Cox Communications Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends

1. "Broken promises!!!"

Former Employee - Tech Support in Chesapeake, VA
    Former Employee - Tech Support in Chesapeake, VA

I worked at Cox Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Meeting new people the pay is good has a cafeteria and store on site

Cons

Training is all over the place, having to sell to customers when their already calling about issues with the services they already have, was not ever told during interview this was a 24 hr call center, benefits not that good at all compared to other companies didn't learn how to key orders until the end of training, coaches are some timing except one!!! Training cut short and we was put on the floor because they was short on the floor when most of us still had no ideas what we was really doing!

Advice to Management

Restructure the training process far as having material laid out better stop string to cram information in so quick and expect for the workers to understand when everyday your on a different topic for the first 6 weeks!!! Need to start keying orders in the beginning of training and not waiting til Rev Up start!!! Over all my experience was not good far as the company new hire hours suck we get the left over shifts!!! Last thing need to keep the call center cleaner and stop lying to the employees about the bed bugs!!!

"Same poop, different barrel"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Cox Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay if you're just getting out of high school. It's nearly impossible to hit sales goals without some sort of lying to the customers usually.

Cons

Spend most of your time omitting facts to customers to meet your outlandish goals. They could be a company to lead the industry but instead spend most of their time selling you the same crap your supposed to spout off to your customers. If you wanna be treated like an ant, then this is a perfect place for you. Warehouse is probably better but they spend most of their time finding ways to blame you for bad customer reviews

Advice to Management

Rethink your contractors. Most of them are trash especially the non corporate stores that you can walk into.

"Downward Spiral"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Cox Communications full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Cox has some amazing benefits, 401k with 6% match, medical, dental, vision and life insurance.

Cons

After almost 2 decades of employment it's been so sad to see Cox change from a positive and employee focused company to the money hungry, employee neglecting, corporate machine that it is today.

Advice to Management

As a family owned and operated business, remember your roots. Your employees are the backbone of your company. Treat them with respect. Compensate them fairly and do whatever it takes to bring back the "work / life balance" we all knew and loved about this company.

4. "work"

Former Contractor - Salesman in Charlotte, NC
    Former Contractor - Salesman in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Cox Communications as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Good People and if busy you can make good money.

Cons

Long hours. commission . Slow business and you make less then minimum.

"Started out great then became a nightmare!"

Former Employee - Sales in North Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Sales in North Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Cox Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Difficult to come up with pros at the end of my 2 yr tenure. At the beginning however, training was terrific, top and middle management were super and compensation was great as long as you worked hard. Quotas were reasonable and again, as long as you worked they were attainable. Culture for a call center was good too.

Cons

Once the Las Vegas office went along with the rest of the country as far as salaries, quotas, etc, this place became a nightmare. Salaries were raised but commissions were cut (anyone that's a GOOD salesperson isn't working for salary). All new management was brought in and with email them the friendly culture of the center went right down the toilet. Shifts were crazy..(a week would consists the of 3-10 hour, 1-6 hour and 1-4 hour shifts with split days off?!?!). They then started only hiring through temp agencies so that they wouldn't have to pay benefits! It got so bad that 80% of the people that had been there for 5-10 years left because our insurance and benefits kept going up and our compensation kept going down!!!

Advice to Management

THINK ABOUT THE LONG TERM! A happy well paid employee may cost a little more at first but by not having to train and restrain, you'll save in the long run. I honestly don't think that the TV or Phone Service will be around for much longer, so play to your strengths...your high speed Internet. Change the culture of the call center..a happy place to work makes happy employees.

"Takes for Granted "We're Cox""

Current Employee - Business Process Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Process Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cox Communications full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The Atlanta campus is beautiful. The moves between departments and between the Cox family of companies is a fairly easy process, so there are many opportunities to change jobs. The company is committed to many charity organizations and causes.

Cons

Slow to change, could benefit from having a well-designed flexible work policy, it's obvious to see where the leadership's priorities are, and that makes the rest of us feel like if we're not a part of those particular priorities that we are worthless.

Advice to Management

confidence in the company's future is only partially due to our product offerings--how well we can change as an organization and grow and build our employees who service that product offering is crucial to future success as well.

"great benefits, very poor managment"

Former Employee - Mid Market Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Mid Market Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Cox Communications full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

benefits are great, free cox services for your home

Cons

in the cox business side, fellow empolyees will do anything and everything to steal your sales, and management does nothing to protect you. commission plan is extremely confusing, you must constantly check for errors in your commissions. I worked there 5 yrs, and the last yr all the top sales reps left for c-link or other jobs due to the lack of caring by mid market managers

Advice to Management

clean house...fire all managers

8. "Solutions Specialist"

Former Employee - Solutions Specialist in Baton Rouge, LA
    Former Employee - Solutions Specialist in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Cox Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I had fun and open minded co works

Cons

I had to apply for my same job two times.

9. "Technology Intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Atlanta, GA
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Cox Communications as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere, everyone is very approachable

Cons

Intern program was not very organized, project not well-thought-out, and I had very little to do most of the time. I applied online for a summer internship and then was told during the interview that it actually started in January.

Advice to Management

Have a clear idea of a team-based project in mind that will take the entirety of the length of the internship to complete.

"Technical Support"

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Discount on cable services. They attempt to train you. Great company when you have good management. You will meet excellent people working with you.

Cons

Poor customer service The training could be a lot better. The policy is not the same from department to department. There promotion practice is not good at all.

Advice to Management

Don't tell the public how great your service is. But do not support the reps answering the phones

Showing 200 of 1,679 reviews