Credit Acceptance "great place" Reviews | Glassdoor

Credit Acceptance Employee Reviews about "great place"

Updated Oct 17, 2019

3.9
Credit Acceptance CEO Brett A. Roberts
Brett A. Roberts
Pros
  • "Great place to work like they preach(in 41 reviews)

• "Amazing work-life balance in a company that values you like family(in 38 reviews)

Cons
  • "Believe the reviews that the company tells its employees to list CAC as a great place to work in its surveys or there will be hell to be paid(in 16 reviews)

• "There are really no cons to working at Credit Acceptance(in 10 reviews)

Reviews about "great place"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great place to work !"

Current Employee - Market Area Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Credit Acceptance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Culture , Great management , enjoy coming to work everyday,

Cons

None great place to work

Credit Acceptance2019-10-17
  2. "I actually enjoy coming to work each day."

I have been working at Credit Acceptance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Credit Acceptance listens to their employees, provides opportunities for growth, and offers work life balance. My manager is the best I have ever worked for. People are happy and friendly at work, and they make it a great place to be. The flexibility offered is a life changer, and I feel like my opinions and ideas are valued.

Cons

None I can think of. Some areas may have a different experience than I do, as they are working with customers, but people still seem to enjoy their jobs.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your people. Keep focusing on what is important.

Credit Acceptance2019-08-18
  3. "GPTW"

Former Employee - Front End Collector

I worked at Credit Acceptance full-time

Pros

Great place to work like they preach

Cons

The people you have to call

Credit Acceptance2019-08-15

"Prospective Employees Beware!"

Former Employee - Market Area Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Credit Acceptance full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you enjoy selling a predatory lending program that rewards you and your dealers for marking up the sale price and inflating the trim level while charging high interest rates on long term contracts then this is the place for you!

Cons

Never worked for a company in my life before that enjoys firing employees the way CAC does...yes they really do enjoy it! If you dont do this you'll be fired...if you don't do that you'll be fired...this message was delivered to our team during weekly conference calls, email or district meetings. Honestly, the drum beat never stopped. Micromanagement through the in-house CRM is extreme. Believe the reviews that... the company tells its employees to list CAC as a great place to work in its surveys or there will be hell to be paid. CAC will come after you legally with the 2 yr non-compete you are required to sign. More boots on the ground is the mentality when it comes to its sales force. They state its an uncapped commission, but what good does that do if your market is so small that you can't make a decent commission. Turn over has always been a problem, but apparently its gotten even worse.

Advice to Management

Keep patting yourselves on the back that you are a great place to work while mandating that your employees give you good reviews...If your so great why is your turnover the highest in the industry?

Credit Acceptance2019-08-08
  5. "Truly a Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Instructional Designer in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Credit Acceptance full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been employed at Credit Acceptance for just over two months now. My experience thus far has been wonderful. Everyone is incredibly helpful, friendly, and hard working. Everything that was promised to me in the interview process, is exactly what I have experienced. This is not a company that promises the world and fails to deliver. It truly is a great place to work!

Cons

I think the only downsides are the closed floor plans (including the high walls on the cubicles) and the three different locations in Southfield. This makes it a little more difficult to collaborate.

Advice to Management

Continue the listening culture! I have truly appreciated the townhalls, surveys, and round tables where employees are encouraged to bring issues to light, where everyone's voices are heard and something is actually done about it! Process improvement is a constant reality, which is refreshing.

Credit Acceptance2018-12-03
  6. "It's really not a great place to work."

Former Employee - Collections Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Credit Acceptance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible schedule, can use P.T.O. whenever you like, very relaxed dress code, nice bonus but you have to live there from 5am - 8pm, and great benefits.

Cons

HSC location shows a lot of favoritism for anyone transferring from SSC. The company brain washes you when it’s time to vote for the great place to work award, shortly after the voting process has ended you are back to being treated like a tool. The feedback sessions with your supervisor are a load of crap, you can have a perfect call and they always find something negative to say. If management doesn’t like your... input, they look at like you’re going against them, and they will put a target on your back. They have veteran representatives that are more knowledgeable and approachable than half the supervisors yet, they refuse to promote them. They will have friendly conversations with you about your performance, to get you thinking that everything is okay, and then go behind your back to document your PDL to lower your rating. The supervisors will threatened you with lower your rating if you’re on your cell phone or cross talking, but that rule doesn’t apply to them. During your 1 on 1 any supervisor can interrupt them, to talk about what they did over the weekend, and show them chips on YouTube. They want you to sit in your seat 96 - 90% of time, supervisors can roam freely away from their team to chat with other supervisors, and when you ask them for help they’ll give you an attitude.

Advice to Management

Get your supervisors on the same page, stop showing favoritism, ask the people are actually close to the work for their honest input(not 4-5 on great place to work during town-halls”. ) Start telling your representatives “Good job!” and end it with that. Stop giving false hope to veteran representatives, by promoting someone else over them, because they interviewed well. Let the people close to the work rate your... supervisors.

Credit Acceptance2018-11-27
  7. "Product Manager"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Credit Acceptance full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company cares about its employees and its reputation of being a Great Place to Work. I was very nervous joining CAC prior to my first day. Once that day came though, my nerves went out the window. It's been a great place, the people are very easy to get along with. The entire company is honest about the direction we're going and how we should move forward. I'm happy I joined!

Cons

Company is growing fast, lots of moving parts making room for everyone

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Credit Acceptance2018-08-22

"Manager"

Current Employee - Manager At HQ in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Credit Acceptance full-time for less than a year

Pros

When the company says that it strives to be a GPTW, they mean it! They even have a GPTW committee planning and overseeing anything related to GPTW! Also, the company truly has a listening culture. The CEO responds to employee suggestions every quarter as well as has a face-to-face business review. He is open to receive feedback on absolutely anything! The PRIDE (Positive, Respectful, Insightful, Direct and... Earnest) values drive the company forward and provide direction for each and every team member on what is expected of him/her. I've only been here a few months so far and can say that this is truly a Great Place to Work! I LOVE working here. I feel like I fit in so well with my fellow team members as well as the what the company stands for. Everyone has made me feel so welcome and my transition has been easy and very smooth.

Cons

I've not found any cons to working here at Credit Acceptance.

Advice to Management

Thank you for all you do and keep up the great work!

Credit Acceptance2018-05-21

"Business Relationship Manager"

I have been working at Credit Acceptance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Place To Work is what everyone is contributing to and making happen!

Cons

Can't think of any at the moment.

Credit Acceptance2018-05-11

"Business Analyst"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Credit Acceptance full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Company really does care about its employees and reputation as a Great Place to Work. I will be honest and say I was skeptical about this claim, as I had worked for companies who hired me under the premise of being a "great place to work" that ended up falling short of the boast. During my interview process, I was careful to speak to everyone I came in contact with (security guard, people in the lobby and... interviewers) and all maintained that they loved working at CA. Part of the onboarding required that I job shadow various departments and I found that EVERYONE I encountered loved working at Credit Acceptance and emphatically proclaimed it as a great place to work. Though I've only been here a few months so far, I can say that none of the red flags or warning signs that the great place to work claims were misleading have surfaced and I LOVE working here. I actually look forward to working on my various projects and interacting with my team. AND my boss is fantastic, and always asking if I need anything from him that would help me do a better job. Best decision I have made in a long time!

Cons

Rapid growth has resulted in new talent needing to get up to speed on processes, applications and company work flow.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Credit Acceptance2018-03-12