Creative Circle Reviews | Glassdoor

Creative Circle Reviews

Updated June 19, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Have had great experiences with placements and have gotten lots of opportunities to experience different industries (in 9 reviews)

• Creative Circle truly cares about employee wellbeing and work/life balance (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Most of the jobs they offer aren't full time-- it ranges from a day-long job to a full year (in 19 reviews)

• Low-balling the hourly rate, but needing candidates with a great skillset (in 15 reviews)

"Love it"

Current Employee - Creative Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Creative Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Creative Circle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

We work with a large variety of companies it makes the job exciting. And I'm always learning how the job market and industry are changing. I love helping people find their dream job!
    The Chicago recruiting team is solid! They know what they're doing.

Cons

I wish we could find everyone a job but that isn't possible. The job market is competitive and people need to find ways to standout.

"Great Freelance Opportunity"

Current Employee - SEO/PPC Freelancer in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - SEO/PPC Freelancer in Detroit, MI

Pros

Paid weekly, Good Pay, Lots of opportunities

Cons

Nothing that would make your job harder.

Advice to Management

Keep working hard to bring in new freelance work. You"re a great company.

"Management needs Management training"

Former Employee - Happy Employee Somewhere Else in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Happy Employee Somewhere Else in Burbank, CA

Pros

There are none I can think of....

Cons

Overtime crazy no work/life balance, managers have no training & the company sucks all around

Advice to Management

Train your managers on how to manage & get more staff to do the work instead of overworking your employees.

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Creative Circle (More than a year)

Pros

This is a great company that encourages growth. The teams are very inclusive and the management is extremely responsive if you seek them out with an issue.

Cons

This is a very flat company. You can be here for a long time and make money, but know that your title and responsibilities will most likely not change.

"Scam"

Former Employee - Motion Designer in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Motion Designer in Dallas, TX

I worked at Creative Circle part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you need something right away and don't mind them taking most of your money, then this job is for you.

Cons

Found out this company was taking more than half of everything I earned at the job they found me. Because they were charging my client so much, he had to cut my hours. When I started looking for another job on my own, Creative Circle was trying to be very manipulative in trying to get me to tell them where I was applying, etc. Very sketchy company.

Advice to Management

Talk with the interviewees about how much money you actually are going to be taking from them.

"Great!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Creative Circle (More than 3 years)

Pros

I got some pretty good jobs from Creative Circle. They usually have at least one assignment available every other day. Also, very accommodating employees-- went in for an interview and she helped steer me in the right direction, and from there she quickly got me a job without me having to respond to an e-mail. They check up on you to see if you're adjusting fine with your job, and usually double check with you about the specifics of your job location to see if it's not too much of an inconvenience. From my experience, they've also given me input from my employers, which motivates me to work harder.

Cons

Most of the jobs they offer aren't full time-- it ranges from a day-long job to a full year. If a company is interested in directly hiring you, they have to pay Creative Circle a fee-- the compromise for this is if you work in that assignment long enough that they waive the fees (since they've probably gotten a good ROI already)

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Thank you so much for all the opportunities you've sent my way!

"Unimpressed"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing Manager in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

I can't tell you any

Cons

I am looking for new job. They failed to send me paperwork on time and then didn't call me for the interview they set up! No follow up apology, nothing! Disappointed and very unimpressed.

Advice to Management

If a client contacts you - do your job and honor interview commitments or at least call or email to apologize when you do not honor meeting!

"Candidate"

Former Employee - Candidate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Candidate in New York, NY

Pros

- A lot of emails/opportunities were provided.
    - Staff was on-top of checking in and keeping up with candidates.
    - Process was relatively fast to get into the company, interivew, and start looking for work.

Cons

- I was was provided with many interviews, (10-15) but nothing progressed beyond that.
    - Because Creative Circle was the middle ground/the 3rd party, there was no direct contact with company employers (emails, phone numbers, etc.)
    - No feedback was given regrading interviews.
    - Creative Circle was unfamiliar with working with international students working under the OPT visa extension, even though they said they worked with many.
    - Creative Circle was unfamiliar with taxing and paying international students working under the OPT visa extension.
    - Many recruiters came across and 'bossy,'and 'pushy,'many times.

Advice to Management

- As an employment agency, I would advise you to research and do your part in regards to hiring people of different countries (internationals). From taxation, paying, and OPT-H1B visa requirements: this is something the company should be familiar with, instead of asking candidates to constantly provide all the details and information.

"Very Poor Cutsomer Service"

Current Employee - Marketing in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Marketing in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Creative Circle full-time

Pros

They have a lot of decent to good Jobs in my area of Broward County and Palm Beach.

Cons

The staff at the Fort Lauderdale Office has horrible Customer service. They don't email reply back or pick up phone calls very often even after applying and interviewing to several jobs, where in which some interviews I received great feedback from employers. They have shown to be one of the worst in the industry in this category (Customer Service). Very frustrating especially knowing that their recruiters are representing you yet they show a lack of communication and service. Very poor follow up skills and they don't show they care. A simple email or phone call back would be nice.

Advice to Management

Please train your employees the value of providing customer service because it goes a long way. I have a friend that is a very skilled Graphic Designer but I'm hesitant to refer her to creative circle due to my bad experience.

"Fantastic experience!"

Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Creative Circle (Less than a year)

Pros

Creative Circle was such a hands-on experience that exposed me to various projects that all fall under the Marketing umbrella of work. Encouraged to try everything, not forced into anything. Any project I felt I excelled at was followed by getting more projects I enjoyed. Open to any questions on the industry, or just about life, the staff at Creative Circle is one of a kind. Always a positive work environment, full of people who are extremely motivated to make Creative Circle the best staffing agency available.

Cons

Commuting about an hour, but was entirely my choice and have zero regrets about doing it. Creative Circle made sure I had time to pursue any other interests I had all summer. Supreme work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!