KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Is this your company?

Add a Review

Creative Circle Employee Reviews about "creative circle"

Updated Nov 16, 2021

Found 189 of over 798 reviews

3.6
Creative Circle CEO Creative Circle (no image)
Creative Circle
Pros
  • "Creative Circle offers work with reputable organizations(in 112 reviews)

• "They send multiple job postings via email(in 24 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Being a freelancer means I'm not at the Creative Circle office so I can't think of any cons(in 111 reviews)

• "If you want to win on going freelance or part-time work from a client, you have to be aggressive with them about communicating their desires(in 64 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Creative Circle

Join the conversation on

Salaries

1m

works at

Yum! Brands

Anyone know anything about Creative Circle?? Got an email looking to move forward for a Copywriter position. Any advice?? Salary estimate?

14 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Creative Circle and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "creative circle"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Contractor, more than 1 year

A Great Creative Hiring Agency

Nov 16, 2021 - Designer in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The agents work together and understand your abilities. They will let you understand your market value and help review your resume or portfolio. Job applications have higher chances of getting interviews with Creative Circle.

Cons

The initial stage of getting contact from agents might turn some people away.

2. 2.0
      Former Temporary Employee, less than 1 year

Lack of transparency and freelancer appreciation. Incompetence, especially in payroll.

Aug 23, 2021 - Designer
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are some wonderful people working at this company, who are very good at their jobs. and CC gets a lot of work opportunities.

Cons

1. I got placed at a job which Creative Circle knew was going through a lot of turn-over quickly, but was not alerted before starting there. In the short amount of time I was there I saw constant turn-over. Designers and Copywriters were quitting after a week or two. It was a terrible work environment and an al0around bad experience. 2.I had to go through phone call after phone call, and write and rewrite emails to get paid. I had to check up on Creative Circle employees who were saying that my timecards, direct deposit and ADP we okay, only to see that they hadn't actually fixed the issues on their end, then to blame me. They were unable, or unwilling to double check their own work, or to read emails. Such a frustrating and overall bad experience. Many CC employees are incompetent and do not value the time and hard work that freelancers put in.

3. 2.0
      Current Freelancer, more than 5 years

Feel exploited

Nov 16, 2021 - Freelance Designer
      Business Outlook

Pros

They do sometimes have great brands/companies, or great projects, to connect with the freelancers. The recruiters are nice, and communicative.

Cons

I've worked with them for a long time, and as far as I know, the Creative Circle takes 50% commission from the client. I don't know how that can be justified. Maybe they need the money to pay for all the fancy office buildings, including the one on Park Ave. in Manhattan? Basically every dollar the client pays, the designer only gets 50 cents. Compared to the other staffing agencies I've worked with, this is neither normal nor fair, which in the end hurdles the creativity and motivation on the freelancers' end.

4. 4.0
      Current Freelancer

Really Responsive and Supportive Reps

Jun 8, 2021 - Production Artist in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

The recruiters are great. They really do their best to hook you up with the right companies and projects for your background. They are also really good about checking in with. you to make sure the project is going smoothly. I also really like that Creative Circle takes care of all the taxes and SSI deductions for you and negotiates the hourly rates on your behalf.

Cons

There often aren't as many freelance opportunities available as I would like. And lately, with COVID, it has really dropped off quite a lot. It would also be really helpful for there to be a minimum number of hours per week guaranteed on any particular project. I had one contract that had a good number of hours at first but the hours dropped off to only one hour per week, yet they wanted me to be available to them at all times. That made it extremely difficult to take on other freelance work. That amount of money per week doesn't really justify the expenses incurred (like having to pay monthly software subscription costs, etc.) But that was really more an issue with the client than with Creative Circle. Still, I'd like to see them institute a policy of some kind of guaranteed minimum number of hours per week.

5. 4.0
      Current Contractor, more than 1 year

I've found success-- but a lot of that is luck.

Mar 8, 2021 - Graphic Designer in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Booking your first gig with Creative Circle is one of the difficult things about finding jobs with a creative staffing agency. But once you're able to build more of a rapport and familiarity with some recruiters, that'll be the key to ensure that you can book other gigs. This is more advice for other freelancers who want to find jobs with Creative Circle-- recruiters will help you find jobs and will (sometimes) advocate for you with different jobs, but understand that you need to advocate for yourself. If you can find other freelancers who have to go through this same process, commiserate! Share your salaries/hourly rates with each other. Find solidarity with your fellow workers and know that you are more than whatever quantitative value a company assigns to your labor.

Cons

Once you're registered with them, you'll be receiving lots of emails about different gig opportunities. You'll be responding to many of those with no response from the recruiter-- but that's ok! Just keep responding back and something will bite. Also, when a recruiter tells you what a certain job's rate is, you can negotiate! Most companies expect there to be some kind of rate negotiation, even if they're working with a staffing agency like CC. So do it! I wasn't told this when I started, and it was only through advocating for myself that I realized negotiating was standard.

6. 1.0
      Former Employee

Company is lead by an abusive pack of BULLIES!!!

Oct 26, 2021 - Sales/Recruiting
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great money if you’re willing to sacrifice your time, energy and values to scratch and claw your way to the top and not think twice about those you hurt along the way.

Cons

Where do I start??? For starters, there’s ZERO diversity. Just lots and lots of white people in pretty much every office. And, that’s one of the least disturbing aspects of the company. During my time at Creative Circle, which was several years, I was ruthlessly bullied and gaslighted by “leadership.” I experienced gender discrimination and harassment from the highest level. HR is an absolute joke and does nothing but back up and cover for their toxic leaders, never listening or supporting the people out in the field that actually matter. No one is good enough unless you’re one of the very top few producers in the company that have been there forever and get all the special treatment. Chances are you won’t be and so the bullying will inevitably begin. Senior “leaders” will tear you down and wear you down. They’ll spread lies, talk about you behind your back, and try to turn your peers against you. Your success and tenure will rely solely on your manager’s personal feelings towards you. The entire operation is incredibly unprofessional, with the worst offenders at the at the C- and VP- levels, setting the destructive and abusive tone for the rest of the company. I still have PTSD from working there as do many other former employees. Sales, metrics and "motivation" are all driven entirely by bullying and fear. They'll encourage you to take time off but then turn around and press you to continually work longer hours. If you do take a day or two off, they'll expect you to work twice as hard to make up the metrics (i.e., calls, interviews, client meetings, etc.) for the days you were off and then say you aren't performing to standards if you can't stuff 5 days of unrealistic expectations to begin with, into 3 or 4 days. It’s super cut-throat and backstabbing by your teammates and “leadership” is rampant. The culture is as toxic as it gets and the VPs are unapologetically cruel with a complete lack of empathy. Creative Circle is a horrifying place to work! The awful "leaders" at the top will work you into the ground, treat you like garbage, and make your life miserable. Ask anyone that’s been there longer than a year, from any market, that isn’t in management. They’ll all tell you the same…it’s profit before people!

2 people found this review helpful

Creative Circle Response

Customer Care

Hello, and thank you for sharing your perspective. We truly value your opinion and are taking your feedback very seriously, and we’d like to speak with you more. Please email humanresources@creativecircle.com, and we'll make sure you talk to the right person immediately.

7. 2.0
      Former Freelancer

Why Bother with Creative Circle?

Sep 12, 2021 - Graphic Designer in Blackwood, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

The reps they had there at the time were willing to place you in an assignment that fit your background.

Cons

None of these jobs were ever temp to permanent and you never feel like a real employee at any company you work with. Placement with certain clients can not always be a fit. I experienced quite a bit of racism at several assignments despite my years of experience and my portfolio. Lack of communication on the part of the reps at Creative Circle Now, you can’t get anyone on the phone or email and my online timecard account was mysteriously suspended.

8. 4.0
      Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Contracted to an educational publishing company

Jul 26, 2021 - Graphic Designer in New Rochelle, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Contract job, creative circle made the process easy and was supportive

Cons

Once contracted little contact, job provided little to no onboarding training and did not have a direct overseer but still maintained high expectations

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great workplace

Aug 16, 2021 - Graphic Designer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very personable and understanding, competitive salary, good benefits, very understanding

Cons

i dont really have any cons for this position at creative circle

10. 3.0
      Former Contractor

It's a staffing firm

Apr 29, 2021 - Anonymous Contractor
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Someone I met at an industry-related event recommended them to me. My experience is that they can find you a short or long-term position, and this can happen very quickly if the company wants to work with you. There are jobs to be found. - They started offering real, though scant, benefits to their contractors who are W-2. - The email list kind of helps take some of the work out of hunting for jobs, since listings come to your inbox.

Cons

When I worked at another job which sometimes hired via staffing firms, one of the managers was telling me about what it's like to hire with Creative Circle — as opposed to hiring someone as independently / 1099. They told me their fee was something like 50-100% of the pay for the contractor, so they were reluctant to choose those candidates for that reason. So that much is true.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 189 Reviews