Creative Circle Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 12, 2017

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Creative Circle

Pros
  • Work hard play hard environment - lots of opportunities to set goals and achieve really fun rewards (in 8 reviews)

• Creative Circle truly cares about employee wellbeing and work/life balance (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Most of the jobs they offer aren't full time-- it ranges from a day-long job to a full year (in 18 reviews)

• They make 100% off of your hourly rate (in 12 reviews)

1. "My Dream Job!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Creative Circle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work / Life balance, great company culture, and excellent benefits! I never knew I could love my job this much until I started with CC!

Cons

Can be stressful at times, but what job isn't?

2. "Freelance Graphic Designer"

Current Contractor - Freelance Graphic Designer in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Contractor - Freelance Graphic Designer in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Creative Circle as a contractor

Pros

I'm getting consistent freelance gigs. I've work with other company and none has giving me as much work as Creative Circle.

Cons

I wish they can give more of a direction towards the type of design work I prefer to do.
    Give a direction to grown from a Jr designer, to mid level designer, to Sr. Designer, to an Art Director.

Advice to Management

Work with your freelance designer to move up in their field of work.

3. "I love working here!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Creative Circle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company Culture, Opportunity, Upper Management, Work-Life Balance, Company Mission and Values, Supportive Environment

Cons

Creative Circle is a wonderful company to work for that has provided me with endless opportunities for growth both professionally and personally. I have no Cons!

5. "Love working here!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Creative Circle full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Creative Circle truly values it's employees and treats everyone with compassion and kindness. I love coming to work because of the people I work with - we all genuinely like each other and have fun while we work hard. Being able to help someone find a job is one of the best rewards someone could ask for and I'm grateful every day that they decided to hire me.

Cons

I guess the hardest part of this job is that it can be stressful at times, but all worth it. It's stressful because we work so hard to identify the right position for our candidates and the best candidate for our clients.

6. "Best Contract Representative In Austin"

Current Contractor - Video Editor in Austin, TX
    Current Contractor - Video Editor in Austin, TX

I have been working at Creative Circle as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The company assigns you a representative who actively does the best they can to promote you to clients. You are paid through the agency, which means that the client pays them and then you get your cut, but they are upfront about what your hourly take is. Some people may gripe that this means "the agency is getting your money", but this is how they stay in business AND it provides an incentive for them to get you work. The representative that I worked with actually was a former professional in the industry, so he understood how to translate my skills properly for the client and was constantly in contact with me with opportunities that came across his desk.

Big plus: You are a W-2 employee, NOT a 1099 contractor, which makes you eligible for benefits through Creative Circle... and they do offer fairly good benefits.

Cons

Some of the clients that Creative Circle works with are either flaky about their search or shotgun their search between multiple agencies. There were two opportunities that flat out dropped contact with them.

Advice to Management

The Austin crew just started up, and from what I hear they are doing well and getting a lot better feedback than other locations... whatever they are doing, let them do it and don't jostle their elbow!

7. "Great Experience and Extremely Helpful"

Former Contractor - Alexander Sacchetti in Sausalito, CA
    Former Contractor - Alexander Sacchetti in Sausalito, CA

I worked at Creative Circle as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Meret Geare was extremely helpful and pretty much saved my job search! Creative Circle made my job search an easy experience!

Cons

Maybe a slight lack in communication but then again sometimes the roles get filled and it would be redundant to call every time to inform you didn't get the job.

Advice to Management

Promote Meret Geare!

"Love it"

Current Employee - Creative Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Creative Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Creative Circle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

We work with a large variety of companies it makes the job exciting. And I'm always learning how the job market and industry are changing. I love helping people find their dream job!
    The Chicago recruiting team is solid! They know what they're doing.

Cons

I wish we could find everyone a job but that isn't possible. The job market is competitive and people need to find ways to standout.

"Great Freelance Opportunity"

Current Employee - SEO/PPC Freelancer in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - SEO/PPC Freelancer in Detroit, MI

Pros

Paid weekly, Good Pay, Lots of opportunities

Cons

Nothing that would make your job harder.

Advice to Management

Keep working hard to bring in new freelance work. You"re a great company.

10. "I'm a lifer."

Current Freelancer - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Freelancer - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY

Pros

I was a candidates through Creative Circle before I started working internally. Looking back, I knew one of the biggest things that set Creative Circle apart from other recruiters and agencies was the in-person interview. Even if I decided to quit Creative Circle (which isn't happening), I would still want to be a candidate because of the personal relationships our team develops with candidates and clients.

Cons

Can't think of anything to put here!

Advice to Management

None!

11. "Ui, Digital, Motion & Graphic Designer"

Former Freelancer - UI, Digital, Motion & Graphic Designer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Pros

Create group of recruiters. Very fast and inefficient.Got some top-notch jobs from them. Great job placement. Hard-working team in Miami and Fort Lauderdale.

Cons

Maybe just an update on the website for their search and their email campaign strategy.