Creative Circle Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
Creative Circle

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Then after 5 months of working like I meant it the company brought me on full time as a Front-end Engineer (in 20 reviews)

• Have had great experiences with placements and have gotten lots of opportunities to experience different industries (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Or if the jobs will be part/full time (in 27 reviews)

• They rarely ever transition to full time, so it is a complete waste of time (in 10 reviews)

1. "I love working here!"

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Creative Circle full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Over the past 10 years I have worked alongside the most dedicated, hard-working, passionate and intelligent people. The compensation is more than fair, the goals are attainable and they treat us very well.

Cons

You have to work hard and you can't please everyone.

2. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Creative Circle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been in some terribly managed creative teams. For once, I feel motivated - focused - and supported. This company knows how to value their employees because they DO realize how hard everyone works on a daily basis.

Cons

Not any so far, have been with the company almost four months.

Advice to Management

Management works just as much as the team does, so that sets such a great example. Keep up the work!

3. "Great company but sometimes you feel like you're drowning."

I worked at Creative Circle full-time

Pros

Great people/team, supportive training culture, nice payscale

Cons

Like most sales jobs, it's all about dealing with rejection and trying to achieve a large volume of activity on a daily basis. This requires you to hit every day head on at full speed. Over time this can definitely lead to burn out - especially when you've had a streak of bad luck. This is not a job (or industry) for everyone, but if you're built for it you'll love it.

4. "Very Flexible!"

Pros

Offered a lot of different opportunities, so you're able to find the one that fits you.

Cons

Some job alerts may not be suitable for you at all.

5. "Great Experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Creative Circle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great work culture (sincere and energetic people!)
    - Plenty of new connections (the account execs and recruiters have experience in the industry and really do care about finding the best jobs out there)
    - They take care of their employees!

Cons

- The mgmt can push a little too hard on performance rather than growth (pretty normal)
    - Some offices are quite new to their locations and need a little more direction

"Dishonest recruiters but good connections"

I worked at Creative Circle full-time

Pros

They work with a lot of great companies and can help you get your foot in the door if you are looking for a contract to hire position.

Cons

The rate that you are receiving is negotiated with Creative Circle. Their recruiters will tell you that the company wants you at a lower price sometimes so that they can get an additional piece of your hourly wage. They have close to a 95% mark-up on most of their talent where as industry standard is anywhere from 10-26%. Also there are zero benefits. You do not get any sick days or paid time off.

7. "So so experience"

Former Employee - Web Designer/Developer, Motion Designer in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Web Designer/Developer, Motion Designer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Creative Circle part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was able to add the names of some very cool creative agencies to my resume. I met a couple of very nice people who have allowed me to used them as references. I got to see my work on TV a few times which allowed me to brag to my close friends (no one else cared).

Cons

I only worked 1 to 4 days at said locations. I spent most of my time alone and the only creative direction I received was mostly through email. 90% of the time, I needed to bring my MacBook Pro to get the job done and if I didn't have a "MacBook Pro", I wouldn't have qualified for the gig.

Advice to Management

Creative Circle, I recommend helping employees with their resume to make sure they stay current with the verbiage used in their bullet points. I have a friend who was also working with Creative Circle along with me and didn't get gigs he was qualified for due to his poorly written resume. I didn't find out until he asked me to look over his resume to get my opinion. Properly written resumes are of high importance.

"Very Dishonest Company"

I have been working at Creative Circle full-time

Pros

I really have nothing good to say here.

Cons

They'll promise you the best opportunities, and then nothing ever comes out of it.

Advice to Management

Invest more time in the people you're looking to recruit. Stop making empty promises.

9. "Good for temp work"

Pros

Good leads for temp and temp to perm jobs in the area of choice. Nice people in the office that are helpful

Cons

I have not found there to be many cons except sometimes the job leads take a while between each other

"Uh, Work? Where? When?"

Current Employee - Freelance Sketch and Storyboard Artist in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Freelance Sketch and Storyboard Artist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Creative Circle (More than a year)

Pros

Was booked once. It was a fun experience.

Cons

Booked only once. I keep receiving emails on opportunities that are not near anywhere within my scope of experience.