CoverMyMeds Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
CoverMyMeds Principal and Co-Founder Matt Scantland
Matt Scantland

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work-life balance-- Don't live close to town or have a young family" (in 13 reviews)

• "Free lunch, but they also have bagels and pastries during breakfast sometimes" (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "The company is growing fast, and experiencing some typical growing pains" (in 7 reviews)

• "The organization is still going through some of the growing pains associated with transitioning from a start up to a large company" (in 10 reviews)

1. "Great People, Great Company, Great Vision!"

I have been working at CoverMyMeds full-time

Pros

I've worked for some of the smartest people I know. CoverMyMeds leadership has been straightforward and transparent with their vision and direction they'd like to take the company.

Cons

While the culture is laid back and fun, CoverMyMeds has definitely felt the growing pains of a successful company. Particularly with physical space, and reorganizing teams and finding direct reports for the work you do.

Advice to Management

Continue to put people first! This attitude begets loyalty and hard work from the people who are reporting to you. I am thankful for the humility you all have shown, and how you've valued me personally and professionally.

2. "Best Yet To Come"

I have been working at CoverMyMeds full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I believe CMM's best days are ahead of us. We have so much growth in the works. Just about all our teams seem to be feeling more excited and motivated to continue impacting healthcare.

Cons

We have a lot to do and sometimes not enough time to do it. That can be tough to reason with, because our employees are so driven to do good work.

3. "Account Coordinator"

I have been working at CoverMyMeds full-time

Pros

Awesome benefits. Kind people. Room to grow

Cons

Growing pains from rapid growth

4. "Decent place to work"

Current Employee - Developer in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Developer in Columbus, OH

I have been working at CoverMyMeds (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, reasonable culture, really good work life balance

Cons

lots of growing pains and acquisition pains. Leadership seems mainly in it for the money

"Best Place to Work, Lackluster Position"

Current Employee - Account Coordinator in Columbus, OH

I have been working at CoverMyMeds full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-CoverMyMeds has the most amazing benefits you could ask for!The company pays your insurance premium and provides you with money in an HSA throughout the year. Every day there is amazing food and we have a culinary team who cooks fresh meals with passion. They also are some of the coolest people too.
    -Welcoming environment. At CoverMyMeds you are encouraged to be yourself.
    -It is a job you can see the impact you have on others--we help individuals get access to the medications they need.
    -Management cares and is extremely transparent, honest and upfront about both shortcomings and successes. Management takes employee satisfaction very seriously and actively work to increase the areas they excel and the areas they are struggling.
    -Relaxed working environment
    -Option to work from home, if you choose to
    -Personal trainer and gym in the basement of the building

Cons

-THIS IS A CALL CENTER JOB. You will answer calls and chats at the same time throughout the day. You are supposed to be at your desk throughout the day and must ask for permission to be away from your desk for more than 30 minutes. This is by far the most amazing call center you could ever work for, but that is the job.
    -Time off is limited in Support. You receive 15 PTO days, but only 6 holidays. If you want Christmas Eve off, or the day after thanksgiving, you will need to use your PTO days. I do use my PTO days for family travel. Because of this, I have had to come to work very sick, because I did not want to lose a PTO day. There is no concrete personal time off plan, but you are told you have 15 days of vacation. Taking time off is at the discretion of your supervisor and your experience. This leads to a lot of confusion and ambiguity of your personal time off.
    -This job is very competitive, CoverMyMeds has grown incredibly quickly. While this is amazing, the prospective jobs are limited. You may think you're the best and can work your way up, but so do most other people who are also hired.

Advice to Management

I am so happy to be working for a company that cares about its employees as much as CoverMyMeds does. I feel heard and appreciate the time and effort you put into making CoverMyMeds a great company for all employees. A more clearly defined and executed PTO plan would be appreciated. This would help make time off more equitable between employees. Additionally, even a couple sick days would help! Keep doing what you're doing!

6. "Positive culture, plenty of opportunities to grow"

I have been working at CoverMyMeds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Supervisors are committed to helping their reports develop personalized career paths and work toward professional goals.

In general, there's a high level of transparency from leadership regarding company goals and success metrics.

The company incentivizes learning new skills and contributing beyond the specifics of one's title.

There's a company-wide commitment to making CoverMyMeds a best place to work for everyone.

Cons

Teams can sometimes be siloed.

Advice to Management

As the company grows, keep working to retain the current transparency and personalized attention to professional development.

7. "The first job I have been truly passionate about"

I have been working at CoverMyMeds full-time

Pros

The benefits are great
    The environment is fast-paced but also fun
    Super flexible schedule
    I was thinking about moving but this job has me seeing a career path staying in Columbus

Cons

Because of all the benefits I feel slightly underpaid but it's worth it to be at a job where you like coming in to work and accomplishing things

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing. No company is perfect but this is the closest I have ever seen

8. "Software Developer"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Columbus, OH

I have been working at CoverMyMeds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have grown an awful lot in my time at CMM. Yes, in my technical abilities, but also in my understanding of how to work as part of a high-functioning team, and in the ways I can contribute to the business as a whole.

Software developers have a lot of freedom here, and they wear a lot of different hats. This isn't a good place for people who like to just be given the specs and do what they're told. It's also not a good place for people who aren't really into collaboration. For me, these are all major positives.

Cons

This is a big company now, and your mileage will vary depending on where you end up within it. The skill and style of engineering managers is particularly varied.

9. "Best Work Place in Town!!"

I have been working at CoverMyMeds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company is outstanding. I've never seen a leadership team who was more focused on giving every employee what they need to have a great place to work.

Cons

None! Clear mission, great space, smart people. Perks galore. If you've worked anywhere else there is no way you could be critical of CoverMyMeds

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

10. "CoverMyMeds"

I have been working at CoverMyMeds full-time

Pros

Great team of people to work with. I love the flexible hours and how empowered we are within our teams.

Cons

The organization is still going through some of the growing pains associated with transitioning from a start up to a large company. We are missing some critical processes, but I believe that they will come in time.

Advice to Management

Keep doing everything that you can to preserve the culture. It truly is the people that will keep good employees at the organization far more than things such as pool tables.