Creative Circle Reviews in Minneapolis, MN | Glassdoor

Minneapolis, MN

2.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Creative Circle

Pros
  • Work hard play hard environment - lots of opportunities to set goals and achieve really fun rewards (in 8 reviews)

• Creative Circle truly cares about employee wellbeing and work/life balance (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Most of the jobs they offer aren't full time-- it ranges from a day-long job to a full year (in 18 reviews)

• Low-balling the hourly rate, but needing candidates with a great skillset (in 13 reviews)

1. "Great Efficient Recruiters!"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Creative Circle as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Quick & Quality Contract Assignments
    Recruiters do a great job of matching your skills to ideal open positions and getting you in to interview.
    Hourly contract pay is at the correct, current fair market rate.
    Easy tools for submitting time & getting paid.
    Professional, knowledgeable and friendly staff.
    A great company to work for.

Cons

Limited follow-up from recruiters if you are submitted for a job but the hiring timeline changes. You don't always get an update on these changes unless you follow up.

"Creative Circle is a Joke"

Current Contractor - Graphic Designer in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Contractor - Graphic Designer in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Creative Circle as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

When you have no other option.

Cons

Very impersonal, doesn't have a clue about their talent. I even reached out asking to meet and show my work, to share what I am and what I do—and only got a response saying reach out if there is anything you need. Really? This company is the worst hack of a recruitment agency in town. Wish I could be positive. Stay away unless desperate. Email for a job? Come on. Your buyout clauses are higher than anyone else. Not impressed.

Advice to Management

Encourage your talent managers/recruiters to actually meet with your talent. I've never been so dismayed that your recruiters don't know who I am and what I'm good at. I reached out to hear back about future endeavors and I got a stupid survey asking me about my gig that was ending—I got three of these surveys. You should have the company surveyed.

3. "Least Effective Recruiting Company Ever"

I have been working at Creative Circle as a contractor

Pros

Descriptions of great jobs, that could potentially be with good companies. Full time, part time, contract, freelance and temporary positions.

Cons

Never hear from an actual person, and their apparent process for searching potential candidates is dismal. Automated emails with great jobs come to my inbox several times a day, with instructions to reply to the email with my resume and a list of reasons why I'd be a good candidate. How is that a good way to find a candidate? The email box that these are sent to are probably overwhelmed with replies. Don't they have my resume on hand? Don't they have some sort of database with search capabilities and algorithms to help them find the good candidates for each job and personally reach out, like every other recruiter? What was the point of the interview if I have to constantly repeat why I'd be a good candidate for these jobs? Beyond those questions, I feel like I'm sending my resume into a black hole. Trying to reach out to the actual people I have as contacts there, they never respond to my emails.

Advice to Management

I'd say "Answer your emails" but really it would be better if you got a more effective method for matching candidates to job descriptions, rather than sending out these emails in the first place.

"Interviewed in MPLS"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Nice recruiter - office space was nice, they have plenty of openings on their website. It's easi to navigate and browse around through.

Cons

If recruiter finds that you're a decent fit for a position they have available, they will let you know and ask if you want to be submitted for it. However if the client does not like your work or whatsoever, the recruiter will careless about touching base with you, they just avoid and ignore you. LOL, like jeeze thanks. But in the end, remember that these recruiter work for themselves and for their client, they can careless about sympmathizing or touching base because the client didn't want to interview you, sadly. Stupid with communication but oh well, worth a try.

Advice to Management

Communicate better, it's just a natural part of life. Touch base with your candidates, stop sending non-stop emails if you don't see a potential in them.

"Don't waste your time"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

None what so ever. Hundreds of emails? If you like being frustrated by dozens of listing describing good jobs that never materialize but fancy a moment of hope, then maybe that could be counted as a pro.

Cons

None, never got hired out to any jobs. Met with a recruiter once then the rest of the contact was by email or phone with other recruiters. Applied to several jobs I was qualified for and some I was over qualified for just to get work.

Finally I was going to be placed on a job (once), then the start date came and went with no follow up from the recruiter leading up to the job. I called to find out what happened and got nowhere. Nothing, no contact, zilch. Very unprofessional. Stick with Celarity or the Creative Group; I've had far better luck with them.

Advice to Management

Come up with a better process where candidates actually work with a recruiter versus receiving constant email blasts

""I wouldn't rely on it""

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Creative Circle as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

When you first meet with them, they are of-course very encouraging about your prospects. They are professional and courteous. Everyone is very pleasant and helpful. They have a lot of contacts and creative job opportunities.

Cons

Seems really difficult to get traction, and I wonder about the strength of their relationships to the companies they place with. They seem at their mercy. I also don't get a strong sense of how much they are advocating for me with a potential client. I had a much better sense of this with other placement agencies.

Advice to Management

Over-communicate and value transparency.

"The worst of the worst of temp agencies. Please avoid!"

Former Contractor - Art Director in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Contractor - Art Director in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Creative Circle as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

If you need work, you need work, and sometimes it doesn't matter who you work for. Creative Circle is a nasty bunch, but if you are desperate you might just need to get something to pay rent.

Cons

They pay half the going rate -- or less -- for creative talent. I have personally had the experience of them sending out my resume to companies without my knowledge in order to claim me and block me from working at those agencies either independently or through other staffing agencies. Additionally, they are very low regarded in the creative world, and they treat their talent POORLY.

9. "Friendly staff with industry experience"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Creative Circle as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly staff who actively want to find you a job, not just because it's their job but because they enjoy helping people find creative gigs. The recruiters have industry experience, so they've always given me good career advice and tips. They also deal with any client issues so you don't have to.

Cons

They take a cut of your rate like any other staffing agency (they are a business, after all) but considering they found me the job, it's a lot more than the $0/per hour I was making!