67% would recommend to a friend
(817 total reviews)
90% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Most benefits good." (in 74 reviews)
- "'Able to work with great people that are wanting to advance in their careers'" (in 65 reviews)
- "There are no pros here....just good pay by covidien...it is all about numbers here....good profitable company" (in 39 reviews)
- "company pays fairly good salary" (in 21 reviews)
- "There is a good work/life balance and the company has summer hours where you can work 40 hours a week M" (in 20 reviews)
- "Bad Management and totally mismanged" (in 44 reviews)
- "Getting a bad manager can ruin your entire career." (in 26 reviews)
- "Upper management does not care about anyone but themselves." (in 20 reviews)
- "Bc there is no leadership and managed poorly they cut and restructure constantly." (in 19 reviews)
- "Medtronic acquired Covidien and culture has changed." (in 15 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Covidien and is not affected by filters.
Found 817 of over 925 reviews
Updated Mar 2, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 4.0Feb 20, 2023HR SpecialistCurrent Employee
career development opportunities open multicultural environment
low salary range instable environment, high staff rotation rate lack of continuity in process flows, constant changes
- 2.0Dec 15, 2021DirectorFormer Employee, more than 1 yearNorth Haven, CT
Overall good people to work with. Professional in most respects.
VET executives more carefully. Ageism was prevalent. New VP eliminated Manager in dept. Then proceeded to eliminate everyone in dept over 40 in 2 years. Then that VP was fired.2
Covidien Reviews FAQs
Covidien has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 925 reviews left anonymously by employees. 67% of employees would recommend working at Covidien to a friend and 57% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.
67% of Covidien employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Covidien 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.