Credit Acceptance Reviews

Updated Jun 7, 2021

4.1
Credit Acceptance CEO Kenneth S. Booth
Kenneth S. Booth
Pros
  • "Great work/life balance with generous PTO(in 48 reviews)

• "Great place to work like they preach(in 44 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I have no cons, this is a great place to work(in 19 reviews)

• "Some new team members struggle though as CA is a hard driving company and(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Credit Acceptance and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Company

Jun 7, 2021 - Corporate Support
      Business Outlook

Pros

The Company has great benefits.

Cons

I don't see any downside.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Company Culture is Real

Jun 4, 2021 - Market Area Manager in Minneapolis, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Over the last year, Credit Acceptance has gone above and beyond to take care of their employees during these challenging times. Leadership has been in constant communication with the field and understands that our opinions and thoughts need to be heard. As far as local management, I've been blown away with his ability to be reachable and bought into my success. It's always how can I make your better and more money, rather than how can I make more money for him.

Cons

Wish they would give a company car.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

More than a job...a career

Apr 16, 2021 - Director of Sales in Baltimore, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

In my 25 years with the company I have seen so many lives changed for the better. Dealerships that once struggled financially now receive large monthly checks for vehicles they sold years ago. When car sales are slow these dealers don't have to worry about how they are going to pay the rent. We work hand in hand coming up with a plan to create long term wealth for our clients and their family's. I have hired, trained, mentored, developed so many good people that have been able to take their career to the next level and are now leaders in the company. I can't think of anything more rewarding! Lastly we help customers most places say "no" to. Helping people is what it is all about that is why I do what I do.

Cons

You have to have the mindset that you are running your own business inside of a business. If you are not willing to put in the hard work and become a trusted advisor for your clients the chance of long term success is very low.

4. 5.0

Outstanding Listening Culture In A Company That Takes Care Of Its People

Apr 16, 2021 - Director of Sales in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

There's likely no company that listens more to its employees than Credit Acceptance. No topic is off limits and everyone from the President down through the ranks is willing to take on any question or concern from anyone within the organization to make it a great place to work. During the pandemic, not only did CA not furlough or lay off any employees, CA paid its Sales team on what the projected growth would have been, if not for the near shutdown of the entire automotive sales industry, early on in the pandemic. Not only did the Sales team get paid, they got paid what they likely would have been paid, based on historical growth numbers - this level of caring is simply unheard of in today's business environment. Being part of a company that celebrates diversity and inclusion, rewards performance and results, and demands a respectful and earnest work environment has made my tenure at CA the best of my career.

Cons

If you are a self-motivated professional, who takes pride in your results and performance, there are no downsides to working at CA.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Best Employer I've EVER Had

Apr 16, 2021 - Senior Team Member in Southfield, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing work-life balance, open dialogue, clear and realistic expectations, trusting and caring leadership, focus on community support and competitive pay and benefits. Thing is, you have to work hard and then that hard work is recognized and rewarded. If you are looking to come to Credit Acceptance and not put in the time or effort then you will not be successful. This company is built on hard work, dedication and consistency, not excuses. What you put in, you will get back in return!

Cons

None really to speak of! But what is nice is, if I did have something to share, I have several ways that I am able to do so and I know that what I have to say is valued. Value is not always agreeing either, but value to me is being given a chance to voice my thoughts, being heard and responded to, respectfully.

6. 5.0

Great Place To Work

May 28, 2021 - Market Area Manager in Milwaukee, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are many pros to working for Credit Acceptance. They are a company who truly puts their employees first. Benefits are great, there is unlimited earning potential, and a supportive listening culture. They review suggestions and feedback and work to implement changes where it makes sense.

Cons

There are not any cons that I can think of. I enjoy being a part of Credit Acceptance.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

A great company that truly cares about their employees

May 18, 2021 - Market Area Manager in Wichita, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working here for 4 years now. The company provides a great work-life balance, much better than market benefits, an iphone 12 and laptop, car and mileage reimbursement, and solid pay for the time you are putting in out in the field. My personal experience with management has also been great.

Cons

None that I can think of right now. They are continuously sending out surveys, gathering feedback, and making things better.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work no doubt!

May 28, 2021 - Market Area Manager in Minneapolis, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance. Great income potential. Listening culture. Solid benefits. Great management.

Cons

It’s not really a con, but a challenge to overcome clients perceptions and the competition in the market at times.

9. 5.0

Company Worth Retiring With

Jun 4, 2021 - Market Area Manager in Madison, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Environment Great Co-Workers Leadership seems to have everyone's interest in mind Great Benefits and Flexibility

Cons

I have no cons with Credit Acceptance, I want to retire with them.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Professionally, I have experienced tremendous development since joining Credit Acceptance almost 9 years ago.

Apr 19, 2021 - Director of Sales in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been able to develop my knowledge and skills through state of the art training, mentoring and experiences. Although I felt I came in with high level skills the company brought out the best in me. It's like being in the marines. It isn't easy but it will change your life. Developing others by sharing experiences, both good and bad, has also been extremely rewarding.

Cons

When I say it is "tough" it probably doesn't accurately reflect the challenges a person will experience their first year or two. Not everyone is cut out for it. Change is slow and can sometimes be frustrating. However, leadership doesn't want change just to change.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 488 Reviews