KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 311 of over 355 reviews

4.3
Cox Enterprises President and CEO Alex Taylor
Alex Taylor
Pros
  • "Great work-life balance with a fantastic PTO policy(in 42 reviews)

• "Great benefits - Great structure - Unlimited opportunities(in 40 reviews)

• Cons
  • "This produced an environment of lopsided work/life balance while a lot of lip service was dedicated to it(in 8 reviews)

• "Most employees only care about their success and not willing to help new comers unless told by upper management(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Join the conversation on
    Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Cox Enterprises and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Great place to work! Excellent company culture, work-life balance, and compensation.

Jul 28, 2021 - Advisory & Assurance Specialist in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent company culture, everyone is extremely kind and open. Great work-life balance with a fantastic PTO policy. Very competitive compensation and benefits.

Cons

No cons and no complaints have been noted so far during my employment (~1 month).

Employment Branding Specialist

Thanks for the kind words! Taking care of people is at the heart of what we do. We're glad you see it that way too. Our leaders are dedicated to building a better future at Cox and it's great to know that you are too. Happy to have you as part of the Cox family!

2. 5.0

Financial Planning and Analysis for Integrated Business Technologies

Jan 12, 2022 - Senior Financial Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cox is a good place to work.

Cons

I don't have any cons.

3. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Being A Project Manager in the Creative Studio

Jan 3, 2022 - Project Manager I
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cox Enterprises provides great benefits and telecommuting policy (pre-pandemic).

Cons

- The BMC and Creative Studio leadership teams are performative, tone-deaf, and lack diversity in senior leadership roles. The tone and voice of the creative are from a white, cis-hetero, upper-middle-class perspective. - There are too many large CAI projects with tight deadlines and little to no resources to accommodate them. - Favoritism is high, and objectivity is low. - There is no clear structure or process within the creative studio.

Employment Branding Specialist

Thank you for your review – we appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences. Creating a culture where every person is respected, included and celebrated is central to what we do. It’s disappointing to learn you didn’t feel that way. Know that we take your review seriously and have discussed this feedback with our leaders. Best wishes to you in your career journey.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Cox is one of the best employers in this country to work for!!

Nov 3, 2021 - Senior Sourcer in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

My experience with Cox has been incredible. The support, training and care from my lead and my team as well everyone that I have worked with this past months have been outstanding. The benefits are one of the best I have seen. It is obvious how much this company care about its employees. The work life balance is unique and very attractive for anyone specially nowadays. It's great to work with a company that has so much history and that is innovative and engaged in all things that matter in our communities. I am proud to be working here!!

Cons

I can't find anything negative to say at this time!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Wonderful Employer- Cannot recommend enough!

Nov 17, 2021 - Senior Recruiting Coordinator in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I absolutely love working for Cox Enterprises. I joined the company a few years ago and been happy ever since! Competitive compensation and benefits. Excellent company culture that promotes a healthy work/life balance. Cox definitely goes above and beyond for their employees.

Cons

Limited job mobility for remote employees.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

...

Jan 3, 2022 - Cr Writer in Grove City, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good experience can be gained

Cons

Very little room for career growth

7. 5.0

Great Place / You wont look back

Aug 17, 2021 - Assistant General Counsel in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

People: You will be surrounded by talented people who are very welcoming. Everyone will say, "Welcome to Cox!" There is a sense of community and loyalty to the company. Work: You will do great and interesting work while maintaining a great life outside of work. Giving Back: Cox puts a priority on giving back to the community. Opportunities: Cox puts an emphasis on developing your career and there are a lot of internal opportunities. Cox looks to promote from within. Benefits: Best in class with great pricing. I have been here for less than 1 year and I plan to be here until I retire (20+ years away). I have worked at a few different places and Cox stands out by a distance.

Cons

It is a large organization so you have to understand how to navigate. You need to be patient and work hard; the opportunities will come but takes some time.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Service Tech Rep

Nov 22, 2021 - Tech Representative in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love working for COX, it is an amazing job

Cons

I do not have any cons to working at COX

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

family friendly and great benefits

Nov 17, 2021 - Vehicle Maintenance and Operations Coordinator in Newport News, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent Management Family Friendly opportunities to progress and you are encouraged amazing benefits culture and values really do value employees and look after them

Cons

can not think of any

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Best Company to Work For

Feb 10, 2021 - Senior Recruiter in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture. Company values its employees, and is reflected in policies, benefits and environment. The company developed an entire think tank type program to improve the employee experience and is swiftly taking action on some of the ideas. We have seen more options in and enhanced benefits, unlimited PTO, and an enormous amount of grace, care and flexibility during the pandemic. Employee well being is of paramount concern to the company, and we were one of the first companies in Atlanta to move to remote working. And as a result of this caring environment, we have one of the most loyal and enthusiastic work forces a company could want. People stay for decades and are personally invested in the success of the company, which makes for a vibrant, energetic work environment. Also, Cox values and actively works toward diversity and equality in the workplace, with honest conversations. In the same vein, the company also gives back to the communities it serves. I cannot say enough good things about Cox and how lucky I feel to work here.

Cons

There is an emphasis on treating each other well, which is a good thing. But I think sometimes difficult conversations are avoided in the spirit of trying to be kind. This is something the company is working on. But honestly, I'd rather err on the side of kindness than be surrounded by blunt jerks.

2 people found this review helpful

Employment Branding Specialist

Thanks for the kind words! This is exactly what we mean when we say "life at Cox!" Thrilled to know that your experience at Cox is a fun and rewarding one. We appreciate your feedback and all you bring to Cox!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 311 Reviews

Cox Enterprises Reviews FAQs

84% of Cox Enterprises employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Cox Enterprises 4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Cox Enterprises to be career development, culture, benefits and the cons to be diversity and inclusion, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Cox Enterprises Job Seekers