Crane Aerospace & Electronics Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Brendan Curran

Pros
Cons
  • Sometimes work life balance suffers (in 8 reviews)

• The Corporation, Upper-Management, and HR have little respect for the employees and view them as generally as a necessary evil (in 8 reviews)

1. "Read the reviews"

Current Employee - Production in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Production in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Crane Aerospace & Electronics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice coworkers the older employees very nice

Cons

The reviews dont lie this company is a circus very stressful and employees treated as slaves

Advice to Management

Be more professional and give the employees more time off this company is a ticking time bomb employees are on edge and overworked

2. "process improver"

Current Employee - Process Improver in Lynnwood, WA
    Current Employee - Process Improver in Lynnwood, WA

Pros

I worked there for a few yrs and coworkers were great to work and many friendly employees.

Cons

Training and management is not at the level u expect from a reputable company. There is sufficient training and their HR is never on your side. Their health ins sucks and benefits was not great either but their pay is great.

Advice to Management

They need to take time in training their process improver to have the same level of understanding the requirements that is needed to complete the job. At risk is very important and they neglected their employee and then expected allot, esp when they ask for training ( one mistakes im online to be terminated). You will receive "an at will" employees improving plan and its hell and it made me feel like its a threat. You can get fired for any reasons once u ask for more training thru their plan. I worked for about 5 yrs and i decided to quite because they took me to another level of insane stress when my supervisor knows im on medication. There was no training, she was on my back finger pointing what she find was wrong and i was never appreciated on my work. No bonuses or raises in 2016 and i think its personal.

"test specialist"

Former Employee - Test Specialist in Simi Valley, CA
    Former Employee - Test Specialist in Simi Valley, CA

I worked at Crane Aerospace & Electronics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

some good people, cafeteria and bathrooms are newer. finally starting to filter out the air employees breath in the test room.

Cons

horrible H.R. and upper management, tampering of test equipment by non qualified employees and dishonest relationships with boeing and airbus, plus lousy benefits and salaries.

Advice to Management

straighten up, be more forthcoming with new employees and dump the whole h.r. dept.Start a training program for the newer employees that enables them to perform on anti-skid brake systems for the commercial aircraft that it is made for.

"Just another corporate number"

Current Employee - Supply Chain in Lynnwood, WA
    Current Employee - Supply Chain in Lynnwood, WA

Pros

Pay is good at entry level

Cons

Little recognition for a job well done (mostly pertaining to non-management)

Advice to Management

Treat you people like human beings. Little motivation comes along with treating your hard working employees like robots.

"Terrible Environment. Low Pay"

Current Employee - Senior Contracts Administrator in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Contracts Administrator in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Crane Aerospace & Electronics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The only good thing about Crane Burbank is that it is close to where I live. Only reason I stay.

Cons

Management does not have basic skills to understand, train, and manage working level employees. They always place blame on employees. Are not honest with subordinates. Play one against the other. They always understaffed. Do not care that employees work excessive overtime. Will not pay for overtime. Threaten employees if they complain. Drive the good people away.

Advice to Management

Make sure the supervisors and managers know the area they manage. Treat people fairly. Quit promotion friends and get people who know what they are doing in charge.

"Engineer"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Beverly, MA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Beverly, MA

Pros

Still have a job after the shut down of the Beverly plant. I will stay until they close the doors or a real job comes along.

Cons

After the Engineering manager found we were closing he bailed out so there is little to no structure left here. We are just hanging on by a thread and its only a matter of time before the customers get wise to what's really going on here. With the sub standard products that rarely meet spec and if they don't the fudge the data to make the numbers and keep the customers happy.

Advice to Management

Close the doors before you get caught up in a lawsuit again.

"Technician III"

Current Employee - Technician III in Fort Walton Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Technician III in Fort Walton Beach, FL

Pros

Able to use PTO whenever needed if advance notice given, but this is the only plus I know of while employed with Crane Aerospace and Electronics in FWB FL.

Cons

A dishonest company to work for. Constant turn over and management doesn't seem to care, especially for hourly employees. Over managed and "VSM-value stream managers" don't have a clue to about contributing to the work force. They tend to stand around with their hands in pockets while everyone else works productively. IMO....most of the management lie and cheat the other employees out of much deserved compensation. The major share holders are mostly CEO and sub executives which do nothing for the employees other than push bottom dollar profits. Just pure corporate greed at the expense of the employees. Also no training or anything much for career advancement so don't waste your precious career time with Crane! you will be only worked into a corner with no advancement while they hire new employees for more $ and expect current employees to train them.

Advice to Management

Get real to your customers and employees....stop the lying.

"Completely Dysfunctional"

Current Employee - Engineering in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Engineering in Burbank, CA

Pros

+ Benefits are not awful
    + Work-life balance is pretty good, except for when deadlines come up, then you have no outside life
    + If you have a good boss, they will attempt to help you with your personal growth (within the confines of company policy and deadlines)
    + Management seems to not be in massive turnover mode anymore

Cons

+ Poor pay when compared against comparable companies in the industry in the area
    + Culture here is very paranoid and self-destructive (i.e. we must lock up laptops for fear of someone stealing them, other employees taking equipment that is currently under formal testing for no reason, must justify the hours we spend on each task, fear of being fired at any point in time, etc.)
    + Lack of mentorship or technical training for newer employees
    + Not many opportunities to move up within the company
    + Not necessarily a con as most companies don't do this anymore, but no overtime pay

Advice to Management

+ Provide more consistent training on the tools that Crane recommends we use
    + Provide more mentorship and career planning
    + Provide an outline for how a person could gain a promotion (even just within their current job set, i.e. engineer 2 to engineer 3)

"Former Employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Caldwell, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Caldwell, NJ

Pros

Benefits were okay and most co-workers were professional and very nice to work with.

Cons

I think the leadership team in Redmond had been the most lackluster I had ever experienced in more than 30 years. Any organization that uses the catch phrase that "we make things painful' is one that has truly lost its way in leading, motivating and inspiring a work force. I had never before worked in such a demanding environment where the only feedback you would receive would be negative. It's pretty hard to work for an executive that is so incredibly arrogant and who is always the "smartest guy" in the room (and he's only too happy to share that with you each time you interface with him). The very demanding and demotivating management style ultimately led to an exodus of talent from the site. Someday, young college students be studying the downfall of this organization in an MBA program.

Advice to Management

A dramatic shift in leadership style and corporate culture is required.

"Difficult company to work for."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Caldwell, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Caldwell, NJ

I have been working at Crane Aerospace & Electronics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

9/80 work schedule. Fellow employees work hard and are fun to work with.

Cons

Under staffed. Upper management is constantly changing and the president insults those below him. Bad decisions have created chaos and management doesn't take credit for causing poor moral. Unqualified personnel are raised to high levels and management listens to idiotic advice.

Advice to Management

Build moral and stop blaming workers for your bad choices.