Cox Enterprises Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Cox Enterprises President and CEO Alex Taylor
Alex Taylor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great work/life balance and great place to work" (in 25 reviews)

• "Flex time - great benefits - great people" (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • "I really have no cons to talk about" (in 6 reviews)

• "Cox Talent Acquisition was an extremely toxic environment to work for" (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Communications Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Communications Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cox Enterprises full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of great benefits and perks - particularly if you work at the Atlanta campus where there is a gym, cafeteria and other nice amenities. Fun atmosphere, lots of employee engagement events like spring socials (where Zak Brown played last year) and the company is big into providing community volunteerism opportunities.

Cons

Almost impossible to leave! The salary is very competitive for the region and the opportunities internally are nearly endless since you can transfer between divisions.

"Amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cox Enterprises full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Best company I have ever worked for. Benefits are fantastic and they truly care for their employees and the community

Cons

I have nothing negative to say

Sep 17, 2018

Hi, and thanks for your review. We really appreciate your feedback and are so glad to hear that you’re enjoying your time with us!

3. "Great place to work if you are lazy and imcompetent"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Cox Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-The best Diverse company to work for in the nation that promotes a gender diverse workforce
    -The best Diverse company to for in the nation that is an advocate for affirmative action
    -If you only type 10 words per minute this is where you should work
    -If you are late to every meeting and show up to work late every day this is the place for you
    -You don't have to be smart to work here

Cons

It can be an annoying place to work due to the lack common sense. HRBPs are very difficult to work with.

Advice to Management

Nothing. Keep focusing on the wrong things. Your newly hired talent that gets annoyed with the lack of common sense can come to work for my company.

4. "Weird place to work"

I have been working at Cox Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, work/life balance, flexible hours

Cons

Very strange structure for a parent company. Too many people doing the same jobs with no real purpose or actual goals. So much time spent on internal communications plans that employees don't care about or even notice. There are about 5 different HR departments. It seems like the Cox family just enjoys giving money away to boost the economy in GA.

Advice to Management

Take a good look at the structure of CEI and ask yourself if it really makes sense to have all of these employees and departments pretty much doing the same jobs.

5. "Cox Talent Acquisition-Stay Far Away!!"

Former Employee - Former TA Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Former TA Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Cox Enterprises full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits-That is the only Pro

Cons

The leadership team (Directors and Sr Managers) are all part of the good old way of playing favorites. If you do not kiss butt, you will not be promoted from within. Cox Talent Acquisition was an extremely toxic environment to work for. They have ZERO people skills and will not help you further your career. The nonsense and daily politics show with how awful their retention rate is.

Advice to Management

Simply put-Treat People with respect and ACT like a true Enterprise Recruiting Team instead of putting people down and making them not feel welcome. This is why people leave.

6. "Engineer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Cox Enterprises full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Potential to try new things, and learn.

Cons

A lot of internal politics and some employees favored over others.
    Salary not competitive with the market.
    Lack of constant good leadership.

Advice to Management

There is no presence of good leadership at the local Silicon Valley office. And things keep changing all the time.

7. "Amazing organization"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cox Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are a lot of positives about the company. First, it's privately held which means the leaders don't have to answer to stakeholders and look for ways to cut pennies like so many other companies. So they spend those extra dollars on the employees in many cases.

That adds to the great culture here, where people genuinely are nice and look to do the right thing.

As well, the company places a huge emphasis on protecting the environment and giving back to charities and local community organizations, both things that are important to me.

The ATL headquarters is an amazing facility, filled with natural light, a beautiful cafeteria with lots of choices, Starbucks on-site, a smoothie bar, two (free) gyms, and lots of other great perks.

Cons

When you have a bunch of nice people working together, sometimes people get a little sensitive to "not hurting someone's feelings," so there can be a tendency to overthink some decisions and involve too many opinions.

Advice to Management

Do what is right for the future of the business and continue evolving, while at the same time recognize what makes the company great and strive to hold on to that at all cost.

"Cox is a cesspool of bureaucracy and bullies. Think twice before applying."

Former Employee - Project Manager in Baton Rouge, LA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Cox Enterprises full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There are none. They are preparing their organization to go public or merge with big 3 cable companies. This is to pay for network upgrade and new ceo to provide huge profit to this already billionaire family.

Cons

Ruled by dishonest people that if you don’t bend to their every whim, they will exit you no matter your contributions. Also has extremely biased promotion and hiring. They continue to lay people off and force early retirement. No room for innovation for mid mgmt and below. Leaves employees living in fear.

Advice to Management

Need to let go of ser call center hrbp and the long list of mgmt that works in cb, call center, gpa, Stop the corruption that is causing your talent to leave. Stop letting hr and security bully your tms.

"Sr Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Cox Enterprises full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture
    They really do care about employees
    A fun place to go to work every day
    Many amenities on the campus
    Great job security

Cons

People do not leave the company so advancement opportunities are few

Aug 20, 2018

Thank you for your review. Our people play a vital part in forming the culture at Cox and we are glad to know that you had a memorable experience in your three+ years with us. We wish you the best of... More

10. "Ok company to work with. Management doesn't listen to new ideas."

Former Employee - Traffic Commercial Coordinator in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Traffic Commercial Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Cox Enterprises full-time

Pros

Decent pay. Horrible hours for a family person.

Cons

The hours are ridiculous and not possible for a person with children.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees.

Jul 27, 2018

Hi, and thanks for your review. Our people play a vital part of the Cox family that's why we offer work from home opportunities for so many of our employees. While we don’t know the specifics of your... More