be sure to stay true to them!

6. 5.0

Promises Delivered

Jul 5, 2022 - Sr. Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Senior Management and Products. Market is very accepting to corporate message and I find it easy to find new opportunities. Support system is exceptional. Great corporate culture and community. Company is growing and opportunities for upward mobility are plentiful

Cons

Some growing pains with high growth. Management is not seasoned in some cases.

Coupa Software Inc Response

Chief People Officer August 2022 Thank you for your review. We believe listening to our team members enables us to challenge ourselves and grow as an organization. Keep the feedback coming.

7. 5.0

Great Company, Technology, and Culture

Jun 13, 2022 - Regional Vice President of Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Coupa has industry-leading technology delivering tremendous value to all customers with 100% satisfaction. I have never seen so many referenceable customers. The company culture is amazing with every decision being made in the context of their 3 core values - Ensuring Customer Success, Focusing on Results, and Striving for Excellence.

Cons

Before joining Coupa, I was very aware of their brand and the service they deliver. As the leader in all industry analysts' rankings, I am surprised that we do not have more brand awareness in the market.

Coupa Software Inc Response

Chief People Officer June 16, 2022 Thank you for your review, and glad you are enjoying Coupa Life. Regarding brand awareness, that is something we are driving towards, and we will count on you and fellow Coupians to continue to share your work experiences as well as customer experiences.

8. 5.0

Incredible career platform

Aug 18, 2020 - Senior Director in San Mateo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The management team has a clear vision and knows how to lead the company to execute on it. There is a huge market opportunity and the action-oriented culture of the company will make sure it's fully realized. The Coupa brand has all the hallmarks of a fast-growth SaaS company and it is supported by an internal bias for action. More importantly, human-first values are a prominent and ongoing part of the company dialogue and management has made it clear that they are looking to create a sense of pride, community and inclusion.

Cons

As with any high growth company, things move quickly. There is a lot of support for maintaining a work-life balance (especially when family needs arise) but also a strong culture of accountability that can get intense at times.

2 people found this review helpful

Chief People Officer

Thank you for posting a review!

9. 5.0

I am working with Coupa since from Nov-2019

Mar 10, 2020 - Data Management Specialist in Pune
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Lot of opportunities to learn -I liked the structure where leadership is always there to support -Everyone is empowered and respected -Management is always ready for feedback and implement your ideas in terms of your and company growth -Great people, great culture and work life balance. A great company to work, here you feel motivated, energized and appreciated for your hard work.

Cons

I have almost 12 years of experience and this is the first company where I don't find any cons.

VP, Talent

Thank you for your review! We are glad you are part of the team and we're so fortunate to be surrounded by like-minded individuals who strive for excellence on a daily basis.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Sr. Presales Consultant

Jun 8, 2015 - Senior Solutions Engineer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Coupa is a disruptive technology and Sr. management seems to be steering the company very well. Growth has been unbelievable, and yet, existing customers do not feel lost.

Cons

Growth can be difficult for employees who have been here a long time, since growth requires change.

1 person found this review helpful
  11. 5.0

Coupa Software

Dec 18, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I'm blown away by Coupa since joining the company. Fantastic teams that are always willing to help and they really live the core company values. Management have a great leadership style where they trust you to get the work done, provide support when you ask for it and give you more flexibility than I've seen in any other company I've worked in. This really makes you appreciate your place and instills an even stronger work ethic in you as you want to give back as much they're giving you. You'll never be bored in Coupa as there's so much to do and learn as the company expands and they acquire companies.

Cons

Like two sides to every coin, you could see cons in the Pros I provided above if you're suited to a different style of working. You won't be spoon fed here, you have to take initiative, ask for help, study a lot and put the hours in to get up to speed. So unless you're this type of person, it won't suit you. If you are, you'll be highly rewarded. Also, as the company is scaling rapidly, you experience the normal growing pains so you have to be comfortable working in this type of environment.

4 people found this review helpful

VP, Talent

Thank you so much for review!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 153 Reviews