Creative Circle Freelance Designer Reviews | Glassdoor

Creative Circle Freelance Designer Reviews

Updated Jan 2, 2020

Creative Circle CEO Creative Circle (no image)
Creative Circle
  1. "LOVE THEM!!"

Current Contractor - Freelance Graphic Designer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Creative Circle for more than a year

Pros

-The recruiters are amazing - The communication is on point

Cons

-Sometimes you are competing with 30 other designers for one position

Creative Circle2020-01-02
  2. "Good Source for Creatives"

Current Freelancer - Freelance Graphic Designer

I have been working at Creative Circle for less than a year

Pros

Creative Circle is a great source for creatives looking for opportunities to gain additional income or exposure to different companies.

Cons

There is a lot of competition in the creative space, so opportunities are sometimes far and few between, especially for jobs in the suburbs.

Creative Circle2019-11-04
  3. "Mediocre Services"

Former Freelancer - Freelance Designer

I worked at Creative Circle for less than a year

Pros

Aces to some prominent companies

Cons

Recruiter was incredibly pushy and aggressive, never felt like she had my best interests in mind.

Creative Circle2019-07-17

"Creative Circle is the Comcast of creative recruiting agencies"

Former Freelancer - Freelance Graphic Designer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Creative Circle for more than 8 years

Pros

You got to be kidding...

Cons

A computerized system that conveniently emails jobs to prospective candidates asking for resumes and bullet points about why said candidate would be a good fit only to never hear from an actual recruiter. If you are a white male over the age of 35 with limited management experience, forget it, you are considered old and incompetent by recruiters. If their recruiters call and you cannot answer, good luck getting back in touch with one. It's sadly a numbers game. The supposed "great opportunities" are never as advertised. Usually gigs that you are way overqualified for and ones that your hourly rate is less than competitor agencies. Gigs that are short-term. Hardly ever Freelance to FT. They also take a larger cut of your hourly rate (sometimes 50% instead of 30%). If you ever work for other agencies and receive better treatment, you more than likely will be blackballed. Their clients usually lack professionalism, are cheap and will not give good references.

Advice to Management

Sell the company. You're done as a legitimate resource

Creative Circle2019-07-29

"Are they even there?"

Current Contractor - Freelance Graphic Designer in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Creative Circle for more than a year

Pros

None. To be frank, communication has been nonexistent, so there's been no chance to build any "Pro" opinion.

Cons

Non communication, repetitive RFP system. So, they send out, or post, job 'offers'. You respond. Every time, you must include reasons you fit the role, and attach your resumé and portfolio. Every time. And there is no response. Zip, zero, nada. You would THINK that there might be something along the lines of… you need to supplement this part of your resume, or your portfolio, or whatever, but nothing. You are assigned a 'handler'. If they ARE 'handling' you, it is entirely remote, and without communication. E-mails are unanswered. Phone goes to voice mail. Do they even exist?

Advice to Management

COMMUNICATE.

Creative Circle2019-04-06

"Freelance Graphic Designer"

Freelance Graphic Designer in New York, NY

I worked at Creative Circle for less than a year

Pros

- Flexible - Easier for job hunting without a strong network background

Cons

- Usually for short term purpose - Unstable

Creative Circle2019-01-31

"Woah, woah, woah... you did WHAT?"

Current Freelancer - Freelance Graphic Designer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Creative Circle for less than a year

Pros

Sounded like a good opportunity to get gigs.

Cons

One of my references is not only a client, but a very close friend. He forwarded me the correspondence from Creative Circle. The questions they asked I'm pretty sure prospective employers aren't allowed by law to ask. However, that's not the offensive part. They sent my client a thank you letter for filling out their form... ...Attached to it was a brochure for their services. They literally attempted to take my client... my reference, put from under me. I'm extremely upset by this! I'm my book, that's unethical. I called the recruiter today and she was conveniently working out of the office. I haven't gotten a call back yet.

Advice to Management

Don't send your recruit's clients your marketing info to go into direct competition with the recruit. That's unethical.

Creative Circle2018-04-26
  8. "Terrible & unprofessional"

Current Freelancer - Freelance Designer in New York, NY

I have been working at Creative Circle for more than a year

Pros

You get a lot of emails and phone calls for positions. five to ten emails and phone call per day.

Cons

they might have some good HR staffs, but I have had many experience with some really rude, bossy and outright unprofessional staffs.

Creative Circle2017-08-25
  9. "Awesome team"

Current Contractor - Freelance Designer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Creative Circle for more than a year

Pros

The CC Chicago team have always been on the ball. Suppling good quality clients that always match my experience, rate, and interests. They're open, responsive, and easy to communicate with. As a freelancer with over 5 years experience dealing with recruiters and creative talent agencies, these guys are the best creative placement agency I have worked with.

Cons

I guess their timesheet portal can be a little restrictive when working with remote clients with flexible hours. They offer a healthcare package to freelancers, which is good for a freelance agency, but it is just enough to meet the minimum requirements of coverage. It would be nice to have a few more "real" healthcare options.

Advice to Management

Being a freelancer I don't have much experience with CC management. However, based on some of the negative reviews here, maybe they could send recruiters from the Chicago team to other locations to train them on how they do things.

Creative Circle2017-05-04

"Freelance Graphic Designer"

Current Contractor - Freelance Graphic Designer in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Creative Circle

Pros

I'm getting consistent freelance gigs. I've work with other company and none has giving me as much work as Creative Circle.

Cons

I wish they can give more of a direction towards the type of design work I prefer to do. Give a direction to grown from a Jr designer, to mid level designer, to Sr. Designer, to an Art Director.

Advice to Management

Work with your freelance designer to move up in their field of work.

Creative Circle2017-04-07