Credera Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 154 reviews

4.5
Credera CEO Justin Bell
Justin Bell

"Best Place To Work For Me."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Credera full-time

Pros

Basically I've worked here since I got out of college over 10 years ago. A few of my friends have left over the years, but don't seem to be as happy as when we were working together at Credera. The firm pays competitively (it is not the highest paying option). What makes it great here are the people and the values the people share. When we work on a client problem together, we figure it out and no-one checks out... until we have it where we want it for the day. The people genuinely care about one another. I've considered a few other companies over the years, but personally believe it is best for me to work around people I look up to and can learn from. There are lots of job options, but I believe there are only a few companies where the friends I have at work are the same ones I would hang out with outside of work and actually become a better person as a result. I believe we become who we surround ourselves with and I can't imagine a better group of people for that role in my work life. I hope I can say that again in 10 more years. I read a couple of reviews on diversity. I would say the leadership team is doing a great job addressing this based on what is practical and attainable. I think there is still room to improve, but good faith efforts and results are being made. This is being addressed like they address other things they are working to improve, with humility, professionalism, excellence and integrity.

Cons

As I mentioned the pay is competitive but not the highest. The work is challenging and will, at some point, require you to push yourself beyond what you thought were your limits. For me, this has meant good personal and professional growth. For others, it won't be what they are looking for.

Advice to Management

I get the most out of my work when I do a good job and it is recognized as an important contribution to the the client team or firm's goals. I'd like to see continued opportunities to recognize my peers at the team and firm level. I think this is an important part of feeling like we have purpose at work and what we do matters. Also, keep living the values, they are the most important things. Thank you!

Credera2017-12-04

December 4, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and we are so happy you have decided to build your career with us. It is so crucial that we can continue to offer a culture that allows for personal growth and the chance to work alongside those who challenge you so that, as you stated so well, you can be pushed “…beyond what you thought were your limits.” As you mentioned, we are working on areas on improvement such as our D&I initiatives, and we’re glad you are seeing these efforts and communication coming through consistently. We also appreciate the advice you offered and, outside of our peer-to-peer recognition bonus, leadership would love to hear ideas on how else we can strive to recognize the importance of recognition for a job well done for employees! We wish you another great 10 years with us!

"Moving on Up?"

I worked at Credera full-time

Pros

Amazing middle management team. This place sells culture like no one's business (although many other technology firms seem to be selling this and backing it up with awards, too. I'm at one now.). Great experience for junior resources ... just know when is when so that you can create upward mobility elsewhere at the more senior ranks.

Cons

Senior leadership level at the very top (senior partners) completely out of touch with rest of leadership. No advancement for Principals ... seems like even the very best that have been groomed internally for years aren't good enough. Only people hired from the outside make Partner (e.g., Principal made Partner last year who was with the firm less than 2 years ... not an example of someone groomed within). Lot... of talk about diversity and inclusion, but no real results. Just look at the About Us page or go search LI profiles to see what management looks like here ... white, male. So, while they sell a great culture, I guess it depends what culture you come from. Without going into much detail, #MeToo. Some other past reviews cover this.

Advice to Management

Explain why people should stay if you can't develop people into the leaders of the firm. If current Partners can't develop future Partners, consider investing in a more rigorous leadership development program that better aligns with what you are looking for in your future Partners. Continue working on the culture to be more inclusive, but treat it like you would any other thing you assess (like us) ... it's not... just effort ... results matter. So, how would you grade yourself on this and what will really move the meter to results?

Credera2017-10-25

November 2, 2017

Thank you for writing the review. We take allegations of harassment very seriously and encourage all employees to bring concerns to management so that they can be addressed. Our policy on all workplace harassment is simple – it is not tolerated. You also commented about our promotion policies and Diversity and Inclusion initiatives. Due to the sensitive nature of your review, please feel free to reach out to a leader in the Firm to follow up on these matters. - Matt Levy

"Great place to learn and grow"

I have been working at Credera full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Leadership does not expect people to be perfect, but rather have humble imperfect people learning from their mistakes - Leadership strives to be wise in their decision making as opposed to merely going with options that are easy or most popular - Corporate team works with excellence just like the consultants which helps with administrative tasks

Cons

- Internal processes are experiencing growing pains as the company adds employees, but leadership is delegating the problem solving to teams of people to resolve the issues

Credera2017-10-25

October 26, 2017

Thank you, very encouraging!

4. "Great Work Environment with Growth Potential"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Credera full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Quality of my co-workers - I love my team and would take them into any challenge - Leaders that I can emulate and leaders that will push me to reach my potential - Can accomplish great things during the day and still be there for my family on nights and weekends

Cons

No major ones that I can think of - really enjoying my time here

Advice to Management

- Keep investing in and trusting your people - Look for new methods of expanding our process of expanding to new clients

Credera2017-10-22

October 23, 2017

Thank you for providing your feedback and for your encouragement. We wish you continued success with us!

5. "Great Company & Culture"

Current Employee - Senior Architect

I have been working at Credera full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company with a culture that focuses on its people and community to foster growth personally and professionally. While the work can be tough at times our mentors and leaders strive to assist where possible … through thick and thin. The leadership team works hard to align and understand what the pulse of the employee is, sharing the good and the bad with everyone each month. The approach of the organization, its... leaderships, and employees are key reasons why so many people feel invested and willing to invest. Seeing and feeling a sense of accomplishment and belonging to something bigger is what so many look for and so few find.

Cons

Not really a con, matter of perspective, but a growing business can be tough on employees and leadership if your are not looking / willing for change.

Credera2017-10-16

October 16, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. It is great to hear what you have experienced and feel that leadership is interested in helping, serving and improving. We look forward to working with you for many more years!

6. "Still love it after 5 years!"

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Credera full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have been an employee at Credera for over 5 years now and still love this company as much as I did my first day. I came from a previous company culture of politics, back stabbing, and a lack of values. Needless to say, I experienced a massive culture shock when I joined Credera...in the best way possible. "It's about relationships," "lean into conflict," and "look to give credit away." These are some of... Credera's catch phrases leadership uses consistently to help guide our actions and our words and they speak for themselves. The priority is not only on how good you are at your job or craft, but HOW you do your job including how you treat others along the way. Credera is a company that balances the corporate world and it's challenges while still holding true to certain convictions and core values. It is no easy task but it's what makes this company different and special. If you are looking for a dog-eat-dog environment where you look after number one, this is not the company for you. Everyone here is held accountable for supporting, encouraging and promoting others, and holding to the Credera values.

Cons

As we grow, there are growing pains involved which any company would experience, but leadership does listen and they do care. They look to everyone to bring ideas to the table through one-on-one conversations, discussions during our monthly company meetings, and anonymous surveys to name a few. Leadership and all other employees are accountable for being a part of the solution. No complainers!!

Advice to Management

Continue to put a priority on consistent company communication even as we grow. Remain steadfast in your convictions/beliefs because that is what makes this company great. Be open to new and different ways of doing things that still allow us to maintain our identity while also allowing us to operate differently than we did in the past.

Credera2017-10-12

October 17, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review- it provides us great encouragement that Credera is still somewhere you love working after five years with our firm. We strive to stay committed to our culture and leadership style as we scale our company, and we are grateful for your feedback and advice as we work towards our growth goals together.

7. "Many opportunities at Credera"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Credera full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been at Credera for a year and half now and have greatly enjoyed my experience thus far. I am consistently provided with interesting opportunities that stretch me from a professional and personal perspective. Being at a smaller firm has allowed me to step into roles that would have taken years to earn at the larger firm I came from. Additionally, leadership does an excellent job to equip me to be successful... at these roles while also giving me autonomy to own the work I do. My mentors and managers regularly check in on me to make sure I am getting the resources and input I need as well as seeing how I am doing personally. I feel known and valued at Credera and am very thankful to be a part of this unique group of people.

Cons

Being at a smaller organization can at times mean less flashy and incentivizing benefits (e.g., phone subsidy, fitness subsidy, etc. ). In my opinion, these tradeoffs are well worth it for the cultural benefits and career opportunities you receive at Credera.

Advice to Management

We are continuing to experience a lot of growth within the organization (which is great), but requires changing some of the established processes and practices to be successful. I know leadership is well aware of this and doing a great job to have open discussions around this topic. Continue to invest time and resources towards these efforts, they are valuable and needed.

Credera2017-10-12

October 12, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and we are so happy you have enjoyed your time here at Credera. We have some exciting initiatives planned for 2018 focused on feedback we’ve received so far, so stay tuned!

"After 7 years, I still love coming to work every day!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Credera full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

When you can come to work everyday for over 7 years and still love what you do, there is something to be thankful for. I am a current Senior Manager and have worked at Credera as a senior consultant and a manager. I know our company and our people well. To internal Crederians: It's a joy to work with you. The caliber of our people is staggering, from our new hires off campus to our senior leadership... team. I learn so much from each of you and am impressed by the quality of what you create. Our leadership is the primary reason I came to Credera and continues to be the reason I stay. To our leadership: I see you as individuals who I can look up to from both a career standpoint and by the way you love their families, care for the growth of our employees, appreciate genuine client relationships, and demonstrate Credera’s core values of professionalism, excellence, integrity and humility. To our staff: I see each of you as unique individuals who give so much of your creativity, thought, time, and talent to our clients. You impress me with your ideas and your ability to learn. I see as you invest internally as well, coaching the people around you and being great team players. Thanks for making work fun everyday! To those looking for employment: Our hiring process is intentionally rigorous. It is a time commitment for you, and for us. We care about many different factors when hiring you and the rigor allows us to be purposeful to hire the right people, at the right time, for the right reasons. Be patient, but let us know if you have a need to accelerate the recruiting timeline. I’d like to touch on our career performance management (CPM) framework; another rigorous, but important review process that assesses 5 major skill areas (Client Management, Practice Specific, Consulting, Company Development, and Business Development) and 19 sub-skills to evaluate a consultant’s performance at Credera. These skill areas are what you will eventually be expected of when you come to Credera. I’m opposed to reviews that highlight our CPM as a con. After writing 20 self-assessments and delivering 30 reviews, I am very much a proponent of the process. It aligns us in the areas we are expected to perform. Contrary to what others may say, no one area is more important than the others. Business development skills get talked about often at senior levels because it is the biggest area for most of us to work on. We tend to perform better in the other areas naturally because we’ve been doing them for years at junior levels. Having been through the process many times, I see this process growing and improving our people. When you are hired, you will have the opportunity to work with top notch clients who have interesting challenges they ask us to solve. We are a creative and talented group of consultants that offer Management Consulting, Technology Services, and User Experience through nine different practice areas. These practices work together to offer endless service offerings. Our clients love having us around and we develop great relationships with them on our projects. Work life balance is a reason why many of us who love consulting began looking at Credera. If you read other reviews, this is a common theme. I was traveling 100% in my prior consulting role and working 55-65 hours per week consistently. Since coming to Credera, my overall travel has been less than 20% and I rarely work 55-65 hour weeks. Don’t hear me wrong; the work is challenging… don’t expect a daily 8-5 job or leaving your work at work every day. We are not a “relaxed” or “flexible” working environment. We are highly professional and work hard to serve our clients. We go to the office or our client every day to work in our team rooms, we don’t work from home. We set good expectations, we build trust with our clients, and we respect each other’s needs and personal schedules so we create a fun, collaborative, and enjoyable work environment.

Cons

As we grow, it has been hard to get to know all of great people at our company. I was part of the 60-70 person Credera family when I started. At that time, every new face was someone who had started that week. Now a new face may be someone who started 6 months ago. As we continue to grow, this will become harder, but I'm encouraged that we are growing in the right direction!

Advice to Management

To Credera’s Partners: Thank you for taking care of us. Thank you for have competitive salaries and a more than competitive bonus structure. Thanks for paying for a huge portion of my benefits and matching my 401k. Thank you for 20 days of paid time off and 11 holidays per year. Thank you for being transparent with your vision, goals, and concerns. You encourage and create ownership of our company by making... known the details of what matters to you and bringing us in. Thank you for the 5 company trips you’ve taken me and my wife on. Thank you for the countless happy hours, lunches, books, trainings, retreats, computers, and software you’ve bought us. Thank you for investing in beautiful office space. Thank you for the time you have invested in fireside chats, coaching, and mentoring us about career and life. Thank you for investing in charities I am involved in. Thank you for being patient with us. Thank you for caring so much about your company!

Credera2017-09-06

September 8, 2017

Thank you so much for posting your feedback and for providing such great insight to current employees, leadership and candidates thinking of working here. We are thrilled to read how much you still love this company after 7 years and truly find it a joy to work here. We also appreciate you sharing information about our interview process, career performance management framework, and our working culture as it will certainly assist many in deciding whether or not Credera is a place they could see themselves working long-term. We wish you many more years of success and happiness here with us, and thank you for being a part of what makes Credera such a special place!

"Excellent Technology / Management Consulting Firm"

I have been working at Credera full-time

Pros

- Credera works with numerous clients whom each have different tech stacks and challenges to face which gives you plenty of opportunity to learn and grow with current languages - Management cares about your personal and professional development - Besides software development, Credera's technology consultants also get opportunities to help with requirement gathering, data analysis, and internal company... development activities such as campus recruiting - Excellent place to work for a software developer who doesn't just want to sit at a desk and code all day, but also interact with clients and teammates to provide efficient solutions to our clients' challenges

Cons

- Not a company for someone who wants an 8 - 5 clock in / clock-out job. This isn't necessarily a con, but be prepared to always be willing to go above and beyond your position if you want to be successful in Credera's model

Credera2017-08-26

August 28, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. It is encouraging to hear your thoughts on a culture that we all work so hard to foster. We wish you many years of success here!

"Family oriented"

I have been working at Credera full-time

Pros

Credera is a great mix of the pros of consulting (fast paced environment, interesting work, little boredom) and the pros of working in industry (not long hours, good work life balance). It is a great place to work if you are interested in consulting but still want to have a life outside of work.

Cons

Their system for giving raises and promotions could be improved, as these are only available once a year, and often people should be promoted but must wait a year before they have the opportunity.

Advice to Management

None

Credera2017-08-23

August 23, 2017

Thank you for providing your feedback! We hope you feel the freedom to discuss your ideas with leadership to continue making Credera a great place to work. We wish you continued success here!

Found 154 reviews