Creative Circle Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 12, 2018

3.1
Creative Circle

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "In the end, through them I landed a full-time position at a (wonderful) local agency that I never would have heard about if it weren't for Kristen" (in 21 reviews)

• "Great work life balance and respectful to" (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Mostly freelance, not many full time opportunities" (in 31 reviews)

• "They rarely ever transition to full time, so it is a complete waste of time" (in 11 reviews)

1. "Senior Recruiter"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Creative Circle full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Some of the best people I know work here. Overall every recruiter and sales person cares deeply about doing what's best for our clients and candidates. I've been here over 8 years and consider myself a "lifer". We offer great benefits and "perks" that sometimes go unnoticed but compared to all my previous jobs CC is heads and shoulders above the rest!

Cons

We're developing a lot of new offerings and that comes with some growing pains along the way.

2. "Fairy tale environment"

I have been working at Creative Circle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

*Amazing leadership and management, very flat organization, super open and everyone on the leadership team are genuine people that are approachable.
    *Great perks, benefits, compensation.
    *Great work life balance and respectful to
    *Company / office culture: we work hard to service clients and candidates, but laugh and giggle A LOT! A dream culture, with the perfect balance of fun and focus. Tons of celebration and recognition. Lots of support.
    *Great training resources, very intentional training in the first 6 months
    *Freedom to do my own work, I'm not micromanaged at all

Cons

*Not a lot of remote work options yet, but in the works to explore this

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! And thank you!

3. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Creative Circle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

We have a driven team and it's a fun environment. They have a great training program with ongoing education and mentorship, and the salary potential is awesome- I'd never be able to have my current salary without working insane hours somewhere else. When you're on PTO you get to truly unplug, no working on vacation necessary.

Cons

All work is done in the office, lack of flexibility can be challenging.

Advice to Management

Add options for flexible remote-in options for employees.

4. "Really good company, with really good people."

Current Employee - Creative Director in East Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Creative Director in East Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Creative Circle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very quick at responding to jobs that fit your desired role and coordinating rates and interviews with clients.

Cons

Senior Level & Leadership roles aren't communicated well. The salaries say DOE so it's difficult to know what jobs are at your experience level without actually attending an interview.

Advice to Management

If the salary is DOE, then put how many years or what level (mid, senior, leadership) of experience is required.

5. "Fun creative environment to work internally"

I have been working at Creative Circle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been an Account Executive in the Seattle for almost 2-years and I this is definitely the most fun place I've worked culturally in my professional career! The team, management, and executives are all so encouraging and supportive. The company cares about their employees success and has an amazing training system in place to get new employees off to a good start. Pay-wise it's a much better base pay than most sales-type roles offer, and the commission structure is fairly ample as well - There is unlimited growth potential for producers to earn money. Creative Circle also has great benefits and they also match the 401(k). In our office we typically have "Wine Wednesdays" and everyone works hard, but isn't afraid to joke with one another and keep a fun, light ambiance in the office. Wins are celebrated daily and everyone roots for one another's success here.

Cons

The daily work structure is identical from day-to-day and it involves a lot of outbound calls which can be frustrating when you're continually getting voicemails. Unfortunately, there isn't any flexibility to work from home, but I'm hopeful that the company will realize the benefit of increased flexibility in the near future.

Advice to Management

Please incorporate remote flexibility for the producer roles. Many of our competitors do offer this benefit and it's a very enticing perk to any job!

6. "You won't last long"

Former Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at Creative Circle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is well known and looks good on your resume

Cons

They don't pay attention to interal talent, there is high turn over, the environment in the NY office is toxic, and managment is weak

Creative Circle Response

Dec 11, 2018 – Answers

Thank you for your feedback. Working in a sales environment is not for everyone, which is why we have dedicated training, mentorship, and ongoing support. However, we do take your feedback seriously... More

"Metric-driven, not employee friendly"

Current Employee - Creative Recruiter in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Creative Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Creative Circle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great camaraderie within team
    internal incentives, set by city manager were generous
    decent benefits

Cons

Upper management does not treat employees well by any means, you are just a number, not a name
    Terrible CRM software, based on Filemaker, woefully outdated

Advice to Management

Treat your employees as people, not as numbers, and more importantly, treat your product (candidates) with more transparency. Too many people come into this company, purely based on metrics, that are either unqualified or just never going to be promoted by recruiters. Gives the company a bad name. Spent half my time trying to explain to people why they weren't being selected when they should have never been in the system to begin with.

"A wonderful place to work internally"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Denver, CO

I have been working at Creative Circle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Creative Circle offers a wonderful and supportive culture and working environment. They care about their employees and put constant effort into making sure they are happy. The base pay is great and commission uncapped, so lots of potential to make money. Benefits are wonderful as well, with a generous 401(k) match and great health insurance.

Cons

Identically structured days, not much change in tasks. It's not for everyone, but you can keep it interesting if you try.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

9. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Creative Circle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have never worked for a company that cared for their employees and clients more, and on an equal level. In the past two years, I've grown so much personally and professionally with the support of not only my immediate leaders but also upper management and my peers. Great network, down-to-earth environment and solid work ethic by everyone. Also, tenure is pretty high.

Cons

Not much. The market is becoming more and more competitive in our space, so the job requires a level of focus, agility and stamina.

"No follow through on jobs"

Pros

I do not have any reasons to work for them

Cons

After about two years of being listed with Creative Circle, I finally gave up.
    They promised me at least two jobs that never came through. Do not work for these people!! They do not follow through on there promises.

Advice to Management

Hire a few people that are a little older then 20.