Creative Breakthroughs Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Steve Barone

1. "Here's to another great year!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Creative Breakthroughs full-time

Pros

Flexibility, transparency and continuous growth has kept me quite happy at CBI. As the company hits new milestones, so does my career. I also enjoy the small company / family culture filled with company wide check-in meetings, summer picnics, sporting events and holiday parties. I'm excited for what the future holds here.

Cons

Things I'd like to see improve are the BYOD and work from home policies. They are being revamped this year. Having said that, the pros far outweigh the cons here!

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your employees and the company culture. The open line of communication and transparency goes a long way.

"Horrible organization and leadership"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

I worked at Creative Breakthroughs full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are some good people here, but I question how some of them have lasted this long. I have nothing good to say other than making some friends there with the people on the "front lines". Saw too many people come and go and get stepped on in the process. Sad.

Cons

Where to even begin. The CEO is morally bankrupt; completely untrustworthy. He has significant anger issues and likes to use fear and intimidation to drive behaviour.

In terms of compensation and promises; GET THEM IN WRITING. They will change comp plans more often than changing underwear.

Trust no one. Unfortunately. They have some talent and some potential but unfortunately under current leadership; CEO and the COO/CFO, they will simply continue to work off the backs of others.

Have a lawyer look at your non-compete as well. I've heard some nasty rumors about how they have attempted to enforce beyond reasonable measures in the past "simply to inflict pain" on people.

"A career boost"

Current Employee - GRC in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - GRC in Columbus, OH

Pros

After reading some of the reviews here I had to write this to be just to CBI. ( and No, I was not asked to write this , No I'm not part of the exec. team)

This is my second round at CBI "for a reason", I worked for fortune 100 companies as well as government sector and none gave me the work life balance I needed.
    CBI was a career changer for me, if you're looking for a career boost it's here.

The CEO has done a tremendous job building his team, we take pride in our core values as well as the Teamwork, Accountability, Innovation and Respect. Many companies fail in building a good culture, not here.

Cons

This job is not for everyone, if you're not the right caliber, if you lack some of the core values, if you're lazy you don't fit here.

"Would give it zero stars if I could."

Current Employee - Security Consultant in Ferndale, MI
    Current Employee - Security Consultant in Ferndale, MI

Pros

There are some nice people in the org and they are helpful.

Cons

The CEO. If you hear the words "This is a game changer", understand that it only means for a few months. The CEO changes his mind faster than he changes employees, and trust me, he changes his employees ALL the time. The CEO talks poorly about everyone in the company to everyone. The CEO is crazy and makes promises he does not keep. For example, tells the WHOLE company about a president's club, even goes as far as stating who has won the president's club and what the reward is and then...never follows thru. They will cheat you out of commissions and bonuses. The CEO will talk a good talk about Core Values, please understand they are only one direction. Why? Because he is a liar and a cheat. He is so crazy about his Core Values because he is paranoid about all the things he is actually guilty of. One of his Core Values is Blue Collar work ethic. Do you know what that means? He wants you to do anything, and do it for a low wage. Many many many personal tasks that are not in your job description. He will berate you in front of large crowds. He claims one of his strengths is "coaching", he has no clue how to coach. He only motivates with promises he will never deliver on. He has no strategy, he has knee jerk reactions. He has a handful of loyal team members that have put up with his horrible behavior. He treats them terrible and they talk about him for the dog he is.

If you see good reviews for this company, it is because the CEO monitors this site more than he does his social networks. If there are bad reviews, he goes to his key staff members and has them write new positive reviews to balance what would be a terrible score for his company. He has even gone as far as calling Glassdoor to have duplicate reviews removed even though he is guilty of it himself. There aren't that many original or loyal staff members remaining that could post a positive review for him. So trust me, there are duplicates. Do you really trust a review of someone who is impressed with taco day?

Only take a job here if you are unemployed and your benefits have run out.

As stated by others, the CEO is morally corrupt.

Advice to Management

Get a real CEO. Someone who doesn't act like a explosive child. Money does not buy you class, he has the money, but can't measure up to a real CEO.

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ferndale, MI

I have been working at Creative Breakthroughs full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people at CBI are GREAT! They really show a vested interest in you if you are interested in furthering your career. I cannot say enough about the atmosphere CBI provides all of their employees.
    The resources CBI has internally to work with and learn from is probably the best in the industry, they are VERY knowledgeable and are always more than happy to teach the less experienced. Management is motivated to push you to do your best and is always there for support.
    Work/Life balance is great and management is reasonable to life matters, its the perfect amount of work and play!

Cons

If you are looking for a job where you can sleep at your desk, watch Netflix all day, or scroll through Facebook and skate on by, this is not the job for you.

"RUN FAR AWAY"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

I worked at Creative Breakthroughs (Less than a year)

Pros

New building in Detroit is nice.

Cons

CBI does not value their employees. They will lure you in during the recruitment process with big promises, but will stab you in the back the second you do something wrong. There is no room for mistakes or learning here. You are either in the "inner circle" or you are fired. The CEO is a mess, thinks he is great at his job, when he is not. They will hire you and fire you within the year. Your career will be destroyed after working at this company! DO NOT APPLY OR WORK HERE.

Advice to Management

Don't have blatant favorites. Don't hire family (that never ends well).

"Best place I've worked"

Current Employee - Secretary in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Secretary in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Creative Breakthroughs full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, schedule is eight to five which works great for me. People are great, we hang out often. Management is great. Human resources is fantastic.

Cons

Parking in Detroit can be interesting, but management hooks us up with parking.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

"So far so GREAT!"

Current Employee - Information Security Analyst in Ferndale, MI
    Current Employee - Information Security Analyst in Ferndale, MI

I have been working at Creative Breakthroughs full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very positive experience so far. Success isn't just a thought process but a way of life. Everyone is like minded and eager to help those around them. Completely different experience career wise for me.

Cons

Nothing as of yet. They have supplied me lots of training which isn't something I'm used to. At my previous employers training was never offered.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

"IT support"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ferndale, MI

I have been working at Creative Breakthroughs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

owner is cool. my boss is cool. fun place to work. I have been here about two years.

Cons

401k is hard to understand. rest of my benefits are good.

"Everyone is expendable - AVOID THIS PLACE!!! You have been warned."

Former Employee - Security Consultant in Ferndale, MI
    Former Employee - Security Consultant in Ferndale, MI

I worked at Creative Breakthroughs full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some of the people are honest to good people.

Cons

The people in the "Inner circle" at CBI are back stabbers. It's almost like the feudal system. Everyone is scheming to position themselves on the upper rungs of the ladder in hopes of getting patted on the head by the CEO. Most of the positive reviews here are actually pressured by management to maintain a higher rating. No one leaves the company on their own accord. If they do, the CEO because he is an egotistical narcissist, takes it personally as a hit on him. When you are let go, it means they cannot make money off of you and then they find the stupidest reason to fire you. They claim they have a "family" environment, only if you are one of the many that drink the kool-aid. But then, you are not truly "family", you are just another commodity that will be used until they can't use you anymore.

Advice to Management

Follow your own "core values" and stop treating people the way you do. You once had the backs of your consultants when things went south on a project. Thanks for NOTHING "family"!