Creative Images Institute of Cosmetology Reviews | Glassdoor

Creative Images Institute of Cosmetology Reviews

Found 10 reviews

3.3
  1. "Summary Review of Creative Images"

I have been working at Creative Images Institute of Cosmetology full-time

Pros

Family owned and operated with a dedication to creating outstanding working environments that encourage productivity measured by the success of their students. Definitely an industry leader.

Cons

Hard to appease the students 8 hours per day and tendency to have too much drama. Also hard to maintain educators so too much turnover.

Advice to Management

You must be good at managing women as they represent the majority of the workforce. Be prepared to deal with employees, students and parents (who often think their adult children do no wrong).

Creative Images Institute of Cosmetology2017-10-16
  2. "Dedicated to student success in school and beyond in their career"

I have been working at Creative Images Institute of Cosmetology full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Creative Images is dedicated to the success of its students, in school and beyond. Complaints arise, for the most part, when policies/procedures are not followed; and also, due to lack of commitment and dedication. It is a great place to work. Most employees are friendly, willing to go above and beyond, and truly care about what they are there for - to help the students achieve the dream they state that they want.

Cons

There is so much time spent on trying to appease students/staff who are not abiding by policies and striving for positive involvement/training, that the students and staff who are there to accomplish success and serve, suffer. If there was more of a team mentality, problem areas could be discussed, worked through, and improved. Those with the biggest complaints are those who bring little effort to the team and aren't...

Advice to Management

Increased development in management skills and department-specific circumstances would help management improve and add more benefit to their staff.

Creative Images Institute of Cosmetology2019-05-21
  3. "Depressing place to be..students feel beat down and employees are not happy with low pay"

Former Employee - Educator in Centerville, OH

I worked at Creative Images Institute of Cosmetology full-time for more than a year

Pros

Helping students learn how to be a stylist and progress

Cons

Working every Saturday with very low pay in a facility with rodents and cabinet doors that are falling off the students stations. Sad to see the students suffer with not enough educators since you do not keep them due to low pay.

Advice to Management

Put money into the facility so it doesnt look run down,theres way too much paperwork, pay your educators above poverty level and get pest control!

Creative Images Institute of Cosmetology2019-05-20

"Worst place ever... new owner needs to sell to a qualified leader in this industry"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Centerville, OH

Pros

None.... there are not any

Cons

No organization No training Their “best practice” is the fastest way to failure New owner is an opinionated know it all School has been renamed to hide from illegal business practices They should not even be allowed to call the business a school

Advice to Management

Get rid of Charlie Gross Sell to someone honest Get your hands out of current and future students pockets STUDENTS : Beware!!!!!!!! Go elsewhere for your career!!! Like Paul Mitchell Not kidding

Creative Images Institute of Cosmetology2018-08-14
  5. "A caring, progressive school geared toward equipping students with resources needed succed in the beauty industry."

I have been working at Creative Images Institute of Cosmetology full-time

Pros

The staff is amazing and goes above and beyond to assist students in their journey to completing their career goals and fulfilling the mission and vision statements of the school.

Cons

There are students who complain and blame staff when they are not following the rules and guidelines agreed to in their enrollment agreement and student catalog. It makes it difficult for staff to assist them when this happens.

Creative Images Institute of Cosmetology2017-08-30
  6. "An awesome school that cares about its students' career success!"

Pros

A amazing staff who go above and beyond to assist students. Great opportunities for students to be successful in school and their future careers.

Cons

Many times students complain about situations because they haven't read and/or followed rules and guidelines set forth in their signed contract and the school's Handbook and Information/Guidelines.

Creative Images Institute of Cosmetology2017-08-31
    • "Amazing Career Experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I worked at Creative Images Institute of Cosmetology full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Such a rewarding position. This job invested so much in my growth and helping me gain more experience. My mangers were very hands-off and allowed me to run my own projects and only helped when I asked. I also got paid to travel to different beauty events which is seriously my life dream!

Cons

May have to work some weekends but they compensate you for it and they're always fun events!

Advice to Management

Ensure that all departments are communicating with each other and increase salary pay to those who deserve it.

Creative Images Institute of Cosmetology2017-04-05
    • "Avoid this school at all costs"

I have been working at Creative Images Institute of Cosmetology full-time

Pros

There are no pros about this place

Cons

The list could go on forever! SO many cons about this place.. the staffing is not reliable. The management team can't get on the same page. They lie to you and threaten you. Not even worth going there.

Creative Images Institute of Cosmetology2017-03-28
    • "Not What It Seems"

I worked at Creative Images Institute of Cosmetology

Pros

It's a small, privately held company with some great employees, with an average of 60 students at the Centerville campus and 130 at the Vandalia campus.

Cons

In a company with approximately 30 employees, the turnover rate is 50% and has been for at least a few years. In the 6 months I was employed, 14 people either quit or were let go. Expect to work long hours for little pay with a high possibility of being micro-managed and/or constantly feeling as though you are on the verge of losing your job. New ideas aren't implemented if they aren't from management, and having an opinion...

Creative Images Institute of Cosmetology2016-04-09
    • "My work experience with Creative Images was a positive experience."

Former Employee - Admissns Representative in Dayton, OH

I worked at Creative Images Institute of Cosmetology

Pros

Helping students with their career goals. The owners are very good people that have their employees best interest at heart.

Cons

Too many policy revisions. Very confusing for the students.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! The college is wonderful and the staff is outstanding!

Creative Images Institute of Cosmetology2011-01-26