Craig James Reviews | Glassdoor

Craig James Reviews

3.8
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Rewarding business management experience"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Craig James as an intern

Pros

It had a great atmosphere. It was pretty upbeat, but professional at the same time. I'm majoring in business management so it was great to get experience in all aspects of running a business.

Cons

Since I was an intern I didn't really get to do more of the senior level responsibilities just because I didn't have enough time.

Advice to Management

Possibly give some responsibilities that would otherwise be for more senior members, to interns just so they can get the experience.

2. "Account Executive and Team Leader"

I worked at Craig James full-time

Pros

Really enjoyed everyone that I worked with. A lot of good experience was gained during my time at Craig James.

Cons

The pay was very deceiving. In the interview they sell you the idea you can make money very easily but do not tell you everything about it.

Advice to Management

Employees should be payed differently and should be more transparent about it in the interview.

3. "Great stepping stone for sales and management experience"

I worked at Craig James full-time

Pros

I really liked the people I worked with; everybody was driven and very energetic. The room for growth that was available was also impressive. It was also refreshing to be able to get a wide array of experience rather than just sticking to one thing.

Cons

A portion of what's done there is sales, and sales is sales. It can be tough at first, but once you can get over the rejections, it becomes pretty easy.

Advice to Management

At first I wasn't sure of how the payment structure worked, but once I received my first check it made sense. So management can elaborate more on that from the start.

4. "Great opportunity for those interested is sales, marketing and recruiting"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Craig James full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They really reward those who are passionate about their own career. It is a very team based environment. All the way from upper management to the newer trainers everyone there is there to help you succeed. I personally really like the "family" atmosphere. I also really appreciate all the personal attention that I get on a day to day basis.

Cons

The sales and marketing industry can be very overwhelming at first but they do have great people to help you grow and become more confident.

Advice to Management

Has been one of the most rewarding experiences since switching professions. Is there a way to get a little more training on product development?

Craig James Response

Apr 20, 2016 – Human Resource Director

Thank you for the review. We always appreciate feedback. The management team has decided that due to your suggestion we will be holding specific training sessions on Tuesday mornings for anyone who... More

5. "Not a good moral company"

I worked at Craig James full-time

Pros

Flexible Schedule and ability to move up

Cons

The Boss (DM) swears a lot and takes the Lord's name in vain. The environment is not very professional as a result. There is also a lot of talking behind people's back and dissing different groups of people. Employees are encouraged to lie to potential customers that they have the service even if they don't. There were also different lies that were told to the different incoming employees. It is a pyramid scheme, but they find you the people to build your pyramid. Not a very good moral company.

Advice to Management

Get your morals back to the way they should be.

6. "Fun - Exciting - Growing"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Craig James full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Professional workplace with credible clients. After being full time with the company for some time now, Craig James has given me insight into the business world in a was that school and other companies couldn't. Not having any sales or marketing experience in my past the staff was more than willing and excited to help me become acclimated and confident in my new career .

Cons

Dealing with some customers can be aggravating but that comes with the territory. I hope our tablets arrive sooner than later.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. But if you could get us even more bonuses that would be great!

Craig James Response

Apr 12, 2016 – Human Resource Director

Thank you so much for the kind words. We are working with the clients to get us the tablets faster for you. Make sure you are on our call this Thursday for some exciting news about the new bonuses... More