Creative Circle Employee Reviews about "gigs"

Updated Jan 9, 2021

3.6
Creative Circle CEO Creative Circle (no image)
Creative Circle
Pros
  • "Quality screening of potential gigs(in 18 reviews)

• "Great pay and work-life balance(in 15 reviews)

• Cons
  • "As good as freelance work can get(in 51 reviews)

• "Anyway, she told me to apply at a lower hourly rate because I wasn't as qualified as other candidates(in 22 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Creative Circle and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "gigs"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Contractor

They work hard for you

Jan 9, 2021 - Marketing Copywriter in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've gotten many gigs through Creative Circle and the Chicago team always works hard to find me a great placement.

Cons

You get what you put out there. You have to be willing to keep in touch if you don't hear back for a while.

2. 5.0
      Current Contractor, more than 1 year

Why I love Creative Circle

Mar 17, 2020 - Creative Freelancer in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Ever since Casey Splain (Recruiter at Creative Circle) reached out to me, I have been nothing but impressed with the relationship I have found in the company. They have booked me numerous creative freelance gigs, and they continue to send me intriguing job ops via email. Creative Circle is always prompt to respond, and they get things moving along quickly.

Cons

I wish I was available for more of the opportunities they send my way.

3. 5.0
      Current Contractor, more than 8 years

Great tallent agency

Dec 5, 2019 - Drupal Developer in Santa Rosa, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Quality screening of potential gigs They're W4 so they handle the taxes for you Healthy SF access FT, PT, and Contract work almost always available

Cons

If client doesn't pay them they don't pay you

4. 4.0
      Current Contractor, more than 3 years

Great source for supplemental work

Oct 12, 2014 - Contract Design Professional in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

• Good ability to match opportunity to skills/designer. • Steady source of variety of possible opportunities, along with spot projects to add to fill up a schedule. • Highly communicative and supportive office staff. If you're looking for a variety of short-term design opportunities to fill in around other more steady gigs, or if you're a new designer looking for assignments to build a portfolio, you'll do well with CC. I suspect those that grumble about their relationship with Creative Circle are the types that are most comfortable in a more structured work environment. CC expects you'll be able to do certain things like handle your own schedule, and conduct dealings with the client in a professional manner. To that point, my experience has been you get back what you put in. Share updates regularly, do high-caliber work, enhance your reputation with the CC recruiters and in a relatively short period of time, they'll be supplying you with a steady array of gigs aligned to your skills, or even putting you up for full time roles that are a comfortable fit. SImply stated, employ good work ethics, and be selective about the assignments you take on.

Cons

Pay level per hour or salary-based are low, but assume that's also often by client insistence. Hard to add many more cons - I've gotten pretty much I was looking for as far as ancillary contract projects.

5 people found this review helpful
    5. 1.0
      Current Contractor, more than 3 years

Freelancers stay away!

Sep 4, 2018 - Graphic Designer in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Provides some gigs for freelancers looking to pick up extra work.

Cons

No transparency to discuss fees with freelance clients they connect you with. This means freelancers get paid far less than they should.

2 people found this review helpful

Creative Circle Response

Answers

We appreciate the feedback but want to clarify some points in your review. We value the connections we build with our candidates and make sure that we are within industry standards for compensation. Our candidates let us know their desired hourly rates when they meet with our recruiters, and we only communicate job positions that fall within that range. Additionally, we place our candidates in roles with rates that are agreed upon prior to starting. If you feel that your compensation does not reflect the work you are doing, we encourage you to reach out to the recruiter who placed you. If you have additional information you'd like to share, please email us at answers@creativecircle.com.

6. 2.0
      Current Contractor, less than 1 year

They don't care about you

Apr 29, 2014 - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast placement and lots of gigs

Cons

I've worked with them in the past and they did place me at full-time staff position years ago. This time around I am freelance to perm. Terrible communication, disorganized. They did everything wrong from the minute I stepped in the door, from having an outdated resume to losing the background check and therefore costing me a week's worth of work. They placed me then didn't respond to my emails. Totally ignored me and left me on my own. My first paycheck was weeks late because the recruiter didn't set up my supervisor in the system. When I contacted my recruiter about the lag, she said, "You'll get paid. Promise!!" Entirely unprofessional. They only offered vision and dental even though I was a full-time freelance contractor. They contacted me two days before my contract ended and I responded to the recruiter's email and she never wrote back. Now they are sending me job postings that have nothing to do with my field or what I do. So frustrating. Whatever can go wrong will go wrong.

11 people found this review helpful
    7. 1.0
      Former Employee

Not employee centered

Jun 10, 2018 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of freelance opportunities for those looking for short term gigs

Cons

They don’t care about the employees. When I first met with my recruiter I gave them exactly what I was looking for and explicitly said I wanted long term contract work or direct hire. They kept sending me short term freelance roles and contacting me about them saying I was a great fit and that I needed more experience for a direct hire/full time role and that these short term roles were going to help my resume. I decided to take one of these short term roles and it was not what I had expected. I didn’t learn anything. When it was over I was contacted for another similar role and I interviewed for it and realized that the role and the team were not a good fit for me so I declined it. The recruiter basically harrased me for two days trying to change my mind because I was “passing up a great opportunity to work with a great team” this was after I had explained my reasonings. She basically told me I wasn’t going to be considered anymore. She clearly didn’t care about finding me the right job.

18 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Friendly staff with industry experience

Aug 11, 2014 - Anonymous Contractor in Minneapolis, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly staff who actively want to find you a job, not just because it's their job but because they enjoy helping people find creative gigs. The recruiters have industry experience, so they've always given me good career advice and tips. They also deal with any client issues so you don't have to.

Cons

They take a cut of your rate like any other staffing agency (they are a business, after all) but considering they found me the job, it's a lot more than the $0/per hour I was making!

9. 5.0
      Current Contractor

Freelance Graphic Designer

Apr 7, 2017 - Freelance Graphic Designer in Brooklyn, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

I'm getting consistent freelance gigs. I've work with other company and none has giving me as much work as Creative Circle.

Cons

I wish they can give more of a direction towards the type of design work I prefer to do. Give a direction to grown from a Jr designer, to mid level designer, to Sr. Designer, to an Art Director.

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 4.0
      Current Freelancer, more than 3 years

Freelance Copywriter

Oct 20, 2015 - Freelance Copywriter in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

They land you gigs you couldn't get on your own and are always trying to hook you up with good stuff.

Cons

You get paid through them, not who you freelance for, so obviously they're charging the client more than they're actually paying you. I mean, how else would they stay in business?

Viewing 1 - 10 of 18 Reviews