Covenant Dove Reviews | Glassdoor

Bill Birmingham

"CNA"

Current Employee - CNA in Easley, SC
    Current Employee - CNA in Easley, SC

I have been working at Covenant Dove (Less than a year)

Pros

The best part of my job is a ring for those who can't and for the great group of people

Cons

Upper management is horrible and the building is deplorable.

Advice to Management

Needs to be retrained

2. "Beyond Horrible"

Former Employee - CNA in Simpsonville, SC
    Former Employee - CNA in Simpsonville, SC

I worked at Covenant Dove full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay rate is very good

Cons

5 words is not enough

Advice to Management

Take out all staff in management and bring in brand new people. This place has gone through many different "names" yet it stays the same. Too much favoritism going on and shady doings. You have some damn good CNA's leaving because the childish behavior of some is not worth all the money in the world. Two faced nurses and upper management.

"If you value your license and health"

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Columbia, MS
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Columbia, MS

Pros

Staff and coworkers helpful and friendly.

Cons

If you work 7p-7a, you will be expected to pass meds to 50+ residents, so if a resident falls or you have to send someone out to the hospital, your night can turn into a nightmare. With this many people to give medications to, there is no room for anything bad to happen because if it does, you will be giving meds all night.

Most 12hr facilities will put no more than 25-35 residents on one nurse working a 12hr shift, but this does not seem to be a concern here. This is not only unsafe for the resident but also the nurse. If you like living on the edge and risking you license, this is the place. Can't really say the same for 7a-7p, the nurses on this shift, seem pretty happy and they should be, because there are two of them and they are only responsible for one cart and that's half the residents of a 7p-7a nurse.

Please use your best judgement by checking it out for yourself, it may or may not be for you. It definitely wasn't my cup of tea.

Advice to Management

Please, Please, Please, think about the residents and your employees and not just the bottom line. It makes me very sad that the residents are the ones who really suffer in this situation. One thing we all need to remember is that the bed we make today, may be the one we have to lay in tomorrow, and it's going to be a sad day when you find yourself lying in the place where your residents are now.

So, you have a chance now, to do what's right for your residents and not just your pockets, by changing the way you treat and take care of them. There will come a time when someone will be making the decision about where you're going to live when you get old and can no longer care for yourself, so be mindful of that. Your employees work really hard taking care of the residents and trying to uphold the best interest of the facility but they can't do it all by themselves.

Take care of your employees because without them, things would be pretty difficult.

"Payroll / HR / Accounts Payable"

Former Employee - Payroll/Human Resources/Accounts Payable in Nampa, ID
    Former Employee - Payroll/Human Resources/Accounts Payable in Nampa, ID

Pros

Each facility is a separate functioning entity but subject to corporate control. Individual managers have some autonomy.

Cons

Contradictory rulings; prefer to give sign on bonuses to strangers rather than employees completing additional training; inconsistent disciplinary actions. Stated Mission is grossly exaggerated per actual implementation.

Advice to Management

Clean house at the top first.

"Scary place to work"

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Nampa, ID
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Nampa, ID

Pros

The only pro that I can think of is that I learned what red flags to watch for when applying for jobs to not end up working in another facility like this one. Learned how to work hard and document safely to protect my license in the midst of unethical and illegal practices around me.

Cons

The worst, most unprofessional management team I've ever encountered. Their answer to every problem was to either cut hours or write someone up. If a resident fell, they would find a way to make it someone's fault and write them up. And then decrease staff hours such that we weren't able to adequately take care of our residents. And then when we didn't have enough help to take good care of our residents and someone had a fall or other bad outcome: they'd find a way to turn the blame on the direct care staff and write us up again. I witnessed things that I never thought I'd see: nurses and nurse managers falsifying resident records to avoid citations from state survey, members of our management team tearing pages out of a residents medical record before a surveyor got the chart, the list goes on.

Advice to Management

I don't even know what advice I could give besides to wipe out the entire management team at this facility and start new. The level of dishonesty and unethical behaviors at this building is likely not going to be remedied by anything less.

"Cna"

Current Employee - CNA in Pickens, SC
    Current Employee - CNA in Pickens, SC

I have been working at Covenant Dove full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Manna health is a wonderful place to work for the staff is wonderful always positive environment !

Cons

i can not say anything bad about my employer, I'm relocating to Charlotte area

Advice to Management

No advice enjoy working at manna health and rehab

"Think long and hard."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I worked at Covenant Dove full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are still some good people and quality employees at the corporate office, but I cannot think of any pros why anyone would seek employment with this company in its current state.

Cons

Upper management sees everyone, if they even know their name, as nothing but a body. There is very little to no recognition and management casts a blind eye to top performers.

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves.

"Bad place to work"

Current Employee - CNA in Battle Ground, WA
    Current Employee - CNA in Battle Ground, WA

Pros

The residents are sweet but you can't always stay at a bad company for them.

Cons

The working conditions are subpar. The wages are not competitive. There is never enough supplies. The administration does not support the nursing staff. The CNAs are never listened to.

Advice to Management

Get a whole new management.

"Not worth the racial discrimination."

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Greer, SC
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Greer, SC

I worked at Covenant Dove (Less than a year)

Pros

The residents are pitiful, are neglected by nurse and CNA's on all shifts especially third. Staff is extremely rude to residents and to the scant white nurses and CNA that are there to do their job as they were trained to do. The staff come in at night before shift change and their jungle music is beating wide open right outside Residents windows. CNAs do not do rounds until 1 or 3 in the am then gripe about the incontinent Residents and having to do a complete bed change. BED SORES? you ask? Rampant in this facility. 2 have become septic and one died due to bedsores. Staff and Physician orders? I have copies of documents that have been doctored to the point that one Resident hadn't received any synthroid in more than 2 weeks. Have the before and after copies of the MARs. Phy orders going missing...I have copies of those...I've been an LPN in long term care for 31 years...I have never in my career been treated so mean, ugly and blamed for everything that has went on in several black nurses lives. I'm probably blamed for them being born. Nobody backs the white employees...It's all one three ring circus and a half dozen master of creremony. This one is BFFs with that one...getting second hand messages from the DONs...Wound Nurse..(HA! that's a laugh..) She's never been formerly trained in wound care. If I do one thing that they say is wrong I've gotten to the point to tell them to get on the overhead system and save them from having to walk so much to tell everybody. There's Residents there That have told me things that will bring goose bumps. So...yesterday I knew it wouldn't do anygood to take my problem to anyone there so I quit...1037am I had had it. So please people do what you have to do and keep your loved ones at home....I did it and never had a regret when they passed.

Cons

see above to see...the only pro is the poor Residents that have to be, so-called, taken care of at this horror house. And no I am not a disgruntled worker....I don't have to work. I'm comfortable with my life in any and all ways. I just love to work and take care of and see that all innocents are treated an taken care of like they are your most cherished posesson.

Advice to Management

shut this place down....DHEC is very...very...near and they would love to hear from me.

"employment"

Current Employee - DON in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - DON in Washington, DC

I have been working at Covenant Dove full-time

Pros

Awesome regional nurse consultant Pam Lomeli

Cons

No comments. The regional people are awesome. Easy To Communicate With. Easy to reach. The support from regional are fantastic!

Advice to Management

More staffing. More staffing. More staffing. More staffing. More staffing. More staffing. More staffing. Awesome regional people. More staffing. More staffing. More staffing. More staffing