Covenant Living Communities & Services Reviews

Updated Jun 9, 2021

Found 104 of over 108 reviews

4.4
Covenant Living Communities & Services Chief Executive Officer Terri Cunliffe (no image)
Terri Cunliffe
Pros
  • "Positive energy, kind people, and great benefits(in 5 reviews)

• "flexible with hours(in 4 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work/Life balance is difficult at times(in 3 reviews)

• "Poor management,poor attitudes,poor pay(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Great company

Jun 9, 2021 - Student in Grand Rapids, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work for as a student,

Cons

there are no cons to this job.

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Company focused

May 26, 2021 - Human Resources
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working around residents Some great employees

Cons

Company has become very business focused. For a non profit organization, there is a lot of focus on the bottom dollar. Employees are not as appreciated for the hard work it takes to keep residents safe while constantly understaffed. Pay is lower than compared companies. Not a lot of options to grown within the company because Covenant does not want to pay higher salary to long term employees

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

35 Years and still loving it!

Feb 2, 2021 - Human Resources Director in Santa Barbara, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked at The Samarkand for 35 years as the Human Resources Director and I am so proud of all the employees that have worked along side me! i constantly hear from residents "you hire the best employees" and "I just love our staff so much." I have seen employees start in dining service as their first job and then end up nursing, a housekeeper becoming the Director of Housekeeping, and lots of employees create careers for themselves. And when I am downtown, I often run into old employees who greet me with a hug. Samarkand is a great place to work, whether it is your first job in high school, a career choice, or the job you will retire from.

Cons

Its hard to lose residents who you have become very close to. however we all know that we provided the best care for them.

1 person found this review helpful

Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for the kind words! We appreciate your feedback and are so glad that you have enjoyed the work experience at Covenant Living at the Samarkand. Thank you for serving on our team with us!

4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Spirited, caring and family style atmosphere

Mar 3, 2021 - Administrative Assistant in Westminster, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Covenant Living is a welcoming, spirited atmosphere to work for. They provide a family type of employment with good benefits, opportunities to move up ,training and qualified-caring staff. Covenant is known for going the extra mile to take care of the needs of residents, families and employees with peace of mind. When you walk through the front doors you are greeted with a heart-felt welcoming smile which shows the sincerity of each staff who truly love what they do each day. If you talk to the employees they call it their "home away from home".

Cons

Overall Covenant has a high turnover rate for management .

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

A Job with Purpose

Feb 2, 2021 - Human Resources Director in Batavia, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have had the pleasure of working with Covenant Living for several years and every day find purpose coming to work. I am supported by my co-workers and my leaders to achieve growth and to make our community the best for residents, employees and all that visit. I am thankful for the safety and security that has been given to all of us during the recent pandemic and I honestly feel that next to my home, my job is the safest place I can be! I can't wait to spend the next years as an employee of Covenant Living, it's a great organization!

Cons

cannot think of anything, it's a great place

6. 5.0

Caring and Loving Team

Mar 4, 2021 - Resident Life Director in Westminster, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked for CLC for over 5 years and love the residents and staff. It is great to work with like-minded people who want the best for our residents. I adore our hard working team and sharing our ideas to make our residents life more fulfilled. I have and would continue to recommended our company for others to work.

Cons

I don't have any cons at this time.

Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for the kind words! We appreciate your feedback and are so glad that you have enjoyed the work experience at Covenant Living of Colorado.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

An Organization That Cares

Mar 19, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful environment of caring residents and staff Excellent pay and benefits Rewarding work for a community with a clear mission and great resources

Cons

There is a need for more parking

8. 4.0
      Former Employee

isolated & poorly supported

Mar 27, 2021 - Healthcare Administration in Batavia, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful community offering incredible care & services to the community and population it serves. Competitive pay with good medical and PTO benefits. Employee resources and support from HR is subpar. Make a real & lasting difference for the residents and families at the community.

Cons

Work/life balance; unbalanced workload distribution; inadequate and/or inconsistent care and concern for staff; administrative & corporate decisions & changes often implemented without forethought & understanding of impact on staff/residents.

Covenant Living Communities & Services Response

Hello. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, and we’re sorry you feel this way. We appreciate your feedback and would like to learn more about your experience. Please reach out to our HR Leadership at your earliest convenience to continue this conversation. Thank you.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Outstanding place to work and live!

Oct 22, 2020 - Resident Services Director in Spring Valley, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

It’s an honor to be the Resident Services Director at Mount Miguel. I am a people-person and enjoy working in a Christian-based environment that is full of energy, with residents and staff interacting together on a daily basis in an active environment. It’s a pleasure getting to know and develop relationships with the residents. Every day is different, with new challenges and daily rewards. It’s wonderful to be in a position to make a positive difference, however small, in another person’s life. I have this opportunity on a daily basis in my “dream role.” I also LOVE being involved with events, wearing costumes, writing scripts, and creating fun digital programming. Few careers offer so many rewards and I feel blessed to be part of the Mount Miguel family.

Cons

I hope the pandemic is behind us soon as our current gatherings are very limited. We are finding creative ways to keep residents engaged during these unprecedented times.

Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for the kind words! We appreciate your feedback and are so glad that you have enjoyed the work experience at Covenant Living at Mount Miguel. Thank you for serving on our team with us!

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Team that Cares

Mar 2, 2021 - Human Resources Assistant in Skokie, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

People have passion for the work caring about eachother and about the residents

Cons

Some people were bothered that we returned to office (part time) after shutting down for Covid too quickly. I, however, felt very safe.

Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for reviewing your experience at Covenant Living. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and feedback and for being on our team!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 104 Reviews