Cover image for Cracker Barrel

The Work-Life Bowl

2m

works at

USAA

I have a general question. My son is 16 and has been working at Cracker Barrel for 3 months. They are scheduled through an app. He requested labor day weekend off and was denied. He is going on a family vacation and obviously cant stay home alone. are they violating any type of minor employment law?

18 Comments

Got a burning question about Cracker Barrel? Just ask!

On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Cracker Barrel employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

Ask a Question

What are your colleagues talking about?

Find your private company bowl on Community, join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously.
Join the Conversation

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor

Pros
  • "The people I worked with were great I could make decent money just working the weekends Discount to the store(in 347 reviews)
  • "Good pay and very fun(in 326 reviews)
  • "Honestly the only good thing I experienced were some great coworkers till they decided not to be anymore.(in 303 reviews)
  • "Flexible with hours to a certain extent; good money if you put in the work(in 299 reviews)
  • "Flexible schedule and the nice thing about being an all(in 177 reviews)
Cons
  • "Management is poor and very dishonest(in 605 reviews)
  • "Managers are rude and over(in 398 reviews)
  • "Long hours and so many other employees don't care if they set other people up for failure.(in 251 reviews)
  • "No breaks and must work long shift on holidays(in 69 reviews)
  • "Way too much favoritism that rises right to the top of District and Regional Management.(in 52 reviews)

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Cracker Barrel and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Charleston, WV
      Recommend
      CEO Approval
      Business Outlook

Pros

everyone at my store is amazing and values everyone. they have lots of benefits that i haven’t taken advantage of. frequent raises too.

Cons

DC sends too much of some product sometimes and not enough of others.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you’re enjoying your time at Cracker Barrel!

1. 5.0
        Sep 22, 2023
        Retail Sales Associate
        Former Employee, more than 3 years
        Recommend
        CEO Approval
        Business Outlook

Pros

Good people, great food, unique store.

Cons

They don't pay heed to employees plights.

2. Join the Cracker Barrel team
        See Our Latest Jobs
      Viewing 1 - 10 of 6,978 Reviews
      </>Embed

Cracker Barrel Reviews FAQs

Cracker Barrel has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 7,074 reviews left anonymously by employees. 51% of employees would recommend working at Cracker Barrel to a friend and 44% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Cracker Barrel employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Cracker Barrel. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

51% of Cracker Barrel employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Cracker Barrel 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Cracker Barrel to be career development, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be culture, workplace, management.

Popular Careers with Cracker Barrel Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

191.5K

Associate

I finished third round of interviews but realized there’s an experience that isn’t on my resume (since it’s not directly related to the jobs I’m applying for) nor did I mention it in the interview process, but it would actually be great for me to leverage and demonstrates a relevant skill for the role. Is it worth emailing and dropping a quick note about it, or should I leave it?

0 Comments

United States Postal Service

I have a supply chain & inventory manager interview coming up for a museum. Can anyone provide me some insight on what questions I should be prepared for? What key points to highlight during my interview? Any tips and advice is appreciated!

0 Comments

Analyst

I finished final round interview. Should I send a thank you letter to everyone or only to people where I have something interesting to add on. I interviewed with the hiring manager twice already and sent thank you emails. He never responds, should I even bother to send him one more since we talked again in the final round? HR said I wouldn’t hear back until late next week earliest. It sounds like they still have to wrap up final rounds with other people. I don’t want them to forget me.

6 Comments

Glassdoor has 7,074 Cracker Barrel reviews submitted anonymously by Cracker Barrel employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Cracker Barrel is right for you.