Cover image for Coupa Software Inc
Logo

Add a Review

Coupa Software Inc Employee Reviews about "customer success"

Updated Jun 25, 2021

77 Comments

Tech

580.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Coupa Software Inc~217718
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Coupa Software Inc? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Coupa Software Inc employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great culture and solutions that create real sustainable measurable business value for large and small companies(in 103 reviews)
  • "The people here are great to work with and have the same goal of contributing to Coupa's success.(in 80 reviews)
  • "Good benefits but not a lot else!(in 40 reviews)
  • "Company is true to it's three core values !(in 33 reviews)
  • "Such a great team to work with; such a great company to work for!(in 28 reviews)
Cons
  • "No training provided, tasks are assigned and they want employee to complete with 100% accuracy(in 7 reviews)
  • "The current office space is getting a little cramped but looks like they are moving to a newer and bigger office sometime mid(in 5 reviews)
  • "Health care is extremely expensive, the PTO is down right offensive. 2 weeks(10) days for the first 5 years AND it takes 6 months to be able to use any.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Coupa Software Inc and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "customer success"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

Incredible team and technology

May 6, 2022 - Senior Account Executive in Missoula, MT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cohesive, supportive and inclusive environment/leadership style. Genuine commitment to innovation and customer success. Love the team and strategic growth mindset.

Cons

Can’t think of any at the moment!

Chief People Officer

Thank you for posting a review!

2. 2.0
    Former Employee

Great CEO and CTO...Sales leadership lacks emotional intelligence

Sep 13, 2013 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

CEO has put the company on the right course. However, a bad sales culture can kill any organization.

Cons

Sales leadership is out of alignment with the rest of the companies focus on customer success. Very ego driven management style that is intent on publically humiliating people. They will say anything in the interview but treat you like a marine recruit the moment you get off the bus. Use LinkedIn and backchannel with people who have recently left the company. If Coupa submitted themselves to a benchmarking service their attrition rate would be the highest of any company in any industry for the past 20 years. They have too many smart people to be that bad at hiring. Something else must be going on.

8 people found this review helpful
  3. Join the Coupa Software Inc team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Review of Coupa

Feb 8, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great growth company and focus on customer success. Excellent products and extreme focus on innovation. Senior Management is very strong and great visionaries. Very transparent company to their employees and commitment to the development of everyone's career. Mature processes in place to drive success for the company.

Cons

The company is growing very quickly so it will be important to make sure people are in the right roles that can add the most benefit to the customers, the company and to their own career.

1 person found this review helpful

Head of Global Talent Acquisition and Enablement

Thank you for your review, we’ve had the same 3 core values since the beginning so we will be sure to stay true to them!

5. 5.0

Great Company

Aug 15, 2019 - Software Engineer in San Mateo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great collaboration when it comes to work Successful attitudes Ensure customer success Great culture

Cons

Can become fast paced at times

VP, Talent

Thanks for your feedback.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Exceptional culture due to outstanding leadership

Aug 21, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Coupa is a great group of driven employees who care deeply about driving customer success. The leadership team is very focused and truly live the company core values. Great work/life balance and really fun team!

Cons

Takes time to get to know everyone because there are a lot of remote employees around the world

Head of Global Talent Acquisition and Enablement

Thanks for your review! Our core values hold us accountable as a company to what we've promised our customers. It's great to hear your recognition of our leadership team staying true to our values!

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Proud to be part of such a amazing company- Coupa!

Dec 27, 2021 - Senior Enterprise ADR in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very proud to be part of such an amazing Team. Coupa truly aligned with our values, Ensure Customer Success, Focus on results and Strive for excellence. Management team very approachable and really cares about Employee Development and customer success keeping a life balance for #Allofus. Amazing culture Coupa Village!

Cons

No Cons at this moment. I would really have the opportunity to meet the team in person, but we know we have Covid restrictions.

Chief People Officer

Thanks for posting a review.

8. 5.0

Senior Value Solutions Consultant

May 12, 2017 - Senior Value Solutions Consultant in Singapore
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Culture focused on customer success Disruptor in the industry

Cons

Too many opportunities to work on - Need more partners

Head of Global Talent Acquisition and Enablement

Thanks for your feedback!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Lots of mojo. On the path to HUGE SUCCESS!!

Oct 7, 2013 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Product and the genuine and relentless focus on Customer Success rocks! Customers are truly happy and they have high adoption. No shelfware - unheard of in the enterprise software space. At my prior companies, unhappy customers and shelfware were huge barriers to upwell/cross-sell/renewals. All the building blocks for Sales are in place....Very solid Sales leadership. Great support teams - Pre-sales, value, customer success, services. Use of productivity tools (Salesforce and other). Tightly knit with Marketing and Channels / Partners. None of the BS you see in large companies - overlays, reporting to multiple bosses, periodic status updates. Enviable track record of head-to-head competitive wins. Company Leaders are visionary and inspiring. Lots of passion and energy. Overall, a great place for people who truly are committed to excellence and impact. On the right path to 'home run' success!

Cons

Lots of new faces because of rapid growth. The challenge will be to maintain the mojo as we rapidly scale. This is not a "con" - but this is not the best fit for people who like to wait on the sidelines before everything is figured out.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

2 Years in and still LOVING it!

Apr 24, 2020 - Value Solutions Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. Highly collaborative work environment and strongly focused on customer success 2. Innovation Innovation Innovation (doesn't stop!) 3. Transparent engagement with the management at all levels, in a very efficient bottom-up managerial support structure 4. Coupa is by far the best work experience that I've ever had.

Cons

In comparison to my work experiences at other companies, there are no cons that I can think of as it relates to Coupa.

1 person found this review helpful

VP, Talent

Thank you for your review! Here are to many more years with Coupa :)

11. 5.0

Account Development Representative

Jan 30, 2018 - Account Development Representative in Dublin, Dublin
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work as an entrepreneur and being part of an open-minded team. Great to work in an environment where you can still have impact. The core values speak for themselves and it is about customer success and that we add value as a service.

Cons

It is a start-up environment and if you cannot handle the flexibility, then this might be a con.

Vice President of Global Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your review all the way from Dublin! Happy to see you're already able to recognize your impact here.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 29 Reviews