Creative Circle Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Creative Circle

Pros
  • Work hard play hard environment - lots of opportunities to set goals and achieve really fun rewards (in 8 reviews)

• Creative Circle truly cares about employee wellbeing and work/life balance (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Most of the jobs they offer aren't full time-- it ranges from a day-long job to a full year (in 18 reviews)

• Low-balling the hourly rate, but needing candidates with a great skillset (in 15 reviews)

1. "The Creative Circle Rocks!"

Former Employee - Senior Visual Designer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Visual Designer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Creative Circle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Creative Circle is the best agency find creative talent in the Atlanta Metro Area. They do a phenomenal job! I have worked with several recruiters over the last few years. But they rise above the others with their customer service and can do attitude. I have interviewed for temp and long term assignments. Eventually, I was placed at a full time permeant position in Midtown and enjoy the design work every day. If you're a business or corporation needing talent, definitely use the Creative Circle for your staffing needs!

Cons

there are no cons here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job!

2. "My Dream Job!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Creative Circle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work / Life balance, great company culture, and excellent benefits! I never knew I could love my job this much until I started with CC!

Cons

Can be stressful at times, but what job isn't?

3. "I love working here!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Creative Circle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company Culture, Opportunity, Upper Management, Work-Life Balance, Company Mission and Values, Supportive Environment

Cons

Creative Circle is a wonderful company to work for that has provided me with endless opportunities for growth both professionally and personally. I have no Cons!

5. "Love working here!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Creative Circle full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Creative Circle truly values it's employees and treats everyone with compassion and kindness. I love coming to work because of the people I work with - we all genuinely like each other and have fun while we work hard. Being able to help someone find a job is one of the best rewards someone could ask for and I'm grateful every day that they decided to hire me.

Cons

I guess the hardest part of this job is that it can be stressful at times, but all worth it. It's stressful because we work so hard to identify the right position for our candidates and the best candidate for our clients.

"Run away from here if you want to get paid and valued"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Portland, OR

I worked at Creative Circle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Is a good start for a recent graduate who is looking to gain initial experience in the field.

- The initial process is quick from an introduction to getting your foot in the door.

Cons

I can only speak for the Portland office.

- Recruiters would get upset if you don't want to take the job that they found for you. Technically forces you into it even if you are not interested. It's a desperate action.

- They don't care if you get paid late or don't get paid at all. When following up, they ignore you. They take their long, sweet time and the pay supposed to be weekly. So beware of this!

- Creative Circle takes a huge percentage of your money when you work, they never tell you this but pretty sure is not a secret either. This can affect since the employer would consider cutting hours.

- When recruiters find out you are looking for another job on your own or if you have an offer they get to be incredibly manipulative asking a bunch of questions to talk to you out of it and how you are burning bridges with them and the employer, etc.

- Their clients are "ok" not really big or renowned companies.

- Creative Circle always tries to low ball your rate.

- Most assignments are temporary.

Advice to Management

Train your recruiters right, I don't think most of them understand the field and the value of the different levels of creatives. Be more responsive, especially when it comes to paying. Don't low ball them, I know you guys have to make money but get in your candidate shoes, more experience is more money. If a candidate says they're not interested, please respect that... It can be for numerous reasons. There's no need to threaten a candidate, remember that your agency is not the only one in the market.

"Very disappointed with this organization"

Current Employee - Freelance Writer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Freelance Writer in Houston, TX

Pros

I can't think of one benefit of signing up with Creative Circle.

Cons

Excessive emails promoting opportunities, many of which I am very qualified for, and never an opportunity to communicate with the organization about the, much less land an interview. The sales representative who initially interviewed me to sign on with this placement organization is no longer an employee, and no one else will return my calls.

Advice to Management

Be straightforward to candidates about their prospects of finding freelance work through your placement agency. I am a highly qualified copywriter with more than 15 years of experience and have yet to be interviewed by a prospective client. Totally non-professional.

"oversold capabilities, not really a help in your job search"

Former Employee - Job Seeker in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Job Seeker in Chicago, IL

I worked at Creative Circle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

connected to many top companies and able to offer their network of job seekers lots of opportunities

Cons

Sadly most of the job opportunities offered through Creative Circle are part-time or freelance. Also, the recruiters take a very hands off approach and rarely work directly with candidates to help them find real work that is a good fit based on professional experience. As a job seeker you get bombarded with emails for job opportunities that don't even begin to fit your skills or employment goals and requirements. And worse yet, if you get an email for a job opportunity that interests you that you are actually qualified for you never get contacted back one way or the other after you email the recruiter about your interest in the assignment or your qualifications.

Advice to Management

Be more accountable to the job seekers you form a relationship with and develop a more transparent and open relationship with them through improved communication. You should be in the business of selling hope to job seekers if nothing else and your inaction and lack of communication just adds to an unemployed candidates despair during uncertain times.

"Love it"

Current Employee - Creative Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Creative Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Creative Circle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

We work with a large variety of companies it makes the job exciting. And I'm always learning how the job market and industry are changing. I love helping people find their dream job!
    The Chicago recruiting team is solid! They know what they're doing.

Cons

I wish we could find everyone a job but that isn't possible. The job market is competitive and people need to find ways to standout.

"Great Freelance Opportunity"

Current Employee - SEO/PPC Freelancer in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - SEO/PPC Freelancer in Detroit, MI

Pros

Paid weekly, Good Pay, Lots of opportunities

Cons

Nothing that would make your job harder.

Advice to Management

Keep working hard to bring in new freelance work. You"re a great company.

"Management needs Management training"

Former Employee - Happy Employee Somewhere Else in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Happy Employee Somewhere Else in Burbank, CA

Pros

There are none I can think of....

Cons

Overtime crazy no work/life balance, managers have no training & the company sucks all around

Advice to Management

Train your managers on how to manage & get more staff to do the work instead of overworking your employees.