Covisint Reviews | Glassdoor

Covisint Reviews

Updated September 18, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Open to allowing employees to sometime work from home (in 8 reviews)

• Good people who respect each other (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Weak management team - no vision and leadership (in 5 reviews)

• Lack of integrity in senior management (in 4 reviews)

"Happy to work here"

Pros

Good people who respect each other. Work cadence is reasonable and there is flexibility around hours. Enteprise customers with large deployments and stable revenues.

Cons

Not enough free lunches or social activities in the office. This would help all employees better connect and work together.

Advice to Management

More frequent team mixers and town hall discussions.

"Awful executives make the sinking ship down faster"

I have been working at Covisint full-time

Pros

HR tried their best to organize many activities
    Facilities tried their best to make the office neat and modern

Cons

Weak management team - no vision and leadership
    Corrupted culture - can't attract and keep talent
    Innovation blocker - no motivation and investment on real product
    Power struggle among executives - employees become sacrifice

Advice to Management

Remove or replace the management (especially in San Francisco) before they ruin the company even further
    Refresh your vision, identify your key strength, and focus on real things that generate value
    Have ears to listen, and not fooled by your own judgement or a few voices

"Worst people , worst company ever"

Former Employee - Systems Designer/Devoloper in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Systems Designer/Devoloper in Detroit, MI

I worked at Covisint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

NOthing.. Awful company. DONT EVER ACCEPT AN OFFER

Cons

Everything about covisint is bad

Covisint Response

Oct 31, 2016 – Human Resources

Sorry you didn’t have a positive experience. It’s a shame that you did not enjoy any of the activities we offer to our employees such as Take Your Kid To Work Day, Covisint Summer Olympics, Diwali... More

"Recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Good salary, benefits and people

Cons

Poor management. SVP in San Francisco is not a strong leader

"Product, Marketing, Sales"

I worked at Covisint (Less than a year)

Pros

The company attracted some great talent based on the future vision. Entrenched personal highly resistant to change and unable to break free to reinvent itself. Unable to execute on the new vision

Cons

Poor management and vision from the CEO. Senior executives power struggled with old guard vs new guard. No innovation, product and marketing vision flawed.

Advice to Management

Board of Directors: Refresh all Exec staff and focus on your core product offering

"Digital Marketing Manager"

Former Employee - Digital Marketing Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Digital Marketing Manager in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Covisint full-time

Pros

- Worked from home
    - Many great people to work with
    - Excellent lip service about the future of the organization

Cons

- Laid off after 10+ years of exemplary service and offered an deplorable severance package
    - Seriously, they should be embarrassed by the severance offer
    - Could only collect on this abysmal severance package if I signed away every legal right
    - Lied to me about paying accrued vacation and tried to get me to sign away my rights to claim it
    - Consistently told me for months that my employment was safe until they fired me
    - Made it a point at every meeting to discuss how difficult it is to find good people yet did not allow me to apply for other positions in the company
    - Did not receive raises for many years despite excellent performance reviews

Advice to Management

Organizations restructure and employees get laid off all the time. That's just business and something we all have to deal with. Any reputable organization, however, would allow well performing employees that are targeted to be laid off to have some notice that it is coming. That allows employees to find other jobs and transition job duties in an efficient manner. It also gives the appearance that the organization cares about its employees and negates the need for a severance package offer. Speaking of severance, any reputable organization would offer a 10+ year employee severance for 1-2 weeks for every year of service they gave and potentially access to a placement service. Based on the way I was treated, Covisint is NOT a reputable organization and I would caution any potential employee to understand that before taking a job there.

"Avoid Unless You Are DESPERATE"

Pros

* flexible schedule (depending on manager)
    * good health benefits
    * leader in identity stack technologies

Cons

* clueless management
    * no real opportunities for advancement if you are a woman
    * firmly entrenched "boy's club" culture
    * let what was once a VERY good (and leading) healthcare product die and wither on the vine
    * below industry-average wages
    * no substantial bonuses or raises due to horrible stock performance (but execs get THEIR bonuses, of course)

Advice to Management

Quit and let someone who isn't clueless try to salvage this company. You should be thanking your activist investor, Jim Roumell, for opening the conversation to clean management house, and you should take his advice and direction. Insanity is doing the same dumb stuff over and over and expecting a different result!

Your current management doesn't value employees. In the worst cases, you setup good, talented employees for failure by hiring them for one job and then moving them into roles for which they were never intended with absolutely zero mentoring or guidance. Then, to add insult to injury, you fire them and try to deceive them about what wages they are owed upon termination!

You are a company who is pretending to be a start-up while operating with the worst-practices playbook used by industry titans of yore (i.e. the old, OLD automotive industry, your primary customer base). I'm talking pre-union, "let's see how much crap we can heap on employees while demanding their loyalty" management style of the old-school Robber Barons.

You're going to fail, but it couldn't happen to a "nicer" organization. My advice to any remainingemployees is to start looking for greener pastures now and don't go down with the sinking ship and inept Captain!

My final note is that the "excellent" reviews you see here are most likely a result of a request during one of Covisint's "Fireside Chat" meetings. They specifically told current employees to come to GlassDoor and give a good review on the heels of a revelation about their activist investors and complaints of being able to hire and retain employees. So, take those "excellent" reviews with a huge grain of salt! They were probably left by employees who feared for their jobs if they didn't toe the corporate line.

"On the right track"

Pros

Great colleagues. Work on interesting technologies. The positive effects of the changes made over the past year(s) are starting to show.

Cons

A few people need to realize that they should fully embrace the new directions to make the company more successful.

Advice to Management

Share your plans with everyone

"Fair Company"

Pros

Good benefits and fair management

Cons

When shutting down our department, there was a lack of communication

"Get experience and get out"

Pros

Flexible hours, friendly work environment, exposed to a lot of new technologies

Cons

Low pay, high stress, upper management is clueless, no direction

Advice to Management

Figure out exactly what you want the company to do.