Covisint Reviews | Glassdoor

Covisint Reviews

Updated August 3, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Open to allowing employees to sometime work from home (in 8 reviews)

• The work/life balance and compensation is also great (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management make promises to customers that cannot be achieved, eventually setting everyone up for failure (in 7 reviews)

• Weak management team - no vision and leadership (in 5 reviews)

"Can never go back"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I worked at Covisint (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wonderful dedicated employees and team work

Cons

everyone working long hours and kept in the dark on the status of the company and now way to be promoted

"Bad Business practices and sneaky executive team"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

I worked at Covisint full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Not much on the positive side anymore. The people were the best! But those people are gone now.

Cons

What company do you know of that doesn't have a clear vision? Doesn't invest in their employees and HR reps who run and hide and visibly act like they don't like PEOPLE? This company is winging it and failing. The way loyal and long-time southfield based employees are treated by executives and others who are newer to the company especially those attitudes in San Francisco is down right disgusting!

Advice to Management

I'm CERTAIN they're aware of their previous reviews and I'm sure they just do not care. My advice to job seekers is to not waste your time with this place!

"Don't Believe That Last Post"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Covisint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They pay at or above market rates for executive positions because it is so difficult to get someone to work for Covisint these days. If you can land one of those positions, then at least you'll be well paid.

Cons

Too many to name. The current issues begin with the CEO who doesn't have a clue about how to revive this dying business and doesn't listen to others around him. At the end of the day, Sam Inman calls the shots. Note the stock price decline from $13/share to $2.06/share over the past two years. The rats are jumping from the sinking ship. There has already been a mass exodus of talent and the rest of the most qualified staff members are seeking other employment.

Advice to Management

First you need to impeach the CEO. Then you need to figure out how to create a business model to deliver "the Internet of Things" and where you fit in the greater ecosystem.

"Transistions are never easy"

Pros

Company well positioned based on historical roots to be a leader in IoT

Cons

Name recognition could be an impediment to success

Advice to Management

Stay the course, transitions are never easy but patience will prevail

"Needed a shake-up"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Detroit, MI

I worked at Covisint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Covisint has amazing technology and some of the smartest people I've ever had the pleasure of working with. A great company to have on your resume and a launching pad for further success

Cons

Management was abusive. Not setup as a true SaaS sales organization. Every deal was a custom solution with a large services component and proposals took an act of God to gain consensus on internally. Tough to build a pipeline of business and weren't competitive against true SaaS/PaaS players.

Advice to Management

A lot of the required changes appear from the outside to have been put in place after the post-IPO management shake-up. Sounds like a much more civilized place to work.

"Do I have to give any stars?"

I worked at Covisint full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of great people...that's it. All other good things went away before going public.

Cons

Complete honest truth...it used to be an awesome place to work at until about a year before they went public. I was able to advance through many roles and teams and really expand my career and earn regular raises for my hard work along the way. As they approached going public there was a complete change in the culture of the company. Hard work was not rewarded and thus many great people left and were not back-filled. But somehow they seem to keep hiring new VPs for every function under the sun which seems kind of silly for a smaller company. Now it's a dumpster fire that only stays in business because of the great people who foolishly work endless hours to deliver a product that has even more people working endless nights supporting. I didn't realize how miserable I was until I left. I wish the company the best of luck only because of the people there whom many I consider great friends. But I do wish those people would see the light and move on to better places that would appreciate and reward them more. It's not like this place is going to have an epiphany one day and suddenly decide to reward people the way they should be...unless you're a huge fan of covi-bucks.

Advice to Management

Invest in your people. And invest in quality tools to support your business instead of using 5 different crappy freeware products for every function that essentially do the same thing and do it poorly.

"Great place for people who want to have impact"

Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Covisint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I recently joined Covisint, and am thrilled to be here. The company has gone through a lot of changes, but are a pivotal transition point from being a service company to a leading IoT and identity-centric platform company. There is an entirely new executive leadership team, and there are a lot of exciting changes happening from product and culture stand point. We are fundamentally changing who we are as a company and what we do. This provides people a lot of opportunity change the way they think, be creative, and build a winning product! The people are very hard working, collaborative, and committed. As the company is working to be a trail blazer in the industry, there is a lot of great work to do, so this is great place for someone who wants to roll up their sleeves, work hard, and drive real business results.

Cons

The company is going through a change, so although this is not a con, it doesn't take time to change your DNA.

Advice to Management

Create a fluid information and management flow between senior executive to individual contributors. Need better layers of management.

"Anonymous"

Pros

Great co-workers in the office

Cons

Lack of Communication from leadership

"Tough place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I worked at Covisint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Met lot of good people, and worked with some great technology; location down-town was nice (but their in Southfield now); good interaction with people on my team

Cons

Management style was harsh to the point of being almost abusive - I heard of 2 different VPs driving home in tears over how they were talked to...and these were solid 20+ year men who were plenty tough for business....

Advice to Management

Fix the culture of the place - keep cleaning out the old guard, and search for positive, experienced leaders who can make it a great place to be.

"What is going on? Jump now if able."

I worked at Covisint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

So much potential with what was started, and the nucleus of people are epicenter of what it could be.

Cons

Senior leadership is flawed. Not all of them. One has own agenda out west. In many employees opinion, not someone they want to follow given how he carries himself. Not everyone is as incompetent as one makes them out to be. Ask around, your people will validate.

Advice to Management

When is last time you polled anyone on what they think? Formally.
    Do you want your people treated like they are by some across the board, especially at the senior leadership level? Formally address behavior issues and don't just ignore it. Act like a public company.