Creative Circle Employee Reviews about "creative circle"
Updated Nov 16, 2021
Found 77 of over 925 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Question - I’m an experienced producer(agency and production company side) from London and just got to NYC 4 weeks ago on a sponsored Visa. I understand the industry is going through a tough time out here just now but getting Covid level responses on jobs(none) and off the scale ghosting from recruiters. Within this time period I’ve had freelance offers from back home. So just wondering if anyone has any advice on where to find stuff? I’m using Linkedin, Glassdoor, Creative Circle etc
Got a burning question about Creative Circle? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Creative Circle employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "Great people to work with." (in 31 reviews)
- "Staff is friendly and professional in person" (in 21 reviews)
- "Such a great team to be a part of." (in 19 reviews)
- "Pay is great, and the recruiter are professional" (in 17 reviews)
- "I've never worked for a company with such an amazing culture and people." (in 11 reviews)
- "No accruable personal days or health benefits no matter how long you've been with the agency." (in 30 reviews)
- "communication is lacking between the recruiter and the other two parties" (in 14 reviews)
- "The compensation or salaries of the jobs they offer is low." (in 10 reviews)
- "Bad management" (in 9 reviews)
- "I actually suspect I've lost at least as much money going through these guys as I have made going through them." (in 7 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Creative Circle and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Reviews about "creative circle"Return to all Reviews
- Current Contractor, more than 3 years★★★★★
Great source for supplemental workOct 12, 2014 - Contract Design Professional in Dallas, TXRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
• Good ability to match opportunity to skills/designer. • Steady source of variety of possible opportunities, along with spot projects to add to fill up a schedule. • Highly communicative and supportive office staff. If you're looking for a variety of short-term design opportunities to fill in around other more steady gigs, or if you're a new designer looking for assignments to build a portfolio, you'll do well with CC. I suspect those that grumble about their relationship with Creative Circle are the types that are most comfortable in a more structured work environment. CC expects you'll be able to do certain things like handle your own schedule, and conduct dealings with the client in a professional manner. To that point, my experience has been you get back what you put in. Share updates regularly, do high-caliber work, enhance your reputation with the CC recruiters and in a relatively short period of time, they'll be supplying you with a steady array of gigs aligned to your skills, or even putting you up for full time roles that are a comfortable fit. SImply stated, employ good work ethics, and be selective about the assignments you take on.
Pay level per hour or salary-based are low, but assume that's also often by client insistence. Hard to add many more cons - I've gotten pretty much I was looking for as far as ancillary contract projects.
- Former Employee★★★★★
Great Internship Program!Nov 18, 2015 -RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I worked this past summer as a marketing intern under Jackie Garcia for Creative Circle in Los Angeles and loved it. Jackie is a wonderful person to work for and I would definitely recommend the Creative Circle internship to any students looking to explore the sphere of marketing. My work ranged from helping shoot a video on the food truck culture of Los Angeles to managing the company Instagram for a day in the life of an intern segment. I felt like the work I was doing was really useful and I enjoyed everything I did. Everyone at Creative Circle is so friendly and helpful and the work environment can't be beat!
I didn't have any negative experiences working at Creative Circle
- Former Contractor★★★★★
Rip offJul 8, 2018 - Anonymous ContractorRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
No pros come to mind.
Unethical payment practices. Check the compensation levels at other agencies for similar jobs and they are often 2x or more than what creative circle offer. They take a huge chunk of your salary.
- Current Freelancer, less than 1 year★★★★★
Good Source for CreativesNov 4, 2019 - Freelance Graphic DesignerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Creative Circle is a great source for creatives looking for opportunities to gain additional income or exposure to different companies.
There is a lot of competition in the creative space, so opportunities are sometimes far and few between, especially for jobs in the suburbs.
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★
A wonderful place to work internallyOct 11, 2018 - Recruiter in Denver, CORecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Creative Circle offers a wonderful and supportive culture and working environment. They care about their employees and put constant effort into making sure they are happy. The base pay is great and commission uncapped, so lots of potential to make money. Benefits are wonderful as well, with a generous 401(k) match and great health insurance.
Identically structured days, not much change in tasks. It's not for everyone, but you can keep it interesting if you try.Continue reading
- Former Contractor★★★★★
They work hard for youJan 9, 2021 - Marketing Copywriter in Chicago, ILRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I've gotten many gigs through Creative Circle and the Chicago team always works hard to find me a great placement.
You get what you put out there. You have to be willing to keep in touch if you don't hear back for a while.
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★
I love working here!Mar 24, 2017 - Recruiter in Chicago, ILRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Company Culture, Opportunity, Upper Management, Work-Life Balance, Company Mission and Values, Supportive Environment
Creative Circle is a wonderful company to work for that has provided me with endless opportunities for growth both professionally and personally. I have no Cons!
- Current Contractor, less than 1 year★★★★★
When a project doesn't make total sense...Mar 6, 2023 - Senior Graphic Designer in Minneapolis, MNRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
It's difficult for an employer to propose a task they do not understand because they've lost the people who understood it. Creative Circle made the best of an uncertain situation and negotiated a fair hourly rate to work through the uncertainty. As a result, all I needed to do was be flexible.
There are multiple cons to working freelance/contract. These come along with working the same jobs with Creative Circle. Creative Circle can't reasonably do away with these issues. But Creative Circle does actively check in to help deal with them.
- Current Contractor, more than 1 year★★★★★
Great way to get startedJan 12, 2015 - Graphic Designer in Seattle, WARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Working with Creative Circle is a great way for designers who are just starting their careers to get experience and meet people. Huge opportunity to grow and develop as a professional! Lots of different little jobs means lots of diverse experiences. It's a great way to learn new skills and practice old ones.
Eventually, you might want to settle down. Creative Circle offers almost all temporary jobs - very few full time, permanent jobs. This means you have to be flexible and willing to pick up where another designer left off, or leave a project for another designer to pick up. If you decide you'd like to work somewhere permanently, you can't work with any company that found you through Creative Circle, unless that company pays CC a fee. This can leave you in an awkward, in-between spot.
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★
They take 50% of your billing rate / Poorly OrganizedMay 28, 2021 - ConsultantRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
There are some nice people who work there but they are not informed or forward-thinking. All interactions are reactive vs. proactive. The onus is on the consultant to drive the process and ask questions. No formal onboarding offered here when it is standard for every other agency.
Creative Circles take 50% of the billing rate which explains why their rates are so low compared to other agencies. They are not organized on the front end and it is radio silence while you are on a project. As a consultant, I had to drive the process from the beginning, and ask questions throughout the process on how to handle procedures that could have been easily communicated from the get-go. They act like anything you are asking them that it is the first time any candidate has asked them. One hand is not talking to the other. It upsets clients and the consultants.Continue reading