CoverMyMeds Reviews | Glassdoor

4.6
CoverMyMeds Principal and Co-Founder Matt Scantland
Matt Scantland

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work-life balance-- Don't live close to town or have a young family" (in 19 reviews)

• "Free lunch EVERY DAY, made fresh by our amazing culinary team" (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • "Growth comes with growing pains - new processes need to launch as the team size changes" (in 15 reviews)

• "The company is growing fast, and experiencing some typical growing pains" (in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best place to work for good reason"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer

I have been working at CoverMyMeds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- This is a company that truly values its employees and treats them extremely well
    - Talent acquisition and retention is a top priority
    - Management is engaged with employees and listens to their input
    - The company is very receptive to remote employees and strives to make them feel like they are part of the team regardless of location
    - Work/life balance is simply outstanding

I've been at CMM for over a year, and it is without a doubt the best place I've ever worked. Coworkers are fantastic and management is superb. I work remotely, but I feel like a part of the local team and of the greater CMM mission and family. I feel valued, feel that my work is appreciated, and also feel supported to pursue non-work related interests. The benefits and perks are also first rate. Also, as an IT engineer, handling issues such as on-call rotation and incident response are important to me, and CMM has fantastic procedures in place for all of it.

Cons

Honestly, any cons I could list would be nitpicky things that really boil down to personal preference. Bottom line, this is a fantastic organization.

Advice to Management

As a relatively new employee, I wasn't around for the small, tight-knit startup days, but you're doing a great job preserving that experience and making people feel like they are part of something meaningful and important. We are growing fast and it's exciting to be a part of it, but remember the roots of CoverMyMeds and I think this will continue to be a first rate place to work!

2. "Grateful"

Current Employee - Customer Operations Manager in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Operations Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at CoverMyMeds full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It’s been a pleasure to call CoverMyMeds home for several years, working with brilliant individuals toward a shared mission of helping patients get the medication they need to live healthy lives. I’ve been fortunate to have advanced my career within our Customer Support team, and I feel rewarded for doing my best work since starting with the company. Even through significant growth, CoverMyMeds has continued to put people first and consider employees’ best interests. While perks are great, ultimately the culture we’ve created of working with phenomenal people to help patients who need us most keeps me feeling motivated and hungry every day. Quite frankly, we are spoiled, and I’m very grateful.

Cons

Rapid growth is exciting, but hard. Strong communication, thought, and planning are critical to thrive through significant growth and change. Because we move so quickly, sometimes as a company we struggle to put in the necessary time and thought ahead of time to ensure we’re on the right path. This then can create the feeling that we’re retroactively ‘putting out fires,’ when sometimes, these challenges could have been prevented proactively. An unintended consequence is that people may feel stretched thin, or that they’re unable to always deliver their best work.

Advice to Management

While what got us here won’t always get us there, sometimes culturally it will. People come to CoverMyMeds for a long-term career and to make a difference, so continue to invest in your employees and be open to ideas for growth opportunities. With any business, change is inevitable, but people love working for CoverMyMeds, and I hope that never changes.

"Still the best place to work"

I have been working at CoverMyMeds full-time

Pros

CoverMyMeds continues to bring together amazing people and a mission of helping patients get the medicines they need to live healthy lives. The result? CoverMyMeds is twice its size just 18 months after the acquisition by McKesson, and there are more career opportunities here for people that want to do big things than anywhere else in Ohio. The new campus in Franklinton is a testament that CoverMyMeds is building something that will last for a very long time.

The company has never been perfect, and high growth is hard. But the opportunity to help hundreds of millions of patients, together with the values and culture that has been created by the employees here make this a journey that is worth taking for people that want to do more in their career than they can do anywhere else.

Cons

The growth here means this is really a new company every year, so it isn't the place for people that don't like change.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on the right people working on the right things and there is no limit to what is possible.

4. "Wouldn't Want To Be Anywhere Else"

I have been working at CoverMyMeds full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

CoverMyMeds continues to think about the future and evolution of healthcare and how we can continue to be the leader in the space. Employees are given the autonomy to do what they do best and the resources to create amazing solutions for the betterment of the patient. Employees are supported in their efforts to not only improve CoverMyMeds but also their communities.

Cons

I do not necessarily see the following as a con but there are some in the organization that do and that is - structure. To move beyond the young days and take on bigger and better challenges, additional structure is necessary.

Advice to Management

Continue to lead by example, keep the lines of communication flowing and remember the great assets that got us where we are today and where we will go in the future.

5. "Great Place to Grow"

I have been working at CoverMyMeds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A stable mid-sized company that still allows the entrepreneurial spirit. A lot of really smart and hard working people who really care about the mission.

Cons

Things change fast and work-life balance can be a challenge during certain times of the year.

6. "Best Place to Work (But really, it is)"

I have been working at CoverMyMeds full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employees are treated like adults and genuinely encouraged to be ourselves. We have such a wide and amazing range of skills, talents, and personalities and I genuinely work with some of the smartest and most wonderful people who are truly interested in making a difference. Benefits are great, and the company works hard to truly support a healthy work-life balance.

Cons

The company has grown very quickly in a short amount of time, and there have been some understandable growing pains. Even so, management works hard to keep things moving in a good direction. Every job will have its occasional frustrations, but I am overall very happy with my job so my genuine complaints are things like, "sometimes I eat too many of the delicious free snacks."

7. "I love working at CoverMyMeds"

Current Employee - N/A in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - N/A in Columbus, OH

I have been working at CoverMyMeds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Weekly 1:1 meeting with your manager
    - Transparency throughout the company
    - Focus on development & creating personal development plans
    - Passion for the community & volunteering
    - Focus on making our workspace great and comfortable

Cons

This is not necessarily a con but change is inevitable. You have to learn to roll with the punches.

Advice to Management

Continue investing in training and developing the talent that you have. Thanks for setting the standard so high!

8. "Growth & Opportunity Done Right"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at CoverMyMeds part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Amazing leadership
    - Ton of growth opportunity (to take advantage of as an employee to go above and beyond in your work and/or move around in the company)
    - Important Mission to help patients get the medications they need
    - An innate drive for innovation and not settling for lack-luster results or a lack-luster employee experience

Cons

- Growth comes with growing pains - new processes need to launch as the team size changes. Not everything scales gracefully, but that's OK - the growth provides a lot of opportunities and I prefer to be in an environment where I can have an impact on how we do things as we grow.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Continue to provide transparency in our growth. Continue to support your employees (I feel incredibly supported now). Continue to push for big results in an ambitious way. Continue to create amazing opportunities for everyone at the company. Continue to create more jobs for our community. Continue to never settle for anything other than amazing results!

9. "The Best Place I've Ever Worked!"

I have been working at CoverMyMeds full-time

Pros

Prior to working at CoverMyMeds, I had always preferred to work for small companies. I never felt as if I was valued in the "corporate" world. While CMM might be a large and rapidly growing company, it feels like one big, happy family. The day to day is fast paced, and yes, sometimes the workload can feel like it's a bit too much. But everywhere you turn, you see smiling faces. You hear laughter and you see lots of positive collaboration. The company truly does allow you to feel as if you can be yourself at work and be valued for who you are and what you bring to the table. Work/life balance is a real thing here. We exist to help people get more of what they need in life and the company works hard to ensure that their employees get what they need out of life as well.

Cons

Sometimes you feel like you're swimming upstream when it comes to your work load. That there's no option for breathing room. But even so, all you have to do is sit back and think about all of the wonderful and endless perks we are offered and it makes it much easier to be appreciative to be a part of this growing company and all it has to offer the community and it's employees.

10. "Best place to work!"

I have been working at CoverMyMeds full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great career growth opportunities
    - Leadership is focused on individual professional development plans
    - Wonderful culture & benefits

Cons

- Growing pains can be tough for some, but I feel the leadership team has handled the process with care.