Cpsi Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 1, 2019

Found 104 reviews

Cpsi CEO J. Boyd Douglas
J. Boyd Douglas
  1. "Clinical Systems Architect"

I have been working at Cpsi full-time

Pros

Very stable company and very good to their employees

Cons

Haven't seen any. I have only been working for them 14 months

Cpsi2018-08-20
  2. "Good place to work"

I have been working at Cpsi full-time

Pros

Been at the company for 10+ years. We're going through some changes and there have been growing pains associated with the acquisition of Healthland but overall still a good place to work and decent pay for the city we're in.

Cons

3% salary increase cap annually. Insurance used to be awesome with low copays and deductibles and now the best option is an HRA. Salaries and opportunity seem to be based o the good ole boy network.

Advice to Management

Consider non-club members for opportunity and have someone that is actually affected by the benefits changes be on the decision making team.

Cpsi2018-08-07
  3. "Welcome aboard"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at Cpsi full-time

Pros

A lot of benefits, nice schedule, easy task, etc. Work from home. Great salary, safe, and clean employees. Educational training, caring staff,and great future potential.

Cons

I can not tell you yet.

Advice to Management

To stay calm and offer to take care of ordering materials. Do not expect employees to have to explain your thinking.

Cpsi2016-12-11
  4. "Implementation Analyst"

I worked at Cpsi full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Promotions Encouragement from Management Family Environment

Cons

Not enough training during tenure, initially you're trained; however, unless you change positions that is all you receive.

Cpsi2016-09-08
  5. "Software Support Representative"

Current Employee - Software Support Representative in Mobile, AL

I have been working at Cpsi full-time

Pros

Ever changing clinical applications provides opportunity to expand your knowledge base. Company has been going thru some growing pains, expanding demographics and client base. Company provides on-site clinic which is a huge plus. Meds are provided at the clinic with a $5 deduct from payroll. Company offers great 401K with 6% company matching. Cafeteria plan health benefits including vision and dental. Work environment...

Cons

When I was traveling it was non-stop. 3-4 weeks out with one day at home for 3+ years. They tell you this before they hire you that travel is extensive and it is. Working with other departments isn't always as positive as it should be. Company is trying to evolve and enforce brand values of: Collaboration, Agility, Empathy, Proactive. I feel my department as a whole represents these values but I cant say that about...

Advice to Management

Thank you for striving to create and improve a work environment where someone who truly wants to make a difference in this industry, can. Thank you for the opportunities and keep them coming. Listen to your employees. Be more transparent with company changes. Provide updates and changes to applications to support staff so we can provide knowledgeable and confident support to our clients.

Cpsi2016-01-17
  6. "Support Rep"

I have been working at Cpsi full-time

Pros

Fun/laid back environment. Managers that really do care. Good benefits. Good raises.

Cons

Forcing travel reps to work call queues while in-house.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Cpsi2015-11-27
  7. "Wonderful place to start your career"

I have been working at Cpsi

Pros

Challenging, independent work environment. Great place to gain experience in this field.

Cons

Many changes. One must be very adaptable.

Advice to Management

N/A

Cpsi2015-08-16
  8. "It just gets better with time"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

I have been working at Cpsi full-time

Pros

Great medical, dental, and other benefits. Laid back, employee driven management style. CPSI cares about it's employees to the point of overlooking small things in favor of keeping good people. Although no longer the "small family company" it once was, it is not a large corporation that has forgetten its people.

Cons

Because all management is from within, all new hires are in a entry level position and turnover can be quite large as they leave us to go to other companies. This also makes the incoming workforce usually right out of college with this being their first "real" job. CPSI tries to meet expectations of their employees whenever possible, but is not always able to do so.

Advice to Management

Look at compensation for all employees, not just raising it for new hires to try and keep them. Also, allow the training process to encompass more than one division so everyone knows what everyone else supports.

Cpsi2012-09-10
  9. "GREAT PLACE TO WORK FOR CAREER GROWTH"

Current Employee - Applications Support Representative in Mobile, AL

I have been working at Cpsi

Pros

Huge potential for career growth- can gain a valuable work exp, flexible as long you keep working hard and smart. Health info sys is a very interesting subject and take pride to be part of the improvement process. CPSI not only make their client happy but always find ways to help them to improve to make their health care sys more healthier! CPSI keeps motivatied their employees by giving them awards and rewards for...

Cons

Due to expantion and mass hiring processs, we are now in the cubicals from the personal offices, but I found that we now has more profestional communication improvement.

Advice to Management

This is only for the implementation leads: They need to select their installment team based on qualification instead of just head counts or personal likeness- so CPSI can provide its best quality and image possible, & yes, we need headsets:)

Cpsi2010-10-21
  10. "Great Place to work"

Former Employee - Analyst in Mobile, AL

I worked at Cpsi full-time for more than a year

Pros

Clear management and progression structure

Cons

Can be repetitive and the on call work is burtal

Advice to Management

Nothing really. Most managers are analyst that have been promoted from within

Cpsi2019-08-01