Credera Senior Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 18 reviews

4.7
Credera CEO Justin Bell
Justin Bell
  1. "Glad I made the switch!"

I have been working at Credera full-time for more than a year

Pros

I came to Credera a year ago after over 7 years in the defense industry. It's scary to make such a big career change after that long, but I'm so glad I did. I came for the intimate client relationships with fast feedback cycles and have not been disappointed. What's really stood out though, is how I always feel like the people I'm working with are not only great at their jobs, but also have my back. I never feel... like anything falls on my shoulders alone and that's taken so much stress out of my work life and made it fun again.

Cons

Coming from a very large company, I did lose a few vacation days and pay a little more for insurance, but that's been more than compensated for by my salary here. Consulting as an industry can make maintaining a work/life balance harder than defense. Thankfully, Credera does a great job of limiting the need to travel and supporting family life - I actually travel far less now than I did in the defense industry.

Advice to Management

I've been impressed with how well management solicits and listens to advice from the whole company - I'd encourage them to take that a step further by consistently engaging more when they hear advice and digging deeper with an individual to really flesh out both their advice and the concerns behind their advice.

Credera2018-03-28

April 2, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are so happy to hear your career switch has been a positive experience, and glad you feel supported and taken care of by those with whom you work. We also appreciate your thoughts regarding advice for management and encourage you to speak to leadership directly when you see areas of improvement. We welcome your feedback. We are grateful you decided to join the Credera family and wish you many more years with us!

"A Porsche driving on dirt roads"

I have been working at Credera full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The Porsche: - Phenomenal talent and expertise - Great Culture - Great Values (everyone cares for each other and focus on client satisfaction)

Cons

The Dirt Roads: Internal tools are inadequate and obsolete. Lack of collaboration tools and standards. We still do business by emailing each other powerpoints. This has caused the proliferation of tools and it hurts our productivity. We use email, #slack, Onedrive, Dropbox, Skype, Uber, google, etc etc.

Advice to Management

Focus on helping your employees be productive. The obsolete collaboration tools and jungle of apps and platforms create friction and bring morality and productivity down.

Credera2018-09-07

September 10, 2018Recruiter

Thank you for providing your thoughts and feedback. We are glad to hear you appreciate of the caliber of folks hired into the Credera family, and the values-driven culture we provide. We also welcome your thoughts on improving our internal tools and productivity to allow for higher efficiency, and invite you to be a part of these efforts by reaching out to leadership directly with any specific recommendations or ideas. Alternatively, you can also share additional thoughts or ideas in this anonymous survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CrederaGlassdoor.

3. "Many opportunities at Credera"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Credera full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been at Credera for a year and half now and have greatly enjoyed my experience thus far. I am consistently provided with interesting opportunities that stretch me from a professional and personal perspective. Being at a smaller firm has allowed me to step into roles that would have taken years to earn at the larger firm I came from. Additionally, leadership does an excellent job to equip me to be successful... at these roles while also giving me autonomy to own the work I do. My mentors and managers regularly check in on me to make sure I am getting the resources and input I need as well as seeing how I am doing personally. I feel known and valued at Credera and am very thankful to be a part of this unique group of people.

Cons

Being at a smaller organization can at times mean less flashy and incentivizing benefits (e.g., phone subsidy, fitness subsidy, etc. ). In my opinion, these tradeoffs are well worth it for the cultural benefits and career opportunities you receive at Credera.

Advice to Management

We are continuing to experience a lot of growth within the organization (which is great), but requires changing some of the established processes and practices to be successful. I know leadership is well aware of this and doing a great job to have open discussions around this topic. Continue to invest time and resources towards these efforts, they are valuable and needed.

Credera2017-10-12

October 12, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and we are so happy you have enjoyed your time here at Credera. We have some exciting initiatives planned for 2018 focused on feedback we’ve received so far, so stay tuned!

"Be A Part of Something Greater Than Yourself"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Credera full-time for more than a year

Pros

Truly unique culture. Having came from Industry, I can say Credera's culture is a differentiator as an employer, and you will appreciate the camaraderie and family atmosphere. You are rewarded for hard work. At Credera you are more than just a number, and your hard work will deliver tangible value to your client and be recognized accordingly, both on a personal as well as company level. For instance, when... numbers are hit for the year, the company picks up the tab for every employee and spouse to attend a company trip. High opportunity for growth and self improvement. Co-workers are extremely talented and motivate you to want to expand your knowledge base to constantly grow as a consultant. It is refreshing to go to work and learn something new everyday. Service to the community. Like to give back to your local community? Credera does as well, provides many avenues to volunteer both during company time as well as outside to make a difference. Unique Consulting Experience. When you hear consulting, you might first envision being gone from the family Monday through Friday, living out of a hotel. Credera does work to put their employees in positions where travel is the exception and not the rule, so you can still maintain a proper work life balance. Credera is much more than a job or an employer, but they also still recognize your family time is of utmost importance.

Cons

More than just a job. Hopefully for you, this is not a con, but for some who view work as a means to an end, this may not be for you. It is consulting, so to deliver ultimate value to your clients and the firm you need to go above and beyond the status quo.

Advice to Management

Continue to make strategic hires and trust the process. There is some teething with the growth of the smaller offices but the right individuals are in place to grow their respective markets in due time. Keep the bar high. It is an honor to work among the cream of the crop.

Credera2017-02-24

February 27, 2017

Thank you for your thoughtful comments and encouragement. You did a great job pointing out some of the things we hope make Credera a meaningful and fulfilling destination employer. We will continue to work on improving in the growth areas we have been openly discussing. We want you to know that comments like these are a boost to the leadership team's resolve and commitment to do everything we can to make Credera a helpful place for our colleagues. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us!

"Great People"

Senior Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Credera

Pros

The interview process was handled much better than other firms that I've worked with. The recruiter did his best to schedule all the interviews on the same day which made things a lot easier. The interviews were similar to other consulting firms and were a mix of cultural / career fit and technical knowledge. The quality of people, both in character and job skill, is higher than any company I've worked with or... been exposed to.

Cons

Benefits package is decent but there is no tuition reimbursement for employees seeking post graduate education.

Credera2016-08-08

"Good but Lenghtly interview process"

I have been working at Credera full-time for less than a year

Pros

Got to meet with a several people and talk ask plenty of questions. They were very open to explaining and going over my doubts.

Cons

Apart from the amount of time it takes (about 8 hours across 4 interviews) there is no con I can think of.

Credera2016-07-11

"Fantastic firm with great culture!"

I have been working at Credera full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Competitive compensation -Above average benefits -Great team -Collegiate culture -Technology -Access to leadership -Mentorship program -Stocked kitchen

Cons

-More female leadership at upper echelons of firm -Laborious review process multiple times per year -Traffic near the office / crowded parking structure

Advice to Management

I've only been at the firm for less than a year; no advice at this time.

Credera2016-05-09

"Inspiring leadership and challenging work experience"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Addison, TX

I have been working at Credera full-time for more than a year

Pros

Compensation is better than my prior company. Bonuses are very much merit based (and sizable!). The performance management system is lengthy but generally very fair. The company culture is excellent and very family-like. People here really want to get to know you for who you are. The office is modern and comfortable and in an excellent location in addison. Leaders lead by serving and example, which is the best kind... of leadership there is.

Cons

Sometimes it can be hard to stay in touch with the main office if you are staffed at a client for a long time but it's up to the employee to make sure they stay connected with the "mothership."

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your people as well as your clients. Also consider having more opportunities for cross-practice gatherings to help connect more employees.

Credera2015-01-26

"The best place to work for the right people"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Addison, TX

I have been working at Credera full-time for more than a year

Pros

When I was initially hired by Credera I thought about immediately writing a Glassdoor review, but decided I could write a better review once I had spent some more time at the firm. Now that I have been at Credera for over a year I feel confident that the "honeymoon" phase of my employment has past and I can write a more objective, useful, and unbiased review. Please note that I am in Credera's technical "track" and... I am a relatively junior level within the firm; this review specifically speaks to my experiences in that segment of the company. I can't imagine my experience being significantly different from the non-technical or senior guys, but it still might be worth it to look for a management consultant's and/or a more senior level perspective in addition to mine. It is particularly difficult to give a glimpse into what the Credera is like since each consultant's experience is different based on the client and project they are staffed on. I found it funny that the standard answer to almost all of my interview questions was "it depends followed by an explanation of why"; now that I am inside the firm I totally understand. A large portion of your work depends on the client, the project, and the Credera resources you are working with. Given the ambiguity, if I had to write a one line summary of my experience at Credera it would be: "It is the best place to work for the right people" A good follow up question you might be thinking is "who are the right people?". I think the ideal person for the firm is someone who is smart, self-motivated, hates red tape, and is humble. My first project for the firm was a solo project. It was me, the client, and a very aggressive deadline. During the project I had carte blanche to get the project done. From Credera's point of view there was no process or procedure that held me back. I was able to talk to senior level clients and Credera simply trusted me to do what was right. It was true freedom and the sense of accomplishment upon completing the project was akin to an athlete winning a game. My first project was truly an exhilarating and rewarding experience. Many companies pay lip service to trusting their people, but this is the first place I have ever really felt like it. The flip-side to this is that you can fail. If you like to fly under the radar, "check out", or otherwise avoid getting it done, the freedom given to you will make you miserable as you are the only one responsible for its failure . So without further ado a brief list of what I feel the pros of Credera are. I have added side comments in parenthesis where I felt I wanted to clarify. Pros: ⁃ Talented and genuine people. ⁃ Trusting leadership which empowers their employees (love you guys!) ⁃ Culture that is honest, professional, humble, and acts with integrity. ⁃ Logical company policies. (If there is a policy that doesn't make sense leadership actively seeks feedback to fix what is broken.) ⁃ Great company trips. ⁃ Company actively involved with charity and good works. (We did an activity with Mercy Street last year as well as donated money to many other organizations) ⁃ Good work-life balance. (Project Director spoke with me when I was running on empty during a particularly difficult project). ⁃ Fair compensation letting me focus on work and not worrying about pay. ⁃ Company promotes learning and growing. ⁃ Rewarding mentorship program and review process. (The reviews here are used for more than just determining who gets a raise) ⁃ Open information about the financials of the firm, new hires, people leaving the firm, and family events. (It is refreshing to have all of the information on the table during our monthly meetings) ⁃ Broaden your technical horizons rapidly to learn new technologies and methodologies. ⁃ Deepen your understanding of what you already know to a new level. ⁃ Learn and improve soft skills. (As a technical guy I can't speak enough to the importance of this). ⁃ Establish a valuable network of both coworkers and clients. ⁃ Senior management has an open door policy and I feel that I can talk to any of them. ⁃ Ping Pong at the office to unwind. ⁃ Did I mention the Great people?

Cons

I think many of the things that I have disliked are a function of consulting rather than working specifically at Credera. All of my previous experience has been in industry and consulting is definitely a change of pace. From what I understand many of these complaints apply to most consulting firms and according to acquaintances are relatively mild at Credera compared to other firms. For me, the single hardest... thing has been the contrast between the Credera culture and the client culture. The Credera culture is awesome, but I spend most of my time on site with the client. Learning to be remotely connected to Credera was difficult for me. Plugging into the "mothership" during monthly Credera meetings as well as reaching out to my mentor and senior leadership for lunches has been invaluable for refreshing and keeping in touch. Otherwise it was too easy to feel like a satellite far removed from the great Credera culture. The second difficulty I had was being staffed on projects that were not in my skill set. I had to learn new (to me) technologies on the fly with a deadline. This was not fun especially with old technologies that did not interest me. Finally, it can be hard as a consultant to not have complete ownership of the project. The client always has the final say. Learning to take a project that might be in disarray because of bad decisions and put all the pieces together is tiresome hard work when you could have just done it right from the beginning. This can be frustrating when the clients don't have the resources in house to understand the problems you are trying to communicate to them. Learning to balance the client relationship and technology considerations has been a difficult learning curve for me. Cons: ⁃ Might spend lots of time away from Credera on client site. (It can be rough working for a great company but being placed on a client isolated from the great culture) ⁃ Requirement at higher levels for technical people to be involved with business development (This has not yet affected me at my level, but I felt that it was worth mentioning). ⁃ If you are used to being the best in the room be prepared to get brought down to earth. You will be surrounded by people who WILL be smarter than you. Time to be humbled! (For me it can be hard to admit I don't know something and being surrounded by people that know more than me makes me check my pride) ⁃ Could get staffed on a project that is not in your "wheelhouse". (Meaning you could be on a project that is not in your skill set and you will have to learn on the fly. This is a bummer if the technology you are learning does not interest you and you have to learn it under a deadline) ⁃ Company is still growing and you will be subject to some of those growing pains. (Kind of vague, but things change as our size grows and even in the year I have been here I have seen us having to figure out what the larger Credera looks like) ⁃ The company has very religious ties. This does not bother me, but if you are offended by even hearing mention of God, Credera might not be a good fit for you. (For example we have prayed at company gatherings and the CEO mentions God in company meetings) (I also must point out that the leaders are VERY tolerant of other views/religions and there are many people employed here who are not of the same faith as them; myself included) ⁃ Credera is a smaller company so the benefits aren't the best. (I pay more for my health insurance here than I previously did.) ⁃ Consulting involves lots of uncertainty. (every client and engagement is completely unique. If you don't like uncertainty this might not be the best industry for you) ⁃ You could be put on a client with a long commute and/or travel. (Very few people travel, but there are some. For the most part people commute locally to clients or work out of the Credera office) ⁃ Lots of work (couldn't decide whether to put this under pro or con. I always prefer to have interesting things to do, but to some it could be viewed as a negative). ⁃ Sometimes polishing things for presentation takes more time/effort than the actual work. All in all I am very happy with my decision to come to Credera. I am enthusiastic about the direction of the firm and wholeheartedly endorse the CEO.

Advice to Management

Never lower the bar for hiring. I would prefer to not reach profit goals and preserve the unique culture we have.

Credera2014-07-14

"A working family with amazing people"

I have been working at Credera full-time for less than a year

Pros

Credera makes a concerted effort to maintain the culture and relationships of a tiny firm, despite the fact that it has been one of the fastest growing companies in America for years. The Credera leadership takes the time each month to sit in a room with all of the employees and answer hard questions and be honest about the state of the company and the way ahead. That sort of transparency is rare and allows you to... know the situation around you, which can effect the way you work!

Cons

There is not a very robust training program in place, so be prepared to self-teach, seek out subject matter experts, and read/learn during your free time. If you do not have a technology background, you will be at a disadvantage.

Advice to Management

- Solidify methodologies (whether unique or adapted) and incorporate them into a training plan ( i know this is already under way) - Set clear objectives for performance so employees have a goal to meet. Use Senior Managers and Managers to do this, but we are small enough that I should know exactly what I need to do in order to receive the next higher CPM rating

Credera2014-06-12