Credera Reviews | Glassdoor

4.8
Credera CEO Rob Borrego
Rob Borrego

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The work-life balance is great for consulting" (in 19 reviews)

• "Credera is a company that balances the corporate world and it's challenges while still holding true to certain convictions and core values" (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • "Consulting as an industry can make maintaining a work/life balance harder than defense" (in 9 reviews)

• "As we grow, there are growing pains involved which any company would experience, but leadership does listen and they do care" (in 8 reviews)

"Love it"

I have been working at Credera full-time

Pros

Amazing culture and people!

Cons

Compensation is not competitive.

Sep 20, 2018

Thank you for providing your feedback and we’re so glad you love working at Credera! For any additional thoughts or feedback, we encourage you to speak directly to someone in leadership, or provide... More

2. "Great company - bright future"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Credera full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

amazing team of talented and caring people
    interesting and challenging work
    leadership team committed to a great culture and growing the business and people in a healthy way
    great opportunity ahead as part of the Omnicom group (e.g., access to clients and geographic reach)

Cons

some growing pains associated with scaling up

Advice to Management

just need to continue to make smart moves to help the company scale gracefully

Sep 10, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, and congratulations on 10 years with us! We are so grateful to have had you in the Credera family, and look forward to many more years with... More

"A Porsche driving on dirt roads"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Credera full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Porsche:
    - Phenomenal talent and expertise
    - Great Culture
    - Great Values (everyone cares for each other and focus on client satisfaction)

Cons

The Dirt Roads:
    Internal tools are inadequate and obsolete. Lack of collaboration tools and standards. We still do business by emailing each other powerpoints. This has caused the proliferation of tools and it hurts our productivity. We use email, #slack, Onedrive, Dropbox, Skype, Uber, google, etc etc.

Advice to Management

Focus on helping your employees be productive. The obsolete collaboration tools and jungle of apps and platforms create friction and bring morality and productivity down.

Sep 10, 2018

Thank you for providing your thoughts and feedback. We are glad to hear you appreciate of the caliber of folks hired into the Credera family, and the values-driven culture we provide. We also... More

"Excellent summer of growth and learning"

I have been working at Credera full-time

Pros

Unparalleled access to leadership and opportunities for product ownership

Cons

Racially and religiously homogeneous, very few women in upper echelons

Aug 9, 2018

Thank you for providing your feedback. We are happy to hear that your experience has allowed for growth and that you value easy access to Credera’s leadership. If you have any additional thoughts... More

"Amazing Culture and People"

I have been working at Credera full-time

Pros

I've recently started at Credera and after a short time I already feel like I'm part of the family. People at all levels of the company, both senior management and fellow consultants, have been extremely welcoming and friendly. I'm excited to go to work because I know I'll be treated with professionalism and kindness!

Cons

Expectations at Credera are very high, and I think that's a great thing. However, for someone just starting, it is a little overwhelming.

Jun 13, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and we are so glad to hear that you feel a part of the Credera family in such a short amount of time. We also encourage you to talk to your Practice Leader, Mentor, or... More

"Growing company and culture"

Current Employee - Software Architect in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Software Architect in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Credera full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Credera focuses on the person more than the title. Mentorship exists at all levels, and you can find trustworthy advice from people who want to help develop you and your career.

The work-life balance is great for consulting. Instead of the traditional consulting model of burning the youngest employees the hottest, Credera often relies on the more experienced employees to provide any extra hours needed and ensure a project runs smoothly. You may be on call or have a few extra long weeks in a year, but you're not expected to be working 60+ hours a week like many firms.

Offices in Denver and Houston are building quickly, with their own subcultures and excellent talent.

Cons

Many of your personal performance goals are based on opportunities at clients, and depending on your client it may be difficult to demonstrate growth in their model. You'll need to stretch yourself outside of your client work, but with an expected 40 hour week this is often more than doable.

As Credera grows, the company has begun adapting its culture but there have been some stumbling blocks, both from upper management and from employees. Credera will need to find ways to maintain their core values while embracing different view points.

Advice to Management

Continue finding new ways to engage a larger employee base. Promote introspection at every level to determine how

Jun 6, 2018

Thank you for the thoughtful feedback highlighting specific aspects of Credera that you value. We also appreciate you taking the time to mention growth opportunities focused on maintaining a... More

"Exciting and challenging place to work"

I have been working at Credera full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Culture
    - People
    - Type of work
    - Support of employees

Cons

- Not a lot of diversity at the top of the organization

Advice to Management

- Continue to put your people first and the great sentiment you have with employees as well as externally will thrive.

May 6, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback to us. We appreciate your comments! We encourage you to speak to anyone in leadership or in the Diversity & Inclusion committee directly about... More

8. "Glad I made the switch!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Credera full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I came to Credera a year ago after over 7 years in the defense industry. It's scary to make such a big career change after that long, but I'm so glad I did. I came for the intimate client relationships with fast feedback cycles and have not been disappointed. What's really stood out though, is how I always feel like the people I'm working with are not only great at their jobs, but also have my back. I never feel like anything falls on my shoulders alone and that's taken so much stress out of my work life and made it fun again.

Cons

Coming from a very large company, I did lose a few vacation days and pay a little more for insurance, but that's been more than compensated for by my salary here.

Consulting as an industry can make maintaining a work/life balance harder than defense. Thankfully, Credera does a great job of limiting the need to travel and supporting family life - I actually travel far less now than I did in the defense industry.

Advice to Management

I've been impressed with how well management solicits and listens to advice from the whole company - I'd encourage them to take that a step further by consistently engaging more when they hear advice and digging deeper with an individual to really flesh out both their advice and the concerns behind their advice.

Apr 2, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are so happy to hear your career switch has been a positive experience, and glad you feel supported and taken care of by those with whom... More

"Not for me"

Pros

Colleagues are smart and hard-working. It’s fun to work with people that I also like to hang out with after work.

Cons

My personal experience was that I was as rarely challenged with different/exciting opportunities (stayed on same project for long duration). Plus, they didn’t follow through on things they told me they would do, which caused great dissatisfaction.

Also, senior leaders and Partners did not seem aligned, with several Principals leaving the firm over the past couple years. Indicated to me that issues at the top would limit growth, which is exactly what happened last year.

Not a driver to leave, but I wish I would have negotiated my offer ... found out from friends that they negotiated $3-5k more.

Advice to Management

Stay true to your word. Seems like Credera mainly promotes its culture - I don’t know that I really felt a differentiation vs other places I had interned/worked.

Jan 25, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, and we are sorry to hear your experience here was not a positive one. We hope that during your time with us you felt welcome to talk to a... More

"Best Place To Work For Me."

I have been working at Credera full-time

Pros

Basically I've worked here since I got out of college over 10 years ago. A few of my friends have left over the years, but don't seem to be as happy as when we were working together at Credera. The firm pays competitively (it is not the highest paying option). What makes it great here are the people and the values the people share. When we work on a client problem together, we figure it out and no-one checks out until we have it where we want it for the day. The people genuinely care about one another. I've considered a few other companies over the years, but personally believe it is best for me to work around people I look up to and can learn from. There are lots of job options, but I believe there are only a few companies where the friends I have at work are the same ones I would hang out with outside of work and actually become a better person as a result. I believe we become who we surround ourselves with and I can't imagine a better group of people for that role in my work life. I hope I can say that again in 10 more years.

I read a couple of reviews on diversity. I would say the leadership team is doing a great job addressing this based on what is practical and attainable. I think there is still room to improve, but good faith efforts and results are being made. This is being addressed like they address other things they are working to improve, with humility, professionalism, excellence and integrity.

Cons

As I mentioned the pay is competitive but not the highest. The work is challenging and will, at some point, require you to push yourself beyond what you thought were your limits. For me, this has meant good personal and professional growth. For others, it won't be what they are looking for.

Advice to Management

I get the most out of my work when I do a good job and it is recognized as an important contribution to the the client team or firm's goals. I'd like to see continued opportunities to recognize my peers at the team and firm level. I think this is an important part of feeling like we have purpose at work and what we do matters.

Also, keep living the values, they are the most important things.

Thank you!

Dec 4, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and we are so happy you have decided to build your career with us. It is so crucial that we can continue to offer a culture that allows for... More