Covisint Reviews | Glassdoor

Covisint Reviews

Updated January 11, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Open to allowing employees to sometime work from home (in 8 reviews)

• The work/life balance and compensation is also great (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management make promises to customers that cannot be achieved, eventually setting everyone up for failure (in 7 reviews)

• Weak management team - no vision and leadership (in 5 reviews)

"-"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Southfield, MI

Pros

Good work life balance
    Free coffee

Ratio of managers to "real" developers is 5:1
    Extremely volatile atmosphere which impedes growth

Advice to Management

Set up realistic growth and know what to do to steer the company in the right direction

Covisint Response

Mar 25, 2016 – Human Resources

It is hard to argue the personal reaction that any person expresses relative to their work experience at Covisint. It is, after all, each person’s right to express their personal view of what they ... More

"Sales Rep"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Covisint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Real working technology. Honest hard working technical and engineering teams.

Cons

Lack of strong disciplined execution of corporate strategy in executive team.

Advice to Management

Enforce action consistent with strategy. Honor boundaries of authority among executives.

"wake up to reality"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Covisint full-time

Pros

finally we started to get some training

Cons

most valuable people leaving, no replacements for them however they keep hiring VPs, way too many for the size of this company , people working lots of hours with no recognition, too much enthusiasm for San Francisco office.

"Reboot in Progress, Looking Good"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Covisint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of new faces. Excellent energy with everyone looking ahead. I enjoy going to work to face and solve real and exciting challenges. I am able to contribute to building something great by benefiting from an excellent foundation of years of being in business.

Cons

Lots of traveling to Detroit, which overall is a great experience on business side, but be prepared for the time away.

Advice to Management

Continue to build more business processes and shoot for the moon.

"Can never go back"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I worked at Covisint (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wonderful dedicated employees and team work

Cons

everyone working long hours and kept in the dark on the status of the company and now way to be promoted

"Bad Business practices and sneaky executive team"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

I worked at Covisint full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Not much on the positive side anymore. The people were the best! But those people are gone now.

Cons

What company do you know of that doesn't have a clear vision? Doesn't invest in their employees and HR reps who run and hide and visibly act like they don't like PEOPLE? This company is winging it and failing. The way loyal and long-time southfield based employees are treated by executives and others who are newer to the company especially those attitudes in San Francisco is down right disgusting!

Advice to Management

I'm CERTAIN they're aware of their previous reviews and I'm sure they just do not care. My advice to job seekers is to not waste your time with this place!

"Don't Believe That Last Post"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Covisint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They pay at or above market rates for executive positions because it is so difficult to get someone to work for Covisint these days. If you can land one of those positions, then at least you'll be well paid.

Cons

Too many to name. The current issues begin with the CEO who doesn't have a clue about how to revive this dying business and doesn't listen to others around him. At the end of the day, Sam Inman calls the shots. Note the stock price decline from $13/share to $2.06/share over the past two years. The rats are jumping from the sinking ship. There has already been a mass exodus of talent and the rest of the most qualified staff members are seeking other employment.

Advice to Management

First you need to impeach the CEO. Then you need to figure out how to create a business model to deliver "the Internet of Things" and where you fit in the greater ecosystem.

"Needed a shake-up"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Detroit, MI

I worked at Covisint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Covisint has amazing technology and some of the smartest people I've ever had the pleasure of working with. A great company to have on your resume and a launching pad for further success

Cons

Management was abusive. Not setup as a true SaaS sales organization. Every deal was a custom solution with a large services component and proposals took an act of God to gain consensus on internally. Tough to build a pipeline of business and weren't competitive against true SaaS/PaaS players.

Advice to Management

A lot of the required changes appear from the outside to have been put in place after the post-IPO management shake-up. Sounds like a much more civilized place to work.

"Great place for people who want to have impact"

Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Covisint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I recently joined Covisint, and am thrilled to be here. The company has gone through a lot of changes, but are a pivotal transition point from being a service company to a leading IoT and identity-centric platform company. There is an entirely new executive leadership team, and there are a lot of exciting changes happening from product and culture stand point. We are fundamentally changing who we are as a company and what we do. This provides people a lot of opportunity change the way they think, be creative, and build a winning product! The people are very hard working, collaborative, and committed. As the company is working to be a trail blazer in the industry, there is a lot of great work to do, so this is great place for someone who wants to roll up their sleeves, work hard, and drive real business results.

Cons

The company is going through a change, so although this is not a con, it doesn't take time to change your DNA.

Advice to Management

Create a fluid information and management flow between senior executive to individual contributors. Need better layers of management.

"Tough place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I worked at Covisint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Met lot of good people, and worked with some great technology; location down-town was nice (but their in Southfield now); good interaction with people on my team

Cons

Management style was harsh to the point of being almost abusive - I heard of 2 different VPs driving home in tears over how they were talked to...and these were solid 20+ year men who were plenty tough for business....

Advice to Management

Fix the culture of the place - keep cleaning out the old guard, and search for positive, experienced leaders who can make it a great place to be.