Cox Communications Reviews | Glassdoor

1,022 Ratings

1,887 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Expect as you would from a call-center job" (in 69 reviews)

• "Work life balance is always a problem in the US today" (in 28 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great company to work for!"

I have been working at Cox Communications full-time

Pros

I've worked on one if the markets as well as the corporate office in Atlanta and have seen the same thing in both instances. The leadership is open and accessible, the company goes out of it's way to show that employees matter and the benefits package is remarkable. There is also a lot if advancement opportunity that extend beyond Cox Communications into other companies under the Cox Enterprises umbrella.

Cons

I think the company is a bit too eager to celebrate everything in an effort to make everyone feel comfortable.

Cox Communications Response

Jun 22, 2018

Employees matter, we couldn't agree with you more! It's a pleasure to hear that our company culture is reflected in each of our locations and positively received. Thanks so much for your feedback... More

2. "Cable and Internet Installer"

Pros

Pay, time off, work on own all day

Cons

Heat, hours, customers, wall fishes

3. "Excellent Company to Work For"

I have been working at Cox Communications (More than 8 years)

Pros

great benefits, work is rewarding, opportunity to learn and grow your career

Cons

some of the leaders are not the best, growth opportunities have become limited

4. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Quality Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Quality Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Cox Communications full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits and pay. Morale is high. Easy place to work and the leaders always have their guys back.

Cons

I cant really think of any.

5. "Order coordinator"

I have been working at Cox Communications full-time

Pros

Great place to work

Cons

Need more growth potential

6. "Na"

I have been working at Cox Communications full-time

Pros

Good benefits and pay structure

Cons

Very stressful cold selling job not for the non outgoing people

7. "Great company"

I have been working at Cox Communications full-time

Pros

Team work, everyone is helpful, management listens, family is important.

Cons

Slow in catching up with new technologies, tendency for teams to work in silos

8. "Dat analyst 2"

Pros

Pay life work benefits stuff

Cons

Na na na na na

9. "Title Specialist"

Pros

Pay was decent and PTO was great

Cons

Management, hours, training was not good.

10. "Money Comes at A Price *Fair Review*"

Former Employee - Inbound Sales in Chesapeake, VA
    Former Employee - Inbound Sales in Chesapeake, VA

I worked at Cox Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- The pay is great (for now) For living in Virginia and not having a degree there's definitely a decent amount of money you can make here

- Benefits are grade A

- You get a decent amount of PTO a month ( you will need it)

- Cox seems like a company that cares about their employees. This department however does not.

Cons

- You will understand why I gave Cox the rating I did the moment you are finished with training.

-Most calls are not sales calls. You are talking to customers who are calling in for billing, technical, or are just upset for whatever reason, and are expected to sell on these calls.

-Goals are high and rising. There once was a time where you could make a nice amount of money with a regular 45 hour shift, but times have changed. You will find yourself feeling overworked, and emotionally exhausted by the goals in place and the types of customers you are dealing with all day. I would go home and would be unable to do anything but lay in bed and dread going into work the next day.

- Theres an ungodly amount of confusion in the department and all through cox overall. You can ask the same question to 4 different people and get different 4 different answers. This really becomes an issue when the topic is your money and your goals.

- This is a sales department, so of course they are good at selling you a dream. Your initial thoughts will be "This place seems very lax, and the culture will seem inviting." Do not be fooled!

- Depending on who your manager is you will either be able to tolerate the job, or this role will be hell on earth for you. A lot of the people over you have no knowledge on how to really "sell" or how to use the system in place for setting up orders.

- They love to give out mandatory OT. You sign up for 40 hours, but you will be working more, and will not see a difference in your check because of it. (There goes that PTO)

- Theres a layer of anxiety spread through the floor, that you will start to notice when you've worked here longer then 3 months. Most are not hitting goal, and are scared they will be fired because of it. Its very easy to start to feel on edge, you're experience may be different, but very few people (on the phones) are happy...

*Summary* If you need money (and I know most of us do) you have the potential to make it here. As I said in the title though, it does come at a cost. You will be working long days, and a lot of *Mandatory* OT and it has the potential to leave you mentally, and emotionally drained. Cox as a whole seems like a good business, but this department is ran by cats...

Advice to Management

Its difficult to give advice to management, because I don't know where the real issue is coming from. This company loves to preach that "the only constant with cox is change," but not all change is for the better. Ive been with cox for about 3 years and as of recently a lot of decisions have been very left field, and surrounded with so much confusion, selfishness, and greed. I cant speak on behalf of the other departments, but I have never felt so replaceable or irrelevant in a position I've been in as much as I have here. I feel like even this review will fall on deaf ears, but in the case that upper management is able to take a break from looking for more opportunity to drive revenue. I would encourage them to look at the state of their employees. Cox's decisions are not only negatively impacting their customers, but also their employees, and the "human" aspect seems to have been completely removed. Everything is about how much money they can potentially make and where they can cut cost. At the end of the day people are people not numbers. If change is going to be constant, make it for the better, not for the bottom line...

Showing 1,887 of 2,014 reviews