Crazy 8 Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
Mark Breitbard

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • A pro to the company is having a flexible schedule with schooling and other jobs (in 9 reviews)

• Good benefits & work/life balance (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • All the other associates worked 3 hour shifts, so I could never get anything done (in 7 reviews)

• There are no benefits for any employee besides full time and only store managers can be (in 9 reviews)

1. "Not worth your time or efforts."

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Crazy 8 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have met some of my best friends here. I got really lucky with the people that I have been fortunate enough to work with. Its a great stepping stone to get you to the next spot in your career and they promote from with in.

Cons

They don't pay you anything. I'm an assistant manager and I make at least 3 dollars less than any other assistant manager that I know. They ask you to do so much more work than you get compensated for. And it feels like the company does not genuinely care about their employees. The only thing they care about is how much money you are making them. They don't give us very many payroll hours even if its for an entire floor set. I have had 5 different district managers since i started and 2 store managers and I've only been with the company for almost 2 years. The people I work with are great but the company itself needs a lot of work.

Advice to Management

Don't under pay your employees. If you want your stores to run smoothly and people to actually care about the work that they are doing, pay them accordingly. You ask a lot of your employees and we can tell you don't actually care about us. I work in a store that you are closing and you don't even talk to us anymore. It's like we aren't apart of the company. We are just a dumping ground for the clothes you want to get rid of. And actually offering a real severance package instead of the one you are offering would be an incentive to stay through the closing process. You guys really shot yourself in the foot there.

2. "Not worth it"

I worked at Crazy 8 part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The discount is sweet! Some of the co workers are nice most are shady!

Cons

If you don't kiss the manager and gm's butt they don't like you and don't give you any hours

Advice to Management

Treat your employee like they matter.

3. "sales rep"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Crazy 8 part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity also friendly place to grain experience.

Cons

Nothing at all i actually loved working there

Advice to Management

I Improve my skills and became a manager

4. "Probably one of the worst companies."

Former Employee - Sales Lead in San Bernardino, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Lead in San Bernardino, CA

I worked at Crazy 8 part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get a discount on kids clothes

Cons

Your DM's will allow their personal feelings get in the way of your success there. If you don't kiss their butt or appear as rather naive, they won't even consider a raise. A typical day at Crazy 8 consists of; clocking in at 9:30am, rushing to the bank 4+ miles away to drop of the previous nights deposit, rushing back to the store, counting $600 in ones and coins, recovering the rest of the store because you didn't get the chance to the night before because they scheduled you to resign the ENTIRE store alone in a matter of 30mins, creating a sales strategy, all before opening the doors at 10am.
    You'll be alone for 5.5 hours (the max legal time you can work without breaking) and then they'll bring in one associate to cover you while you sit in the back for a 30 min lunch. And if you're in a mall with a foodcourt?? Hey guess what you still can't leave because they NEVER have enough coverage.

Advice to Management

To the San B store in CA specifically, stop harassing the African Americans. You're making it hard for other minority's working there to feel comfortable. Also stop scheduling people for 3 days a week just so you can call them in on their days off for a 2.5 hour shift because you know they need the hours. You set incredibly unrealistic goals and time frames.

5. "my manager was crazy"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Coral Springs, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Coral Springs, FL

I worked at Crazy 8 (More than a year)

Pros

worked here for little over a year. easy job, not too much work, gained experience, decent hours

Cons

my manager was crazy, blamed all her employees on everything. she would make us clock out hours late every day because she wanted to re organize the store after it closed. would make messes and expect us to clean them up. would take the customers word over ours. she would spend almost entire shift in the back, and only come to the floor to yell at us and blame us for not reaching goals. ALSO, bad pay. i've worked their for over a year, received no raise or promotion. yet my manager hired a new girl (it was her first job ever) and she offered her a promotion a month later???? employees were never praised or recognized for their hard work.

Advice to Management

praise your employees, recognize their hard work. make sure store managers are treating their associates fairly...

6. "Beyond unprofessional"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Columbus, OH

I worked at Crazy 8 part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the fact that they're very convincing in the interview, I guess. I wouldn't know any pros because I never started

Cons

So, I was offered a position back in June of 2017. I was told the background check would take a few days. Well it's August and the store supposedly has been having issues with background checks coming in. From June up until now I've called the store a bunch of times to get a few very rude "leads" who all keep giving me the same "a manager isn't here" spill. But not once did they ask who I was, why I was calling or anything. I'm more so upset that my time was wasted and I thought this would be a company that would value their employees. I see I was wrong. Even if there's an issue with the background check company, someone should've called me to let me know that instead of me hounding you to get answers. I wouldn't suggest anyone to apply for Crazy 8 store in Polaris, OH!

7. "Assistant Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I worked at Crazy 8 part-time

Pros

Easy job to uphold. Flexible with your schedule.

Cons

Not the most exciting job, but easy to do well.

8. "Sales Associate"

I worked at Crazy 8 part-time

Pros

Discount on clothes, flexible hours

Cons

low pay, very hard to get promoted, employees are treated as f they do not know anything by managers

9. "Crazy 8 - short pump"

I worked at Crazy 8 part-time

Pros

Very cute clothes, loved the kids.

Cons

small store, not much of an area to work

10. "All about your team"

I have been working at Crazy 8 part-time

Pros

Like any retail job the environment depends on your team. Our store had a great team and some great loyal customers.
    There is also a 25% employee discount.

Cons

Some of the policies don't really make a lot of sense, but it seems like some of the higher ups do try.

Advice to Management

Make more management positions full time. You can't require people to have the availability you want if you refuse to give them the hours they need.