Creative Circle "gigs" Reviews | Glassdoor

Creative Circle Employee Reviews about "gigs"

Updated 5 Dec 2019

2.8
Creative Circle CEO Creative Circle (no image)
Creative Circle
Pros
  • "Ended up with a good full-time position (which is what I was hoping for) pretty quickly(in 22 reviews)

• "Quality screening of potential gigs(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "I was met with rudeness each time I explained to the recruiter or coordinator that I work full time and can't always pick up my phone(in 36 reviews)

• "No cons or flags from my experience(in 15 reviews)

Reviews about "gigs"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great tallent agency"

Current Contractor - Drupal Developer in Santa Rosa, CA

I have been working at Creative Circle for more than 8 years

Pros

Quality screening of potential gigs They're W4 so they handle the taxes for you Healthy SF access FT, PT, and Contract work almost always available

Cons

If client doesn't pay them they don't pay you

Creative Circle2019-12-06

"Freelancers stay away!"

Current Contractor - Graphic Designer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Creative Circle for more than 3 years

Pros

Provides some gigs for freelancers looking to pick up extra work.

Cons

No transparency to discuss fees with freelance clients they connect you with. This means freelancers get paid far less than they should.

Advice to Management

Adjust your pay scales to reflect the reality of being a freelancer. We are not full-time employees. Our hourly rates reflect that.

Creative Circle2018-09-04

"Not employee centered"

I worked at Creative Circle

Pros

Lots of freelance opportunities for those looking for short term gigs

Cons

They don’t care about the employees. When I first met with my recruiter I gave them exactly what I was looking for and explicitly said I wanted long term contract work or direct hire. They kept sending me short term freelance roles and contacting me about them saying I was a great fit and that I needed more experience for a direct hire/full time role and that these short term roles were going to help my resume. I... decided to take one of these short term roles and it was not what I had expected. I didn’t learn anything. When it was over I was contacted for another similar role and I interviewed for it and realized that the role and the team were not a good fit for me so I declined it. The recruiter basically harrased me for two days trying to change my mind because I was “passing up a great opportunity to work with a great team” this was after I had explained my reasonings. She basically told me I wasn’t going to be considered anymore. She clearly didn’t care about finding me the right job.

Creative Circle2018-06-11

"Woah, woah, woah... you did WHAT?"

Current Freelancer - Freelance Graphic Designer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Creative Circle for less than a year

Pros

Sounded like a good opportunity to get gigs.

Cons

One of my references is not only a client, but a very close friend. He forwarded me the correspondence from Creative Circle. The questions they asked I'm pretty sure prospective employers aren't allowed by law to ask. However, that's not the offensive part. They sent my client a thank you letter for filling out their form... ...Attached to it was a brochure for their services. They literally attempted to... take my client... my reference, put from under me. I'm extremely upset by this! I'm my book, that's unethical. I called the recruiter today and she was conveniently working out of the office. I haven't gotten a call back yet.

Advice to Management

Don't send your recruit's clients your marketing info to go into direct competition with the recruit. That's unethical.

Creative Circle2018-04-26

"Messy and unorganized."

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in New York, NY

I worked at Creative Circle for more than a year

Pros

As a contractor, I’ve found them helpful for quick gigs. I’ve even had repeat clients. They pay in a timely fashion, which is a plus. Associating with them has never yielded anything long term.

Cons

The New York office seems like it’s a mess. Their communication is sloppy and haphazard, and it seems like a new agent is assigned to the same project everyday.

Advice to Management

Get it together. You’re definitely not running a tight ship.

Creative Circle2018-02-20
  6. "Desigenr"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Creative Circle for less than a year

Pros

They get you very good gigs, powerful connections to major companies.

Cons

They get a huge cut from you pay, prepared for almost minimal wage.

Creative Circle2017-10-18

"Freelance Graphic Designer"

Current Contractor - Freelance Graphic Designer in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Creative Circle

Pros

I'm getting consistent freelance gigs. I've work with other company and none has giving me as much work as Creative Circle.

Cons

I wish they can give more of a direction towards the type of design work I prefer to do. Give a direction to grown from a Jr designer, to mid level designer, to Sr. Designer, to an Art Director.

Advice to Management

Work with your freelance designer to move up in their field of work.

Creative Circle2017-04-07
  8. "Cattle Call"

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Creative Circle

Pros

I was able to get a few gigs through them, though none that were long-lasting or lucrative.

Cons

What you can expect: Lots of emails for openings, though you'll rarely hear back from them if you respond to them. Occasional calls where they'll ask to submit you for openings, though they'll rarely follow up with you as they're submitting god knows how many other people. Oh, you'll also need to drastically cut your regular freelance rate so that they can take the bulk of it, thus contributing to the horrible... market for creatives.

Advice to Management

It's pretty obvious you're submitting fake reviews. I've never met any freelance creative who is happy with the way they've been treated by Creative Circle.

Creative Circle2016-05-12
  9. "Freelance Copywriter"

Current Freelancer - Freelance Copywriter in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Creative Circle for more than 3 years

Pros

They land you gigs you couldn't get on your own and are always trying to hook you up with good stuff.

Cons

You get paid through them, not who you freelance for, so obviously they're charging the client more than they're actually paying you. I mean, how else would they stay in business?

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, but be honest about what you're taking off the top.

Creative Circle2015-10-21

"Management snobbish"

Production Artist/Photo Retoucher in Seattle, WA

I worked at Creative Circle for more than 3 years

Pros

Great opportunity for freelance or contract gigs

Cons

Management stuck up attitudes and indifferent to job seekers

Advice to Management

Clean house

Creative Circle2015-06-10