- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - Idaho
- - Boise, ID Area
- - Boise, ID
- - Meridian, ID
- - Mountain Home, ID Area
- - Mountain Home, ID
- - California
- - San Diego, CA Area
- - San Diego, CA
- - New York State
- - New York City, NY Area
- - New York, NY
- - Texas
- - Dallas-Fort Worth, TX Area
- - Dallas, TX
- - Virginia
- - Washington, DC Area
- - Ashburn, VA
- - South Carolina
- - Greenville, SC Area
- - Piedmont, SC
- - Ohio
- - Cleveland, OH Area
- - Cleveland, OH
- United Kingdom - All Cities
- - England
- - London, United Kingdom Area
- - London, England
- India - All Cities
- - Karnataka
- - Bangalore, India Area
- - Bangalore
- - Uttaranchal
- Canada - All Cities
- - Ontario
- - Toronto, ON, Canada Area
- - Fort Erie, ON
- - British Columbia
- - Victoria, BC, Canada Area
- - Victoria, BC
- Japan - All Cities
- - Tokyo
- - Tokyo, Japan Area
- - Tokyo
Found 168 of over 184 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Technical Account Manager
Being a woman in tech, I only recently started advocating for myself at work about advancement opportunities. Because of this I wanted to ask this question to my male counterparts. When you have 1:1's with your direct reports and talk about career growth / aspirations what is your managers’ response typically? I’d like to gauge how my experience (negative) differs from others. For instance are you met with blockades, enthusiasm, dread, etc?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "Expect lower pay for doing more." (in 8 reviews)
- "Below average salaries, management always seems to busy." (in 7 reviews)
- "Sales managers have a lot of time on their hands." (in 3 reviews)
- "Upper management is tone deaf to what is going on in lower levels, poor training, non" (in 3 reviews)
- "Leadership is aware of this and doesn't seem to care." (in 3 reviews)
- Current Employee★★★★★Nov 4, 2022 - Solutions ArchitectRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great team, solutions and focus
Not much I can think of
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Nov 3, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Cradlepoint has a rare combination of great success and growth and a culture where people don’t take themselves too seriously, and nobody expects you to sacrifice your personal life.
It can be difficult to enact a change, and in some regards there is an “old school” mentality where things are a certain way because it’s the way things have always been done.
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Oct 11, 2022 - Technical Support Specialist in Boise, IDRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
+ simple schedule, typically Mon-Fri + reasonable pay (given the current economy) + not unreasonably stressful or frustrating + culture / teamwork + caring, capable management
Currently, my only issue is having to work evening hours, but it's honestly not that late. My management (and I'm pretty sure the whole company) recognizes the importance of time to rest, to spend with your family, to live life!
Thank you for the feedback & review! We are excited you are enjoying your time at Cradlepoint so far. Keep up the great work!
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Oct 30, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Loads of nice people to work with decent salary interesting technology
lack of strategy, vision and processes now part of Ericsson and forced to follow the rules of a large coorperation many challenges ahead but no answer how to overcome them Company will dissolve into Ericsson Many competitors in the market No Work Life Balance Little career development optionsContinue reading
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Sep 15, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great Work/ Life Balance, the company is headed in the right direction with a lot of potential for individuals to make an impact. Leadership welcomes feedback and trusts its employees to make decisions.
Fast pace with a lot of changes but if you are builder and have vision you will do well here.Continue reading
Thank you for the great feedback! Our leadership team prides themselves on trusting their teams. We are just as excited as you about the future of this company.
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Oct 11, 2022 - Warehouse Manager in Piedmont, SCRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Environment is positive and there is a real effort to promote a culture of individual growth. Work/Life Balance is excellent, wellness days is a big winner.
Sometimes the days can be slow
Thank you for sharing this review. We're thrilled to hear you're enjoying your time at Cradlepoint- keep up the great work!
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Sep 9, 2022 - Software Engineer II in Boise, IDRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great coworkers and a great Boise startup that made it into the big leagues.
Some growing pains after Ericsson acquisition. Sometimes there doesn't seem to be a clear company plan.
- Current Employee★★★★★Sep 13, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Best company to work for.
None that I can think of.
- Former Employee, more than 8 years★★★★★Feb 11, 2022 - Support Engineer in Boise, IDRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great team, good environment, remote work opportunities, great IT team keeps the technology up-to-date and running properly, awesome product, great management***
*** Great management, but mgmt is stressed and overloaded, consequently is out of touch with their team. Although they have some of the brightest individuals I've seen in Tech, they aren't paid as such. Pay is well-below the national average (about 60 - 70% of where it should be). I think they used to hang their hat on the fact that the cost of living in Boise once was low about a decade ago, but it has risen sharply since (as is the case most places), but wages have remained largely the same.Continue reading
- Former Employee★★★★★Jun 13, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Employees are not afraid to work hard to do the right thing - Incredibly down to earth leadership (top level ONLY), humble and kind
- A little behind the times with process and technology. - Immature VP's that throw tantrums and use words like "suck".. - VP's that do not motivate but chastise, even their own teams in-front of other teamsContinue reading
Cradlepoint Reviews FAQs
Cradlepoint has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 184 reviews left anonymously by employees. 82% of employees would recommend working at Cradlepoint to a friend and 79% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
82% of Cradlepoint employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Cradlepoint 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.