Credit Acceptance Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Credit Acceptance CEO Brett A. Roberts
Brett A. Roberts

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The work-life balance is better than I've had at any other company" (in 31 reviews)

• "It truly is a great place to work" (in 39 reviews)

Cons
  • "We pride ourselves at being a great place to work" (in 14 reviews)

• "There are really no cons to working at Credit Acceptance" (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Business Analyst"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Credit Acceptance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Company really does care about its employees and reputation as a Great Place to Work. I will be honest and say I was skeptical about this claim, as I had worked for companies who hired me under the premise of being a "great place to work" that ended up falling short of the boast. During my interview process, I was careful to speak to everyone I came in contact with (security guard, people in the lobby and interviewers) and all maintained that they loved working at CA. Part of the onboarding required that I job shadow various departments and I found that EVERYONE I encountered loved working at Credit Acceptance and emphatically proclaimed it as a great place to work. Though I've only been here a few months so far, I can say that none of the red flags or warning signs that the great place to work claims were misleading have surfaced and I LOVE working here. I actually look forward to working on my various projects and interacting with my team. AND my boss is fantastic, and always asking if I need anything from him that would help me do a better job. Best decision I have made in a long time!

Cons

Rapid growth has resulted in new talent needing to get up to speed on processes, applications and company work flow.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

2. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Credit Acceptance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work-life balance is better than I've had at any other company. Management trust that we are all professionals and able to complete our work without micromanagement, so there's flexibility in schedule/hours. There is also a generous PTO structure. I did lose about 5 days PTO from my last company to Credit Acceptance, but the flexibility more than makes up for it.

The insurance coverage (medical, vision, dental) is comprehensive and affordable. Though I do not have a need for it, there is even coverage for IVF and adoption services. Maternity leave is provided, but slightly shorter than companies I worked for in the past. Unlike a lot of places, paternity leave is also offered. There are a variety of optional benefits as well (ex. legal coverage) and the company offers tuition reimbursement. The pay is in line or slightly above market average, and there's a huge emphasis on paying people fairly.

Onboarding and training are smooth and fully developed. Performance expectations are clearly set and you receive constant feedback on how you're doing. The people are genuine and welcoming on a professional and personal level. I have not experienced even a hint of office politics, and everyone seems to be happy coming into work on a daily basis.

Cons

There are always small improvements that could be made like increased maternity/paternity leave, but overall the company is very feedback driven. The CEO, Brett Roberts, hosts quarterly meetings to address employee concerns. Feedback is taken and implemented where possible. A larger conversation is had when the opportunities are something bigger/more involved.

Advice to Management

N/A

3. "CAC"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Credit Acceptance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good base, company culture. Limited growth potential.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations for market conditions and areas.

Advice to Management

Make adjustments to each market based on previous years numbers, not straight across the board. Florida is a cess pool of fraud, delinquencies and bad people. You're losing good employees.

4. "Credit Acceptance"

I have been working at Credit Acceptance full-time

Pros

Good base pay, GREAT bonuses. Great benefits, great culture.

Cons

honestly I cant think of any cons

5. "Nice place to work for a call center"

I worked at Credit Acceptance full-time

Pros

Nice environment and friendly place.

Cons

Lack of good trainers and experienced supervisors.

6. "Watch Out"

Current Employee - Information Technology in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Information Technology in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Credit Acceptance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Straight 40 hours. Good benefits. Bonuses are nice but necessary as base salary is lower.

Cons

Once hired, a lot of new employees are finding that their role and responsibilities do not align with the job description they put in for.
    PRIDE values apply to employees but not managers. Any PRIDE discrepancy found by your manager negates any hard work you've done and will make you ineligible for bonuses, raises, promotions.

7. "Truly a Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Instructional Designer in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Instructional Designer in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Credit Acceptance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been employed at Credit Acceptance for just over two months now. My experience thus far has been wonderful. Everyone is incredibly helpful, friendly, and hard working. Everything that was promised to me in the interview process, is exactly what I have experienced. This is not a company that promises the world and fails to deliver. It truly is a great place to work!

Cons

I think the only downsides are the closed floor plans (including the high walls on the cubicles) and the three different locations in Southfield. This makes it a little more difficult to collaborate.

Advice to Management

Continue the listening culture! I have truly appreciated the townhalls, surveys, and round tables where employees are encouraged to bring issues to light, where everyone's voices are heard and something is actually done about it! Process improvement is a constant reality, which is refreshing.

8. "Instructional Designer"

I have been working at Credit Acceptance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The staff is very accommodating with your time. They provide flexible work schedules if you have a sick child, have doctor appointments, or get sick. This was the number one reason why I switched from my last company.
    The benefits are incredible. They offer competitive health insurance rates, PTO, tuition reimbursement, along with IVF and adoption reimbursement.
    The people are probably the best part. Everyone was chosen for a reason and the feeling of collaboration and teamwork is exceptional.
    The pay is is competitive with your experience and the company backs up good talent with compensation. Work life balance is strongly encouraged.

Cons

Although we have experienced managers, we are still a growing team both in numbers and experience. So at times there are new process flows that are being worked out, this can be a delay initially in mapping out procedures but will pay off in the long run. As a growing company the software tools are in the process of being reviewed for efficiency and impact and could use some updates to more current trends . The positive side is that the company is open to feedback.

Advice to Management

Keep attracting good people and continue working to provide a flexible work life balance. Work to understand how to improve the efficiencies for time and resources from a project management standpoint. But overall, you all have made it a really great place to work.

9. "Great Place To Work"

I have been working at Credit Acceptance full-time

Pros

Great leadership and team members, better than average benefits.

Cons

None to report at this point.

10. "Sales"

I worked at Credit Acceptance full-time

Pros

The Hours were great at first

Cons

The Pay was not great for the work