Cox Automotive Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Sandy Schwartz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "No work/life balance only hire contractors upper management is racist" (in 15 reviews)

• "No one seems to have a clear sense of what's going on in the here and now" (in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"The best people i have ever worked for."

Current Employee - Performance Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Performance Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cox Automotive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Culture. Great benefits. They treat you like human beings. They keep you informed of everything you need to know. I want to do more with for my job and work harder because I know they care about me. I would recommend working for Cox to anyone looking for a job.

Cons

drive into Atlanta. Nothing else.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and keep treating your employees the way you have been. Your work environment makes most people want to do their jobs well and give you their best and take care of our clients. You keep doing what you are doing and we will keep what we are doing.

2. "Great company with lots of opportunity for advancement and solid management"

Current Employee - User Experience Architect in Burlington, VT
    Current Employee - User Experience Architect in Burlington, VT

I have been working at Cox Automotive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing culture, interesting work, great benefits

Cons

It is a big company so all your contributions will be team oriented. If you are a team player this isn't a "con" at all. If you would rather be a recognized individual contributor it is harder in a large company.

"Poor leadership, performance and fear for your job daily"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cox Automotive full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Rich in benefits and pay. In Atlanta, beautiful campus buildings, cafeteria and gym. Company supports time off for charity work and contributes to communities where we operate. Great people to work with (in business/not leadership).

Cons

Poor leadership, constant restructuring and layoffs, ever-changing strategic direction. Company is struggling and everyone walks around daily wondering if they will have a job tomorrow. Terrible environment. Old school/boy leadership in passive aggressive culture. No diversity in leadership at the top.

Advice to Management

Bring in top leaders that knows how to operate at a company of similar scale and complexity.

4. "Be wary! You'll be a cog in a wheel, not an employee."

I worked at Cox Automotive full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Honestly, I don't recall any pros for working for Cox (I worked for an acquisition and can only recall the things we lost - and this isn't just because I decided to leave, like many others - I really can't recall any benefit to being part of Cox). We didn't gain anything by being bought by this behemoth.

Cons

1. Our health insurance went from pretty good to horrific. We lost ACA guaranteed protections (women's health, LGBTQ support, etc.) because the company opted to be "grandfathered in".

2. The company forgot to process my last day for at least 3 weeks after I left (same thing happened to at least 4 other coworkers that I know of) and thus they overpaid me. If this happened to 1 person I could write that off as a mistake - but at least 4 from one office alone, all at the same time?? Now we're going into "the company is too big and making major mistakes that are punishing their employees/former employees" territory. Who knows how many other people in all of the other companies Cox owns had this same problem?

3. Trying to consolidate the products has caused a huge amount of attrition - and confusion - and from what I experienced, didn't gain the company anything except layoffs.

Advice to Management

Stop the monopoly - let your individual companies keep their identities and products - and when you can't keep the products, be smart about it. You're way too top heavy and not investing in the people who actually make things happen

5. "Worst recruiters ever! Please do a department overhaul!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cox Automotive full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits and culture at the company.

Cons

A lot of layoffs and recruiting is non responsive

Advice to Management

Your talent acquisition team needs a major overhaul, especially the ones at Cox Automotive. They reach out to you about a position, then go completely silent, even after your interviews. This is the same for internal employees and external candidates. It creates the worst experience and makes you not want to be a part of the company because of the incompetence of recruiting. It shatters morale in an already unstable culture.

"Lost Its Way"

I have been working at Cox Automotive full-time

Pros

Great benefits, the best people to work with

Cons

The executive leadership team continues to make huge misteps, once the innovator in the industry now playing catch-up and unable to convince clients of the value proposition

"Whitewashing is in play here"

Current Employee - Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cox Automotive full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Interesting work, a nice building

Cons

Very racist. If you are not white you won’t be hired. You should hear how they talk about the foreign automakers.

Advice to Management

You should probably get rid of the employees there now and hire people that are ok with diversity. This place is on the way to a discrimination lawsuit.

"VP"

I worked at Cox Automotive full-time

Pros

Benefits, salary, lower level people are great

Cons

Poor management at the top, no real strategic direction,

"Anaysly"

I worked at Cox Automotive full-time

Pros

Free breakfast on Fridays and car topics

Cons

Management is incompetent, with ridiculous deadlines

"Overly Political - lack of job stability"

Former Employee - Former Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Former Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Cox Automotive full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, some awesome team members; volunter work; pension plan for some; work life balance in some areas; beautiful campus; bonus

Cons

Too political - promotes under-qualified friend of friends; Preaches Diversity, yet aren't inclusive; borderline racists; good ole boy club; Cut throat management team; massive lay offs every year; too much "us versus them"; hypocritical; slow with internal promotions

Advice to Management

All managers should have a level of emotional intelligence that is conducive to maintaining a committed and mentally healthy team. Managers should always work to develop team memberss, not gossip about them to outside people and other staff members. Management should never blacklist the employees that they oversee - making it challenging for the person to be promoted or transferred to other teams - no matter how low it makes your departments ratings look - never deny another's development or opportunities - it eventually catches up with you.

Cox Automotive Response

Nov 8, 2018

Hi, thanks for your review. As an organization, we take pride in creating diverse and inclusive environments and we take seriously the feedback you’ve shared. Our team member satisfaction surveys... More