KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Coursera

Engaged Employer

Coursera

Add a Review

Coursera Employee Reviews about "culture"

Updated Sep 26, 2022

Found 83 of over 340 reviews

3.9
Coursera CEO Jeff Maggioncalda
Jeff Maggioncalda

What people are saying about Coursera

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people to work with and inspiring mission!(in 44 reviews)
  • "Company used to have an amazing culture(in 16 reviews)
  • "Great pay and the job is remote(in 15 reviews)
  • "Great work / life balance(in 12 reviews)
  • "Coursera is a company that has a great mission (providing universal access to the world's best education), and a team of people highly motivated to fulfill it(in 12 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Coursera and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "culture"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

An amazing summer internship

Sep 2, 2014 - Software Engineer Intern in Mountain View, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Spectacular Mission Tons of responsibility The smartest people I've ever worked with Great office/company culture A bunch of great perks and free food I learned a ridiculous amount at Coursera because of great mentors and their willingness to give interns a lot of responsibility. As an intern I did basically the same job as a full-time employee and was an integral part of the team rather than just a satellite. Courserans are as friendly as they are brilliant and I wouldn't have wanted to spend the summer any other way.

Cons

It was a great summer, nothing really to complain about. If anything, a few more intern events would have been awesome, I really enjoyed the sailing outing.

5 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great workplace

Jul 3, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

- lots of different ways to contribute to the leading name in online education - empathetic teammates and workplace culture - great work life balance - good transparency from management

Cons

- growing pains; still working with old systems less employees know about - waiting on approvals when working cross-functionally

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Almost turned me off tech

Mar 29, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-started with a great mission -recognized brand -many intelligent and highly educated colleagues -employees take courses for free -Work from home Wednesday's

Cons

-Nepotism -Elitism -Culture of blame instead of ownership -Very weak management -Diversity is a joke here. Look at the stats. -Business model always changing -Poor confidence in leadership -Awful change management. Even after several re-orgs leadership still hasn't figured out how to roll out major changes without tanking culture.

Continue reading
    18 people found this review helpful

Coursera Response

Director of HR

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, we are sorry to hear about your experience. Feedback like yours helps us continue to improve our company. If you have any more feedback to share, we encourage you to email us at HR@coursera.org.

4. 5.0
    Former Employee

Awesome Place

Feb 5, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture people and tech stack

Cons

No innovation happening but working on it

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 2.0
    Former Employee

No job security

Feb 10, 2022 - Enrollment Counselor
    Business Outlook

Pros

The only 2 things good about Coursera is that they pay well and there is work life balance(apparently)

Cons

No job security Employees can hardly put their point across as the manager would then give them a silent treatment and that's horrible in a remote work space. The work culture in the Indian team is pathetic (not too sure about the other countries)

Continue reading