Covisint Reviews | Glassdoor

Covisint Reviews

Updated January 11, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Open to allowing employees to sometime work from home (in 8 reviews)

• The work/life balance and compensation is also great (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management make promises to customers that cannot be achieved, eventually setting everyone up for failure (in 7 reviews)

• Weak management team - no vision and leadership (in 5 reviews)

"Believe in the cause - it will be great."

Pros

1) The people. You can not find better people to go in the trenches with - both in Detroit and SF.
    2) The technology. World-class. Runs some of the coolest, high-profile "connected digital experiences" for large, global enterprises.
    3) The market. Technology is poised to capitalize on where the market is heading.

Cons

1) Change. Company has been in a transition phase, and it has taken fairly longer than folks have expected - but, the horizon looks great for the next growth phase of the company.
    2) Chatter. People have come. People have left. A lot of great people. It is there choice to move on if need be.

Advice to Management

1) Talk to the company. Reinforce and communicate focus. Embrace loyalty of people across the board.

"Oh, What Could Have Been"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

I worked at Covisint (More than a year)

Pros

- Some managers were insistent on purchasing excellent technology for their teams and I was one of the lucky ones.
    - As the HR responder has mentioned, Covisint was generous with food sometimes. Of course, not everyone appreciates being acknowledged with burritos. The coffee was very good, the cafeteria was spacious and a way to escape.
    - The benefits were very competitive, the salary very fair. Again, if you have the right manager, working from home was not only allowed but encouraged.
    - Unlimited sick time is a benefit that I wish more companies would understand keeps the rest of the company healthy.
    - Contrary to other reviewers, I loved Sam. I would have stayed just to be able to continue working for him. He is a sharp guy, though misguided in whom he places trust.

Cons

The office layout was long on slick and West Coast-inspired long cafeteria style tables with absolutely zero privacy. Great if you're on a project requiring a lot of collaboration, awful if you are trying to concentrate on something (or need to write a sensitive email), annoying as hell if you're in the middle of a row of people collaborating.
    The longtime employees are trampling over each other to leave and some are very vocal about it when they go. If there is ever a time for damage control and soothing concerns, it would be when the Ninja sales guy leaves a gaping hole in the longevity of the sales team. It most certainly is not the time for managers to cuss and make fun of him and declare all those who leave "dead to us". What I'm getting at here is respect and the lack thereof. The lack of respect displayed by management was evident within teams, between the (many, many) managers, and even between the two offices. The disdain of the VP and senior level management via video meeting toward the Detroit office was shocking and offensive. They literally laughed at the Detroit team...in front of them.
    Continued disrespect is the hiring and misplacement of contract and full time employees into positions for which they were not qualified and then firing them for not being able to do jobs they didn't know how to do even though some simple job-trading could have made things perfectly fine. Last year, the entire training and writing teams were dissolved. Last year and into this year, the sales teams are being decimated. All people excellent in their professions struggling with being placed into the wrong role.

Advice to Management

Quit.

Covisint Response

May 19, 2016 – Human Resources

Dear Anonymous Former Employee from Detroit, Thank you for highlighting a few of the topics frequently discussed among the leadership team - our people, our culture, the work environment We ... More

"Disappointed"

Pros

Provided a great customer-facing experience.

Cons

Fading hope for a turnaround.

"Sales Rep"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Pros

PAAS works and has great IDM capabilities for enabling customers to extend apps to cloud... Company is trying to upgrade solution to allow customer's to customize on their own

Cons

Product is not keeping up with marketing hype and sales strategy is a moving target... Most of the smart technologist have either moved on or are considering leaving. Feels like a sinking ship.

Advice to Management

Sell the company before it goes under

"smart team mates"

Former Employee - Analyst in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Analyst in Troy, MI

I worked at Covisint (More than a year)

Pros

smart team mates, able to work on technology

Cons

cliques, especially among groups that don't have credentials

Advice to Management

override the cliques

"Toxic, venomous place to work"

Pros

Salary was competitive for my role. There were several good people that I worked with.

Cons

Covisint had such an opportunity to be a successful company with strong growth, but ... they literally fell apart at the seams due to terrible leadership. I have a long professional work history and have never seen an organization operate under such awful conditions. The senior leadership team is comprised of arrogant, self-serving, apathetic, unethical individuals who truly don't care about the people who work for them. The culture is fear-based and negative.

I had such high expectations when I joined this company, however, I quickly realized that management possessed zero integrity and no compassion. They don't encourage or support team building, personal growth or any sort of work/life balance whatsoever. Their employees are dropping off one by one. The few remaining folks are still waiting for their HUGE stock payout (oops, the stock closed at a whoppin $1.68 yesterday). I've never been happier in my career than I am now and I honestly feel sorry for the people who still operate under Sam Inman and the rest of the con artists.

Advice to Management

I repeatedly tried my best to offer advice/suggestions for improvement to the leadership team, but they were never open to it. I would advise you to rid yourselves of your submissive, selfish attitudes and start to treat your employees as appreciated assets of your company. Unfortunately, you've already lost 95% of your high performing talent due to your abusive culture.

"Management and product Failure - Code Red"

Former Employee - Contracts Consultant in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Contracts Consultant in Detroit, MI

I worked at Covisint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are few; 1) Paychecks are timely (for now), 2) Some customers are "captive" - in too deep to easily leave Covisint (Automotive), 3) long tenured caring employees.

Cons

The operation is not run in a professional manner. The managment team is incompetent. Entirely. In sum, if you look at their careers you will see an unbroken string of failure(s) and I am confident they have not learned from their experiences.

The CEO, CFO, and Counsel are dishonest, opaque, and self interested retreads - not out for the good of the company but rather protecting their paychecks at the expense of all else.

I really can't say enough bad things about this inept group. The contracts they book are "one off" documents that are both poorly thought out and poorly executed.

Advice to Management

Stop lying. You know that this business is not viable in the long term. Your employees are people with homes, families, and responsibilities and WHEN, not if, this business burns through the rest of its cash developing a "platform" the market has already passed by, and you close shop I hope you can look yourself in the mirror. You can't compete in the market and Cisco is not coming to save your pathetic product. Poorly positioned, poorly developed product that MANY have surpassed, poorly executed "vision" by the CEO (he is a laughable little character), and poor reputation (find a solid referable customer please). Congratulations on ruining a company and a couple hundred people's lives.

Covisint Response

May 18, 2016 – Talent Planning Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We value our employees, and customers, and understand they are the key to our success. We are glad to hear that your experience working ... More

"Hope it gets better"

I worked at Covisint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Robust technology. Great people and engineering team that truly cared about the customer and took ownership in their work.

Cons

Horrible mentality from senior leadership. Old school management by fear. Short on real vision for the company other than making sure it went public so they could reap the rewards.

Advice to Management

Have a clear road map and communicate it to everyone. Reinforce a positive company culture and professional ethic. Nurture your employees so they can continue to do their best.

"job"

Pros

no micro management. good benefits

Cons

no executive leadership, no career opportunities

"Sneaky and icky place"

I worked at Covisint full-time

Pros

The pay was industry standard, there is a small kitchen with free soda, water and chips.

Cons

A real turn and burn culture- no sense that managers want to help grow anyone's career but their own. Strange, silent office, lack of cohesive culture. Out of date product that doesn't seem to be going anywhere (check out their stock prices).

Advice to Management

Imagine if any of the employees here were a family member. Then treat them with that level of dignity.