Creative Circle Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated June 10, 2018

Full-timePart-time

Creative Circle

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Then after 5 months of working like I meant it the company brought me on full time as a Front-end Engineer" (in 20 reviews)

• "Have had great experiences with placements and have gotten lots of opportunities to experience different industries" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Or if the jobs will be part/full time" (in 28 reviews)

• "They rarely ever transition to full time, so it is a complete waste of time" (in 10 reviews)

1. "Video"

Pros

Great work environment and great company culture

Cons

None at all. The company is great.

2. "A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Creative Circle full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Positive company culture, inspiring and motivated colleagues, and fantastic benefits.

Cons

Limited room for career growth

"Not employee centered"

Pros

Lots of freelance opportunities for those looking for short term gigs

Cons

They don’t care about the employees. When I first met with my recruiter I gave them exactly what I was looking for and explicitly said I wanted long term contract work or direct hire. They kept sending me short term freelance roles and contacting me about them saying I was a great fit and that I needed more experience for a direct hire/full time role and that these short term roles were going to help my resume. I decided to take one of these short term roles and it was not what I had expected. I didn’t learn anything. When it was over I was contacted for another similar role and I interviewed for it and realized that the role and the team were not a good fit for me so I declined it. The recruiter basically harrased me for two days trying to change my mind because I was “passing up a great opportunity to work with a great team” this was after I had explained my reasonings. She basically told me I wasn’t going to be considered anymore. She clearly didn’t care about finding me the right job.

4. "I love working here!"

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Creative Circle full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Over the past 10 years I have worked alongside the most dedicated, hard-working, passionate and intelligent people. The compensation is more than fair, the goals are attainable and they treat us very well.

Cons

You have to work hard and you can't please everyone.

5. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Creative Circle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been in some terribly managed creative teams. For once, I feel motivated - focused - and supported. This company knows how to value their employees because they DO realize how hard everyone works on a daily basis.

Cons

Not any so far, have been with the company almost four months.

Advice to Management

Management works just as much as the team does, so that sets such a great example. Keep up the work!

6. "Great company but sometimes you feel like you're drowning."

I worked at Creative Circle full-time

Pros

Great people/team, supportive training culture, nice payscale

Cons

Like most sales jobs, it's all about dealing with rejection and trying to achieve a large volume of activity on a daily basis. This requires you to hit every day head on at full speed. Over time this can definitely lead to burn out - especially when you've had a streak of bad luck. This is not a job (or industry) for everyone, but if you're built for it you'll love it.

"Work literally anywhere else."

I worked at Creative Circle full-time

Pros

The office location was nice, parking was paid for, healthcare on day one, and a robust training program for new employees

Cons

Company has an insanely high turnover rate-for a reason. Account executives spend all day cold calling people who 9/10 times have no use for their services, and try to convince these people to let Creative Circle be a middle man in their operations. I urge you to seek employment elsewhere, whether you’re a freelancer, or someone seeking a position within Creative Circle.

Creative Circle Response

Apr 24, 2018 – Answers

Thank you for your feedback. Working in a sales environment is not for everyone and as you know, we have dedicated training, mentorship and ongoing support to make the transition easier. However, we... More

8. "Very Flexible!"

Pros

Offered a lot of different opportunities, so you're able to find the one that fits you.

Cons

Some job alerts may not be suitable for you at all.

"Dishonest recruiters but good connections"

I worked at Creative Circle full-time

Pros

They work with a lot of great companies and can help you get your foot in the door if you are looking for a contract to hire position.

Cons

The rate that you are receiving is negotiated with Creative Circle. Their recruiters will tell you that the company wants you at a lower price sometimes so that they can get an additional piece of your hourly wage. They have close to a 95% mark-up on most of their talent where as industry standard is anywhere from 10-26%. Also there are zero benefits. You do not get any sick days or paid time off.

10. "Great Experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Creative Circle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great work culture (sincere and energetic people!)
    - Plenty of new connections (the account execs and recruiters have experience in the industry and really do care about finding the best jobs out there)
    - They take care of their employees!

Cons

- The mgmt can push a little too hard on performance rather than growth (pretty normal)
    - Some offices are quite new to their locations and need a little more direction