- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - New York State
- - New York City, NY Area
- - New York, NY
- - Edgewater, NJ
- - Pennsylvania
- - Pittsburgh, PA Area
- - Pittsburgh, PA
- - California
- - San Francisco, CA Area
- - San Francisco, CA
- - New Jersey
- - Illinois
- - Chicago, IL Area
- - Chicago, IL
Found 17 of over 18 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Technical Account Manager
Being a woman in tech, I only recently started advocating for myself at work about advancement opportunities. Because of this I wanted to ask this question to my male counterparts. When you have 1:1's with your direct reports and talk about career growth / aspirations what is your managers’ response typically? I’d like to gauge how my experience (negative) differs from others. For instance are you met with blockades, enthusiasm, dread, etc?
Got a burning question about Coursedog? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Coursedog employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "Although fully remote, the company has a strong culture that engages often in activities like virtual HHs, workouts, cook along,s and more." (in 5 reviews)
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Oct 5, 2022 - Business Development inRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
My work/life balance has never been better. Company is fully remote and when it comes to an asynchronism work structure, actions speak louder than words. Not only do they tell their employees to work at times that work best for them, but they also actually let you do that. In addition, despite being a young company, there is a solid foundation here. There are days we wear multiple hats and I can feel that start-up hustle but never have I felt like it was chaotic and lacked strong business structure. CEO stands behind the product and his passion for growing Coursedog definitely trickles down from the top.
There is a down side to being fully remote. As good as the culture is at Coursedog, it just isn't the same connection as you would get if you were in an office, even just a couple days a week, so sometimes I feel like I am on a little island at my "at home" office.
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Dec 29, 2021 - Product Manager inRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Fantastic company culture. During my time at Coursedog, everyone I interacted with was supportive, personable, and professional. The team is filled with highly intelligent, ambitious employees that I learned a lot from. - Abundant opportunities for growth. Although I started at Coursedog as an intern with a largely undefined role, I was treated with respect and given opportunities to build my professional skills and advance in the company. By the time I left 16 months later, I was a full-time product manager, had led numerous implementations with clients, made meaningful changes to Coursedog's product and roadmap, and assisted on sales calls with high-profile customers. During my time at Coursedog I was continuously learning and building valuable professional skills that will serve me for the rest of my career. - Flexibility. I spent most of my time at Coursedog working remotely with a flexible schedule. As someone who needs to get outside every day to maintain peace of mind, I was beyond grateful to be able to adapt my working hours to a schedule that balanced my personal health and wellbeing with my productivity.
At times I felt overwhelmed by the amount of work on my plate, but that is to be expected at a startup. I started when Coursedog only had ~20 employees so there was a lot of work to do to build out company processes, but they have made massive strides in that area so I'm confident it won't be nearly as big of an issue for those joining the company now.
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Apr 4, 2022 - Senior Manager, Business Operations inRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- My current manager is great! It's been a few weeks but so far my onboarding/ramping process has been smooth. My manager enables me to take on and lead projects as well as setting me up for success. - The culture is great so far considering it's a fully-remote company. Everyone in the company is super friendly and willing to assist with any projects. - I feel like the work I do rolls up to the overall goal of the company. Makes me feel like the work I do has an impact for the company.
- No cons so far! If I were to pick one - I'd say more engagement from the overall company. There are close groups (which is normal especially within the same department) but good to have more events/activates that encourage cross-functional engagement.
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Jul 28, 2022 - Data Engineer inRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I have the best supervisor I have had in my career, I feel like I am always challenged yet supported.
Lots of changes but that’s expected in a hyper growth
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Apr 30, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Meritocratic, collaborative, transparent culture with great investors and product
Same as any company of its size/maturity; scrappiness, long hours, etc.
- Former Employee★★★★★Feb 28, 2022 - SalesRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- The management team has great hustle - Friendly team & great culture - A shared sense of mission to disrupt edtech technology
- Not staying here longer!Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Oct 21, 2021 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Flexible work with amazing talent at a mission-driven company
Definitely can be a grind, as with any startup, but ideally this excites you.
- Current Employee★★★★★Apr 27, 2021 - Head of Sales inRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
-Strong leadership in place that effectively mixes individuals of all ages and backgrounds. -Although fully remote, the company has a strong culture that engages often in activities like virtual HHs, workouts, cook along,s and more. -Strong support structures to support growth -Feedback is healthy here and radical candor is used effectively -Documentation and internal wiki are years ahead of most companies at this stage which makes SOPs clean and eases ramp
-Because the company is younger, direction changes often and fast. This can be a challenge for folks more accustomed to corporate structures.Continue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★Apr 23, 2021 - Technical Project Manager inRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
This is an exceptional team of highly innovative and creative colleagues. Their dedication and commitment to customer service is unlike anything I have ever seen during my 20-year career. This company strikes a perfect balance between allowing employees the ability to work asynchronously and with a high level of autonomy, while also providing structure, guidance and support. I highly recommend Coursedog to anyone that thrives in an environment that is quickly changing to meet need and has a desire to truly impact the student experience.
So far, I have not identified any cons.
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Apr 18, 2021 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
WFH Culture With Hands Off Management Style; Talented, Smart, & Passionate Employee Base; Strong Mentorship Resources; Company Promotes From Within = Great Career Growth Opportunities; Competitive Compensation Packages & Benefits; Top-Notch Product; Friday Media Playlist's Are Banging
Typical Start-Up Culture / Growing Pains (Sink/Swim Attitude, Fast Shifting Priorities, etc.) -- Not Geared For Everyone; WFH Environment May Not Be For Everyone EitherContinue reading
Coursedog Reviews FAQs
Coursedog has an overall rating of 5.0 out of 5, based on over 18 reviews left anonymously by employees. 100% of employees would recommend working at Coursedog to a friend and 100% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
100% of Coursedog employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Coursedog 4.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 5.0 for culture and values and 4.8 for career opportunities.