Crabtree & Evelyn Reviews | Glassdoor

Crabtree & Evelyn Reviews

Updated May 16, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • Upper management is not usually responsive when needed, and technology failures are rampant (in 10 reviews)

• Very negative environment and very low pay (in 6 reviews)

1. "Fun, beautiful environment!"

Current Employee - Part-time Sales in Worthington, OH
    Current Employee - Part-time Sales in Worthington, OH

Pros

Our store in Worthington, Ohio has a great manager,she is really on top of her game! Our store is beautiful, we have a great customer base you couldn't ask for more.

Cons

Typical retail issues, wages are ok, incentive contest for performance would be good, sometimes working holidays. Nothing really bad though.

Advice to Management

Incentives for performance is a suggestion, but for the most part we have a great store!!

Jun 16, 2016 – Sr. HR Specialist

Thank you for your review! We are very pleased that you are so happy at Crabtree - having a great team makes all the difference. We are in the process of developing a new compensation program ... More

2. "Loved working here, but needs a little help"

Former Employee - Selling Supervisor in Tigard, OR
    Former Employee - Selling Supervisor in Tigard, OR

I worked at Crabtree & Evelyn part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Atmosphere was relaxing, customers were very sweet, product is great quality

Cons

Minimal pay, lots of wasted resources (especially during holidays), little incentive programs

Advice to Management

In my experience, skincare is where the money is at. Pour all your development money into it and push as hard as you can - it'll pay off. Treat employees a little better. Their the face to your company. If they aren't compensated properly and treated poorly (and ignorant) then they'll leave. I personally loved working here and would love to again if there was ever a store in my area again.

Apr 22, 2016 – Sr. HR Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your experience at Crabtree & Evelyn. We are very glad you enjoyed working with us and found the environment to be fulfilling. We would be ... More

3. "Administrative Assistant"

Former Employee - Quality Document Control Coordinator in Woodstock Valley, CT
    Former Employee - Quality Document Control Coordinator in Woodstock Valley, CT

I worked at Crabtree & Evelyn (More than a year)

Pros

Great people and great product to work with.

Cons

The salary is poor and raises do not happen here.

Feb 19, 2016 – Sr. HR Specialist

Thank you for your honest feedback. We are glad you enjoyed working with your co-workers, as well as the product. We agree that our employees and product are great. We are sorry to hear that you ... More

"Store Manager"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Crabtree & Evelyn (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great product...if you are lucky to have it in stock

Cons

Lack of communication. Negative culture.Border line abusive hostile upper management.
    Zero support from upper management.

Advice to Management

Support your people by listening to them. You 're managers know their business and store specific needs. Empower them! They want to suceed! " negative coaching" doesnt inspire, doesnt produce results. Who coaches the Regional Manager?

"Behind in the times at the time, 2008"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Crabtree & Evelyn (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits were okay, products were good, customers were nice

Cons

Computer system and sales tracking seemed outdated. Way too manual.

Advice to Management

Recognize that different markets have different clientele, therefore certain products pushed to the forefront may fail in some parts of the country, while sales go through the roof in other parts.

"Wow...Who runs this company and why?"

Current Employee - Selling Supervisor in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Selling Supervisor in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Crabtree & Evelyn (More than a year)

Pros

fantastic product. training in 5 star selling will help wherever you go in life. discount not bad.

Cons

very low pay. daily, weekly, monthly goals are insane. No incentive for part time employees to stay.

Advice to Management

be realistic about company goals. Who sets the these? what about incentives for those who make you money?

"Medicore"

Current Employee - Selling Supervisor in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Selling Supervisor in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Crabtree & Evelyn part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Discount on products, time off when needed, pretty place to work and play with beauty products all day

Cons

Low pay for service expected from employees, wages don't match local cost of living, mistakes regularly filter down from home office leaving the employees in the stores to clean up the mess or fix mistakes, poor planning from higher-ups

Advice to Management

The consistent typos, incorrect grammar and spelling in company memos and on signage is embarrasing

"Store Manager"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Nashua, NH
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Nashua, NH

I have been working at Crabtree & Evelyn (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere to work. The pay and benefits are great. Training was very good, and the tools they give you are fantastic to learn more about the merchandise.

Cons

I am not salary I get payed hourly and as a manager you tend to go over 40 hrs. If I go over 40 hrs I am spoken too. I only have a few employees that work for me so there are days that I work an 8hr shift by myself, which makes it very difficult to take lunch breaks.

Advice to Management

I suggest talking to each manager to see what they need to be able to run a store. Hire more DM's that are available to each store. This right here would be huge for store managers.

10. "Nice friendly people to work for."

Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Spencer, MA
    Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Spencer, MA

I worked at Crabtree & Evelyn (More than a year)

Pros

They give free products some times.

Cons

No overtime! To many head games!

Advice to Management

Stop playing games!

11. "Assistant manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Crabtree & Evelyn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work for the company Crabtree & Evelyn are they are very good to their employees, the products are wonderful and I learned a lot from being with the company in the short period of time I was there.

Cons

I have one con is that Crabtree & Evelyn closed at my location ( Stamford, CT) in the Stamford Town Center Mall and I only had three months with the company.

Advice to Management

Some advice to management is that you need to build one on one customer relationships with the customers and really get to know about the products so you can sell them and bring that client back. Also, you need to train your staff about the product knowledge so they can do the same.