Coyote Creek Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Michael R. Faster

1. "Happy Employee 17 years and counting"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Milpitas, CA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Milpitas, CA

I have been working at Coyote Creek (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked for Coyote Creek since 1999; that is a long time for a consultant to work with the same company. There are several reasons for my long and continued employment. First is the support received from management, they always put family first they know there is more to life than billable time.
    They also invest well in their employees this is not just through salary and benefits which i have to say are very good but, also investing in training.

Cons

Am required to enter at least 5 words so here they are: I do not have any

2. "Wouldn't want to work anywhere else!"

Current Employee - Sr. Windows Engineer in Milpitas, CA
    Current Employee - Sr. Windows Engineer in Milpitas, CA

I have been working at Coyote Creek full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love working at Coyote Creek Consulting because of the wide array of projects and assignments that I receive. It keeps work interesting! I can honestly say that they put family first and they have proven it time and time again. The Management and senior staff are a great group of individuals to work with. I truly appreciate the fact there is no micro management with the team I work with. There is plenty of opportunity grow and I honestly couldn't ask for more in a place of employment.

Cons

There really isn't anything notable to mention here.

3. "Solid Company with a Great Reputation"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Livermore, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Livermore, CA

Pros

When I was first recruited to Coyote Creek about 5 years ago, I had never heard of them before. I accepted an opportunity on the sales team, and after being there for just a few weeks I realized that this company had a solid reputation in the Silicon Valley (I found this out via cold calling, etc.). The people who get hired at this company tend to stay for a long time, and this was one of the reasons why I joined the company and I also believe it is one of the reasons they get so much repeat business from their customers. Unlike many other companies in the Silicon Valley, Coyote Creek does not want you to be married to your job, rather, they want you to have a personal life too. Need to run to the doctor/dentist?....No Problem. They offer you a lot of flexibility with your work schedule too, within reason of course. The sales team is very collaborative (which is rare), unlike many of the sales teams I have been on in my past. They also have a variety of ways that they can help their customers, which from a sales standpoint is great because I'm not selling the same thing over and over again everyday - instead, I'm busy findings creative solutions to problems. If you're good at what you do, don't expect to be micromanaged (this is nice). My understanding is that they have never had a lay-off since they started the company back in 1998. They have a nice Company Picnic and Holiday Party each year. Their office is located in a very accessible location.

Cons

Some may view this as a "con", but there is a mandatory company shutdown the week after Christmas each year. Personally, I enjoy having that time off to spend with my family, and actually look forward to it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do - if it's not broke, don't fix it!

4. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Coyote Creek full-time

Pros

Great culture and overall business approach. Employees and clients are valued and treated well as management isn't just about the bottom line. Most of our projects are successful and if something goes wrong, we'll learn from the mistake and make it right with the customer. I'll guess the average tenure of our employees and engineers is 8+ years which allows Coyote Creek to deliver a consistent and quality professional services.

Cons

No chef, masseuse, or barista onsite but we manage.

"Stay away!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

I worked at Coyote Creek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work for Coyote Creek only if you have nowhere else to go, or you are too depressed to look for a better job.

Cons

A small company with a very poor management. Zero benefits and toxic environment.

Advice to Management

Acting with a big ego is a defense mechanism and is a poor way to manage workplace situations. But, guys, please keep doing what you are doing and eventually you will dig yourselves into a big hole.

Coyote Creek Response

Jun 24, 2016 – President

In today's job market all of our employees have someplace else they could go. And I know they are receiving job opportunities routinely. And yet they stay with us....because they want to. We are a ... More

"High-paced and dynamic work environment."

Former Employee - Assistant Golf Professional in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Golf Professional in San Jose, CA

Pros

Office culture is informal and relaxed. Management is great and treats employees well. Great benefits and perks for the avid golfer.

Cons

Limited operating budget restricts necessary staffing. Always an issue with inadequate shift coverage. Low base pay with little opportunity for advancement.

7. "Great, Solid Company"

I have been working at Coyote Creek full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

During my time (so far) I have assumed essentially three completely different jobs ranging from sysadmin to process management tools configuration and support. I find this incredible to be able to move around to different teams wearing completely different hats while still within the same company. Everyone from the top level on down has been very patient and accommodating to allow for skill ramp-up, the company has a family-first culture and is very loyal to its staff. They keep up with the market trends and position the company well to take advantage of those opportunities.

Cons

None that come to mind.

8. "Good company, lots of work, nice people, mediocre benefits"

I have been working at Coyote Creek full-time

Pros

Coyote Creek is full of friendly, hard-working people. The work is good and the company has survived both down-turns (2001 & 2009) with solid planning and focusing on providing value. It's a rare family shop that still holds summer picnics. Good place to be long term.

Cons

The fiscal conservatism that helps keep the books healthy takes just a bit too much away from the employees. Benefits are expensive, not much vacation pay, and the holiday schedule lacking (no Presidents Weekend? really?).

Advice to Management

Realize that spending a bit more on the employees could make them even more loyal, and attract even more talent, especially in these highly competitive times.

9. "Employees Come First"

I have been working at Coyote Creek full-time

Pros

Coyote Creek’s management has built a culture where employees come first. Work life balance isn’t just a slogan it’s the truth. There’s a reason so many highly skilled engineers have remained with this company for years. I’ve had the opportunity to work at many different companies as a consulting engineer for Coyote Creek. I can honestly say there’s no place I’d rather work.

Cons

I have no cons to report

10. "Good agency for work"

Pros

They handle most, if not all of the paperwork and insurance issues of doing professional work for their corporate clients
    They offer 401K benefits

Cons

None noted yet during my time of employment through Coyote

Advice to Management

Keep on providing the services you do