Covelo Group Reviews

Updated Apr 6, 2021

3.2
Covelo Group Owner David Zowine (no image)
David Zowine
Pros
  • "I barely had experience and got to work with UCSF in the field I was interested(in 8 reviews)

• "Great opportunity to get experience(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I’ll piggyback off of the other 1-2 stars reviews because while they’re harsh, they hit the nail on the head for Covelo/MGA Healthcare(in 13 reviews)

• "Low pay, lots of work that cant get done without staying past working ours with no overtime(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

good company

Mar 16, 2021 - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

good job for experience and learning

Cons

good to the bone yes

2. 3.0
      Current Employee

Good foot in the door, inconsistent communication

Apr 6, 2021 - Practice Coordinator in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

It is a good foot in the door as they promote, and the assignment they give you does allow you to create good, useful connections within healthcare. My recruiter was really friendly and was easy to contact. The company themselves is quite friendly and flexible.

Cons

They don't seem to communicate well within the company as I had two different people asking me about things they could have answered themselves if they had just updated each other. They also don't communicate with you as well regarding the details of the assignment, unsure if this is due to a lack of communication between them and the assignment supervisor. Your assignment supervisor becomes your main supervisor. Your recruiter will initially keep constant (maybe even too much) communication with you through check-ins, and then after a couple of weeks/a month you stop talking to them all together - this point however, could be a good or bad thing for people depending on your preference.

Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review. We value honest feedback and have escalated your suggestions to our senior leadership team. We're happy to hear you had a pleasant experience working with our recruiting team and were able to make valuable connections.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company to work for

Feb 2, 2021 - EVS Tech in Winfield, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company is the best, they actually cares about you and the balance of your everyday life, they offer nice pay that’s weekly and great benefits that start only after the 1st month including medical and 401k, Branden Kelly is my recruiter he’s the best him and Erick Chaney, Branden called me the 1st few weeks with wake up calls and to make sure I was adapting to the new job, he’s still calling at least twice a week to see how’s everything going, him and Erick has been the best ever they reaches out to me periodically to make sure I know of benefits and other perks that covelo offers this company is the best they will make sure you are successful within the work place they even walked me thru the interview process and gave me advice for the interview thanks guys you’re the best.

Cons

Don’t have any I can think of.

Marketing Manager

Thank you for sharing your Covelo experience with us! We look forward to continuing to service your career needs.

4. 1.0

Changes need to be made

Mar 17, 2021 - Recruiter
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Overall a good start if you are looking to start your career in healthcare recruiting. -Get to work with wide variety of hospitals

Cons

-No work life balance -poor pay -no guidance from management -no room for growth -Managers are always breathing down your neck and micromanaging

Marketing Manager

We have escalated your concerns to our senior leadership team. We appreciate your honest feedback and are sorry to hear you did not have the ideal experience with Covelo. Our team is constantly evolving and working to create an environment that continues to promote personal growth and career advancement opportunities.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Very good company to work for they always have your back

Feb 3, 2021 - EVS Tech in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Starting now is a good pay

Cons

I have no cons now

Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review!

6. 3.0

Under paid.

Feb 23, 2021 - Home Health Pediatric Registered Nurse in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

HR and management are great!

Cons

Had to work 50 hours a week to make ends meet. Benefits were okay but really expensive!

Marketing Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. To further discuss your concerns, please reach out to our HR team at HR@covelogroup.com.

7. 5.0
      Former Employee

Good company

Dec 9, 2020 - Lab Technician in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company helps you find a decent job and coaches you throughout the process.

Cons

Change in personnel. The person who works with you may change in a short notice.

Marketing Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us!

8. 3.0

Terrible Support Agency

Jan 13, 2021 - Practice Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Helps you get your foot in the door into the medical field

Cons

Terrible communication skills from recruiter and yourself. Will play games with you by ignoring you and not give you a raise when you deserve it.

Marketing Manager

We're sorry to hear you've experienced poor communication with your recruiter. At Covelo, we strive to provide all of our employees with consistent communication and transparency. If interested, please email us at HR@covelogroup.com so we can better address your concerns.

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Nepotism and Micromanagment

Mar 31, 2020 - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Met some awesome people who became friends. -The hired me with zero experience. If you have none, come in and get a year and leave. They'll hire you as long as you have a pulse and like the same stuff they like.

Cons

Majority of the managers went to high school and have been at the company for 8+ years or whatever. They have zero ambition to advance their careers forward, and it is because of this that there is no career growth for anyone else. Because manager is the limit and they are not going to go anywhere else. They enjoy the cushy lifestyle of doing nothing and making money doing it. If they don't like you, for whatever arbitrary reason, they will basically make life suck until you decide to leave, rather than try and help you along in your career. They will tell you how to be a terrible recruiter/person by showing you the same treatment. They either micromanage or don't manage at all. The turnover rate is insane, people leave in bunches, and management can't figure out why people would want to leave for more money.

5 people found this review helpful

Marketing Manager

At Covelo, we strive to create clear career paths for our recruiting teams. Our team is committed to continually improving and we appreciate your feedback.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

employee

Oct 4, 2020 - Senior Medical Adjuster in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good paying job to have

Cons

Long hours and short lunches

Marketing Manager

Thank you for leaving a review. We hope you continue to find success in your role.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 115 Reviews