Covisint Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Sam Inman III

Pros
  • Open to allowing employees to sometime work from home (in 8 reviews)

• The work/life balance and compensation is also great (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management make promises to customers that cannot be achieved, eventually setting everyone up for failure (in 7 reviews)

• Weak management team - no vision and leadership (in 5 reviews)

1. "Create your own path"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Covisint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coolest technology around with some of the most innovative people in the IT industry. If you work hard, it is recognized and people will think of you as the SME in your domain.

Cons

It is a culture of working very hard and performing at a high level all of the time. Sometimes, as an employee, you have to step away and take a vacation or personal day.

Advice to Management

To keep moving forward with the employee programs and be transparent about the direction of Covisint.

"Happy I came to Covisint"

I have been working at Covisint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Beautiful building located in prime real estate in downtown Detroit. Talented and passionate co-workers. Cloud tech company started in 2000 with start-up mentality but also a solid rep. Exposure to all levels in the company. Fast-paced and challenging, great if you're looking to absorb info and grow your career.

Cons

Growing pains after seperation from Compuware...new processes, systems and departments need to be redefined and implemented so things run less like a start-up.

Advice to Management

Better communication, and focus on culture.

"IoT Leader"

Current Employee - Director of Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Covisint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Covisint has re-invented and re-positioned itself right in the middle of the hottest trend in the industry; IoT. Strong start-up look and feel, solid mission-critical solution, an existing customer based comprised of many of the who’s who in business. If you are looking for an opportunity to make a different and get involved with a company that’s going to change the world go to our website, www.covisint.com and apply!

Cons

Lots of important work to get done

"Senior Product Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Covisint is currently going through an exciting period of cultural and organizational change. The shift of strategy is already being appreciated by market analysts. The company changed 50% of the top management, on-boarded top notch Silicon Valley Executives and opened a wonderful office in SF for the Product and Marketing organization, with an outstanding startup-like culture. In In the Detroit HQ, there are plenty of world class talents and domain experts that are being complemented by West Coast talents (compensated competitively). They are creating compelling IoT solutions and the business outlook is extremely positive. Very friendly and motivated people who want to make the difference. People turnover is extremely low.

Cons

The SF office is not for people who are looking for a 9-5 job. You have to be prepared to work hard and you will be rewarded for doing that. You have to be able to thrive into a highly uncertain environment that reflects the intrinsic fluidity of the IoT space.

Advice to Management

Keep letting people express themselves to unleash their full potential also after the change process will be over.

"Reboot in Progress, Looking Good"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Covisint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of new faces. Excellent energy with everyone looking ahead. I enjoy going to work to face and solve real and exciting challenges. I am able to contribute to building something great by benefiting from an excellent foundation of years of being in business.

Cons

Lots of traveling to Detroit, which overall is a great experience on business side, but be prepared for the time away.

Advice to Management

Continue to build more business processes and shoot for the moon.

"Challenging and rewarding"

I have been working at Covisint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great employees at all levels who are driven to do the right thing for the company and its customers. Both in Southfield and San Fran.

- Many companies claim to play in IoT but Covisint is one of few with actual offerings running (connected vehicle). The identity stack is an industry best.

- Very good benefits for a company of this size.

Cons

- Execs and managers are approachable (more than in my previous jobs) but company communications need further improvements.

- Lots of (former) employees are bad-mouthing the company while saying that the people and the technology are outstanding. Hard to understand.

Advice to Management

Help everyone grow and succeed in their roles. Communicate more effectively what the company stands for.

"Good company, smart people"

Pros

Smart people who care about there work, strong platform, large customers who use the products for critical business

Cons

Tries hard to have a start up culture but sometimes should move faster

"Company with great product"

I have been working at Covisint full-time

Pros

Strong company, innovative technology, some very dedicate people. Benefits and salaries are also competitive. Fellow employees are smart and motivated to succeed.

Cons

Teams appear to be doubling effort in some places. Processes sometimes can be a challenge. The company is changing and with that comes some growing pains.

Advice to Management

Keep growing

"Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Center Line, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Center Line, MI

I have been working at Covisint (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible work life, lots of employee events, great location, great work space, fun place to work

Cons

I don't really have any cons.

"Good"

Pros

I am happy at Covisint so far. My team members are very nice, my manager supporting and I like where we are heading with our platform. I have made great professional and personal friendships over the years.

Cons

The company's changing and a few folks are not embracing it. That leads to pockets of negativity, including exaggerations like some Glassdor reviews and other forms of "loud" venting that do not represent my experience and that of most of my coworkers.