CoverMyMeds Reviews

Updated Jul 1, 2020

4.6
CoverMyMeds President  David Holladay
David Holladay
Pros
  • "Free lunch provided everyday is awesome(in 44 reviews)

• "The benefits and work life balance / flexibility at CoverMyMeds is truly unbelievable(in 39 reviews)

Cons
  • "That any fast growing company there are growing pains(in 26 reviews)

• "Opportunity to build out different functional areas to account for the scale at which the company is growing(in 13 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"I love coming to work every day!!"

I have been working at CoverMyMeds full-time for more than a year

Pros

I cannot even begin to express how much I love my job and where I work. This can be attributed to lots of things, but I feel that the people I work with and the culture that is built is forefront. I always feel valued and respected, even from my very first "entry-level" position. My leaders want to see me succeed and they want to help me get there, which is invaluable to me.

Cons

Sometimes we encounter users who are quite frustrated with the healthcare system and the PA processes, but those conversations are very few and far between. In addition, we all have the same goal, to get the patients the medication they need to live healthy lives.

Continue reading
  2. "The Best Place to Work and Grow"

Current Employee - Account Coordinator, Patient Services in Columbus, OH

I have been working at CoverMyMeds full-time for less than a year

Pros

For those wanting to find an employer that appreciates you, this is the place to be. It is easy to say how much you value your employees, but CoverMyMeds really steps up to the challenge and shows it. Not only do you instantly feel at home, but the benefits offered are just another way to show they care. From free meals every shift, to stellar insurance coverage, HSA contributions, and 401k matches, this place has it all. But CoverMyMeds also challenges and supports you, gets excited about your personal and professional growth, holds you up and encourages you. I have never been more excited to be part of something so much larger than myself and I am glad that I found CoverMyMeds!

Cons

There is a lot of information to take in during the training process BUT it is very much worth it.

3. "Great company with an exceptional culture"

I have been working at CoverMyMeds full-time for less than a year

Pros

I really only have good things to say about working for CMM. The employee first mindset from every level of management is so encouraging. It is a company that truly lives by its values. It listens to its employees and try to make change based on what we have to say. The people are by far the best part of the job but the perks of free lunch every day, beer on top and all the snacks you can ask for don't hurt either.

Cons

In my role I'm on the phones a lot with people I don't know. I don't mind being on calls but I prefer to know who I'm talking to. So If making a bunch of phone calls all day is something you hate you probably wouldn't enjoy the work for this position.

4. COVID-19

"First Company To Ever Invest In Both My Professional & Personal Growth"

I have been working at CoverMyMeds full-time for more than a year

Pros

I can't emphasize how much my personal and professional development have grown since I started working at CoverMyMeds. In the 18 months I've worked here, I've been granted two part-time internal internships with different departments/teams that lasted 3 months each. I have also been able to participate as a mentor in our mentorship program that gives new hires a tenured "buddy" that they meet with for six weeks to show them the ropes of our culture outside of their official job duties. I am a part of our Affinity Council which is a group that gives regularly occurring safe spaces that build and support diversity and inclusion within our organization as well as our community. I've been able to take informal leadership roles on my team as the liaison between my team and our Account Manager. I am also a part of an engagement team that is run by other Account Coordinators (with one or two members of leadership for guidance) where we plan learning & development events/opportunities for our department within the current fiscal year. I give my personal involvement as references because I think my experience truly demonstrates that if you seek out the opportunities, CoverMyMeds will absolutely transform your growth and supply you with a plethora of options in which you can learn and grow. And one of the best things about that is: if that formal opportunity doesn't exist, you can usually create it yourself, whether that be choosing to network with certain folks/teams (because you are allotted time to do these things) or joining an engagement team to bring forth your own ideas that will impact your entire department or organization. I also truly feel like my mental, physical, and personal needs come before my contribution as an employee. I have had two managers in my tenure at CMM and both of which have been so understanding and empathetic when I've had a couple of large life events happen to where I either needed a handful of days off in a row or needed to work from home for 6 weeks to take care of a personal matter at home. I generally speaking don't feel like people abuse this either -- in my observances/experiences, leadership allows us to take care of ourselves first so that when we do return to work, we are able to be fully present and deliver our best work. An additional example of this is when we implemented mandatory work-from-home due to Covid19, everyone was given a "Wellness Day" which was a Monday or Friday off of work (did not count against our PTO).

Cons

While we do a lot of things excellently, there are always some "not-so-great" things about any workplace. At CMM and in my role specifically, those things are: - the work of an Account Coordinator is monotonous. It helps to know that the work itself actually matters and impacts real people's lives, but it is hard to keep motivated when you see the fast growth in terms of roles and other areas of the business and want to move on to your "next," which brings me to my next point - our department is SO. COMPETITIVE. Our department has grown by the hundreds in the last couple of years so when new internships or job openings come up, you are competing against a LOT of people who are the best of the best every single time and have to work that much harder to sell your unique value - there has been a shift in how much metrics matter since I first started. It used to be reiterated that we are not compared to our peers because they wanted us to focus on being the best that we can be in our role and they measured that against our previous performance, always. Now they are developing concrete standards for metrics which absolutely makes sense and is becoming more necessary to develop a baseline of what a "successful" Account Coordinator looks like, however that has been very difficult for me personally to feel connected or motivated to work harder in my role because I am involved in so many teams/projects but feel hounded about my metrics being lower than my team's, even though looking at our varying work loads it makes sense why mine are lower - in addition to the metric push due to our growth, our "flexible" PTO policy has changed for our department as well. We used to send an Outlook event to our managers if we needed time off for any reason, but now we log everything into a Time Management system which actually logs and will cap us after our 15 days have been used. Before this system was implemented, our "flexible PTO" policy was presented as "we want you to have 15 days of pure vacation/personal time, so that's what your 15 days are for" and any sick/emergency time off needed was not counted against us. It hasn't been explicitly said that this is no longer the case, but the fact that we have to log our PTO hours in a system now that counts our PTO indirectly tells me this is no longer the case which is sorely disappointing, especially because our department is the only one that has to use this system. The rest of the company still operates under the original "flexible PTO" policy.

Continue reading
  5. "truly values employees"

Current Employee - Account Coordinator

I have been working at CoverMyMeds full-time for less than a year

Pros

amazing company values, great team environment, great benefits

Cons

There are no cons that I can see yet!

6. COVID-19

"A best place to work for sure!"

I have been working at CoverMyMeds full-time for less than a year

Pros

From the moment I started with CMM I felt at home! They quickly adapted to a virtual onboarding during COVID-19, and it was nothing short of awesome. They offer wonderful benefits such as work/life balance, free lunch, and more! It is an inclusive and forward-thinking workplace that is unlike any other I have seen!

Cons

I would not say I have worked with the organization long enough to notice any cons!

7. "Best job I've ever had, but the hardest I've ever worked"

4.0
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Columbus, OH

I have been working at CoverMyMeds full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Leadership listens to us when we make recommendations. Very flexible schedule and management trusts us to get our work done instead of micromanaging our time. A lot of projects going on and you can pick and choose what to work on based on your interests and experience. This means you get to learn a lot of new tech as well. We focus on promoting from within, and look to bring people into roles who may not have the skills yet, but have the potential. We have internal programs as well to have younger folks shadow teams they're interested in for 6 months.

Cons

There is a lot of after hours work and a lot of weekend work, even when excluding being on call. It's hard to take any time off with the heavy workload, and understaffing. Changing priorities makes it hard to focus and leaves some projects half finished.

Continue reading
  8. "Truly a Great Place to Work"

I have been working at CoverMyMeds full-time for more than a year

Pros

CoverMyMeds takes their core values to heart and this shows in the way they pursue their mission while still caring for their staff. I really feel like I can come to work and be myself, the culture is collaborative and supportive. There is a huge emphasis on building into their employees and setting them up for success. Many opportunities for Learning & Professional development as well as receiving helpful feedback. I feel as though my leaders care about my growth and what to help take each step in my professional journey. This is a great place to start your career as CoverMyMeds will help you to develop the skills you need to thrive.

Cons

Although the pros still apply, the customer support roles can become monotonous and at times feels like a grind to get through the day.

9. "My Best Place to Work"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at CoverMyMeds full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The connection to the people, our values, and mission. The ability to be ease the burden of the healthcare workers that are doing incredible work to care for patients.

Cons

Growing pains that come with a rapidly changing company

10. "A company that practices what they preach"

4.0
    Current Employee - Account Coordinator in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at CoverMyMeds full-time for more than a year

Pros

I came from a very toxic work environment solely focused on revenue drivers, CoverMyMeds has changed my entire professional outlook. I go to work everyday knowing i'm making an actual difference in our patients lives. They are also ready to bend over backwards to ensure that you meet your personal and professional goals.

Cons

There is an issue with homogeny, but the company has made concerted efforts to focus on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. There can be serious communication problems, but that's a growth problem. The biggest sector of the workforce often functions and behaves in a vacuum and there is little cross-pollination, which makes tackling larger cultural issue that much more difficult.

Found 279 reviews