CoverMyMeds Reviews | Glassdoor

4.7
CoverMyMeds Principal and Co-Founder Matt Scantland
Matt Scantland

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work/life balance is simply outstanding" (in 23 reviews)

• "Free lunch EVERY DAY, made fresh by our amazing culinary team" (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • "The company is growing fast, and experiencing some typical growing pains" (in 10 reviews)

• "Growth comes with growing pains - new processes need to launch as the team size changes" (in 15 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best place to work for good reason"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer

I have been working at CoverMyMeds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- This is a company that truly values its employees and treats them extremely well
    - Talent acquisition and retention is a top priority
    - Management is engaged with employees and listens to their input
    - The company is very receptive to remote employees and strives to make them feel like they are part of the team regardless of location
    - Work/life balance is simply outstanding

I've been at CMM for over a year, and it is without a doubt the best place I've ever worked. Coworkers are fantastic and management is superb. I work remotely, but I feel like a part of the local team and of the greater CMM mission and family. I feel valued, feel that my work is appreciated, and also feel supported to pursue non-work related interests. The benefits and perks are also first rate. Also, as an IT engineer, handling issues such as on-call rotation and incident response are important to me, and CMM has fantastic procedures in place for all of it.

Cons

Honestly, any cons I could list would be nitpicky things that really boil down to personal preference. Bottom line, this is a fantastic organization.

Advice to Management

As a relatively new employee, I wasn't around for the small, tight-knit startup days, but you're doing a great job preserving that experience and making people feel like they are part of something meaningful and important. We are growing fast and it's exciting to be a part of it, but remember the roots of CoverMyMeds and I think this will continue to be a first rate place to work!

2. "Best company I've worked for"

Current Employee - Software Developer
    Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at CoverMyMeds full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy working at CoverMyMeds. I feel lucky to work for a company that hits so many important facets of a healthy and productive workplace and still continues to try to challenge itself to be better every day. The energy is contagious and the mission is meaningful. You can't beat it. A few things that stand out in particular:
    -The company is growing but individual employees are still incredibly valued
    -Excellent work/life balance
    -Meaningful core values that I see lived out in my coworkers on a daily basis
    -Challenging but realistic expectations in job duties

Cons

I don't have any cons at the moment; as is common to note in a growing company, I acknowledge that scaling this kind of culture can be difficult but remain optimistic based on what I've seen thus far!

3. "Upward Funnel"

Current Employee - Account Coordinator
    Current Employee - Account Coordinator

I have been working at CoverMyMeds full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great healthcare, young fun environment, free lunch

Cons

Do not take a position here on the Support Team if you are looking for any upward mobility within the next 2+ years. Things here are constantly changing with no stability. Have hired 60+ people since my start date a few months ago. Senior people, with a great internal resume in this role have applied for internal promotions 2-3x with no luck. It won’t be long before people start to leave, realizing promotions are going to take longer and longer to achieve. Also, this company will have you working “shifts” until as late as 11 pm. This is a customer service call center which may be unfulfilling work for most college graduates

Advice to Management

It is going to become harder and harder to keep college educated folks happy working unconventional hours at a glorified customer service call center. Consider remote employees/an office on the West coast to better the hours for east coast employees. Promotions with the Support team are considered okay for some people but that does not satisfy everyone striving for more than the Support team. Provide more exposure for Support employees to other parts of the company.

4. "My best place to work!"

I have been working at CoverMyMeds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyday I’m excited to come to work because CoverMyMeds lives its mission by holistically focusing on the patients and how we can help them live healthier lives. Innovation, company mission, and our core values are truly valued when discussing our service offerings and employees are always encouraged to be an idea person- no matter your position or tenure. The work is fresh and exciting, and it is clear that the executive and management teams expect great things from their employees. In return, the company treats employees with care and respect, while fostering a company culture that is unmatched. The excellent benefits, work life balance, and perks are icing on the cake and unlike anything I’ve seen with other companies.

Cons

The fast-paced environment can present challenges and keeping up with shifting priorities can be intimidating, especially when you are a new employee. However, management does its best to keep everyone informed on the company’s focus and resources aligned fairly.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep your finger on the pulse of company culture. Knowing what keeps employees motivated will keep top talent in place, as well as understanding the importance of work life balance and

5. "Employee Focused"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at CoverMyMeds full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Supports work/life integration
    - Always changing
    - Always challenges
    - Excellent lunches
    - Awesome people

Cons

- Running out of office space

Advice to Management

- Invest in and build your future leaders from within the organization

6. "The grass is greener on the west coast"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer

I have been working at CoverMyMeds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Lots of learning opportunity
    - Being able to work on novel solutions to complex healthcare problems
    - Great work/life balance
    - Fair bonus/raise structure
    - Free coffee / snacks / lunch / etc. in office
    - Cool equipment (primarily the motorized standing desks)

Cons

- Cliquey
    - Medical/Dental/Vision insurance (poorest coverage I've personally seen at a large tech company)
    - Support for remote employees' equipment (I've been waiting 8 weeks for a replacement laptop)
    - Cash compensation (it's OK, but not competitive)
    - Options packages (some of us have them, but it's my understanding that this isn't very common)

Advice to Management

Offer competitive compensation packages, including medical benefits, to attract and retain talent.

"I enjoy coming to work everyday!"

Current Employee - Analytics in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Analytics in Columbus, OH

I have been working at CoverMyMeds full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am fairly new to CoverMyMeds, but it has so far been a great experience. They have a very good on-boarding process that is very professional and a lot better than what I have seen at other companies, although they definitely throw a lot of information at you. All of the people that I have met have been excellent, and everyone is very willing to answer your questions and help you out. This is a huge differentiator from other places that I have worked, and it makes it so much more enjoyable to come to work everyday. Looking at the company from the outside for at least a couple of years, it is evident that employees can be promoted up from within the company. So I hope that this trend continues as it is one of the big benefits that attracted me to CMM.

The perks are obviously amazing:
    100% premiums paid for health insurance for entire family
    Lunch is provided everyday
    Free parking

Cons

I have not seen any big cons in my short time here, and it is a struggle to find any negatives. One thing that I have noticed is that at times it can be difficult to schedule a conference room, particularly when more than a few people are needed at the meeting. Also, the parking is at a garage that is about a 10-15 minute walk from the building, but they do have a shuttle that runs between the garage and the building. Neither of these issues are very big in my mind, and they are largely outweighed by the vast amount of positives of working at CMM.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture of rewarding your employees and promoting from within.

"Hires smart people, then gets out of their way"

Current Employee - Database Engineer in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Database Engineer in Columbus, OH

I have been working at CoverMyMeds full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Works very hard to bring in the best talent, then trusts them to get the job done by letting them play to their strengths in a results (not process) driven environment.

Cons

No cons at this time.

9. "Plan on staying a while!"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Columbus, OH

I have been working at CoverMyMeds full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

At CoverMyMeds you can equally make a difference in people's lives while making a substantial impact in your career trajectory. Easy-going atmosphere that is welcoming and open to all questions. Contributions are celebrated and rewarded on all levels. They value both career and personal development and put plans in place to advance both. In being here just short of a year, I can already say that my experience and technical skill has increased exponentially. Not to mention the best work perks and benefits I've had in my career.

Cons

Hard pressed to find any. Unless you live downtown, the commute and off-site parking can be a negative. Open office environment and seating can take some getting used to if you like privacy to work. However, there are many sitting nooks and community areas where you can find you own space.

"High growth healthcare tech company with very unique culture."

I have been working at CoverMyMeds full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

High growth company focused on driving innovation and change within the healthcare space. CoverMyMeds is a mission-driven organization that is making a significant impact on people's lives. Very unique company culture with excellent benefits and perks that you will not find at other companies.

Cons

CoverMyMeds has moved from startup to scaleup, which brings many opportunities. However, many processes are either lacking or still being defined. For those that need clearly defined processes to thrive, this will likely be a frustrating environment. However, for those who enjoy a fast pace, solving problems and developing new solutions, this is a great environment with many opportunities to drive meaningful change.

Advice to Management

First, continue to drive collaboration across teams and functions towards shared goals. Given CMM's scale and growth, this collaboration is becoming even more critical. Second, continue to ensure leaders remain focused on the mission and ultimately the patients we are supporting through our solutions.