Credera Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 6, 2019

4.8
Credera CEO Justin Bell
Justin Bell
  1. "Company that cultivates growth"

Current Employee - Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Credera full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've worked at Credera for a year now. In that time, I have been granted opportunities to stretch myself professionally with grace from team members. I am consistently inspired and motivated by the high-caliber employees Credera recruits. My mentorship experience is unparalleled - I am grateful to have a mentor who invests in my professional career growth and personal life as well. Colleagues quickly and easily... become friends because we share core values.

Cons

Periodically, I've felt a lack of support from the leadership team while on client projects. With that said, I don't think bad intentions drive these feelings; rather, it's a matter of our leaders being stretched too thin across a dozen different areas of focus.

Advice to Management

Hire with growth in mind. We lack a strong middle management team which can lead to poorly staffed projects and a gap for consistent mentorship.

Credera2019-09-06

September 13, 2019

Thank you for providing your feedback on your experience. We’re glad you’ve found value in mentorship and stretch opportunities professionally as well personally. We are grateful you are on our team. We are sorry that your experience has not met all of your expectations, and we value your ideas and welcome all feedback on how we can increase support while we continue to grow. We encourage you to share your ideas and thoughts with our partner team.

2. "People that actually care!"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Credera full-time

Pros

Really talented management and peers who care about your career

Cons

Non a good job for people not looking to be challenged

Credera2019-09-06

September 13, 2019

Thank you for providing your feedback on your experience with us. We are glad you feel cared for and challenged. Our culture is one that we value. Feel free to share any ideas or feedback directly with our leadership team. We’d love to hear from you!

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Great Firm, Great People, Great Culture"

Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Credera full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

- smart, caring, growth oriented people - "do the right thing" culture - it is like a high performing team, everyone knows their role is does their best to do their job as effectively as possible - great clients, both local and global

Cons

- not a 9-5 job, if you don't like that, don't apply, you have to be willing to be flexible and actually enjoy your work. clients are paying lots of money for high quality consulting services and some people are cut out for that kind of work or just don't want to do it. save yourself the headache if you aren't performance oriented and don't like making a difference. people who work at credera like to make things... happen. I don't really see this as a con, but couldn't think of anything else.

Advice to Management

keep up the good work. this is an amazing place.

Credera2019-04-23

April 24, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are so glad to hear how much you enjoy the culture, employees, and client work. We really appreciate your candid thoughts on what motivates our employees and what is takes to really thrive here. For any additional thoughts or feedback, feel free to provide it in this anonymous survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CrederaGlassdoor. We are so thankful to have you in the Credera family and wish many more years with us.

"A Porsche driving on dirt roads"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Credera full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The Porsche: - Phenomenal talent and expertise - Great Culture - Great Values (everyone cares for each other and focus on client satisfaction)

Cons

The Dirt Roads: Internal tools are inadequate and obsolete. Lack of collaboration tools and standards. We still do business by emailing each other powerpoints. This has caused the proliferation of tools and it hurts our productivity. We use email, #slack, Onedrive, Dropbox, Skype, Uber, google, etc etc.

Advice to Management

Focus on helping your employees be productive. The obsolete collaboration tools and jungle of apps and platforms create friction and bring morality and productivity down.

Credera2018-09-07

September 10, 2018Recruiter

Thank you for providing your thoughts and feedback. We are glad to hear you appreciate of the caliber of folks hired into the Credera family, and the values-driven culture we provide. We also welcome your thoughts on improving our internal tools and productivity to allow for higher efficiency, and invite you to be a part of these efforts by reaching out to leadership directly with any specific recommendations or ideas. Alternatively, you can also share additional thoughts or ideas in this anonymous survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CrederaGlassdoor.

6. "Great Culture, Great People"

Current Intern - Tech Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Credera for less than a year

Pros

The interview process was great, from the beginning with on-campus recruiting to the first day of training. Everyone has been willing to answer my questions every step of the way, and make sure that I am getting the most out of my internship.

Cons

There's no housing that comes with the internship, so it was slightly difficult to find housing for the summer.

Credera2018-06-12

June 13, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and we are so glad to hear that you feel you are receiving a positive internship experience!

7. "Glad I made the switch!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Credera full-time for more than a year

Pros

I came to Credera a year ago after over 7 years in the defense industry. It's scary to make such a big career change after that long, but I'm so glad I did. I came for the intimate client relationships with fast feedback cycles and have not been disappointed. What's really stood out though, is how I always feel like the people I'm working with are not only great at their jobs, but also have my back. I never feel... like anything falls on my shoulders alone and that's taken so much stress out of my work life and made it fun again.

Cons

Coming from a very large company, I did lose a few vacation days and pay a little more for insurance, but that's been more than compensated for by my salary here. Consulting as an industry can make maintaining a work/life balance harder than defense. Thankfully, Credera does a great job of limiting the need to travel and supporting family life - I actually travel far less now than I did in the defense industry.

Advice to Management

I've been impressed with how well management solicits and listens to advice from the whole company - I'd encourage them to take that a step further by consistently engaging more when they hear advice and digging deeper with an individual to really flesh out both their advice and the concerns behind their advice.

Credera2018-03-28

April 2, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are so happy to hear your career switch has been a positive experience, and glad you feel supported and taken care of by those with whom you work. We also appreciate your thoughts regarding advice for management and encourage you to speak to leadership directly when you see areas of improvement. We welcome your feedback. We are grateful you decided to join the Credera family and wish you many more years with us!

8. "Many opportunities at Credera"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Credera full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been at Credera for a year and half now and have greatly enjoyed my experience thus far. I am consistently provided with interesting opportunities that stretch me from a professional and personal perspective. Being at a smaller firm has allowed me to step into roles that would have taken years to earn at the larger firm I came from. Additionally, leadership does an excellent job to equip me to be successful... at these roles while also giving me autonomy to own the work I do. My mentors and managers regularly check in on me to make sure I am getting the resources and input I need as well as seeing how I am doing personally. I feel known and valued at Credera and am very thankful to be a part of this unique group of people.

Cons

Being at a smaller organization can at times mean less flashy and incentivizing benefits (e.g., phone subsidy, fitness subsidy, etc. ). In my opinion, these tradeoffs are well worth it for the cultural benefits and career opportunities you receive at Credera.

Advice to Management

We are continuing to experience a lot of growth within the organization (which is great), but requires changing some of the established processes and practices to be successful. I know leadership is well aware of this and doing a great job to have open discussions around this topic. Continue to invest time and resources towards these efforts, they are valuable and needed.

Credera2017-10-12

October 12, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and we are so happy you have enjoyed your time here at Credera. We have some exciting initiatives planned for 2018 focused on feedback we’ve received so far, so stay tuned!

"Feels like home"

Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Credera full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been at Credera now for almost a year, and I can confidently say that there is nothing I would rather do than spend years and years here. The people are crazy smart, genuinely caring, incredibly driven, and yet they still know that work is not the end all be all. Credera is family, but real family always comes first.

Cons

Really, the only thing I can say is that Credera isn't a name that jumps out on a resume, but I like that I work for a company the size of Credera.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, which is growing business, technology, and creative leaders and listening honestly to everyone that offers feedback.

Credera2017-05-20

May 22, 2017

We really appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback and love hearing that you feel Credera is a place you want to be long-term. We hope you do spend years and years with us, and continue to contribute to the company and the culture!

"Incredible Place to Work"

Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Credera for less than a year

Pros

Core Values, Corporate Culture, and Opportunities for Growth

Cons

Compensation is right at or below average.

Credera2017-05-05

May 5, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write this review- we are happy to know how you feel about working at Credera!

"Be A Part of Something Greater Than Yourself"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Credera full-time for more than a year

Pros

Truly unique culture. Having came from Industry, I can say Credera's culture is a differentiator as an employer, and you will appreciate the camaraderie and family atmosphere. You are rewarded for hard work. At Credera you are more than just a number, and your hard work will deliver tangible value to your client and be recognized accordingly, both on a personal as well as company level. For instance, when... numbers are hit for the year, the company picks up the tab for every employee and spouse to attend a company trip. High opportunity for growth and self improvement. Co-workers are extremely talented and motivate you to want to expand your knowledge base to constantly grow as a consultant. It is refreshing to go to work and learn something new everyday. Service to the community. Like to give back to your local community? Credera does as well, provides many avenues to volunteer both during company time as well as outside to make a difference. Unique Consulting Experience. When you hear consulting, you might first envision being gone from the family Monday through Friday, living out of a hotel. Credera does work to put their employees in positions where travel is the exception and not the rule, so you can still maintain a proper work life balance. Credera is much more than a job or an employer, but they also still recognize your family time is of utmost importance.

Cons

More than just a job. Hopefully for you, this is not a con, but for some who view work as a means to an end, this may not be for you. It is consulting, so to deliver ultimate value to your clients and the firm you need to go above and beyond the status quo.

Advice to Management

Continue to make strategic hires and trust the process. There is some teething with the growth of the smaller offices but the right individuals are in place to grow their respective markets in due time. Keep the bar high. It is an honor to work among the cream of the crop.

Credera2017-02-24

February 27, 2017

Thank you for your thoughtful comments and encouragement. You did a great job pointing out some of the things we hope make Credera a meaningful and fulfilling destination employer. We will continue to work on improving in the growth areas we have been openly discussing. We want you to know that comments like these are a boost to the leadership team's resolve and commitment to do everything we can to make Credera a helpful place for our colleagues. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us!

Found 57 reviews