Credera Senior Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Justin Bell
  1. "Grateful to be here"

Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Credera full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I was referred to Credera by a friend who thought the company's culture was one I would thrive in. Years later, she couldn't have been more right. I am grateful every day to get to work with the people at our firm - they challenge me and inspire me to be the best version of myself. Over the years, Credera has found a way to consistently hire people that are both smart + humble, which is a rare breed in the... consulting world. Because of this, I've come to admire and respect my colleagues, which is something I don't take for granted as this has not been the case for me at previous employers. At Credera, I have been able to own my career growth. I am given autonomy and opportunities to stretch myself frequently. I truly can see my impact on the business, which I value as I know that is rare at a company our size (and growing). On that note... the company is going through a season of growth and change... but I believe we're getting ready for some of our best years yet.

Cons

We are learning through some current growing pains what we need to do and what changes we need to make to prepare for scaling the firm.

Advice to Management

As we make plans to expand into new markets and at a faster pace than before, our leaders would be wise to continue to promote more of our current employees so that our company's culture remains strong and the next generation of leaders exhibit the same servant leadership and humility that make this place special.

Credera2019-08-14

August 17, 2019

Thank you for providing your feedback and glad our culture is one of growth and inspiration for you! We are grateful you are on our team. We appreciate our people's contributions and believe that together we achieve more. We encourage you to continue to share your ideas and thoughts directly with our leadership team so you can be a part of these conversations.

"The Real Review Comes from the Average Tenure"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Credera full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great place to start your career out of college for technical skillsets, if you want to keep travel to a minimum

Cons

Average tenure is ~3 years which is about half of the time compared to big 4 consulting firms (and Credera's travel policy is much less). Very few see this as a long term option for employment due to lack of progression. The first time diversity and inclusion was acted upon by leadership was 2018 (decades behind industry). This timed up well with their acquisition by a public company when their dirty laundry... was aired. Same leadership is around that drove this policy.

Credera2019-09-03

September 5, 2019

Thank you for providing your feedback and we are glad to hear Credera provides a great career foundation. The average tenure at Credera is very much in line with other comparable firms and is impacted by the rate that we are growing and adding more and more team members. We are grateful you are on our team, and we are sorry that your experience has not met all of your expectations. We value your ideas and welcome all feedback on D&I as we continue to make progress on this particular strategic objective. We encourage you to share your ideas and thoughts with leadership, including our new CEO or four new Partners, so that you can be a part of these conversations.

"After 7 years, I still love coming to work every day!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Credera full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

When you can come to work everyday for over 7 years and still love what you do, there is something to be thankful for. I am a current Senior Manager and have worked at Credera as a senior consultant and a manager. I know our company and our people well. To internal Crederians: It's a joy to work with you. The caliber of our people is staggering, from our new hires off campus to our senior leadership... team. I learn so much from each of you and am impressed by the quality of what you create. Our leadership is the primary reason I came to Credera and continues to be the reason I stay. To our leadership: I see you as individuals who I can look up to from both a career standpoint and by the way you love their families, care for the growth of our employees, appreciate genuine client relationships, and demonstrate Credera’s core values of professionalism, excellence, integrity and humility. To our staff: I see each of you as unique individuals who give so much of your creativity, thought, time, and talent to our clients. You impress me with your ideas and your ability to learn. I see as you invest internally as well, coaching the people around you and being great team players. Thanks for making work fun everyday! To those looking for employment: Our hiring process is intentionally rigorous. It is a time commitment for you, and for us. We care about many different factors when hiring you and the rigor allows us to be purposeful to hire the right people, at the right time, for the right reasons. Be patient, but let us know if you have a need to accelerate the recruiting timeline. I’d like to touch on our career performance management (CPM) framework; another rigorous, but important review process that assesses 5 major skill areas (Client Management, Practice Specific, Consulting, Company Development, and Business Development) and 19 sub-skills to evaluate a consultant’s performance at Credera. These skill areas are what you will eventually be expected of when you come to Credera. I’m opposed to reviews that highlight our CPM as a con. After writing 20 self-assessments and delivering 30 reviews, I am very much a proponent of the process. It aligns us in the areas we are expected to perform. Contrary to what others may say, no one area is more important than the others. Business development skills get talked about often at senior levels because it is the biggest area for most of us to work on. We tend to perform better in the other areas naturally because we’ve been doing them for years at junior levels. Having been through the process many times, I see this process growing and improving our people. When you are hired, you will have the opportunity to work with top notch clients who have interesting challenges they ask us to solve. We are a creative and talented group of consultants that offer Management Consulting, Technology Services, and User Experience through nine different practice areas. These practices work together to offer endless service offerings. Our clients love having us around and we develop great relationships with them on our projects. Work life balance is a reason why many of us who love consulting began looking at Credera. If you read other reviews, this is a common theme. I was traveling 100% in my prior consulting role and working 55-65 hours per week consistently. Since coming to Credera, my overall travel has been less than 20% and I rarely work 55-65 hour weeks. Don’t hear me wrong; the work is challenging… don’t expect a daily 8-5 job or leaving your work at work every day. We are not a “relaxed” or “flexible” working environment. We are highly professional and work hard to serve our clients. We go to the office or our client every day to work in our team rooms, we don’t work from home. We set good expectations, we build trust with our clients, and we respect each other’s needs and personal schedules so we create a fun, collaborative, and enjoyable work environment.

Cons

As we grow, it has been hard to get to know all of great people at our company. I was part of the 60-70 person Credera family when I started. At that time, every new face was someone who had started that week. Now a new face may be someone who started 6 months ago. As we continue to grow, this will become harder, but I'm encouraged that we are growing in the right direction!

Advice to Management

To Credera’s Partners: Thank you for taking care of us. Thank you for have competitive salaries and a more than competitive bonus structure. Thanks for paying for a huge portion of my benefits and matching my 401k. Thank you for 20 days of paid time off and 11 holidays per year. Thank you for being transparent with your vision, goals, and concerns. You encourage and create ownership of our company by making... known the details of what matters to you and bringing us in. Thank you for the 5 company trips you’ve taken me and my wife on. Thank you for the countless happy hours, lunches, books, trainings, retreats, computers, and software you’ve bought us. Thank you for investing in beautiful office space. Thank you for the time you have invested in fireside chats, coaching, and mentoring us about career and life. Thank you for investing in charities I am involved in. Thank you for being patient with us. Thank you for caring so much about your company!

Credera2017-09-06

September 8, 2017

Thank you so much for posting your feedback and for providing such great insight to current employees, leadership and candidates thinking of working here. We are thrilled to read how much you still love this company after 7 years and truly find it a joy to work here. We also appreciate you sharing information about our interview process, career performance management framework, and our working culture as it will certainly assist many in deciding whether or not Credera is a place they could see themselves working long-term. We wish you many more years of success and happiness here with us, and thank you for being a part of what makes Credera such a special place!

"Experienced Hire Interview Process"

Senior Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Credera

Pros

The interview process allows for an excellent idea of what life will be like working for the firm. Combining a cross-section of leadership interviews with a competency assessment, the process enables both the firm and the potential candidate the ability to gauge best-fit potential.

Cons

The process can take some time to complete.

Credera2015-06-08

"Credera"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Credera full-time for more than a year

Pros

Most companies say they have great people and say they have good leadership, but few are able to demonstrate that on a consistent basis. Credera offers everything you would expect in a highly competitive consultancy, and is able to maintain an incredible culture where every person from the CEO to interns is approachable, humble and helpful in everything they do. It is refreshing to work for a company where client... commitment isn't a marketing ploy, but something every person lives out in ever project and every deliverable.

Cons

Working with Credera requires that you are able to sell, deliver, market and recruit all in the same 40 hours you may have once just delivered project work. In order to be an effective person in this company, you need to be able to juggle multiple tasks, which require skills in all aspects of consulting. Given this model, this organization truly requires an individual be driven and efficient in their work.

Advice to Management

Sales support and training would be highly beneficial in your management team.

Credera2013-06-24
  6. "Great people, strong leadership and committed to core values"

Senior Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Credera

Pros

Very talented team that is committed to doing great work for our clients Strong leadership opportunities to help grow our people We do what is right - all the time Fun teams that get along

Cons

Not really a con, but the work can be very challenging and stressful at times Technical employees could use more time for R&D

Advice to Management

Continue to stay committed to investing in our people Continue the work to improve areas that have been addressed as weaker areas

Credera2011-04-18