KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

What people are saying about Cox Communications

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Cox offers great benefits and is the big player in the region where I worked.(in 574 reviews)
  • "My pay is good and I have been recognized for my contributions with additional responsibility.(in 264 reviews)
  • "I was also able to hire many great people which made it a fantastic place to work.(in 177 reviews)
  • "Great Culture and diversity(in 103 reviews)
  • "Work life balance is great(in 80 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Cox Communications and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year
    Featured Review

New Home for My Career

May 18, 2022 - Security Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

This five star review is not given lightly. I am a veteran of enterprise networking and security, and my onboarding experience was the best in my entire career. It promoted a corporate culture which embraces best practices and innovation, but also diversity and inclusion and work flexibility. I'm now a member of a team of professionals that I believe will accomplish great things. I am at my 30 day mark, and starting to make real progress both from a personal and team perspective. My first five star review goes to CCI.

Cons

I haven't been on the job long, so I can't really say. My guess here is we could do better at democratization and normalization of data, and setting up a fully normalized and centralized data lake where all transactions through multiple years of big data would be possible. I want to be able to search 5 years of data in less than 45 minutes, 2 years in less than 10, and 1 year in less than 2.

Cox Communications Response

Employment Branding Specialist

Thanks for the kind words- so excited that you're part of Cox! We're glad you found the onboarding experience to be beneficial. Our company values serve as a guiding light for everything we do. It's nice to know they're shining through in your experience at Cox. Happy to have you as part of the Cox family!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great

May 27, 2022 - Programmer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Exposure to new tech if you're willing.

Cons

Lots and lots of work.

3. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Used to be good, but falling behind

Mar 27, 2022 - Marketing Manager in Wichita, KS
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great coworkers and people to work with. Nice to have the discounted tv and internet services. Good health insurance. It is a stable, consistent work environment where people don’t have to worry about being laid off, restructured or transferred.

Cons

Has done the bare minimum to stay competitive with salary and benefits since covid. Everyone on my team is now very underpaid. New hires are offered substantially more than current employees make, with no plan to improve comp for current employees. Systems and technology we use is extremely antiquated resulting in high frustration for many team members. Management seems primarily focused on convincing everyone to be back in the office without a plan or consideration for how that impacts employees who have been very successful at home. I have overheard very high up people in the company say things like “it’s ridiculous that people don’t want to come into the building and ACTUALLY work anymore.” We’ve exceeded all goals in the pandemic and many have been working harder and longer than when they were in office, so it’s very demeaning for top level management to act like everyone’s had a 2 year vacation and are lazy for not wanting to add back in commute, travel costs, and child care costs.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 4.0

Great place to work, but issues with retaining Young Talent

Apr 20, 2022 - Senior Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

The best part about Cox is the culture and mentorship you can get if you are on the right team. I’ve been able to grow my career at Cox and deliver meaningful work. They do care about your career goals and give you the tools to succeed. Benefits are great and most of the leaders are very accessible. With COVID, the company has embraced WFH for the better and the flexibility is amazing.

Cons

Only key issue is that the company is how traditional they are with compensation. Being a younger high performer will get you promotion, but the salary doesn’t match the work. YOE and tenure is highly valued and we have seen talent go elsewhere for 30-40k bumps.

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

The goal was unattainable unless you did unethical things

May 25, 2022 - Direct Sales Representative (DSR)
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free cox,nice bonus,work your own hours,training in a different city

Cons

Felt unsafe where I was forced to work,goals were extremely high that the other reps learned how to manipulate customer's and do unethical things ( example pay their deposits)so that they would hit goal for the bonus and when management was told nothing was done,manager played favorites.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

They care

May 5, 2022 - RPA Project Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

In my short time at Cox, everyone who has been in a position to help me has helped me. Starting a new job in a new industry comes with a pretty steep learning curve. I've had to ask a lot of people a lot of questions. To a person everyone has been extremely helpful in making sure I have whatever I need to be successful.

Cons

There's a lot of transformation going on at the moment. This can ultimately be a positive, but in the short term can lead to confusion, especially for a new employee.

7. 4.0

Not Terrible

May 25, 2022 - Specialist in South Kingstown, RI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Discounted and or free services if you live in the foot print

Cons

Operations can be a nightmare and they give small raises when taking in record profits

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Opportunity

May 18, 2022 - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Employee-focused and family-oriented company. Unlimited PTO

Cons

Cox is a fast follower in an industry that wants instant gratification.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good with Lots of Room to Improve

May 9, 2022 - Customer Advocate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, generous PTO that can usually be used. 401k matching up to 6%. Leadership is held to high standards. Solid WFH model.

Cons

High attrition typically means a large workload. Limited upwards mobility, especially post covid.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company

May 11, 2022 - Fiber Optics Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay great work/life balance, Company vehicle full benefits package. Paid vacation and sick leave

Cons

Work outside and in attics all seasons.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 3,048 Reviews

Cox Communications Reviews FAQs

Cox Communications has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 3,286 reviews left anonymously by employees. 84% of employees would recommend working at Cox Communications to a friend and 79% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Cox Communications employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Cox Communications. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

84% of Cox Communications employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Cox Communications 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Cox Communications to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Cox Communications Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Cox Communications? Share Your Experiences

Cox Communications Careers

Cover image for Cox Communications

Innovating across our brands, serving our communities and staying true to our values has allowed Cox to thrive and grow over the past 120...More

• Brand Acts
  • Cox in the community
  • Sales & Technology
  • Inclusion

Company Updates

Logo

22 days ago

Careers
The rumors are true: we're obsessed with innovation. And this month, we're taking you behind-the-scenes to show you how Cox's tech teams are building a better future through data science, software development, cloud engineering and much more.
Shared image - Behind the Code at Cox Enterprises
Behind the Code at Cox Enterprises
jobs.coxenterprises.com

Cox Communications Photos

+ Add Photo
Cox Communications photo of: We're committed to providing top-notch service to our customers and fostering a warm work environment.
Cox Communications photo of: Working at Cox offers plenty of opportunities for creativity and connection.
Cox Communications photo of: We take pride in our people, celebrating diversity in all its forms.
Cox Communications photo of: Revolutionizing the world of broadband is all in a day's work.
Cox Communications photo of: Our employees collaborate to create new solutions...and "make a little music" along the way.
Cox Communications photo of: At Cox Communications, we're committed to creating more moments of real human connection.
Cox Communications photo of: Cox employees volunteer in our communities and boost STEAM education.