Cox Enterprises Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Cox Enterprises President and CEO Alex Taylor
Alex Taylor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great work/life balance and great place to work" (in 25 reviews)

• "Flex time - great benefits - great people" (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • "I really have no cons to talk about" (in 6 reviews)

• "Not much diversity and mobility for diverse employees in the Talent Acquisition Department" (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Communications Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Communications Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cox Enterprises full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of great benefits and perks - particularly if you work at the Atlanta campus where there is a gym, cafeteria and other nice amenities. Fun atmosphere, lots of employee engagement events like spring socials (where Zak Brown played last year) and the company is big into providing community volunteerism opportunities.

Cons

Almost impossible to leave! The salary is very competitive for the region and the opportunities internally are nearly endless since you can transfer between divisions.

2. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Cox Enterprises full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Long-term incentives, Medical/Dental Benefits, opportunities, amenities,

Cons

Generally there will be some yearly business restructuring

3. "Cox Enterprises"

I have been working at Cox Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Phenomenal company culture. Leaders truly care about employees, customers, and community. It shows in how thoughtful they are with decision making. There is also a wealth of opportunities within the company, and internal networking is encouraged and appreciated.

Cons

Thoughtful decision making takes time.

4. "Best company I have ever worked for."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cox Enterprises full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Affordable health benefits, onsite gym, nice cafeteria, privately-owned and care about employees.

Cons

Things can be a little slow to change due to needing so many people's buy-in.

Nov 8, 2018

We are thrilled that you value your time here at Cox! Cheers to three years and many more with us!

5. "Weird place to work"

I have been working at Cox Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, work/life balance, flexible hours

Cons

Very strange structure for a parent company. Too many people doing the same jobs with no real purpose or actual goals. So much time spent on internal communications plans that employees don't care about or even notice. There are about 5 different HR departments. It seems like the Cox family just enjoys giving money away to boost the economy in GA.

Advice to Management

Take a good look at the structure of CEI and ask yourself if it really makes sense to have all of these employees and departments pretty much doing the same jobs.

6. "Cox Talent Acquisition-Stay Far Away!!"

Former Employee - Former TA Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Former TA Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Cox Enterprises full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits-That is the only Pro

Cons

The leadership team (Directors and Sr Managers) are all part of the good old way of playing favorites. If you do not kiss butt, you will not be promoted from within. Cox Talent Acquisition was an extremely toxic environment to work for. They have ZERO people skills and will not help you further your career. The nonsense and daily politics show with how awful their retention rate is.

Advice to Management

Simply put-Treat People with respect and ACT like a true Enterprise Recruiting Team instead of putting people down and making them not feel welcome. This is why people leave.

Nov 2, 2018

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and are disappointed your experience was not what you’d hoped for. With new leadership and a new strategic plan in place at Cox Talent... More

"Amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cox Enterprises full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Best company I have ever worked for. Benefits are fantastic and they truly care for their employees and the community

Cons

I have nothing negative to say

Sep 17, 2018

Hi, and thanks for your review. We really appreciate your feedback and are so glad to hear that you’re enjoying your time with us!

8. "Engineer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Cox Enterprises full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Potential to try new things, and learn.

Cons

A lot of internal politics and some employees favored over others.
    Salary not competitive with the market.
    Lack of constant good leadership.

Advice to Management

There is no presence of good leadership at the local Silicon Valley office. And things keep changing all the time.

9. "Amazing organization"

I have been working at Cox Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are a lot of positives about the company. First, it's privately held which means the leaders don't have to answer to stakeholders and look for ways to cut pennies like so many other companies. So they spend those extra dollars on the employees in many cases.

That adds to the great culture here, where people genuinely are nice and look to do the right thing.

As well, the company places a huge emphasis on protecting the environment and giving back to charities and local community organizations, both things that are important to me.

The ATL headquarters is an amazing facility, filled with natural light, a beautiful cafeteria with lots of choices, Starbucks on-site, a smoothie bar, two (free) gyms, and lots of other great perks.

Cons

When you have a bunch of nice people working together, sometimes people get a little sensitive to "not hurting someone's feelings," so there can be a tendency to overthink some decisions and involve too many opinions.

Advice to Management

Do what is right for the future of the business and continue evolving, while at the same time recognize what makes the company great and strive to hold on to that at all cost.

"Cox is a cesspool of bureaucracy and bullies. Think twice before applying."

Former Employee - Project Manager in Baton Rouge, LA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Cox Enterprises full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There are none. They are preparing their organization to go public or merge with big 3 cable companies. This is to pay for network upgrade and new ceo to provide huge profit to this already billionaire family.

Cons

Ruled by dishonest people that if you don’t bend to their every whim, they will exit you no matter your contributions. Also has extremely biased promotion and hiring. They continue to lay people off and force early retirement. No room for innovation for mid mgmt and below. Leaves employees living in fear.

Advice to Management

Need to let go of ser call center hrbp and the long list of mgmt that works in cb, call center, gpa, Stop the corruption that is causing your talent to leave. Stop letting hr and security bully your tms.

Oct 25, 2018

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the detail you shared, and the time you took to write it. It’s unfortunate that your experience was not what you had hoped, but we do have thousands of... More