Credit Acceptance Reviews | Glassdoor

Credit Acceptance CEO Brett A. Roberts
Brett A. Roberts

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • We pride ourselves at being a great place to work (in 13 reviews)

• There are really no cons to working at Credit Acceptance (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Business Analyst"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Credit Acceptance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Company really does care about its employees and reputation as a Great Place to Work. I will be honest and say I was skeptical about this claim, as I had worked for companies who hired me under the premise of being a "great place to work" that ended up falling short of the boast. During my interview process, I was careful to speak to everyone I came in contact with (security guard, people in the lobby and interviewers) and all maintained that they loved working at CA. Part of the onboarding required that I job shadow various departments and I found that EVERYONE I encountered loved working at Credit Acceptance and emphatically proclaimed it as a great place to work. Though I've only been here a few months so far, I can say that none of the red flags or warning signs that the great place to work claims were misleading have surfaced and I LOVE working here. I actually look forward to working on my various projects and interacting with my team. AND my boss is fantastic, and always asking if I need anything from him that would help me do a better job. Best decision I have made in a long time!

Cons

Rapid growth has resulted in new talent needing to get up to speed on processes, applications and company work flow.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

2. "Business Relationship Manager"

I have been working at Credit Acceptance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Place To Work is what everyone is contributing to and making happen!

Cons

Can't think of any at the moment.

3. "Senior Consultant"

I worked at Credit Acceptance full-time

Pros

Good work life balance - new cases often

Cons

Long hours on deadline weeks

"Pay"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Credit Acceptance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can make a lot of money if you get the right territory otherwise it is about average. Good benefits. Very corporate but people are great.

Cons

Micromanaged. They break down your results so much that you get too involved in activities to manage all their metrics that you are ranked and measured on rather than focusing on the activities a veteran or seasoned employee could be doing to drive better results

Advice to Management

Chill out on the performance metrics. Its great information to have and if used can help drive results for sure. But it seems like we are only measured by the metrics which do not accurately characterize performance by an employee. It get exhausting .

5. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Manager in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Credit Acceptance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Brett Roberts - caring and amazing leader
    Level of trust amongst leaders and team members
    Listening environment
    Supportive and friendly team members
    Great culture

Cons

Continue to focus on stronger balance between compliance and experience for both customers and team members.

Advice to Management

Keep listening - excellent job!

"Great Receuiter"

I have been working at Credit Acceptance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I just recently was hired at credit acceptance and my experience with the recruiter Raquel was amazing !! She went above and beyond . She is very encouraging and insightful !

Cons

There are no cons to report

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

7. "Not the best company. But they did have some minor redeeming qualities to make you stay longer than you should."

I worked at Credit Acceptance full-time

Pros

They’re great when it comes to time accommodations, ie vacation, being late, calling in-that’s where it stops

Cons

Management, unapproachability, lack of advancement opportunities,

Advice to Management

Supervisors only assisted those who were into them and wanted to talk about clothes, shoes, and what they did the past weekend. They’re very punitive and they are retaliatory if you comment in their town halls. They act as if they are a listening culture but they only listen if it lines their pockets. In the repossession dept they reduced their bonus’ for 9 months and the VP said that the only thing that we’re guaranteed are our hourly paychecks and that if we didn’t like it he could make the goal harder. This is what his response was after being asked questions that he couldn’t answer about why the bonus’ were low and why they couldn’t tell us when they were going to increase. They started firing at least 2 ppl a week and the department dropped from 100 to about 60 in the course of 4 months. The reasons were for work avoidance, can range from something as simple as 7 seconds of screen inactivity or helping another team member. They began restricting what we were able to do, and requesting for us to do more with little accopmmodation or consideration. The supervisors are micromanagers who clique up and don’t know how to properly manage. They aren’t approachable, some weren’t properly trained on the job before promotion, and some have been there for so long that they get away with the bad behavior because its systemic. There have been times where team members were told they weren’t able to speak to other team members but supervisors are constantly at each other cubicles laughing, painting nails, taking pictures for Instagram, in the managers offices laughing, or even talking about their team members to other supervisors out in the open. Managers are the same way. One manager was brazen enough to take a pictures with her legs propped on the desk and tagged “boss lady”. When she was confronted with the hypocritical nature of the photo and that if it was a repossession specialist they would have been fired, she simply read a letter of “how she and her sisters came from nothing and that the picture was a joke” again, confirming that if it was a team member, joke or not, they still would have been let go. HR doesn’t assist because on some occasions, there have been team members who went to HR only to be told that the supervisor or manager there were issuing a complaint about was their friend. Do not work for this company. They give you the illusion as if they’re a good company but they don’t give a damn about you. They fired one girl because she had 3 edits on their time card. She was having computer malfunctions that wasn’t allowing her to clock in on time. She was there. The issue was noted. You can’t only get your time card edited for 3 times and it results in a life card, which is one of the few perks of the company. A life card is what would be called an offense at any other company. You get 3 of these a month without penalty. The young lady had 2 life cards at the time, reasons was one for being late, the other being that she left work early because she found out her husband had prostate cancer. When she had to get her time card edited again, for a 3rd time, they fired her. This was all within the same week, so it wasn’t as if this was an ongoing thing. If you’re working for a company that can’t be understanding to a situation such as cancer or be accommodating to a known computer issue (your company programs/equipment) who would want to work for a company like that? They’re targeting people on FMLA and are even firing people that they think are going to file. It’s the most mentally stressing and taxing environment there is. Every other day, no exaggeration, there’s an email about someone that they left go. They’ve fired 4 supervisors in 3 months, but continue to keep the ones that are in their “clique” and is involved in the persecution and harassment of the repossession specialist that are left. DO NOT WORK FOR CREDIT ACCEPTANCE! THEY’LL BRING YOU IN, CHANGE THE PAY SCALE AND THEN GAS LIGHT YOU WHEN YOU CALL THEM OUT ON IT! Companies like this are the reason that unions were created.

8. "Insurance Specialist"

I have been working at Credit Acceptance full-time

Pros

Great bonus structure. Great work Ethics. Room for growth.

Cons

Nothing . Keep up the good work.

Advice to Management

Opening up an earlier start time would be nice. :)

"Their bark is bigger than their bite."

Former Employee - Compliance Role in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Compliance Role in Southfield, MI

I worked at Credit Acceptance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company has potential to be a great place to work. There is free coffee/tea/ cocoa and popcorn on Fridays. There's 3 company wide event's yrly and several department events qrtly. Gym, tuition, and adoption reimbursement. Benefits package is also pretty good. PTO schedule is great. Some departments get flex time but most do not. Laid back dress code.

Cons

Departments are under staffed, micromanaged, and some unorganized from the top down making it a stressful situation. Management makes knee jerk decisions not following their motto about people doing the work know the most. Teams are usually not asked about processes before they are changed and many times told after the fact. Team members are not appreciated for their input or what they can bring beyond their role. Asking questions is considered push back. Mistakes are held against you forever. Their team member review process is antiquated and needs an overhaul. No remote work options.

Advice to Management

You lose good talent due to poor management. Qtrly Survey results are not a true reflection of team members options. They fear retribution for negative comments. Some managers go on a witch Hunt to figure out the source. GPTW surveys are also some what distorted because there is a reward tied to the results. Folks want that reward.

10. "Great Company"

I worked at Credit Acceptance full-time

Pros

Amazing culture, people seem to actually care about doing a good job.

Cons

Stagnant salaries, a bit of groupthink in some areas.

Advice to Management

Focus on attracting and retaining top talent.