Covisint Reviews | Glassdoor

2.3
Covisint Chief Executive Officer Sam Inman III
Sam Inman III

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Open to allowing employees to sometime work from home (in 8 reviews)

• Good people who respect each other (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management make promises to customers that cannot be achieved, eventually setting everyone up for failure (in 7 reviews)

• Weak management team - no vision and leadership (in 5 reviews)

1. "Create your own path"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Covisint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coolest technology around with some of the most innovative people in the IT industry. If you work hard, it is recognized and people will think of you as the SME in your domain.

Cons

It is a culture of working very hard and performing at a high level all of the time. Sometimes, as an employee, you have to step away and take a vacation or personal day.

Advice to Management

To keep moving forward with the employee programs and be transparent about the direction of Covisint.

"Happy I came to Covisint"

I have been working at Covisint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Beautiful building located in prime real estate in downtown Detroit. Talented and passionate co-workers. Cloud tech company started in 2000 with start-up mentality but also a solid rep. Exposure to all levels in the company. Fast-paced and challenging, great if you're looking to absorb info and grow your career.

Cons

Growing pains after seperation from Compuware...new processes, systems and departments need to be redefined and implemented so things run less like a start-up.

Advice to Management

Better communication, and focus on culture.

"IoT Leader"

Current Employee - Director of Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Covisint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Covisint has re-invented and re-positioned itself right in the middle of the hottest trend in the industry; IoT. Strong start-up look and feel, solid mission-critical solution, an existing customer based comprised of many of the who’s who in business. If you are looking for an opportunity to make a different and get involved with a company that’s going to change the world go to our website, www.covisint.com and apply!

Cons

Lots of important work to get done

"Senior Product Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Covisint is currently going through an exciting period of cultural and organizational change. The shift of strategy is already being appreciated by market analysts. The company changed 50% of the top management, on-boarded top notch Silicon Valley Executives and opened a wonderful office in SF for the Product and Marketing organization, with an outstanding startup-like culture. In In the Detroit HQ, there are plenty of world class talents and domain experts that are being complemented by West Coast talents (compensated competitively). They are creating compelling IoT solutions and the business outlook is extremely positive. Very friendly and motivated people who want to make the difference. People turnover is extremely low.

Cons

The SF office is not for people who are looking for a 9-5 job. You have to be prepared to work hard and you will be rewarded for doing that. You have to be able to thrive into a highly uncertain environment that reflects the intrinsic fluidity of the IoT space.

Advice to Management

Keep letting people express themselves to unleash their full potential also after the change process will be over.

"Reboot in Progress, Looking Good"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Covisint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of new faces. Excellent energy with everyone looking ahead. I enjoy going to work to face and solve real and exciting challenges. I am able to contribute to building something great by benefiting from an excellent foundation of years of being in business.

Cons

Lots of traveling to Detroit, which overall is a great experience on business side, but be prepared for the time away.

Advice to Management

Continue to build more business processes and shoot for the moon.

"Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Center Line, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Center Line, MI

I have been working at Covisint (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible work life, lots of employee events, great location, great work space, fun place to work

Cons

I don't really have any cons.

"Good"

Pros

I am happy at Covisint so far. My team members are very nice, my manager supporting and I like where we are heading with our platform. I have made great professional and personal friendships over the years.

Cons

The company's changing and a few folks are not embracing it. That leads to pockets of negativity, including exaggerations like some Glassdor reviews and other forms of "loud" venting that do not represent my experience and that of most of my coworkers.

"Loved it"

Pros

Got to work from home. Awesome manager and director.

Cons

growth opportunity was lacking in my area

"Everyone is very nice and great to get along with, and very helpful."

Current Employee - Software Quality Analyst in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Software Quality Analyst in Detroit, MI

Pros

The people who I work with are just really down to earth and very good people. Everyone has a job to do and they do it. My team lead and manager are very understanding of when I need to take time off or just need to work from home in order to take care of things. Love working with all the big time projects like DMC, GM, AT&T and many more companies.

Cons

For being a Technology company, we are like 10 years behind on the technology and tools which we use in order to do our job. Also no room to learn new things, because as a SQA Engineer here your not allowed access to the SQL Databases nor any of the other servers which are needed in order to perform our job. We have to put a request in for a team to do this for us.

Advice to Management

Listen to the Engineers on the projects instead of just the PM's and Managers.

"Company review"

Current Employee - Delivery Manager in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Delivery Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Covisint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Latest technology to work with

Cons

Org structure needs to be reviewed