Cox Communications Employee Reviews about "cable"

Updated Dec 5, 2020

4.0
Cox Communications President Pat Esser
Pat Esser
1,366 Ratings
Pros
  • "Great benefits - remote work - flexible hours(in 269 reviews)

• "Good benefits, Good Product, good people(in 196 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Cable won't be lasting very much longer, this coming from a 20 year employee(in 46 reviews)

• "Not tech support but more of a robot now following a unstable program that doesn't know anything(in 45 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Cox Communications and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "cable"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Family Owned Enterprise - Good Company to work for.

Dec 5, 2020 - Universal Home Technician in Springfield, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

**Company Pros** -Great Starting Pay (Best I've seen for careers not requiring college degree). -Opportunities for Advancement/Career Roles within Cox Family Enterprise). -Good Benefits (Medical, Vision, Dental, Ect). -Generous Paid-Time Off. -Community Service related Paid-Time Off. -Employee discounts on company services; Cable/Internet/Phone/Home Security. -Enterprise-wide discounts from other companies for various things. **Title Related Pros** -Fleet Vehicle to drive while on duty, and also to take home depending on location. -Outfit & Equipment provided. -Great Training The career is fulfilling and gives the technician a lot of freedom, provided that you enjoy helping clients & are a technical mindset oriented individual.

Cons

-Outside elements (Heat, Cold, rain, snow, hail, high winds). -Potential Hazardous environments (Crawl-Spaces, Attics, Potential Asbestos containing Buildings, Boiler Rooms, Electrical Rooms, ect.) -Physical Labor Intensive (Handling 95Lbs ladders, climbing high voltage power lines, drilling, pulling cable, ect.) -You have the potential running into pests & vermin, some more common then others. (Rats, Mice, Spiders, Insects, Snakes). -You have a high-risk of getting shocked. **Disclaimer: You are provided tools to identify voltage/electricity although considering you deal with electronics on a daily basis, you will eventually get some sort of minor shock.** Long Story Short; There are a lot of hazardous situations you will encounter in this career path, but if you use the safety tools provided by the company and are vigilant about your safety the risks are reduced greatly; although there is always the risk of getting seriously hurt or worse.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Employment Branding Specialist

Hi and thanks for your feedback. We strive to provide great service to our customers, and a great place of employment to our team, so we take feedback like yours to heart. We will certainly consider what you have written and we very much appreciate the time you took to provide it.

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Work was ok, field management needs to go

Apr 29, 2020 - Universal Home Technician in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay for tenured employees

Cons

Cable won't be lasting very much longer, this coming from a 20 year employee. They will eventually subout all their work.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Cox Communications Response

Hi, thanks for your review! As a 120-year-old company founded on innovation, we are proud to be at the forefront of technology across our diverse businesses and product lines. We are disappointed to hear about your experience, and will actively work to share this review with our leadership team. Again, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We wish you much success in your future endeavors.

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Falling Apart

Sep 18, 2019 - Sales Representative in Newport News, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Autonomy, Healthcare, 401K, Independence, Pension

Cons

Management; doesn't know where company is going. people cutting cable

2 people found this review helpful
    4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Cox no longer has the "family feel" to it.

Sep 5, 2019 - Manager in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Large organization, nice campus, competitive pay, long term incentive plan.

Cons

Constant downsizing and restructuring. Unfortunately, the cable industry is being hit hard by cord cutting and Cox Communications is slow to react. Other cable companies are much faster about integrating new products and services and strategies. Cox used to have a family feel when it came to treatment of employees. -Those days are gone forever.

3 people found this review helpful

Cox Communications Response

Hi. Thank you for your feedback. We’re disappointed that your experience with us is not what you had hoped. You’re correct that our industry is rapidly changing, but we firmly believe that Cox Communications is poised for continued success as we work on next-gen technology, smart home automation and creating moments of real connection. Our employees have always been – and will continue to be – the foundation of our success, and we will never lose sight of that. Thank you again for your time with us, and we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

5. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Stressful, but Company treats everyone so well

Jan 5, 2019 - Inbound Sales Representative in Las Vegas, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

Best benefits hands down of any company out there. You will not find a better company for freebies, cheap insurance, free cable, and so much more. They even have an in house "save your butt fund" where they will cut you a check to help in the face of an emergency. The employees are like family. so much time off, fairs, travel, free swag, point system catalogue with everything from hair brushes to trips to Ireland. Just an amazing company to work for.

Cons

Company is losing a lot of money from internet only sales, and customers are not always treated best when they order "just internet". its discouraged and not as incentivized. Also, it's a cable company/internet, and customers are annoying to the point that if you work there long enough, no matter how good the benefits and pay is and they are unmatched, you will start to hate your job, and people. Cox customer base, especially in Louisiana are the most difficult, most annoying people to service. maybe I'm petty, but after a while, you just get so sick of the job. Very high turn over, but lots of room for advancement.

4 people found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Was a good environment until a few years ago

Mar 3, 2017 - Field Service Technician in Baton Rouge, LA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Employee Perks Company Culture Somewhat fast upgrading company vehicles and employee electronic devices. Pay raises once you figure out what they want to see on paper Free cable and internet services. Big benefit.

Cons

Unrealistic internal metrics Mad customers can and will lie to make your scorecard look bad. New positions can be created then taken away. Company culture changed. Cord cutters and the internet is eating away at the cable business like cellphones at away at the telephone business. Less workers will be needed over time. Seasoned workers moved on or retired. Brain drain.

3 people found this review helpful
    7. 4.0
      Current Contractor, more than 1 year

Great company culture.. contractors can feel left out

Nov 5, 2015 - Marketing Research Analyst in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, important projects and much room for learning. The pay is amazing as well depending on your experience. still generous.

Cons

takes a while, if ever to hire contracts. Cable businesses and wire-line services are declining which can leave some uncertainties for another re-org, but they are trying their best to stay with the times. Needs to be more aggressive and less reactive.

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company to work for.

Mar 13, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company offers so many valuable opportunities--as an employee we are encouraged to volunteer, donate to good causes, and take free training programs to better ourselves. I feel like they truly care about every employee and want everyone to enjoy their work environment. Everyone at my office has been here for years, so that goes to show that this is a place where people want to work.

Cons

There aren't very many cons, but I think that with any cable provider there are some technical issues that sometimes are frustrating to deal with. Even Comcast has negative reviews, so Cox is no exception--but they are doing the best they can to have the most advanced technology.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Marketing manager

Apr 3, 2016 - Senior Manager Marketing in Oklahoma City, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture at Cox is amazing. Very employee focused. Strong benefits as well. Unique to be so Family oriented for a large company.

Cons

Lack of decision making can be frustrating. Many times the old cable crowd of leaders make short term cost focused decisions versus long term strategic and that is frustrating.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Universal Home Tech

May 30, 2018 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work/home life balance, 4/10s 3 day weekends. Start out with 3 weeks vacation 1 week sick time. Great medical/dental/vision benefits for the family almost completely paid for by company. Free internet and cable(all channels), discounted other services. Tuition reimbursement . Plenty of advancement opportunity, almost everyone is promoted from within the company. Privately owned, employees are treated more like family, good values.

Cons

Deal with angry people all day, that don’t know what input is on a TV, or that the cable box has to be powered on to work

Viewing 1 - 10 of 46 English Reviews