CoverMyMeds Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 13, 2018

Full-timePart-time

4.5

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work-life balance-- Don't live close to town or have a young family (in 13 reviews)

• Free lunch, but they also have bagels and pastries during breakfast sometimes (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • The company is growing fast, and experiencing some typical growing pains (in 7 reviews)

• There are some growing pains as a result of rapid growth (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Account Coordinator"

Current Employee - Account Coordinator in Columbus, OH

I have been working at CoverMyMeds full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

CoverMyMeds is an awesome place to work! My coworkers are positive, friendly, and encouraging. The management is supportive, and your ideas are welcome and valued. I've been working here for about 6 months, and I love it! CoverMyMeds really values your work/life balance, and I even get to work from home part time! During my short time with the company, I've seen several of my coworkers advance to new positions full of new challenges, which is so exciting and shows me how much the company values and believes in their employees. It's a place where you can really be your self.

Cons

It's honestly difficult to think of any cons. This company values their employees. I feel confident that if I stick with it I will have the opportunity to advance eventually, the compensation and benefits are great, it's an excellent work/life balance, and it's such a positive culture/environment to be a part of.

Advice to Management

My only advice to the management is to keep up the great work! I'm looking forward to watching CoverMyMeds grow and thrive in the future!

2. "The first job I have been truly passionate about"

I have been working at CoverMyMeds full-time

Pros

The benefits are great
    The environment is fast-paced but also fun
    Super flexible schedule
    I was thinking about moving but this job has me seeing a career path staying in Columbus

Cons

Because of all the benefits I feel slightly underpaid but it's worth it to be at a job where you like coming in to work and accomplishing things

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing. No company is perfect but this is the closest I have ever seen

3. "Software Developer"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Columbus, OH

I have been working at CoverMyMeds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have grown an awful lot in my time at CMM. Yes, in my technical abilities, but also in my understanding of how to work as part of a high-functioning team, and in the ways I can contribute to the business as a whole.

Software developers have a lot of freedom here, and they wear a lot of different hats. This isn't a good place for people who like to just be given the specs and do what they're told. It's also not a good place for people who aren't really into collaboration. For me, these are all major positives.

Cons

This is a big company now, and your mileage will vary depending on where you end up within it. The skill and style of engineering managers is particularly varied.

4. "Best Work Place in Town!!"

I have been working at CoverMyMeds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company is outstanding. I've never seen a leadership team who was more focused on giving every employee what they need to have a great place to work.

Cons

None! Clear mission, great space, smart people. Perks galore. If you've worked anywhere else there is no way you could be critical of CoverMyMeds

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

5. "CoverMyMeds"

I have been working at CoverMyMeds full-time

Pros

Great team of people to work with. I love the flexible hours and how empowered we are within our teams.

Cons

The organization is still going through some of the growing pains associated with transitioning from a start up to a large company. We are missing some critical processes, but I believe that they will come in time.

Advice to Management

Keep doing everything that you can to preserve the culture. It truly is the people that will keep good employees at the organization far more than things such as pool tables.

"Weak middle management/ no opportunities to advance"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at CoverMyMeds full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free lunch, free beer, free parking downtown, business has exciting ideas in the healthcare space

Cons

Leadership is very weak and not experienced, no opportunity for advancement, touts work from home and unlimited vacation- both not true for our team! Inconsistent policies across the company create confusion and mistrust. Very little HR leadership in enforcing and applying the same culture across the entire company.

Advice to Management

Managers are managers based solely on how long they have worked at CMM, and many leaders do not value prior work experience in industry. We have late twenty-somethings/ early thirty-somethings that are in leadership because they've been at CMM longest. This is a huge mistake. We don't have experienced managers in our vertical that will help us grow with the business opportunities. Don’t create positions and post when they were made for one specific person. Give everyone equal chances in new positions. Don’t tout work from home when we can’t work from home. Vacation is two weeks, so I’d start stating that to new applicants. There’s a very “us” vs. “you guys” mentality with managers and the rest of the team. They are privy to knowledge and don't share the vision and strategy downward with the team, but we are expected to own and manage customer facing accounts that puts us in a tough position to succeed. This company needs to wake up and find strong leaders if it wants to continue to grow. Our team overall is very unhappy and a lot of us are looking for other opportunities due to these issues.

Mar 5, 2018 – Employee

Thank you for taking the time to give us this feedback. I take it very seriously and am sorry that your experience does not match our intentions. I would appreciate a chance to speak with you about... More

"Glorified Call Center"

Current Employee - Account Coordinator
    Current Employee - Account Coordinator

I have been working at CoverMyMeds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is doing great things and there are great benefits to working here including free beer and lunch. Positions outside the support team are able to flourish and do great things.

Cons

Working on the support team (account coordinator/specialist) has started to feel like working at a call center. The support leadership micromanages everything you will do and your job will just be answering phones and chats all day. They will give you extra "responsibilities" but that's only within the support team and will provide little to no additional experience or connections outside of that team. Moving up in the company is next to impossible as advancement opportunities come up rarely and you have to compete against several other team members because they interview everyone.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to your support leadership. They are taking a job that had a lot of opportunity and reward to a job that is micromanaged and stressful. Your motto is "this is not just a job, it's a career" and that could not be farther from the truth on the support team.

Mar 5, 2018 – Employee

Thank you for your feedback, as it is greatly appreciated. We know with our rapid growth and the additional responsibilities we’ve taken on there is room for improvement. Our focus is on developing... More

8. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Manager in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at CoverMyMeds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CoverMyMeds is a great place to work! Along with perks like a casual work environment, flexible hours, free lunch and coffee, the company really cares about the people. A lot of companies say that but CoverMyMeds really walks the talk. Also, everyone is so great and were so welcoming when I started.

Cons

The only con I can think of at the moment is that there is no parking on sight, but the company pays for offsite parking, so that makes up for it.

9. "Account Coordinator"

I have been working at CoverMyMeds full-time

Pros

I have been with CoverMyMeds some time now and coming to work for this organization was one of the best things I could have done for myself both personally and professionally.

My Top 3 Pros:

1. Work-life balance-- Don't live close to town or have a young family? The option to work from home is on the table. Need an extra day or two off from work? Keep communication open, the flexible PTO is a great perk, but this isn't unlimited time off ;) Keep it humble and be aware. Did I mention there are canoes and bikes to take out for a ride? We are right on the Scioto River, grab a friend and a free beer from the snack bar and head down to the river for some kayaking or take a bike for a stroll.

2. Health is important here-- Standing desks, free healthy lunches, snacks and drinks (again, free!) and smoothie Thursdays/oatmeal bars are just some of my favorite things.

3. You have read it before and you're about to read it again, THE PEOPLE. When I came to CMM, I transitioned from a previous job where every question was a stupid one, people were cold and it was tough to go to work every day. This is SO not the case here. The people I work with are amazing, helpful, kind and never a dull moment. Everyone shares the same values here so sparking up a conversation has never been so easy with your co-workers. I love it.

Cons

Everyone has room to improve right?? Well, CMM is doing a pretty good job, but if I had to choose my bottom 3 Cons, they'd be the following--

1. Communication has its struggles, but this is common with a company who is growing so fast. While communication may slip through the cracks, transparency from management helps you know where things stand.

2. If you are someone who it a 9-5er, you may struggle getting used to a new shift when the time comes such as 12-8 or even 8-4. But hey, be a team player, doesn't last forever :)

3. Parking, CMM is located at the Miranova building in downtown, Columbus. For many of us, parking for work is about a 10-minute walk from our building. There is a free shuttle, but add an extra 30 min to your commute if you want to hop it and hope to make work on time. But hey, walking isn't that bad either :)

"Full of Politics and Hubris"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Columbus, OH

I worked at CoverMyMeds full-time

Pros

Free beer
    Free lunch
    You can coast for a while here

Cons

You'll never stop hearing about how awesome it is to work here
    Unlimited Vacation*
    On-site Parking*

Advice to Management

You should give your employees a better chance to grow. There's no safe place for criticism without retribution on your own rapport.

Feb 27, 2018 – Employee

I'm sorry we didn't meet your expectations. I would love the chance to hear from you about what you think we could have done better to allow you to grow, which is something we hope to make possible... More