Credera Reviews | Glassdoor

4.6
Credera CEO Rob Borrego
Rob Borrego

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work-life balance: The leadership appreciates the need for (in 15 reviews)

• Core Values, Corporate Culture, and Opportunities for Growth (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Also the annual review process is a nightmare, though changing (in 9 reviews)

• s a systemic and cultural problem that originates with senior leadership; it undermines growth and negatively impacts morale (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Be A Part of Something Greater Than Yourself"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Credera full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Truly unique culture. Having came from Industry, I can say Credera's culture is a differentiator as an employer, and you will appreciate the camaraderie and family atmosphere.

You are rewarded for hard work. At Credera you are more than just a number, and your hard work will deliver tangible value to your client and be recognized accordingly, both on a personal as well as company level. For instance, when numbers are hit for the year, the company picks up the tab for every employee and spouse to attend a company trip.

High opportunity for growth and self improvement. Co-workers are extremely talented and motivate you to want to expand your knowledge base to constantly grow as a consultant. It is refreshing to go to work and learn something new everyday.

Service to the community. Like to give back to your local community? Credera does as well, provides many avenues to volunteer both during company time as well as outside to make a difference.

Unique Consulting Experience. When you hear consulting, you might first envision being gone from the family Monday through Friday, living out of a hotel. Credera does work to put their employees in positions where travel is the exception and not the rule, so you can still maintain a proper work life balance. Credera is much more than a job or an employer, but they also still recognize your family time is of utmost importance.

Cons

More than just a job. Hopefully for you, this is not a con, but for some who view work as a means to an end, this may not be for you. It is consulting, so to deliver ultimate value to your clients and the firm you need to go above and beyond the status quo.

Advice to Management

Continue to make strategic hires and trust the process. There is some teething with the growth of the smaller offices but the right individuals are in place to grow their respective markets in due time. Keep the bar high. It is an honor to work among the cream of the crop.

Feb 27, 2017

Thank you for your thoughtful comments and encouragement. You did a great job pointing out some of the things we hope make Credera a meaningful and fulfilling destination employer. We will continue... More

2. "Excellent organization, excellent leadership."

I have been working at Credera full-time

Pros

Leadership that truly exhibits the companies core values, communicates honestly and openly, and generates deep trust. Outstanding culture and challenging work.

Cons

The pace of work may not be for everyone.

Jul 17, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We wish you continued success with us!

3. "Great place to start your career"

I have been working at Credera full-time

Pros

Friendly people, great office space, challenging but you have leaders to help guide you.

Cons

Very little diversity on all levels.

Aug 10, 2017

Thank you for providing your feedback to us. We are happy to mention that we are working on some exciting diversity and inclusion initiatives that we look forward to sharing with the firm very soon!

"Great company to work for"

I worked at Credera full-time

Pros

Really awesome culture, everybody there is very smart and great to work with. Fast paced environment but they keep the work life balance in check. Lots of room for growth, management wants you to excel.

Cons

Employee compensation should be higher for the rates they charge the client. Some staff augmentation which should be eliminated. Types of projects are not always the best and senior leadership can do a better job of keeping client expectations.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and stay true to the core values

Jun 25, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you for your positive feedback about our people and culture, and if you have any other thoughts about areas of improvement, please don't hesitate to reach out and connect with a leader to... More

"Good company – Great People – A Few Flaws"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Credera full-time

Pros

Credera is a really good company with a positive outlook. But in line with their performance evaluation model, there’s always room for improvement and nobody gets a perfect score. I spent several formative years at Credera and learned a tremendous amount. I’m thankful for the mentorship I received and the opportunities I was given to grow as a consultant.

At a high level, Credera follows a fairly traditional, hierarchical approach as an organization and there’s nothing truly unique about their delivery of services or their methodologies. If there is any differentiator, it has to be the caliber of people at the hourly rate they offer. With that said, below are a few highlights:

Great people: Credera has great people throughout every level of the organization. People are passionate, smart, and caring enough to give you their time to make you better and make the organization better.

Strategic work: Over the last few years, they’ve expanded into more strategic opportunities which makes the work more fun and less staff-augy.

Meritocracy: Portions of the company are a meritocracy (see politics below in cons as a caveat).

Limited travel: As the company finds growth through clients in other cities but isn’t able to grow its other Geos, I think you’ll expect to see more travel for Manager/Architect and up, and occasionally for SC.

Work-life balance: The leadership appreciates the need for work-life balance. As a fairly religious company, there is respect for devotion to family, primarily at the junior levels. That being said, my utilization was over 100% for the time I was there and you can expect to work in the 50+ hour range as a Manager and above.

Cons

Micromanagement: It’s a systemic and cultural problem that originates with senior leadership; it undermines growth and negatively impacts morale.
         - It’s systemic in that decisions aren’t pushed down to capable consultants for anything client-related or internal, regardless of how small the decision; you can expect everything (including emails to counterparts at the client) to go through multiple reviews internally.
        - The geos (Houston and Denver) have not been grown successfully due in large part to the fact that they’re managed by Dallas.
        - There’s limited room for the manager/architect and below to exercise discretion and utilize their own creative skills. Your role can sometimes feel like you’re simply capturing and writing down the thoughts of senior leaders. It’s frustrating and disengaging.

Politics: It's true in some practices more than others, but the company is fairly political. I don’t feel that this ever held me back but I had to play the game.

Locker-room talk: Some of the inappropriate things said publicly by senior leaders in the monthly fireside were concerning. I’ve seen it elsewhere but it certainly doesn’t excuse it here, especially when partners are so outspoken about religion.

Faux transparency: Sharing the financials and opening up for questions is a great practice but the message is clearly massaged (e.g., not breaking out the financials for the geos and doing an open Q&A but picking softball questions).

Big Four: If you don’t have a background with the big four, you’re looked at as being less knowledgeable or competent as a consultant. So if you're just starting out in your career, you may be better off doing a few years at a larger firm and then transitioning.

Lack of Investment in People: The company runs very lean which means there are no real opportunities for professional development. It hurts their ability to attract top talent and undermines the message that their people are their most valuable resource. It can feel at times like “culture” is used as an excuse not to invest financially in people.

Please note that with these cons listed, Credera still deserves four stars and that is primarily attributable to how much I liked the teams I was on and the people I worked with.

Advice to Management

“It doesn’t make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do.” – Steve Jobs. Have a little more faith in your mid and junior level resources, and even your geo leads, to make decisions and lead.

Invest in your people.

Jun 12, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide such thorough feedback.  We appreciate your comments and perspective. Offering an enjoyable work atmosphere and culture is important to us.

As you... More

6. "Intern"

Former Employee - Intern - Monthly in Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Intern - Monthly in Addison, TX

Pros

Great company with a lot of great people. Had a relaxed yet professional work environment. A fun time for sure.

Cons

Not enough code reviews. Other than that it was a great experience, with a great company. Highly recommend.

Advice to Management

More code reviews, more time one on one with interns. Less lunches learning about each practice.

May 30, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. Specifically, the suggestion for more code reviews is helpful. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us!

"Feels like home"

Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Credera full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been at Credera now for almost a year, and I can confidently say that there is nothing I would rather do than spend years and years here. The people are crazy smart, genuinely caring, incredibly driven, and yet they still know that work is not the end all be all. Credera is family, but real family always comes first.

Cons

Really, the only thing I can say is that Credera isn't a name that jumps out on a resume, but I like that I work for a company the size of Credera.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, which is growing business, technology, and creative leaders and listening honestly to everyone that offers feedback.

May 22, 2017

We really appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback and love hearing that you feel Credera is a place you want to be long-term. We hope you do spend years and years with us, and continue to... More

"Great people. Great culture. Great client relationships."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Credera full-time

Pros

The people are truly world-class. I tell people that I hope my kids grow up to be like so many of the men and women of Credera. Highly talented, committed to client success, great teammates and really kind and caring people.

Cons

Consulting is a challenging (but rewarding) profession and so isn't for everyone, but Credera offers the opportunity to work with great people and values positive work-life integration and balance.

May 17, 2017

Thank you for providing your feedback! We are grateful you consider those you work alongside as exceptional and kind-hearted. We look forward to many more years with you.

"Principal"

Current Employee - Principal in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Principal in Denver, CO

I have been working at Credera full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

excellent talent bar, great culture, varied client set

Cons

be prepared to be pushed and be top of your game, being the best with the best takes commitment

Advice to Management

keep hiring to the standards you always have and beyond, it's a great team

May 16, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We wish you many years of success with us!

10. "Great people, clients, and firm"

I have been working at Credera full-time

Pros

Credera is the best place I have worked - ever. I have been doing this a long time and this place has amazing people that are gifted at what they do. I'm challenged and inspired by them most days. Just as important, they way they go about serving clients with high integrity is impressive.

Cons

The firm has grown headcount over the years. Maintaining communication and the culture will continue to be a challenge for them. They work at it - but it is just hard.

Advice to Management

Keep finding ways to make the place feel small even though it gets bigger. Focus more on promoting from within - external hires at high levels can be a drain on the culture. Work on leadership development to make it easier to promote from within.

Jul 19, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are so glad this has been a positive experience for you so far, and we wish you continued success here at Credera!