Covenant Dove Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Cna"

Current Employee - CNA in Pickens, SC
    Current Employee - CNA in Pickens, SC

I have been working at Covenant Dove full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Manna health is a wonderful place to work for the staff is wonderful always positive environment !

Cons

i can not say anything bad about my employer, I'm relocating to Charlotte area

Advice to Management

No advice enjoy working at manna health and rehab

"Beyond Horrible"

Former Employee - CNA in Simpsonville, SC
    Former Employee - CNA in Simpsonville, SC

I worked at Covenant Dove full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay rate is very good

Cons

5 words is not enough

Advice to Management

Take out all staff in management and bring in brand new people. This place has gone through many different "names" yet it stays the same. Too much favoritism going on and shady doings. You have some damn good CNA's leaving because the childish behavior of some is not worth all the money in the world. Two faced nurses and upper management.

"If you value your license and health"

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Columbia, MS
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Columbia, MS

Pros

Staff and coworkers helpful and friendly.

Cons

If you work 7p-7a, you will be expected to pass meds to 50+ residents, so if a resident falls or you have to send someone out to the hospital, your night can turn into a nightmare. With this many people to give medications to, there is no room for anything bad to happen because if it does, you will be giving meds all night.

Most 12hr facilities will put no more than 25-35 residents on one nurse working a 12hr shift, but this does not seem to be a concern here. This is not only unsafe for the resident but also the nurse. If you like living on the edge and risking you license, this is the place. Can't really say the same for 7a-7p, the nurses on this shift, seem pretty happy and they should be, because there are two of them and they are only responsible for one cart and that's half the residents of a 7p-7a nurse.

Please use your best judgement by checking it out for yourself, it may or may not be for you. It definitely wasn't my cup of tea.

Advice to Management

Please, Please, Please, think about the residents and your employees and not just the bottom line. It makes me very sad that the residents are the ones who really suffer in this situation. One thing we all need to remember is that the bed we make today, may be the one we have to lay in tomorrow, and it's going to be a sad day when you find yourself lying in the place where your residents are now.

So, you have a chance now, to do what's right for your residents and not just your pockets, by changing the way you treat and take care of them. There will come a time when someone will be making the decision about where you're going to live when you get old and can no longer care for yourself, so be mindful of that. Your employees work really hard taking care of the residents and trying to uphold the best interest of the facility but they can't do it all by themselves.

Take care of your employees because without them, things would be pretty difficult.

"LPN"

Pros

Opportunities for extra hours, mostly good staff

Cons

Some old school practices in place

"Payroll / HR / Accounts Payable"

Former Employee - Payroll/Human Resources/Accounts Payable in Nampa, ID
    Former Employee - Payroll/Human Resources/Accounts Payable in Nampa, ID

Pros

Each facility is a separate functioning entity but subject to corporate control. Individual managers have some autonomy.

Cons

Contradictory rulings; prefer to give sign on bonuses to strangers rather than employees completing additional training; inconsistent disciplinary actions. Stated Mission is grossly exaggerated per actual implementation.

Advice to Management

Clean house at the top first.

6. "better than nothing"

I worked at Covenant Dove full-time

Pros

some of the staff were excellent to work with. of course as a company gets bought and sold, you tend to lose the better employees

Cons

compensation was terrible. salary was low end of range for position, benefits were awful. was able to find better compensation for much less responsibility elsewhere

Advice to Management

not even sure who management is now. as far as i know, all of management at corporate has been replaced.

"CNA"

Current Employee - CNA in Easley, SC
    Current Employee - CNA in Easley, SC

I have been working at Covenant Dove (Less than a year)

Pros

The best part of my job is a ring for those who can't and for the great group of people

Cons

Upper management is horrible and the building is deplorable.

Advice to Management

Needs to be retrained

"Scary place to work"

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Nampa, ID
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Nampa, ID

Pros

The only pro that I can think of is that I learned what red flags to watch for when applying for jobs to not end up working in another facility like this one. Learned how to work hard and document safely to protect my license in the midst of unethical and illegal practices around me.

Cons

The worst, most unprofessional management team I've ever encountered. Their answer to every problem was to either cut hours or write someone up. If a resident fell, they would find a way to make it someone's fault and write them up. And then decrease staff hours such that we weren't able to adequately take care of our residents. And then when we didn't have enough help to take good care of our residents and someone had a fall or other bad outcome: they'd find a way to turn the blame on the direct care staff and write us up again. I witnessed things that I never thought I'd see: nurses and nurse managers falsifying resident records to avoid citations from state survey, members of our management team tearing pages out of a residents medical record before a surveyor got the chart, the list goes on.

Advice to Management

I don't even know what advice I could give besides to wipe out the entire management team at this facility and start new. The level of dishonesty and unethical behaviors at this building is likely not going to be remedied by anything less.

"Restorative Director/Facility Scheduler"

Pros

The former Covenant Dove CEO Judy Ullrey and her corporate staff were an outstanding team to be associated with. While focused on profit, they also equally focused continually on providing the residents and staff of their facilities with top notch services. For the residents a comfortable home with excellent care in all areas:cleanliness, delicious food and comfort. For the staff a facility where you were proud to be employed and you were valued as an employee. Your years of dedicated service were appreciated and rewarded. Your concerns and opinions were heard, valued and taken into consideration.

Cons

The current Covenant Dove corporate team is focused on profit, profit, profit. The facilities overall have declined in all areas. The new mission statement should be "Do more wih less". Less staff, pay, less supplies, poor quality food and contracted services (esp housekeeping and dietary).

Advice to Management

Go back to the former corporate management's way of running Covenant Dove. Put God first and profit second!

"Bad place to work"

Pros

No pros are given to this company

Cons

There are no pros. Understaffed, overworked, the management does not listen to the aides, we are called on the carpet for things that are false but never believe the truth. It is a horrible place to work. I only give it one star because it won't let me give no stars.