Cover image for Cox Enterprises

Join the conversation on

Tech

580.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Cox Enterprises~2755
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Cox Enterprises? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Cox Enterprises employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Also ego's are fragile in middle management and saying anything but yes to the wrong person can blacklist you from moving up.(in 13 reviews)
  • "The upper management routinely makes 'cutbacks' and changes to operations with no thought or care as to how much more difficult it makes our jobs.(in 8 reviews)
  • "ATP managers took over our office yet didn't know how to run our magazine and never learned how.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Salary was less than same job title with ATP.(in 4 reviews)
  • "At least one of the division doesn't like to work together.(in 4 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Cox Enterprises and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years
    Featured Review

Great company, with meaningful work and opportunities to participate in creating a better future for the next generation

Jun 14, 2022 - Director Sustainability in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Big, meaningful work, leadership genuinely cares about employees, customers, and the community at the top and in the business units. Diversified, so opportunities to grow skills through internal mobility can lead to a really interesting career.

Cons

Cox Enterprises is a holding company, so they are small by comparison to the businesses they own. As such, people leader training & processes reflect a smaller company and the learning opportunities leaders can take advantage of depend entirely on department senior leadership. That leads to an inconsistent employee experience across different departments.

Cox Enterprises Response

Employment Branding Specialist

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback! Our values are very important to us and we're glad that you feel the same way. We're confident in the future of Cox, thanks to the amazing people we have leading our businesses and employees like you. We will make sure to pass along your feedback to our leadership team and we are happy to have you as part of the Cox family!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work for.

Jan 20, 2023 - Internal Audit in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic company to work for. Great work life balance, benefits, and company culture. Very competitive compensation.

Cons

None noted at this time.

3. Join the Cox Enterprises team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee

LOVE it here!

Jan 11, 2023 - Senior Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was hired here as a contractor when looking to get back into corporate recruiting vs the agency recruiting I was doing. I was SO excited to be hired on full time within 6 months, and have built my way up to a Senior Recruiter here. I have never been with a company that has provided more opportunities for growth, development, and just to feel like part of a giant family. My career goals are supported, I am given the tools I need to be successful, I have been given opportunities to be involved in some really cool stuff. If you put yourself out there, you will find more than enough things to fulfil you here. My team has been 1000% supportive of me in my life and my career...my leader is just that - a LEADER...not a "boss" - and that is the culture we support here. We want to see people grow. We want to see people succeed. A lot of the recruiting we do is internal movement - which I think is something to be really proud of. There is always a new opportunity to explore here if you're looking to change up your career path. They take care of us, treat us like family, they create an amazing work life balance (UNLIMITED PTO!!), give us benefits day one (AMAZING BENEFITS!!), and keep adding more and more each year. We have live and pre-recorded trainings we can attend, we have leadership training, Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) of all types to get involved in (think: clubs of all types!!), paid volunteer hours, childcare and elderly care assistance, pet insurance...the list goes on and on. You truly can make a career here and move to many different areas and divisions of the company, and never get bored.

Cons

There are some positions, like sales, that can feel more difficult if your heart isn't in it because there are metrics to meet, of course. But if sales isn't for you, give it your best, work with your leader on a career plan, and start working toward that path. There is so much opportunity here...SO much...and anyone can "be a lifer" if they take control and put a plan in place.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Cox Enterprises Review

Jan 11, 2023 - Senior Recruiter in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with Cox for a year now and love everything about my job and Cox as a whole. We have great work-life balance, benefits, competitive pay, and so much room for growth. The leadership is nothing like I have experienced before, the leaders want everyone to succeed and will help you do so.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any cons. I will say Cox is a huge corporation so it takes time to learn the ins and outs, who all the leaders are, the different territories, jobs Cox offers, trainings Cox offers, etc.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Place to Work

Jan 5, 2023 - Internal Audit Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

They put the employee first

Cons

They are a little behind the times regarding remote work.

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Terrific Company and Culture

Jan 19, 2023 - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company made great efforts to support their employees, investing in their health and education through great benefits and internal certifications and tuition reimbursement programs, supporting the community, and looking forward to innovations across environmental impacts, flexibility for work-life balance, and engaging company events and speakers.

Cons

At the time, there wasn’t enough reliable attention to unchecked power dynamics of middle management which lead to the departure of great talent from a great company.

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work at!

Jan 11, 2023 - Graphic Designer in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company cares about the employees and has amazing benefits

Cons

The work is okay and doesn't really compare to agency work

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Dec 20, 2022 - Vice President in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for; have had an incredible career here

Cons

Still working on the diversity, but can see signs of progress

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great company and culture

Dec 5, 2022 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing private company culture that truly cares and does great things for the community

Cons

Sometimes people are too nice and not transparent

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing Company

Nov 23, 2022 - Enterprise Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people treat you like the family, the perks are amazing and the products are needed by customers.

Cons

None so far. Everything has been great.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 360 Reviews
</>Embed

Cox Enterprises Reviews FAQs

Cox Enterprises has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5, based on over 415 reviews left anonymously by employees. 94% of employees would recommend working at Cox Enterprises to a friend and 91% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 6% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Cox Enterprises employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Cox Enterprises. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.

94% of Cox Enterprises employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Cox Enterprises 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Cox Enterprises to be career development, culture, benefits and the cons to be diversity and inclusion, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Cox Enterprises Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Cox Enterprises? Share Your Experiences

Cox Enterprises logo

Affiliated Companies

Cox Enterprises Careers

Cover image for Cox Enterprises

Innovating across our brands, serving our communities and staying true to our values has allowed Cox to thrive and grow over the past 120 ...More

• Meet our people
  • Our divisions
  • Team Cox
  • Inclusion

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

6 days ago

Culture
Did you know that Cox employees get discounts on travel, entertainment, electronics and more? Explore more benefits here: https://cox.career/3GSoZjn
Employee Happiness - Employee Discounts
vimeo.com

11 days ago

Employee Story
Perhaps one of the most inspiring New Year’s resolutions we’ve heard so far comes from Tony Krueck, Vice President of Wireless at Cox Communications. Tony was diagnosed with kidney cancer in August 2022 and will be using his personal story to help others this year. “Through a miraculous chain of events, I was cured,” Tony said. “This was made possible through a proactive body scan…through my personal journey, I became a strong advocate for proactive scans for early detection of serious health issues. I plan to continue my involvement in working with Cox and other organizations to make proactive scans accessible, and focus on other causes related to cancer."
Shared image

Cox Enterprises Photos

+ Add Photo
Cox Enterprises photo of: Our employees' spirit of volunteerism is helping us build stronger communities and a better future!
Cox Enterprises photo of: Working at Cox offers ample opportunities for creativity and connection.
Cox Enterprises photo of: We take pride in our people, celebrating our uniqueness and embracing our differences.
Cox Enterprises photo of: We're driven by collaboration at work...and we have lots of fun along the way,
Cox Enterprises photo of: At Cox, we love rallying to create a greener, more sustainable future.
Cox Enterprises photo of: Every day, our employees pioneer a smarter, more connected future for all.
Cox Enterprises photo of: Creative skillsets shine at Cox Enterprises.

Expert Career Advice

Cox Communications

4.0

3,579 Reviews
Compare

Glassdoor has 415 Cox Enterprises reviews submitted anonymously by Cox Enterprises employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Cox Enterprises is right for you.