Find jobs for Restaurant Manager

Updated Sep 12, 2020

2.6
Cracker Barrel President & CEO Sandra B. Cochran
Sandra B. Cochran
  1. "Cracker Barrel has done exactly what they promised from day one !"

5.0
    Current Employee - Restaurant District Manager in Flat Rock, NC

I have been working at Cracker Barrel full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Advancement opportunities, solid salary , development programs , consistent messaging , discounts on food and retail for all employees , health benefits , 401k plans

Cons

Cracker Barrel is a busy place we have lots of guest and we have to deliver on their needs . We have very little down time .

2. COVID-19

"Cafeteria style food, slopped on a plate"

Former Employee - Assistant Restaurant Manager in Lansing, MI

I worked at Cracker Barrel full-time for more than a year

Pros

I loved the smell of burning oak in the fireplace as I entered the building. That's about it.

Cons

Gen "Z" servers who would rather be on their phones than taking care of guests. Because . . . Wait for it . . . They don't want to work! and they don't need the money. Mommy and daddy will pay for it. Boom, I said it.

Continue reading

3. "Cracker Barrel does NOT take care of their managers, despite preaching this with false passion and unkept promises."

1.0
    Former Employee - Restaurant General Manager in Sulphur, LA

I worked at Cracker Barrel full-time for more than a year

Pros

Their initial onboarding and training of managers is impressive. The training is divided between their Cracker Barrel Campus and "certified" training stores.

Cons

However, once you are through initial training and in your permanent managerial role, new managers are more often than not overwhelmed, unsure, and forgotten by Cracker Barrel. The training program that I was initially so impressed with was nothing but false promises and ideals NOT UPHELD by the company.

"Awesome company"

Current Employee - Restaurant Manager in Destin, FL

I have been working at Cracker Barrel full-time

Pros

They take so much care of their people. By far the best company I've worked for. Their training program alone speaks volumes on how much they care

Cons

The reason why they pay so well is because as a manager you will work long hours. More than most restaurants

"General Manager"

Former Employee - Restaurant General Manager

I worked at Cracker Barrel full-time

Pros

Excellent Pay Bonus are good when you are able to achieve Hourly Staff our performing associates Able to relocate, but to a struggling unit Company continues to perform to stockholders

Cons

Extremely long hours - 12 / 14 hour work day 6 days work week Lack of DM support Continued struggle to meet margins - every year tighter Lack of firing incompetent associates Lack of hiring solid performers

Continue reading

"Check your mindset - really!"

Former Employee - Restaurant General Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Cracker Barrel full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

One of the highest salaries for position, IF you negotiate and hold your ground.

Cons

Most locations are understaffed in the kitchen.... cooks, backups, prep unreliable attendance and managers end up working in a position and cannot manage the operation as they were trained to do and taught never to let happen. All talk and zero staffing initiatives to keep managers in the dining room to talk to Guests and support server staff instead of working the grill line, baking bread or washing dishes when they call out sick too.

Continue reading

"A lot of hard work, but when the management is good, great company to work for."

Restaurant Shift Leader in Florence, AL

I have been working at Cracker Barrel

Pros

Structured atmosphere with good management, hard working co-workers, and benefits.

Cons

There is a lot to learn. This is not like other restaurants of this scale (more upscale restaurants are a totally other beast). It takes most people 3-6 months at LEAST to start to feel comfortable.

Cracker Barrel Response

Manager, Talent Acquistion

Thank you for your understanding and patience as we work through the transition! I am sure you are helping out the new team and we really appreciate your feedback. If you ever need anything please reach out to your Field HR Manager or Employee Relations.

"Associate Manager"

1.0
    Former Employee - Associate Restaurant Manager

I worked at Cracker Barrel full-time for less than a year

Pros

None. Expect getting a discount in the retail store. And the training in Tn was good but not reality was you get to your home store.

Cons

Horrible Company to work for . No work life balance and other managers and The GM was lazy and there was no communication. Let the staff do whatever they wanted and the staff always was complaining. Other managers played favorites. Plan on always having to cook due to labor in the kitchen and can't keep cooks.

"Very intense, high volume restaurant."

Current Employee - Associate Restaurant Manager in Prattville, AL

I have been working at Cracker Barrel full-time for more than a year

Pros

Quarterly bonuses, great discount in retail store which is great for Christmas or birthday shopping.

Cons

Lots of hours. 55+ weekly. Schedule changes daily. Always on your feet. Lots of pressure from district managers.

"I sincerely love my job....very rewarding. This company takes great care of its people."

5.0
    Current Employee - Restaurant General Manager in Kenosha, WI

I have been working at Cracker Barrel full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Competitive salary....constant training and on going development. Incredible bonus potential for management. This one of the few concepts still driven by top line sales....while most concepts are only focused on driving the cost numbers we still spend time with our guests and staff. The culture is amazing....we are constantly updating ways we do things to make us more cutting edge but still hold true to our core and who we are as a brand. The fact we are still growing and building more and more stores while other concepts are closing yo control costs is amazing. West coast here we come!!!!

Cons

It's hardwork at times but if you are an aggressive planner and great at execution not all that bad. The only holiday we are closed for is Christmas Day. Work schedule at times can be long hours and long weeks but like I said before if you aren't afraid to work hard it's VERY rewarding both monetarily and spiritually....you help people everyday which is awesome!!!

Found 37 reviews