Covenant Care Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.3
Robert A. Levin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Outstanding communication of company culture and support from corporate office (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • High turnover rate, due to the face that the job can be very stressful because of the short staffing from the high turn over rate (in 5 reviews)

• Poor Management - no one knows what is going on (in 3 reviews)

1. "Staffing Agency"

Current Employee - Legal Administrative Assistant in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Legal Administrative Assistant in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at Covenant Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People in the office are very nice and helpful. Provide lunch on Fridays.

Cons

Can't hire full-time. Ton of work

2. "administrative assistant"

I worked at Covenant Care full-time

Pros

the mission to care for people and their families at the end of life

Cons

poor management who doesn't care about the employees any more. staff are overworked with high patient loads/office work and no thanks.

Advice to Management

listen to staff, really listen. stop going through the motions with no positive feedback.

3. "Don't Work Here"

Pros

The people are good to work with. There isn't much more that is good about this organization. They take care of people but not their staff.

Cons

Poor Management - no one knows what is going on. They don't mean what they say! They are completely out of touch with the employees

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees

4. "Avoid Working Here"

Former Employee - Dietary Aide in Los Altos, CA
    Former Employee - Dietary Aide in Los Altos, CA

I worked at Covenant Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Being able to work with the residents.

Cons

This is an incredibly disorganized company. I never got reimbursed for mileage I took for training ( 2 hour drive) . If you work in the kitchen you are expected to work through your breaks and lunches (but don't expect any kind of appreciation). Management is a joke. My boss was having an affair with an employee which made working in the office uncomfortable. Not to mention he was consistently no where to be found when he was needed. When the State came for inspection problems (which had been presented to management months before) were covered up instead of fixed. The administrator was the only decent person there but he didn't even know what was going on right underneath his nose.

Advice to Management

Hire competent and respectful managers who don't make people want to quit after 4 weeks.

"A Company to Avoid"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Aliso Viejo, CA

I worked at Covenant Care full-time

Pros

The only thing I liked was the work I got to do. I was passionate about what I did in my department and I loved the location.

Cons

It's been a while since I've worked there, but I hope my review will help those in avoiding the places you shouldn't work for. Everything was fine in the beginning. I became accustomed to the work very quickly. The hardest part was walking into the Human Resources department and hearing them making fun of their colleagues and laugh. All I wondered was what do they say about me behind my back? That is not what HR should be about.

In the last few days before I was laid off, there was police activity at the office. I was confused, but continued on my work as if nothing was wrong. I came to find out that someone had got access to everyone's personnel files- making copies of their voided checks for direct deposit and cashing them out somehow. The HR generalist came to me and whispered to me admitting that she would she leave the keys unattended during her lunch or when she'd leave her desk. She said she felt "sick to [her] stomach" when the police arrived and asked to investigate the filing cabinets.

At that point I decided I didn't have the passion to work for this company anymore. And although I was laid off, it was probably a blessing in disguise. The hardest part is having people who work there and don't take their work seriously enough- like in the case of the HR employee who allowed herself to leave her keys out in the open. If this doesn't help others avoid putting in their application, I am not sure what will.

Advice to Management

Be more professional and look at changing your morals or ethics- including your policies. This place had potential when I started, but looking at where I am at now I am grateful to have moved on since my departure.

"Nurse"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

I have been working at Covenant Care full-time

Pros

Sad to say, there is nothing good to say about this company..Avoid it at all cost unless you are a yes-man...then go for it

Cons

High staff turnover. Unrealistic expectations. Short staffed all the time. There is absolutely no support from management..Furthermore, management don't even have a clue as to what is happening most of the time. No incentives..This company just takes, takes, takes.

Advice to Management

It doesn't matter...They don't care enough to listen, or this would not be happening...Poor management

7. "Hospice aide -- give love and baths to patients- give love and support to family and their caregivers"

Current Employee - Home Health Aide
    Current Employee - Home Health Aide

I have been working at Covenant Care (More than 3 years)

Pros

Dedicated people to work with in my office

Cons

Not paid enough for the strenuous and repetitious hard work that breaks our bodies down

Advice to Management

Acknowledge your health aides hard and dedicated work by giving them better raises

8. "CNA"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Turlock, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Turlock, CA

I have been working at Covenant Care part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with the patients is the only highlight.

Cons

The staff is very Nationality Biased. If your not "in" with their click, then you get whatever rooms are the hardest and first on the call off list.

Advice to Management

Management is biased, so they look the other way.

9. "What is review title?"

Current Employee - CNA in Morgan Hill, CA

Pros

Upbeat and supportive place to work.

Cons

Lots of call outs, which is actually a plus because you can pick up extra shifts.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

10. "Very stressful job.."

Current Employee - CNA in Morgan Hill, CA

I have been working at Covenant Care part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great residents. Okay pay. Monthly raffles. Generally friendly employees. Will hire anyone.

Cons

High turnover rate, due to the face that the job can be very stressful because of the short staffing from the high turn over rate.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring people for AM when you really need PM...